I went with 1.30 mm (16) gauge Wilson NXT at 52 pounds (23.59 kg) for the crosses. Since the frame is quite soft and flexible, we definitely recommend a poly string! Wilson, Trying to compare the Wilson Clash, Blade, and Ultra tennis rackets? The flipside, I think, is that the Clash DNA, which was more stiffness when hitting hard and plusher when hitting with touch, is kind of lost in this generation. Not sure what caused this, will ask for a refund. 2022 Candidate Endorsements. Players who want respectable spin and power, but demand comfort should absolutely consider it, and I thought the hybrid string setup I chose was an excellent pair for this group. I cover a lot in this video, so if youd like to skip around to sections that are most relevant for you, check out the timestamps below. Intermediate to advanced players might love the feel of the Wilson Clash but have a desire less power, more control, and enhanced stability. Probably this will appeal to the more advanced players who didnt like the first generation for that reason. on the neck is the imprint 110 si . CLASH 100UL V2.0 . If youre new to stringing the Wilson Clash, its good to know that the recommended tension range is 47 57 pounds (21-26kg). Luxilon ALU Power is a stiffer polyester tennis string thats durable and well-known for its excellent spin potential. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Sold by JUST FOR FUN!! You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Just so you know, TennisCompanion may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running. 5 Point Friday It sounds like a lofty goal from the sidelines. In my country I cannot try them, so your opinion would be of great help. Combined with the racquets updated construction at the tip of the hoop, the second generation feels more reliable than the first. in. One of the big aims with the Clash range was to make rackets that could combine flexibility and stability, which is no easy thing to do. Primeiro Jujutoys, envio rpido e super bem embalada ainda na embalagem de fabrica da wilson, um prazer receber a raquete assim. You have a machine, can you please tell me the swing weight of the 108 v2. Any members using the Clash 100 have any string recommendations? The strings wed recommend in this category are Luxilon ALU Poweror Luxilon 4Gand Wilson NXT Controlas a control-oriented nylon option. What we found was a racket thats not only enjoyable to play with, but one that also offers plenty in the way of performance. I used the luxilon smart and power but I didnt like it. Learn more. My shots tracked accurately, and I consistently hit my spots, which helped instill confidence at the net. 5 Point Friday It is listed as having gone up from 312 to 326, strung, but the balance and weight is the same. Main String Skips: Throat: 7,9 | Head: 7,9. Question for Racquet Pro: How do you request the free stringing upon placing your order? Disclosure: Wilson gave me this frame to evaluate, but they did not pay me to write this review or influence its contents. When youre up against a big server this makes things a little bit difficult, but for the most part, its not a big issue. The Wilson Ultra 100 V3 is for club players around NTRP 3.0-4.0 who likes to rally from the baseline and enjoys a fast-paced, easy-swinging racquet with a good-sized sweet spot. M Ive been quite happy with it generally but then again I dont have much experience with other rackets. LBLB, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability, Updated other options based on this selection. Wilson Tennis Racquet Strings, Wilson Tennis Racquet Covers, Wilson 8 US Tennis & Racquet Sport Shoes, Wilson Tennis & Racquet Sports Goods . I found excellent precision with the frame and felt once again that the updated 1620 string pattern led to an improvement here. That means you must decide which strings go up and down as well as which strings go side to side in your racket. CLASH 100 V2.0. Over priced, weight difference is not much more than normal Clash 100, but greater power, Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2022, loved the control and power versus the normal Clash 100, Badly strung, poor quality strings, cut immediately, worst thing they scratched to string it, Reviewed in the United States on March 23, 2023, Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2023. Wilson clash 100 string recommendation. Hi! A raquete mais pesada e mais rgida que a verso 100, ainda mantendo o flex revolucionrio. List prices may not necessarily reflect the product's prevailing market price. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'tennisnerd_net-medrectangle-3','ezslot_5',144,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tennisnerd_net-medrectangle-3-0'); From the strong reactions of my Instagram post, it seems like people love the color-shifting cherry red paint job. For this play-test I tried it with Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 and Mayami Tour Hex 1.23 at 55 lbs or 25 kg. Wilson Clash 100 V2 After trying several demo racquets this was the best match for replacing my 11 oz. Learn more. Your email address will not be published. Paid for with regulated funds by the Michigan Auto Law - Auto Accident Attorneys Committee, 30101 Northwestern Highway . If you fall into that category, then the Pro (previously called the Tour) is a great option. Much like its lighter brother, the Clash 100 Pro's easy power was immediately evident. Join the conversation with other members of the community. I felt like I had plenty of pop for those big booming first serves but plenty of spin and control for the second serve. Mar 16, 2023 However, for those players whose games suit this weight of racket, you cant ask for much more. 4.0-4.5 club level player on my early 30s. But those who gravitate towards the Clash 100 V2 for comfort may want to consider a hybrid setup. We're on a mission to help people all over the world improve their tennis and enhance their love for the wonderful game. I'm a 65 yo 4.0 currently playing with the new Pure Aero and RPM Blast 17g @52lbs Traffic Hall of Fame Feb 13, 2019 #2 The Pro-Staff was too stiff for me and Im not sure how heavy the Blade 98 v8 feels even though the Clash is heavier. However, it does come at a small cost, which is a bit less spin, and a slightly less forgiving feel. I love to serve with the V1 but I didnt try it with the V2I will today! Ill also provide my take on whether you should spend your money upgrading for existing first-generation users. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Id be inclined to add a few grams of weight at 10 and 2 oclock on the racquets head, a simple customization that could go a long way. The Clash 100 Pro v2 offers best-in-class flexibility and stability for a feeling unmatched on the marketplace. Like all my racquet reviews, I evaluated the Wilson Clash 100 Pro across a set of twelve different performance criteria. Wilson quotes the racquet weighs in at 10.4 ounces or 295g unstrung, but some variance is typical as you can see, the frame that I purchased for the playtest is just shy of 10.3 ounces or 291 grams. For serves, I thought the Wilson Clash was well-balanced. Should you buy sets or reels? At 11 ounces strung and boasting a low 312-RDC swingweight, this stick is ideal for the intermediate player who wants ultra easy acceleration. You receive tracking links and a 1-hour time slot for your delivery. 2:20: Free Flex The Wilson Clash is also a safe bet for players who are new to tennis and not exactly sure where to start with their first racquet. We'll be comparing them across the most important aspects of the game: Power, Spin Potential, Comfort and Feel, Control and Durability. I still think it's quite lively, so although it's an improvement, it would have been interesting if the 100 Pro was an 1820 for example. However, the Wilson Clash 100 goes a long way to achieving this aim and the result is a very unique racket. We dont share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we dont sell your information to others. However, I would have loved to see Wilson print the grip size directly on the cap, so players dont have to hunt for it. Comfort strings are best for senior players who are more prone to arm injuries such as tennis elbow or for those that have experienced arm issues in the past. I have a semi-western forehand grip and rely heavily on topspin, but I still prefer the latest model because I think the gains outweigh the losses. For that reason, Id expect more players to adopt the frame, especially those who played competitively at a younger age and are looking to stick with the game but want to protect their arms. The racquet gains an extra cross string compared to the original model, which slightly stiffens up the string bed and flattens out the balls trajectory. Create a free account and explore my latest videos below. ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. Three Democrats are seeking to challenge him. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. If you are looking to ship somewhere else, or prefer a different language please select another version below. You should not rely solely on this content, and Amazon assumes no liability for inaccuracies. Learn all about the specs and technologies with helpful visuals, gain insight into my experience on how the racquet performs, and see the racquet in action during my on-court playtest. The selling point of the Clash line is strong. Wilson Tennis Racquet Strings, Wilson Tennis Racquet Covers, Wilson 2 US Tennis & Racquet Sport Shoes, It actually depends much more on your ability than how often you play. Ive hit with the Wilson Clash in the past briefly and was excited to finally spend some more quality time with the racquet as part of an official review and playtest, and I hope you enjoy what I had to share. I'm sure these racquets will be a big hit with many weekend warriors, but I still think it will be rare in the hands of advanced players. If you have any follow-up questions, please dont hesitate to post a comment. Weve been looking at getting our hands on the Wilson Clash 100 for a while now because weve been hearing excellent things. Main Differences: The Clash 100 has a lower strung weight ( 11.0oz vs 11.20oz ), a slightly lower swing weight ( 313 vs 323 ), a more head light balance ( 7 pts HL vs 4 pts HL ), a lower frame stiffness rating ( 57 vs 65 ), and a thicker beam width ( 24.5mm vs 20mm / 23mm / 21mm ). Check out our guide on how often to re-string here. 1:27: Swingweight Vertical Bending Vertical bending of racket frame increases ball dwell time on string bed for players with more modern, vertical swings. Help others learn more about this product by uploading a video! Be sure to check out some of our other content for more helpful tennis tips and tricks: Learn how Luxilon is working towards a more sustainable future with their new Eco Power strings Get to know the latest evolution of the Kaos Tennis Shoes--engineered for light agility and Meet the Pro Staff X:the new addition to the legendary Pro Staff franchise that offers Eco Power: The Next Chapter in Luxilons Commitment to the Everything You Need to Know About the New Kaos Tennis Shoes. Ultimately on serves, I think the newer model makes the right tradeoff for the players I expect will find this racquet appealing. Join the conversation with other members of the community. This frame itself elevates playability thanks to FORTYFIVE which comprises a patent-protected carbon construction that creates maximum flexibility and stability at impact for an uncompromising blend of power, control and feel. Heres a look at the specs for the Wilson Clash 100. Comfort: How much shock/vibration you feel in your arm at contact. However, this frame will be less likely to satisfy upper level intermediate to advanced players who demand more control, stability, and greater feedback. In this guide, I dive deep to review the Wilson Clash, put it through the paces on-court, and share my experience to help players learn more about the racquet and determine whether its a good fit. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Brand New Wilson Clash 100 V2 Unstrung Tennis Racquet 4 1/2 grip at the best online prices at eBay! The feel of this stick is quite unique, but the serve was one area where I particularly enjoyed how it played. The key elements you get with this Wilson Clash 100 are speed, comfort, and feel but at the same time, it doesnt lack for power, control, and spin. If youre happy with your existing Wilson Clash 100 Pro v1 and dont feel it lacks control, enjoy the open 1619 string pattern that helps maximize comfort and spin, and lends itself to a bit of extra power, then you may want to hold off on switching. The downside is also obvious: the flexible and muted response from the Clash line doesn't lend itself well to players looking for precision. A set of string can run anywhere from $4 to $40. Wilson Clash string setup and at what tension ericg Feb 13, 2019 1 2 3 Next E ericg Rookie Feb 13, 2019 #1 I plan on trying out the new Clash and was wondering what type of string and tension would go well with this racket. Ive been playing with a weighted up and extended Clash 100 Pro and experimenting a lot of other different rackets on the side. Of course, if comfort is a top priority, you might go with a full multifilament setup or a full poly setup for better durability and topspin. Torsional Bending Torsional bending features proprietary carbon mapping to stabilize frame flexibility on off-center hits.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'tennisnerd_net-banner-1','ezslot_6',151,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tennisnerd_net-banner-1-0'); Clash 98 Advanced players that can generate pace and like a flexible and spin-friendly response. The racquet also features an infrared Wilson logo on one side of the racquets throat and a silver Clash logo on the opposite side. Like the previous generation, the paint is velvety smooth to the touch and reminiscent of rubber. Historically, manufacturers drilled these grommet holes at an angle consistent with the arch of a frame. I guess Im a true tennisnerd as well. To see our price, add these items to your cart. The Wilson Clash 100 Pro v2 excels from the baseline with impressive power and reliable spin that results from the frames construction, midrange 100 in (645 cm) head size, and solid 10.9 oz (310 g) unstrung weight. The original model is a solid frame that will undoubtedly remain the superior option for some players, so you shouldnt feel like you need to take the plunge and spend the extra money. Its the only area of the court where I felt I could have used a bit of extra tension or a full poly setup to help reign in power slightly. I dont have the 108 here though anymore so I cant check, sadly. The swing weight (313) is ideal . Ill be looking for some Clash 98 V1s on discount. On returns, the Wilson Clash Pro 100 v2 offers a reliable performance that can withstand the pace of a heavy serve. My elbow says Great!, my confidence in my shots says Hmmmm. Wilson recommends stringing the Wilson Clash 100 Pro with Luxilon Alu Power and a suggested tension range between 50 60 lbs (22.68 27.22 kg). Be the first to hear about the latest products, sales and events from Wilson. In the grand scheme of things, the Wilson Clash is still a newcomer to the market in its first generation, so we havent seen much adoption on the ATP or WTA pro tours. The Wilson Clash appears to have cemented its place in the Wilson performance racquet lineup, so lets take a quick look at how it compares to a few of the other popular models. In the mains, I strung with 1.25 mm (16L) gauge Luxilon Alu Power at 50 pounds (22.68 kg). We are sorry. The Wilson Clash 100 V2 provides an excellent balance of spin, control, and power, with an easy swing weight and unique feel. It brings back some crispness to the SOFT response. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Fischer racquet (no longer available). Do you recommend any? Moving in the opposite direction, the Wilson Clash 100L is a half-ounce (15g) lighter than the standard model at 9.9 ounces or (280g). Perhaps the string life is extended slightly, but I would personally have preferred even more control. You want the racket to flex in certain directions to give you that cushioning effect, but you need the racket to stay strong in other ways to give you the stability to transfer power into the ball. Your email address will not be published. Funciona muito bem com a lux smart ou a lux element se tiver algum problema de brao. The Wilson Clash 100 is the flagship model and an ideal starting point for any player interested in this line of racquets, which Ill use as a basis for comparing the rest of the models. Wilson suggests stringing between 50 - 60 lbs (22.7 - 27.2 kg) for optimal performance, an ideal tension they arrived at after thoroughly testing the frame. Also, the Wilson Clash PRO 100 V2 is the best tennis racquet Ive ever played with. If possible, Id encourage you to demo the Wilson Clash to experience the frame and form your own opinions. I tend to prefer my older Clash 98 (from the Wilson Custom program) as it is slightly crisper. Its also not ideal for players looking for maximum free power and spin. You get power and spin in a comfortable racquet. Luxilon Alu Power is the polyester tennis string that Wilson recommends as a pair with the racquet along with a tension somewhere between 50 - 60 lbs (22.68 - 27.22 kg). The racquets low stiffness or RA rating of 55 is likely all youll need to get the comfort that youre after without giving up too much on the spin front. Amazon has encountered an error. Strong intermediate to advanced tennis players who demand comfort but dont want to give up too much power will be right at home with the Wilson Clash 100 Pros all-around performance. Opposite the Clash logo, youll find the Wilson logo wrapping the edge of the racquet along with the frames model and stiffness rating, which highlights their emphasis on its comfort. 11200, Takao BKWilson CLASH 100 V2.0 97 RFv11,WILSON CLASH 100 V2: WR074011U12CLASHCLASH . Like many families of tennis racquets these days, you have more than one option when it comes to the Wilson Clash. 4:21: Playtest Notes Previously, she used the Wilson Blade, but after demoing the Wilson Clash in December of 2018, quickly realized that it was the ideal frame for her and made the switch for 2019. For this model, Wilson reduces the head size to 98 square inches and increases the weight over the standard model by 0.2 ounces (6g) to help deliver lower power, better control, and extra stability. Super head-light for excellent control over the racket head, the Clash 100 Pro v2 dials up attractive design with an embossed Clash logo on the throat and an anodized elastic finish for a smooth, rich look on the court. Which strings? The Clash V2 racquets all played best to me with a thicker, control oriented poly strung above 50 lbs. Why is everyone saying its 100si ? The Wilson Clash 100 gives you access to plenty of power, spin, and control, all in a comfortable package. Grip Type: Wilson Pro Performance: String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses: Mains skip: 7T,9T,7H,9H: Two Pieces: No Shared Holes: String Tension: 50-60 pounds: Videos. If I had to pick one area where this racquet shines, this would be it. For starters, Id only encourage you to upgrade to the Wilson Clash 100 Pro v2 if you enjoyed the unique feel of the first version, which hasnt changed dramatically. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Share. Lets do a tennis string comparison, going into detail on which benefits are best for certain players, and finally, which strings we recommend trying for each of these: Power: How quickly the ball exits the string bed oncontact. Recommended String: Wilson is Luxilon Smart 125 for this Racquet precisely. 5:46: Returns. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Just so you know, TennisCompanion may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page to help keep this site running. A: Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. Share your list with your family and friends for any occasion, Quickly move list items to your bag when you're ready to checkout. Except for books, Amazon will display a List Price if the product was purchased by customers on Amazon or offered by other retailers at or above the List Price in at least the past 90 days. In-depth Resources I really liked pinging the return back with the Clash but it did lack a little bit of control for my liking. The best part of volleying with this racket was the ease with which I could put away the easy balls. Submit Review *Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. Its the same weight as the standard Wilson Clash 100, but the 1619 string pattern opens up even further for great topspin. Theres no doubt, the first generation of the Wilson Clash made for an exciting release, and its subsequent success among tennis players tells an even more compelling story. The Clash comes in your standard length of 27 inches and features a very reasonable 100 square inch head size with a 1619 string pattern. All in all, I think the racquet has broad appeal and is a safe recommendation for a wide range of players. Even the picture on the Wilson app shows 110si. If youre in the market for a new racquet and trying to decide whether the Wilson Clash is a good fit, then this video is for you. Tennis strings are made of natural gut, nylon (multifilament), or polyester (monofilament). The thicker the gauge, the more durability, and control, while the thinner the gauge, the more power and comfort. The net was one place where I wasnt quite so sure I gelled with the Clash 100. Wilson Clash 100 Racquet. On the other hand, I like the fact the newer generation doesnt bend/flex has much. In order to produce different benefits, tennis strings are made with a variety of materials and thicknesses. Why do you think that pro players havent been using this racket, and why have they been choosing the blade over the Clash? Control: How long the ball sits on the string bed at contact, also known as dwell time. Offering an innovative design that blends power and control to suit a wide range of players while delivering exceptional comfort, the Clash is a unique racquet thats found a deserved level of success in its first edition. Discover magazines for sports lovers, and outdoor enthusiasts. Its a well-rounded and user-friendly frame that would be excellent to learn the game. In the Clash, it has made the feel even softer in my experience. In-depth Resources Tack. It excels from the baseline allowing players who can swing it confidently to hit a commanding ball while retaining plenty of control in a comfortable package thats easy on your arm. Essa uma raquete headlight, ou seja, o equilbrio esta voltado para o lado do grip, o que faz a raquete ser mais lenta durante o swing. We hope you love this article. Spin: How many rotations per minute the strings generate on the ball at contact. -Length: 27.00 in. Its possible. Control strings are typically made of polyester and in some cases nylon. On groundstrokes, the Wilson Clash was fantastic, and the racquet delivered on the promise of a solid balance between control and power. Its no slump when it comes to power, but its not entirely on par with racquets like the Wilson Ultra, Babolat Pure Aero, or Drive, and I think thats perfectly fine. We save you time and money by doing the painful research process for you! The Wilson Clash 100 V2 provides an excellent balance of spin, control, and power, with an easy swing weight and unique feel. With that said, the more time I spend with the racquet, the better it gets at net, which I think is partly to feeling out the unique response of the racquet, so Im confident my feel here would continue to improve. Last but not least, the racquet comes with a black bumper guard and grommet setup and a black grip. One of the complaints of the Clash V1 racquets was the launch angle and the excessive string movement. What makes the Clash special is what lies under the hood. Although Im not typically a big fan of the color red, I think they nailed it with this update. Again, adding a few grams of extra weight to the upper hoop of the racquets head might be worth considering to give the frame a bit more mass to handle bigger serves. To keep the review as concise as possible, I wont dive into the specs, technical features, or alternative racquet you might want to consider. Primeiro Jujutoys, envio rpido e super bem embalada ainda na embalagem de fabrica da wilson, um prazer receber a raquete assim. While youre here, you may want to check out my reviews on the latest models, including the Wilson Clash 98 v2, Clash 100 v2, Clash 100 Pro v2, and Clash 108 v2. Last but not least, the Wilson Clash offers parallel drilling for select grommets throughout the frame. A raquete cansa mais do que as verses mais leves, jogadores mais iniciantes e alguns intermedirios dependendo da forca e estamina devem ficar nas verses 100 ou 100l. The ball really moves to deliver a level of power thats counterintuitive to its feel, and pairs nicely with the open 1619 string pattern for plenty of topspin without which would likely cause the power to be overbearing. Wilson Ultra 100 V3 Racquet Review - It's all about POWER. Amazing customer service and speedy shipping. If you still have questions, send us a direct message on Instagram, and wed be happy to help you out! Now what? Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout. Introducing Wilsons New Pro Staff X: Where Classic 2023 - Wilson Sporting Goods All rights reserved. Luxilon Alu Power is fantastic and one of my picks for the best, but its stiff, which can cause arm discomfort even within a high-comfort racquet like the Clash. In our opinion, and seemingly a lot of other peoples too, the Pure Strike is an unbelievable racket, so thats high praise indeed. 2023 Wilson Sporting Goods All rights reserved. (Clash 100 V2, 100 Pro V2, 98 V2). Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, https://www.wilson.com/en-us/help/warranty. Learn with comprehensive resources to help you improve your game. Its not inexpensive, and it will take 4-6 weeks for delivery, but its a fun option thats worth noting. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. For example, using a polyester string in the mains and a nylon string in the crosses will give you a mix of control, spin, power, and comfort, while using just nylon will keep your strings power and comfort-focused. Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt.