AWESOME - this is one of my favorite transformations! You're an angel! The el-cheapo stud finder that uses a magnet to locate nails works for finding hidden screws. They typically have some sort of bracket and screws on the back that will hold the 2 pieces together. Great job in the transformation! I think it is because of both the hutch and the walls being brown. Thanks again! Thanks again. Great job! He took off all the doors, cut down the side trim, took apart the glass shelves and cleaned up the inside (it was full of random nails, cords and a light). It really does make your room so much more spacious, and I love that it's not quite so busy. Also, what happens when I fall in love with a fabric that is lining a bread basket at a church function? BUTthe end result is better than we expected! This automatically made it look more in style. I bet you want to kick yourself for not doing it sooner :)It looks fantastic! I suspect there are screws underneath a thinner "floor" board in the bottom of the hutch top which go through a thicker hutch floor and then through the substantial wood top of the hutch bottom. Sitting there, collecting dust and more and more promises that they will one day, get worked on. Sign up to be entered to win a $2,500 Gift Card! it looks stunning! Work outside if at all possible. So perhaps you are in the position of dismantling a cabinet hutch, either to move or to repurpose it. Carrie's work has been featured at HGTV, The Huffington Post, Hometalk, Annie Sloan, Country Chic Paint, Redbook, General Finishes and has been published in BH&G Magazine. Fabulous, Sarah! The contrast between the before and after are ALWAYS so stunning! :) And I love your lamps and I'm heading to Dollar Tree - thanks!! I went through and really edited which pieces I wanted to display. If you are going to transfer the dishes or hutch items to another cabinet, have the space ready to go. The base is gorgeous and you're right, I would have never picked up those beautiful curves with the hutch overpowering the piece.Awesome idea!Donna. For example, our pieces are called sideboards. Use gentle wiping motions instead. love it so much! I know what I'll be doing this weekend. LOOOOVE the new look! So I guess it turns out I don't like hutches either :)gorgeous! but removing the top and creating that wonderful buffet-scape (my new word)orgasmic! on: function(evt, cb) { Let dry. Paint and poly. It only took me five years, but I got my dream of a buffet in the dining room. Puffy Heart this too!!!!! That chunky mirror project is perfect for the cast off mirror I have in my garage. This will help your living room or entertainment area appear less cluttered. I don't want to get the Sawsall out just yet. I knew I could chunk it up, so off to Home Depot I went. But my bushes arent cooperating this week, so I went with plan B. I got this humongous faux greenery from Hobby Lobby for $15 on sale: And took my beautiful Pottery Barn footed bowl: And just started cutting and sticking the pieces all over in the foam till I was happy with the poof factor: I loved how it was turning out, but I knew the buffet needed one thing a dining room isnt complete without candlelight. What a deal. Broyhill Brasilia Brutalist Mid Century Walnut Buffet and Hutch $4,595.00 Free shipping SPONSORED Harold Schwartz for Romweber Mid Century Burlwood and Brass Buffet and Hutch $10,595.00 Free shipping SPONSORED Antique Empire Style Tiger Oak Buffet $450.00 Local Pickup or Best Offer 38 watching Beautiful Jacobean antique oak sideboard/buffet I went to the local Dollar Tree and got supplies for these beautiful DIY candleholders. They furnished their open concept dining space with our Colby Table to create the perfect place to share some memories. Big. I love hutchesbut that makes me REEEALLY LOVE the look of a buffet! to disassemble the upper section that you will use. Most of the time, you can find these for dirt cheap and even . I kept hearing "Donkey"'s voice in my head (from Shrek) during this post and that made it extra fun. Let me know in the comments below and let me encourage you to get to them this coming weekend! Do you know if a place can cut my mirror for me? Remove the Hardware Starting off I always recommend removing the hardware, whether you plan to upgrade the hardware or not you still remove it. It is soooo much better!! I absolutely love the open look of these shelves now. Oh, and this is beautiful. Beautiful! And finally, the after I wanted from the start! Remove the shelves and lower doors (use a pencil to label each door to make rehanging them easier). I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be but if you could clear that up for me, I'd really appreciate it! My husband is going to be really bummed that I read this post. Consider the new breed of neighborhood with a communal bent, Crumbling stone walls and wood from former tobacco barns creates a stunning new home amid rolling Kentucky farmland, Crisp contrasts and clever interpretations are updating the home-on-the-range style, Just because you rent doesn't mean ecofriendly living is beyond reach. lol Ours is coffee bean. It hurt just a little when I checked out. outstanding changes! How is that coming along? In this case, you will need to: Honestly, this can sometimes be the most annoying part of the project. stands.
I am absolutely loving everything you did with this room! Think about it: You wash them because, like the good china, it's dusty since it hasn't been used for a while, then you remove the food from a pot or mixing bowl and pour it into the serving bowl and now you have 2 things to wash, dry and put away. I have been an avid reader of your blog for awhile now and like it so much! 4. I love this!! Log in. Layer towels over them if you stack them off to the side. Where did you purchase your set? Wow amazing greenhouse ideas | #greenhousemysteries <== great cheap greenhouse ideas ==>, 5 Tips For Styling Cabinet Shelves - Liz Marie Blog. I love that mirror. } With the exception of the plastic plant. I did not want a hutch. Wipe it down, lightly sand, and tape off the glass. may add a monogram to them? I am a lover of hutches, but I have to say that in your room the buffet is perfect!! I would like to try this mirror project, it looks so great. By removing the items from the cabinet, you will be ready for action. Cost: about $20 per half gallon Tip: DCM is The Paint Solvent Best Left Alone The mirror is now a chunkilicous 31 by 43 inches. Pretend you didn't re-do the dining room and post about it and I never even knew it was in the works. The question is, how? What are you going to do with the hutch part? mm mmm.I'd leave the boxes on the walls empty i think, the buffet makes such a wonderful statement as is. That had to be taken into consideration when planning how to repurpose this old hutch top. Hutches can often be very heavy. I love what you did, by the way, Don-kay! So what did you do with the hutch top? This can make it much easier to style a sideboard along your empty wall. You know what I did this morningI ran to dollar tree to make those candleholders!!! We created a lifetime warranty so you can relax and enjoy your piece all the way to the next generation. Stair treads different color than floor plus trim and banister help! I'm sooo running to Dollar Tree first chance I get!!! And then I take that beautifullerest napkin, before they know what's going on! It is gorgeous. What kind of compulsive madman built this thing? I wanted something substantial sitting in the middle of the buffet and I REALLY wanted a bouquet of beautiful, fat hydrangea blooms. You are so right, now the beautiful lines become a focal pointgreat decision! I love how the mirror frame brings out the pattern in your chairs. Headed to the Dollar Tree on my way home! Just because cabinet hutches are out of style at the moment, does not mean that their components are not useful. As alwayslove it!!! I made the EAT sign from letters that I got at Hobby Lobby and then modge podged them with paper. Rug, or no rug? Beautiful!
I already have a HUGE secretary in my DR, and this would just overwhelm the space. Finally, you want to add in some crafty pieces. Indem Sie auf Annehmen klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Buffet is fitted with 2 cabinets, each with paneled doors, 2 adjustable shelves and 3 drawers. Wear splash-proof goggles, long sleeves and pants, chemical-resistant gloves and a respirator with new organic vapor cartridges. Then run the outside corner knife along the edge to smooth the Spackle while at the same time creating a new smooth finished corner edge. It looks like you recovered them ~ they look great too in th after photo! I meant felt In In the first part. Each one is only $2 for one taper holder and a large glass piece for the top: I still havent glued the base on, so they are a little precarious at the moment. everything about this room! Thanks for the tip about the dollar tree. Who would have thunk it, well, I guess you. How to add wrapping paper to a buffet hutch, How to fill holes in wood with wood epoxy, How to add barn board to a hutch for that country chic look. Furnishing Tips is the ultimate resource for learning everything about furniture, and information when trying to find the right decor for your home. Love the lamps. I too prefer buffets to hutches, so I love this transformation! Making over a hutch top - Part 1 | Removing a glass panel from a hutch | Adding feet to furniture Kaytlin Toland 7K views 1 year ago ReStyling a China Hutch! Old Hutch Top Makeover - Flip It Upside Down! I am banging around on it, have located some screws but they don't seem long enough to be the things holding the two halves together. Simply prepare for the job by having the right tools and understand how the two pieces are put together. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I have been working on my dining room for a few months now and have been becoming impatient trying to find a mirror. Usually, the bottom storage area and the top display case are two separate pieces. Best Seller. I have a buffet too and I love it.