WebIce Nine Kills - new music video Rainy Day from The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood - out now on Fearless Records. MERCH. [45] It was accompanied by a music video inspired by the film A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). Please welcome Miles and Doc to the INK family and send Dan all the love and support he needs right now. They were all just so kind. BA1 1UA. Alongside other newly signed Fearless Records artist Wage War and The White Noise, the band headlined on the "Fresh Faces Tour" from October 24 November 29, 2016. Ice Nine Kills just announced they will be touring without guitarist Dan Sugarman, who shared that he discovered a lump on his neck and needed to take a break to take care of his health. Best They were nice enough to store our gear there, so we wouldn't have to ship it every time we came to Europe. That would have satisfied King's concerns maybe. On June 22, 2015, Ice Nine Kills released a music video for their version of "Animals" by Maroon 5 on Fearless Records for Punk Goes Pop Vol. Theres some profanity and theres head spinning and its really scary. My dad turned 81 this year. One of my favorite comedies, Dumb and Dumber, filmed there. [8] That same year, Ice Nine Kills released 2 acoustic tracks ("The Simple Act of Giving Up" and "Lifetime in a Week") on an EP titled 2 Song Acoustic. It's just the tip of the icepick - er, iceberg - for the genre obsessed Ice Nine Kills frontman. [40] Additionally, the band was featured on the Fearless Punk Goes Pop series Punk Goes Pop 7 covering "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" originally by Zayn and Taylor Swift on July 14, 2017. The album features guest appearances by the band's former singer Jeremy Schwartz, Tony Lovato of Mest, actress Chelsea Talmadge, Randy Strohmeyer of Finch, Buddy Schaub and "JR" Wasilewski of Less Than Jake, Will Salazar of Fenix TX, and Stanley Kubrick's grandson Sam Kubrick of the UK band Shields. A new video update from Sugarman, which can be seen in full below, reveals that Sugarman recently received a serious medical diagnosis and will be taking some time off to address it focus on his health. There's room for bombastic and experimental pressing forward, and at that, such is welcome, and perhaps even needed in the modern music community."[3]. Brad Evans on Art and Technology Pt 2, EXCLUSIVE: Amon Tobin Premieres New Video, Do We Need a New Definition of Violence? Their band name is derived from the fictional substance ice-nine from the novel Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. WebIce nine kills makes me autism, sorry i cant hold still lol. [54], On October 4, 2019, the band released the acoustic version for their song, "Stabbing in the Dark" featuring Matt Heafy of Trivium. WebThe official YouTube channel of Ice Nine Kills - new single "Welcome To Horrorwood" from the album, The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood - available now on Fearless In 2019 alone Ice Nine Kills grossed over $1.75 million in merchandise sales, with an average $12.83 per concert attendee from their live shows, and sold an average of 1,100 tickets per show on their last headline tour. I have a team of incredible doctors that I trust in. We were in the midst of a radio campaign, doing a lot of morning radio performances, where you come in and play acoustically in the morning. [72][73], On March 31, 2022, the band released a new song, "Hunting Season", taken from The Fall Of Troi expansion of the video game, PUBG: New State.[74]. Our tour manager had met Shields before this tour. Ice Nine Kills (sometimes stylized in all capital letters or abbreviated to INK, and formerly known as Ice Nine) is an American heavy metal band from Boston, Massachusetts, who are signed to Fearless Records. They told us that Jim Carrey requested to stay in Room 217. We had a day off before our show in London and the band's guitarist, Sam, a very nice guy, offered to let us stay with him. Ice Nine Kills have announced that they will be playing their immediate upcoming live shows without their guitarist Dan Sugarman. You may opt-out by. In addition, Doc will carry Dans spirit on stage with us by using his signature guitar model, The Murder Axe. This is a place for news, reviews, videos and discussion of your favorite metalcore bands. Although he did not disclose the specifics of his Advertising Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. - All Access Music", "Ice Nine Kills Debut Eerie New Standalone Single "The American Nightmare" / the Noise", "Ice Nine Kills Debut 'Nightmare On Elm Street'-InspiredVisual For "The American Nightmare" / the Noise", "Ice Nine Kills To Release The Silver Scream on 10/5, Band Drops Video for The American Nightmard", "ICE NINE KILLS: 'Thank God It's Friday' Video", "Spencer Charnas Ice Nine Kills 'Thrills, Chills and Silver Scream Spills', "Former Ice Nine Kills bassist Shane Bisnett has passed away at age 31", https://www.instagram.com/p/BvNSI_XBCw7/%7Ctitle=, "See Ice Nine Kills Hail Pennywise in Grisly New "IT Is the End" Video", "Ice Nine Kills - Stabbing In The Dark (Acoustic ft. Matt Heafy) - YouTube", "Ice Nine Kills Are Releasing A Deluxe Version Of Their Album 'The Silver Scream' - News", "Ice Nine Kills turn "Stacy's Mom" into a rib-splitting 'Friday The 13th', "Jason's Mom: "Friday the 13th" Tribute Song from Ice Nine Kills Now Available on Streaming Services [Video]", "Ice Nine Kills on Instagram: "Take a stab at Slashing your way through The Overlook hedge maze to uncover a disturbing secret Link in bio. We really had an 11-year-old girl WebGlad u love the album. Theyre awesome and it reminds me of the stuff that I used to listen to when I was in high school and I just think theyre great. He's actually buried on the property. Spencer Charnas wears his love of horror on his sleeve. Whats your take on the UK scene at the moment? Stanley Kubrick, of course, died in 1999. On September 13, 2019, the band released an acoustic rendition of their hit song, "Savages". We took them on tour and became very friendly with them. Ice Nine Kills vocalist Spencer Charnas explains his longtime love for Stanley Kubrick's The Shining and how it fits into the band mystique. Spencer Become a backer and join us in discovering new forms of art that raise the heart rate and electrify the mind. He really brings my ideas to life and Im not the best artist in terms of drawing, but Ill have some idea like I want to take this song of ours and incorporate this sort of retro 80s slasher-feel, and hell know exactly what I want. 0. Heres how it works. This shifted Ice Nine Kills' sound into more of an experimental metalcore sound to which Ferret Music took notice and signed the band in the spring of 2009 and after their appearance on Warped Tour 2009 the band began writing and recording their next record.[8]. Former Affiance drummer Patrick Galante will serve as a touring member. He should be seen as a normal, likable guy at the outset. I rarely come across bands these days that I like. Were gonna be working on a new video soon, and were gonna be working on songs for a new album thatll hopefully be out a year from now. I highly recommend checking out that hotel. Its more than apparent that the bands latest music and their tight knot to horror culture, more specifically horror franchises, have created a unique one-of-a-kind band business blueprint. Worst Director for Stanley Kubrick, Worst Actress for Shelly Duvall. We originally started as just Ice Nine, which is a reference to a fictional substance in Kurt Vonneguts Cats Cradle. WebFronted by Spencer Charnas, Ice Nine kills is a band who gets their inspiration from literature and horror movies, such as 2018s The Sliver Scream album, which gave us Tickets for Silver Screen Con are on sale now on the event's website. The music video was a 'shortened remake' of The Exorcist. [31] On February 6, 2015, Ice Nine Kills released a music video for "The Fastest Way to a Girl's Heart Is Through Her Ribcage". But unfortunately, we do so with a heavy heart. Ice Nine Kills just announced they will be touring without guitarist Dan Sugarman, who shared that he discovered a lump on his neck and needed to take a break to take care of his health. Even how the minimalized musical score complements his descent into madness. Whereas I have only a vague understanding of him outside of The Shining. ", "The thieves probably did it out of Spite", Copyright 1999-2023 In light of his absence, Sugarman will be replaced onstage by Miles Dimitri Baker of Interloper, etc. [63], The band released a cover and music video of the Elvis Presley song "Can't Help Falling in Love" on February 9, 2021, to the Fearless Records YouTube channel. [68] On August 9, 2021, the band released the second single "Assault & Batteries", inspired by Child's Play. 06/29 Hershey, PA Giant Center. It can be very difficult, to come in at 7 a.m. after sleeping for two hours on a tour bus. [50] Lead guitarist Justin DeBlieck released a tribute song named "Sunrise" under the moniker Fallbrook.[51]. The interior hotel stuff was done on a set, at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire, England. I just want to know what are your opinions about them if you've heard them and like them or you don't like them and why. So far its great, youll have to ask me that question again after weve played a few shows. I'm always blown away when I see that movie. It definitely changed the way that I think about horror. 05/17 Paris, FRA Stade de France (feat. PopCurse episode with Spencer Charnas of Ice Nine Kills, Fans Work Out New James Bond is Game of Thrones Star After Social Media Joke, The 10 Best Sword Fighters in Movies, Ranked, James Gunn Shares Emotional Image from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 05/23 Munich, GER Tonhalle By Daniel S. Levine - April 30, 2023 04:13 pm EDT. It introduced me to that sort of off the beaten path style of filmmaking. We're of a generation that wasn't so aware of Nicholson before this; my first times seeing him were probably this or maybe as the Joker in Batman. 07/30 Redding, CA Redding Civic Lawn, "Not quite either wet or dry, the smell will make you cry. We saw Stanley's personal library, which was obviously very impressive, with one of those ladders that slides. ", Metallica mix it up on second night of World Tour in Amsterdam, Kids doing well, Slipknot slaying, new record label: Life is pretty great for Corey Taylor right now, The 10 best new metal songs you need to hear this week, Every issue delivered direct to your door. I guess Kubrick didn't even know what he was referencing. I would look at posters, trying to find my favorite bands. A deluxe reissue edition titled The Silver Scream: Final Cut was released on October 25, 2019. Gigs horror Ice Nine Kills Interviews Metal metalcore, Mark BattyMichael CarsonJames JohnstonRussell MacEwanChantal Meza Gail OldingPeter Van Dyck. 05/25 Vienna, AUT Simm City One group in particular, Shields from the UK, struck me as pretty cool. [53] On September 24, the band released their final music video for the Silver Scream completing the storyline they had started with "The American Nightmare" with the release of a music video for the final track on the album, "IT is the End". WebNow a rock veteran himself, Shaddix is trying to pass it on, and Ice Nine Kills' Spencer Charnas, for one, appreciates him for it. It's like being allowed into a museum after hours. Spencer Charnas: That's one of the most famous lines of the film, which was added by Nicholson. What lead to this decision for the band? On September 17, 2015, the band signed to Fearless Records who released their album Every Trick in the Book. In a video posted on his social media accounts, Sugarman revealed that he had discovered a lump on his neck and will need to undergo treatment soon. He added, I just need you guys to know that its already in the books that Im OK. Ive been OK, Im gonna be OK. The video also finds him offering various ways to help him out financially as he focuses on treatment and the recovery process. [13][14] The band supported Safe Is Just a Shadow with a two-week appearance on Warped Tour 2010,[15] and a supporting slot with Michigan-based nu metal band Taproot. Any upcoming releases or anything else from you guys we should know about? [5] However, they did record a demo, entitled "The Pop-Punk-Ska Years", in 2002, which would eventually be released in 2009. WebAbout. With Falling In Reverse, Underoath & Catch Your Breath: 07/08 Cedar Rapids, IA Alliant Energy PowerHouse 07/18 Oklahoma City, OK The Zoo Amphitheatre WebIce Nine Kills (sometimes stylized in all capital letters or abbreviated to INK, and formerly known as Ice Nine) is an American heavy metal band from Boston, Massachusetts, who are signed to Fearless Records. If not they just put out a really good song around a week ago called hunting season you guys should totally check out. . Ice Nine Kills guitarist Dan Sugarman has announced that he will be stepping away from the band's current tour due to a medical issue. 04-04 Ice Nine Kills' Hunting Season09-09 Ice Nine Kills' Rainy Day08-10 Ice Nine Kills Drop New Video07-10 New Ice Nine Kills Video05-17 Ice Nine Kills cover Stacy's M, Edit Band Information Edit Albums Add a Review Add an Album Add News, Similar Bands: Crown The Empire, The Devil Wears Prada, Motionless In White, We Came As Romans, Senses Fail. [10] Charnas then recruited former members of the Rochester NY based post-hardcore band Remember Tomorrow which had recently disbanded[11] and stopped playing rhythm guitar. Over the last several months we had been working towards bringing our brother and lead guitarist, Dan Sugarman, back on stage with us for the first time since post-COVID touring. [52] Justin DeBlieck was also not present on the first two tours of 2019 while he was producing the new Motionless in White album, Disguise. 07/12 Council Bluffs, IA Westfair Amphitheatre, 07/14 Cadott, WI Rock Fest Apart from the album charting in the top 30 of the Billboard Top 200, The Silver Scream was a turning point for Ice Nine Kills in not only their approach to songwriting, but how they began marketing their brand. We think weve got a decent scene here. I'm not saying whether the story is true or not. Theyve always worked so beautifully together, and I was really glad to see us continue to push the boundary of how much we could put those two worlds together. 'What is this? As he announced today, however, Dan is unable to join us due to his recent medical diagnosis. WebIce Nine Kills are to launch The Silver Scream Con, a horror convention celebrating all things dark and spooky for film fanatics and metal fans. I wanted my walls to be covered with really cool posters. In a recent episode of the PopCurse podcast, presented by Movieweb, the Massachusetts native went in-depth about his love for The Shining, Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece adaptation of Stephen King's novel about a writer's descent into madness. I remember being blown away by it. Ice Nine Kills are to launch The Silver Scream Con, a horror convention celebrating all things dark and spooky for film fanatics and metal fans. [16][bettersourceneeded] The band released a music video inspired by the film Inglourious Basterds for their song "The People Under the Stairs". [citation needed] The band performed on a headlining tour in the summer of 2011 as well as a performance at the Darien Lake NY stop of Warped Tour 2011 on the Dzambo Stage. more with The Shining than The Tonight Show. Time, of course, has proven that wrong. Ive never really been to a concert here and Ive never played one. Javier Bragado/Redferns. Jeds interests include a constant and reckless over-caffeination, irrationally spontaneous travel plans and maintaining an over-expensive (borderline hoarder) PC/retro gaming habit. 05/21 Toulouse, FRA Metronum Thats why horror and metal have always gone hand in hand, and it was really an interesting experience to put out [The Silver Scream] and see how well those two worlds worked together. The group originally pursued a style of ska-punk[3] influenced by alternative rock, ska, and pop punk,[75] but they have since shifted into a style which has been described as metalcore,[76][77][78] post-hardcore,[79][80] heavy metal,[81][82] melodic hardcore,[3] symphonic metal,[83] and horror punk. SC: I think with whatever I do with Ice Nine Kills, Ive approached it as what I would want as a fan. Ice Nine Kills is out on the road with Metallica for their world tour, as well as a headlining tour of their own. 06/14 Frankfurt, GER Batschkapp Spencer Charnas: It is an interesting story. SC: The idea of the app came from our management, and I was just blown away by the pitch and the ideas behind collaborating with TopFan. 40 years later, we are still talking about it, so clearly, they did something right. One of the most striking aspects is the idea of the environment as a character. Best known for its horror -inspired lyrics, Ice Nine Kills 05/28 Hamburg, GER Volkspark Stadion (feat. We are. The Silver Scream is the fifth studio album by the American heavy metal band Ice Nine Kills, released on October 5, 2018, by Fearless Records. High Vis Singer Graham Sayle Is Making Peace With Himself, Wednesday On Their Indie Rock Success And Latest LP Rat Saw God, Rest In Peace, Chef: MasterChef Australia Judge Jock Zonfrillo Dies At 46, American Idol Viewers Send Judges Message With Top 10 Live Vote, Celebrating 100 Years: Ralph Senensky, TV Director, Reaches The Century Mark, Jennifer Aniston Discusses LolaVies First Retail Partnership With Ulta Beauty: It Is A Huge Step, Singer Kelly Lang Reflects On Music, Battling Cancer & Her Friendship With Olivia Newton-John, Film Review: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. and Bad Wolves/God Forbid guitarist Doc Coyle. WebExcited but concerned. WebIce nine kills makes me autism, sorry i cant hold still lol. However, whats most interesting is how fans and newcomers alike have immediately latched on to the bands pop-culture horror approach. I could see that. All rights reserved. I totally get the American Psycho connection and what not but I am hoping for a new original track. Ok so Im mainly the vocalist and my band mates are struggling at the moment with personal stuff. The pop-culture horror aesthetics seem quite appealing to the Ice Nine Kills fan base. Label [3], Ice Nine Kills was founded in 2000 under the name "Ice Nine" by high school friends Spencer Charnas and Jeremy Schwartz, before later recruiting drummer Grant Newsted in 2003 and swapped out their then-bassist (Patrick Morse) for Hobie Boeschenstein in 2004,[4] but changed their name to Ice Nine Kills just before releasing their debut independent album Last Chance to Make Amends on April 20, 2006. [21], On April 26, 2013, the band released a stand-alone single called "The Product of Hate", the song was released as a fundraising way to help the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. As with other styles blending metal and hardcore, such as crust punk and grindcore, metalcore is noted for its use of breakdowns, slow, intense passages conducive to moshing. 05/13 Stuttgart, GER LKA Longhorn ", "Ice Nine Kills To Release 'The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood' In October", "Let The Silver Scream 2 Song Inspiration Speculation Begin", "Ice Nine Kills drop 'Child's Play'-inspired "Assault & Batteries", "Ice Nine Kills Premiere 'Resident Evil'-Inspired "Rainy Day" Music Video", "Ice Nine Kills Release 'Pet Sematary'-Inspired 'Funeral Derangements', "Ice Nine Kills Have a Gory Valentine's Day in 'Take Your Pick' Music Video", "Ice Nine Kills unleash brutal, My Bloody Valentine-inspired new video for Take Your Pick", "Ice Nine Kills drop new song Hunting Season from The Fall Of Troi for PUBG: New State", "Ice Nine Kills - The Predator Becomes the Prey (album review)", "Ice Nine Kills Have Announced A Massive Tour Of Europe + The UK", "Watch Ice Nine Kills' Hour-Long 'The Silver Scream' Record Release Show", "Ice Nine Kills channel The Crow movie in "A Grave Mistake" cinematic video: Watch", "Ice Nine Kills Singer Spencer Charnas on the Moment in His Teens That Made Him Want To Become A Musician", "Album Review: Ice Nine Kills The Silver Scream", "Ice Nine Kills Announce Band-Curated Horror Convention", "Ice Nine Kills Plays Webster - Hartford Courant", "We Chat To Ice Nine Kills On Their First UK Tour | Interview", "Ice Nine Kills The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood", "Album Review - Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood", "B-Mac Album Review: Ice Nine Kills The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood", "Spencer Charnas on what drives Ice Nine Kills to new heightsinterview", "Ice Nine Kills The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood (Album Review)", "Ice Nine Kills - The Silver Scream 2: Welcome To Horrorwood", "Former Ice Nine Kills bassist Shane Bisnett dies at 31", "Ex-Ice Nine Kills Bassist Shane Bisnett Dies at 31", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ice_Nine_Kills&oldid=1152038837, Metalcore musical groups from Massachusetts, Heavy metal musical groups from Massachusetts, Pages using infobox musical artist with associated acts, Articles lacking reliable references from August 2014, Articles with unsourced statements from August 2014, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Ricky Armellino rhythm guitar, backing vocals, keyboards, programming, Joe Occhiuti bass, keyboards, backing vocals, Dan Sugarman lead guitar, backing vocals, Chris Laplante lead guitar, backing vocals, Chris Kelly lead guitar, backing vocals, Andrew Justin Smith bass, backing vocals, Hobie Boeschenstein bass, backing vocals, Jeremy Schwartz co-lead vocals, lead guitar, Justin "JD" DeBlieck co-lead vocals, lead guitar, keyboards, programming, This page was last edited on 27 April 2023, at 19:55.