Through the trials of our lives our desire is tested in great fires, How will you come out? Here in Lev. For the fire to burn brightly, wood had to be found and cut and laid on the altar. <>>> The number one reason that people get cold on God is that they fail to spend time with Him. And in this passage of scripture we find Moses giving instructions to Aaron and the priests on how to handle the burnt offering. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!. Assembly Of God, GOD IS MOVING IN THESE LAST DAYS, IF HE IS TO MOVE THROUGH US WE MUST ALLOW THE FIRE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT TO BURN WITHIN US FIRST, THE FIRE OF THE LORD Let me ask a question: Do you think it is possible for a church member to get on fire for God, and stay on fire for God, and the pastor not know it? He has a plan for each one of you. Enter your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password. Hilarious Emmy Speeches From Tim Conway And Har Fighting Cowboy Has Johnny Carson In Stitches D Cher And Carol Burnett Sing A Medley Of Hits. Ashes had to be removed. We sing. I was looking up what fire means and Strongs concordance said that the word usage for fire was So, just that we care clear on this, we are the altar in which God dwells. God said in Proverbs 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: It is a scientific fact; as long as you keep adding wood to a fire, it will continue to burn. A. Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. It is more in the sense that you have that burning desire to serve God and to do everything you can to serve him and live for him. thing that sticks out in this passage, is how the priest handles the burnt offering. That it. Today though, we have no physical altar, but we ourselves are the altar. If you have ever suddenly and unwillingly joined the ranks of the unemployed, how did that feel? Noah Abram, Issac, Jacob Moses build altar ! It will begin a time of weakening and diminishing of your fervency and excitement. Denomination: Proverbs 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out Categories. Acquiring the Fire of God If we would transfer these everyday uses of fire to our spiritual lives, we would discover that the fire of the Holy Ghost does the same thing for our minds. Nah, dudes worked, and one job they had was to keep the fire on the altar of sacrifice at full blaze. All we have to do is submit to God and ask . At times we chose to turn away from God. So, lets take a look at the passage and then get into the meaning of it a bit more. And the fire must never go OUT ! The Lord wants to move his people forward, upward, onward. Romans 12:1 ESV read more, Scripture: b. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown. To live life with joy, we must cultivate its fruit in our lives by abiding in the Lord. It may be hard for some of you to imagine, but my Mom can be an outdoors lady. So, that is the first thing, but what about the second? People from all over town stood in the streets and watched the church as it burned. In these verses, Solomon makes an interesting observation. a place of where are sins are. But I am afraid, some have the same problem we see described in, and asked them, Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?, They answered, No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.. We have no literal altar, of course -- Praise Jesus! I believe that is the reason we are here, we recognize the need of fresh oil in our lives Faithlife Sermons is now Logos Sermons. And that is the point I want to focus on. But now, since you know God, or rather have become known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elements? Go not from the word till you can say as those disciples, Did not our hearts burn within us? Luke 24:32. Thomas Watson. Try, If The Preacher Is Dead, The Sermon Will Be Dead, Chasing The Dream, Preaching Greatness, And Knowing Your Audience. One reason that many Baptist never get on fire for God, is theyve never been set on fire BY God. Ive already told you what the passage was about and what it deals withthe burnt offering, and how the fire for the burnt offering must never go out. When the priest was cleaning them from the altar, while in the presence of the altar, the priest was wearing his "sanctifying clothes" but even after they are gathered and the priest takes them away from the altar he still cares for them in a special way. It has been my experience, that those in the church that maintain a healthy relationship with their pastor have a much easier time staying on fire for God. In a little town unknown to many there was a small church. Peter followed afar off in Mark 14:54 And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire. MATTHEW 3:11 12 The only way to combat sin is to burn it with the Holy Ghost fire. Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise the fruit of lips that confess his name. Nevertheless, Gods solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: The Lord knows those who are his, and, Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. Thesis: The fire on the altar of our hearts must be kept burning for the Lord. It will be impossible not difficult, not hard, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to stay on fire for God, and miss church! Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? I am fearful for you, that perhaps my labor for you has been wasted. Acts 2:1-21. The memories of the past sacrifices are not just cast off and done away with. Let it not only inform you, but inflame you. Don't Let The Fire Go Out The priest first changes back into his regular clothes, because the ceremonial garments are just for the altar and tabernacle. The priest shall then put on his linen clothes, with linen undergarments next to his body, and shall remove the ashes of the burnt offering that the fire has consumed on the altar and place them beside the altar. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.. 1. Foursquare. The local preacher drove up and noticed several people that he hadn't seen in a while. Children - Youth; Faith; Healing; Life; Marriage; Our Church. I know what Im talking about. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to Godthis is your spiritual act of worship. Do you want to be enslaved to them all over again? I heard a church member say, she wasnt coming back to the church because she couldnt see Jesus in the people. The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out. 4 Jun, 2019 Stay On Fire For God We Can't Let The Spirit's Fire Go Out Tags: Acts 2, baptism in the holy spirit, don't let the fire go out sermon, Holy Spirit fire, Leviticus 6:8-13, on fire for god If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, I encourage you to stay on fire for God. Intro. instruments for noble purposes made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good. If the fire go out on the altar we are only a form of what God wants ! a. 3. So, I guess thats the end of it, we can pack up and go home. I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, Leviticus 6:13 NIV read more, Scripture: Holy Spirit, Fire, Holy Spirit Baptism, Holy Spirit General, 52-week preaching calendar to help you plan your sermons, Customizable sermon manuscripts for verse-by-verse preaching, Preach with creativity and impact throughout the year, Help your church understand God's plan in pain, Call your people to experience a higher freedom, Proclaim the gospel to the ends of the earth. As Paul journey's to Rome on a Ship, many unusual perhaps unwanted things occur, a storm, a shipwreck and a snake. God brings the unwanted things into our life for His Purpose. read more, Scripture: 10:1-2. read more, Scripture: <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> 8. Well turn to someone and tell them that they are the Church ! You are watching Don't let the fire go out on Godtube.com the largest video sharing platform offering online Christian videos with faith-based, family friendly content. The fire needed to be kept burning because the fire was started by God Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. The priests were to take such care of this that each day they would gather wood to put on the alter to make sure that the fire kept burning. The first thing that they did was to build an altar ! The purpose of fire as we know it is used in several ways. I am convinced now more than ever that the world needs a church that is on fire. One night smoke and flames consumed this little church. If we truly believe that God orchestrated everything in the life of Paul, we must also believe that even the smallest detail is ordained by God. And you cant argue with me if youve never been a pastor. There is no incense without fire; no prayer without flame. E.M. Bounds. To purify You yet have purpose and fire inside. You need a solution to every instance of life. If you are in the squadron, you wont lose your desire to fight if you hang out with the sergeant. This talk of GETTING ON FIRE might scare or concern some people. While the building was burning, many of the town folk were standing around and watching it burn. I know tonight some of you are going through the greatest fire of your life, and its the kind that hurts, and the kind that makes you cry, And I know its going to sound crazy, but what you ought to be doing is praising These men didn't just sit around offering "thoughts and prayers" for the peeps. Receive email notifications when the latest James River Sermon has been posted. that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. 1 Peter 1:6-7, Isaiah 43:2, Denomination: When are people going to wake up and realize that just being a good moral person isnt going to get you to heaven? 56% of U.S. adults now say it is not necessary to believe in God to be moral and have good values, up from 49% who expressed this view in 2011. to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. On the day of Pentecost all the believers were meeting together in one place. The church is not slavishly following Christ, for He is ever loving and gentle and kind. And as the Temple of God, we are the residence of God through the Holy Spirit. The thing is some of us may have never heard of the Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost. The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out. It goes without saying that if you have no power, you are an easy target and a magnet for mess. by Pastor Donny Granberry That is what Paul is speaking about here the Galatians were excited to receive Jesus and had the fire to serve God. offering in order on it; and he shall burn on it the fat of the peace offerings. They are taken to a special place designated just for them and even though the offering is gone and a thing of the past, the memory of that offering remains and lingers. Evangelical/Non-Denominational, A. Romans 12:1-2 Luke 9:23. . Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. (Hebrews 10:23). After he has gathered up the ashes, the priest was then to change back out of the ceremonial clothes into his regular clothing and then the priest was to carry the ashes outside the camp to dispose of, to a place that was ceremonial clean and set apart. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown. Hebrews 13:15 That fire had to roar, lest the sacrificial smoke lazily waft through the camp toward the people. A Prayer to Reach out in Faith - Your Daily Prayer - April 13. of God in to our lives thus into our world, our cities, community ! read more, Scripture: How do we Get that Fire Back after we lost it? See there is a bunch of things that cause us to lose the fire when it comes to serving God. This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of Salem Media Group. Proverbs 26:20. Copyright 2023, GodTube.com. They were all THERE!!! Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, 6100 N 19th St Ozark, MO 65721 | (417) 581-5433 2023 James River Church | Privacy Policy. The Bible first mentions the word alter in Gen. 8:20, Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal. Lack of prayer, 3 0 obj See the Galatians were on fire when they first started the church and they were Excited to learn the teaching from Paul and had that desire to to teach it to everyone. 1.Why does the fire come? The pastor had been called and as he drove up Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. personal altar ! Well I submit to you this morning that members of the church dont come to the building to find Jesus members of the church should bring Jesus wherever they go. I'm sure it sometimes felt an unnecessary task to those ancient priests. Altar not only at church but in our lives ! And the fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it; it shall not be put, out. Acts 28:3 But when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and % 4. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. Baptist, Dan 3:2-30 Theres an old saying that goes Where there is smoke, theres fire. Well how do you want church tonight? Do you want it "No smoking" or do you want a sign that says "Caution: beware of flames?" You want to know why? And we are to offer ourselves as the sacrifice. I am fearful for you, that perhaps my labor for you has been Pentecostal. Don't let the fire go out - Sermon Videos. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. <> INCENSE: incense, smoke, odour of (burning) sacrifice, sweet smoke of sacrifice, QUOTE: Prayer ascends by fire. They are afraid of WILD FIRE. Latest Sermon. ), Romans 12:11 MSG Dr. S.M. We need to GET ON FIRE, AND STAY ON FIRE! A God-called pastor has a God-given fire shut up in his bones. Get on fire, and STAY ON FIRE! Don't Let Your Fire Go Out (Leviticus 6:12-13), Hebrews 11:29-12:2 -- Jesus Is Better #19 -- Jesus Makes People Of Faith, part 5, Season 4 | Ep. The fire continuously burning and the fire never going out. The man look the preacher up and down and sarcastically responded, thats because I hadnt seen this church on fire in a while! Introduction: As Paul journey's to Rome on a Ship, many unusual perhaps unwanted things occur, a storm, a shipwreck and a snake. God brings the unwanted things into our life for His Purpose. Our entire beings -- eyes, hands, ears, mouths -- were depraved (Romans 3:9-18). During the time of John the Baptist, his preaching was unto repentance. The fire on the altar of our hearts must be kept burning for the Lord. Flame gives prayer access as well as wings, acceptance as well as energy. A place were their is peace, joy full of glory ! When you got that pink slip, what was that like? First off what does it mean to be on fire for God? The fire of the Holy Ghost is the power of God in the believers life. The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the tabernacle of the Lord, where the ark of God was. Leviticus 9:23-24 NIV The Bible calls this strange fire in Lev. 9655 Apple Street Spring Valley, CA 91977 Tel: 619-741-0630 E-mail: office@fhcsd.net Get directions on the map . Sunday Worship. And we are going to find Moses paying special attention to the burnt offering and expressing his expectation for Aaron and the priests to also pay special attention. . Just like a Fire when it is not feed the flames slowly start to die and till it fizzles out. Time to shake off that snake. that the Church is the place, where they can come to meet God ! But we need be more concern with the neglect in the house of God of the, b. read more, Scripture: The person you consider needs to have equal or more power than you. Where is the Fire of the Holy Ghost Spirit of God in the chruch? But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. It is Holiness that what makes our sacrifice acceptable to God. Here are the 10 best hymns and songs for Lent. I baptise you with water for repentance. 1 2 3 4 5 Next . Then we see many times after this that the word altar is mentioned, But I want us to look at one tonight that I believe is what we need to, once again bring in the glory, the presence, the majesty and power. 3.What comes after the fire? Be inspired in your walk with Jesus Christ and grow in your knowledge of the Bible with videos highlighting inspirational messages and verses. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in Rather that Look to God. Ephesians 5:18 NIV . And I am not talking about the Old Testament altar of burnt offering, I am talking about our fire, our flame for God. Don't Let Your Fire Go Out (Leviticus 6:12-13) Nate Holdridge Download "The fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it; it shall not go out. And, just as they have a fire to offer sacrifices in the Old Testament we have a fire meant for us and that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, or what Nazarenes call Entire Sanctification. This tells me that the fire is vitally important. Daniel 3:27, Denomination: As priests of God, we can never let the fire go out in our churches. God can do all things ! Many of our vacations were camping, hunting, and fishing. 6:8-14 Pentecost: When the Holy Spirit comes, He fires us from past traditions, old exclusivism, and tepid temperatures,and gives us passion for the future. endobj Then you will be able to test and approve what Gods will ishis good, pleasing and perfect will. I have watched people get sideways with the pastor, get critical, and withdraw from their pastor. Jesus is our High Priest, but God also made us priests. * (Or: in the Holy Spirit and in fire). Text: Lev. Copyright 2003-2023 | Outreach, Inc., All rights reserved. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I amso much greater that I'm not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. I'm sure at various places and times it was more difficult to obtain enough wood to keep that old altar's fire burning bright. 1 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. One night the church building caught fire and burned down. Romans 12:11 NIV Have their needs met ! The husband is to be the same, one who emulates the love of Jesus Christ. We may have never been taught that the power and boldness to stand for God comes from the Holy Ghost. THROW SOME WOOD ON THE FIRE Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God. I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. This increase reflects the continued growth in the share of the And he is the Christ. A great message to remind us that it is our responsibility to continually seek after God. Our family has been outdoors people most all of my life. Has your fire burned out? Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God. forgiving ! (Gen. 3:24). Daniel 3: 19 25 & 29 I believe that we the church. Having trouble logging into your account?