But at the same time, you want her to maintain her passion for gymnastics. While the JO Program has 10 gymnastics levels, the Xcel Program only has 5. December 14, 2017, 5:49 pm, Sunset Siliver But, Im working as hard as I can. Hi! They do excel too. Pull over, Kip, cast back hip circle (cast must be horizontal), cast squat on, 3 tap swings to a tap swing dismount or flyaway, you can do long hand kip to cast back hip-circle under swing with 3 taps to tap dismount. I want to start doing xcel, probably in either bronze or silver. I am so confused right now, my daughter just turned 5 and she was invited to JO level 2. All of the Xcel divisions have optional rules. front pike on floor (I need help on getting the height instead of flipping out) October 30, 2020, 12:05 pm. That skill could be a cast, or it could be a circling skill that finishes in clear support. I know you can in level 5. In other words, by the end of her first year in broNze she has actually completed all of the silver skills as well. The gymnast is allowed to, since the xcel levels allow you to have your own routines, but you are not required to and coaches likely will not give your daughter those routines unless it it is requested by you. The current Xcel Gold bars requirements are: Skill finishing in clear support AT (or above) horizontal 360 circling skill 2nd 360 circling skill (same or different from the first one) Dismount - high bar At Xcel Gold, the gymnast must perform at least 6 "A" Value Parts, which are each worth 0.10 off the Start Value. Diamond gymnast August 12, 2017, 2:17 am, Could you do a front toss for a tumbling pass, Hi what are some passes without a backhandspring, Front tuck, aerial, front handspring, front handspring front tuck, round off back tuck, etc. She would get deduction for the fall but wouldnt she get points for completing the other two skills. To compete gymnastics in the Xcel GoldDivision, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet these requirements,as stated in the Xcel Code of Points. Worksheet Is the Xcel Program Right for Me? Xcel gold is about equivalent to level 4 but mostly level 5, depending on the difficulty of the skills you do. Also need help with a high bar kip and if I would be allowed to compete a long hang pullover instead. In regards to the Xcel level requirements for composing the routines. September 23, 2020, 1:18 pm. Or you can do one salto without the extra flight skill. A couple months later BOTH of my feet had started to hurt doing Vault and Floor. An Xcel Gold floor routine also has 4 Special Requirements. It can be frustrating for girls who do harder skills, but it seems a good preparation for optionals too. the difference between optional and compulsory, GymnasticsHQs Skill Progression Checklists, Major Changes to the Gymnastics Development Program 2022-2026. The Xcel Program is a national USA Gymnastics program of gymnastics levels that runs alongside the Development Program, formerly the Junior Olympic (JO) program. Gold Beam Requirements Gold gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine: Minimum of 1/1 (360) turn on one foot Two different dance skills, can be isolated or in a series (ex. Similarly, gymnasts in the Xcel Program can practice skills required for national gymnastics competitions without aiming to reach the Olympics or the NCAA competition. or you can teach the gymnast that when she has a fall like this, she needs to repeat the skill and land it before she moves on with her routine, but this relies on her to remember what to do when still shaken up by a fall, and runs the risk of her falling a second time as well. Im going to be competing gold as a 16 year old and I am competing silver at 15 I know its sad but I started gymnastics when I was 13. What are the Differences Between the Xcel and the Junior Olympics (JO) Gymnastics Programs? where the extra security the dowel provides becomes advantageous. The gymnast does not need to perform a cast to a certain degree. Xcel Platinum = JO 6/7. For more detailed information on each event, check out the articles below: USA Gymnastics Xcel Code of Points, 2022-2026. You do NOT need a backword roll you can have one but you dont need one. Im teaching in Aruba. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'thegymnasticsguide_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_6',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');An Xcel Gold bar routine has 4 Special Requirements. . There isnt a specific comparison from the Xcel levels to the DP levels, however these are the rough comparisons of levels: In the Development Program, the first Optional level is level 6, which is comparable in skill level to the hardest division in the Xcel program, currently the Diamond division. do you know any good gymnastics camps in Louisiana? Is it possible to have to many non A skills there for getting a deduction for having bar skills beyond the xcel Gold level? Can I compete a front flyaway in Xcel Gold? They include: Bronze: which could be equated to a mix of Levels 1 and 2, Silver: which could be equated to a mix of Levels 2 and 3, Gold: which could be equated to a mix of Levels 4 and 5, Platinum: which could be equated to a mix of Levels 5 and 6, Diamond: which could be equated to a mix of Levels 6, 7 and 8. The vault is expected to be quick and dynamic, and to show a hip rise. Im going this summer and its so much fun!! Hi! Im competing a cartwheel and a backwalkover, but you only have to have a skill that passes through vertical and one other skill. *Please email Sarah Morris at taafstateoffice@gmail.com with any questions regarding background checks. The deductions listed above are there to separate vaults with good repulsion from vaults that do not have good repulsion. The program allows gymnasts to develop new skills and advance through the competitive levels with less intensity and less pressure to acquire a certain set of skills for each level. The Xcel program is a completely separate, alternate program. Or does it have to be something like a cartwheel, cartwheel or backwalkover. A dive roll is not considered a flight element. Now lets say she starts her BWO, gets to handstand, loses her balance and falls before she steps down. Want more from The Gymnastics Guide? I am gold level, So Im starting team again and I wanted to know if you were allowed to do a kip on bars? I do a backward roll and a backwalkover. Michelle McKelligan You can do clear hips in Xcel gold but not giants. Long story short that was an inconclusive result, and it was not right. music, savannah, did you do this is me? Some gyms like for gymnasts to wear grips once they start swinging on the high bar. Her coach is under the impression that it needs to have a different entry and my daughter is struggling with doing a second back hip Circle right after the first one without another cast, hi! And since high school gymnastics programs sometimes use similar rules as Xcel, it can be a way to prepare gymnasts to try out for a high school gymnastics team. Level 10 AA 34.00 IES 8.5 Level 9 AA 34.00 IES 9.00 Can you start wearing grips in xcel gold? I have done non competitive gymnastics since 3 and I always wanted to be on team but now I feel like I am not respected as an Xcel athlete. Or does the ROBT have to be around off back handspring back tuck? program (Level 10). Deadline to submit is the Monday following your State Championship. Thanks so much. Other gyms supplement their Development Program with the Xcel program. You do not need a Handstand, but is often used meet one of your criteria. Rebecca you are not too young the minimum age for diamond is 9. No! There is no undertime deduction. The Xcel Program was created as a national program in 2013; some states had a similar program knownas the Prep Optional program. So I recently had tryouts for my gyms xcel team. Thank you!! Does a dive roll qualify as a flight requirement for Gold? if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-leader-2','ezslot_14',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-leader-2-0');All mounts are considered As unless they have a higher value in the Xcel Code of Points. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 GymnasticsHQ. cast Also, all the levels in the Xcel Program are optional, while only levels 8-10 are optional in the JO Program. The routine we used last season was glide swing, pullover, cast, back hip circle, squat on, tap swing, tap swing, flyaway. And can I do a leap that reaches 120 degrees and a flutter jump or do I still have to do 2 jumps, My daughter is a gold level this year but there is some confusion about bars. Here are the clarifications for Xcel Gold bars. Casts in an Xcel Gol bar routine are not subject to angle deductions like the DP program. 2 questions on excel gold can a spot be used on the floor for front tuck and can a backwards roll be done as an acro skill on the bean along with an cartwheel. XCEL VAULT VAULT Bronze Silver XB Option 1: 9.0 SV XS Option 1: 10.0 SV Stretch Jump to Mat 4.5 SV Front Handspring Handspring or Yami Kick HS Fall Flatback 4.5 SV - Over sideways mat stack - twist Repulsion twist Repulsion-hands placed on board - Sting mat may be placed twist on twist twist on twist or on mat on landing mat only RO-FF on Repulsion No score needed. This is consistent through all of the Xcel divisions. You get awards by age division, so it doesnt matter. They can compete without mastering all the required skills, but their marks will be deducted for each requirement that they fail to meet. Is your first name talia because I know a talia that had got treated badly at excel then left at level six, and I am wondering if you are her? The hardest level in the Xcel Program (Diamond) could be compared to the first optional level in the JO Program (Level 6). Thanks for your help! And if you do how much of a deduction is is? September 1, 2018, 12:11 pm. My daughter wants to go to USAG so bad. am i able to do a switch leg leap for my leap pass on floor. In Excel gold gymnastics is there specific floor musics for goldor can you choose any music you want? 1. pull-over You do not need a front and back pass in xcel. You can do a roundoff two back handsprings but your second pass cant be a single acro skill that isnt a salto/aerial. For a bar routine could you do: I am competing xcel gold this year. can you compete a roundoff back handspring for 1 pass and a front tuck for the next? With higher scores your gymnast may feel better and be more motivated to stick with the sport. You do NOT need a back tuck. I am in Gold, and I have been having mental blocks with my round off backhandspring, and my back tuck, can a do something more simple then those or are those my only opinions? With the training she received and her dedication in attending every open gym; she came back mastering her Level 5 and Level 6. Are each of the above considered A level and, if so, are we getting a deduction for having an extra A level skill? i was wondering if you have to compete a round-off-back-hand-spring in one of the tumbling passes or if there is alternatives. Could I do a round off double backhand spring and then a front handspring, or would I have to do either a front tuck, back tuck, or ariel in one of the passes? Are the requirements above correct? No, it doesnt specify that a roundoff back handspring is a required element. Her favorites were LSU, Bama and Auburn; and of course Florida. clear/free hip (need help with wrist shifting and connecting a kip out of it) Hi! You dont need a front tuck afterword. Also is a beat jump aloud in my jump series? Im gold and I do a kip cast above horizontal back hip circle cast above horizontal monkey giant jump to high bar 3 tap swings and a fly away. Thanks for your help! A roundoff is not considered an acro skill, so you will have to add a back tuck to the end of your roundoff bhs. The Special Requirements for Xcel Gold are: Each division has difficulty restrictions specific to that division. The only exception is that if the gymnast performs a cast within 10 of the horizontal requirement, the requirement will be awarded with a 0.10 amplitude deduction. And can I do cartwheel and handstand for beam? Platinum National - 11 hours or less per week. Actually you dont have to. ONE must pass through verticalso if your handstand isnt vertical, but you do a FWO, BWO or CW, you are cleared. I keep freezing up for the front tuck . Is that just recteational? For Xcel Gold Bars, what are the allowable 6A skills? The deductions are the same for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond vault. squat-on You would have to do a round off back handspring back tuck, but there are some other things you could do if necessary. can i pick any floor music for gold level, Yes but it has to be at least and at most 1 minute long. are you allowed to do a round off round off front handspring as your minimum of two directly connected acro skills, both must have flight skill? But I want to do an Excel program and then switch back over to J.O. 1. Thanks for reading!! My daughter is an Xcel Gold gymnast. The Xcel program has five competitive levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum . Thank you for sharing this great internet site. Hi im Kae im 11 im in xcel gold. There are many different age groups at this level, so youll fit right in. Im going to send you an email now about your bundle purchase. If you are a gymnast joining the competitive team I highly recommend joining the J.O. This allows for more lenient marking and higher marks. This scenario nets her a .5 fall deduction (max score possible now 9.5). would be a better long term strategy, in our opinion. I also wanted to know if your could do fly aways or is that Platinum? The EIC Sustainable Event Standards are specific standards for environmental and social responsibility within the events industry. 6. The program has five gymnastics levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond, each with their optional rules for competition. The Special Requirements for Xcel Gold are: A skill finishing in clear support at horizontal 360 circling skill (not mount or dismount) 2nd 360 circling skill, same or different from #2 (not mount or dismount) Yes a backwards roll can work as an acro for gold but it has to go all the way up not just out. There are Gold gymnasts at my gym that are 9, 10, 12, 14, and 16! Plus you could get a lot more New Gold skills if you took the time to go through silver. Is cast handstand an A value skill? There are advantages and disadvantages to both programs, and some gyms choose to compete in it, while others dont. If youre looking for a pair of grips, here is a guide to choosing grips for your gymnast. My daughter is still working to get her kip. Hi I just ordered the bundle of chart progressions -they look like a great resource! My daughter is only 5 but wish ready to start competing. Each gym and coach uses the Xcel program in their own way, and the program offers the flexibility to do so. The Xcel Gymnastics Program: A Complete Guide, The Xcel Gymnastics Program is a gymnastics system created in 2003 by the, Similarly, gymnasts in the Xcel Program can practice skills required for national gymnastics competitions without aiming to reach the Olympics or the, Here's an example of a bar routine that meets these requirements: Jump to Front support > Cast >.