Of course, before this latest, and ongoing ammo drought that I believe will last for years to come 9mm ammo was a lot less expensive than the .40 S&W and .45 ACP. Keep in glove compartment. c/o P.O. I think that bothers me more. Amazing what a little ad budget will do for you. Bottom line about the American-made argument: I don't buy my products based on ideology, I buy on quality and economy (that's best price for the government-educated). I also had some Black Hills Ammunition 9mm 115-gr FMJ, 124-gr JHP and their 124-gr JHP +P and some of their HoneyBadger 100-gr all-copper solid +P load needless to say, the Black Hills ammo was used as little as possible. Are XD pistols really made in Croatia, and moreover, who makes them? The Springfield Armory XD is a series of semi-automatic pistols sold by Springfield Armory, Inc., in the United States along with follow-on variants: XD-M, XD-S, and XD-E. Polymer-framed and predominantly striker-fired, the series is manufactured by HS Produkt in Karlovac, Croatia. Springfield Armory, Inc., consistently uses a hyphen in the names of XD-series variants, such as XD-M, in published documents such as press releases. When I see made in Germany I think precision. That is patently false. [10] The .45 ACP XD-S has a 5+1 capacity (with optional 6+1 and 7+1 magazines) and a 3.3-inch (84mm) barrel. Both XD and XDM pistols are produced by Springfield armory, XD is the main model and XDM is a sub model. JWR is a journalist, technical writer, and novelist. I find nothing wrong with the "Made in the USA" mindset, but many countries in Europe and Asia have a rich history of arms making that pre-dates America. It was made by a Croatian company (I. M. Metal) and originally called the HS 2000. The guns themselves are fine, people mainly have an axe to grind with the company itself. The XD-S is made in Croatia by Springfield manufacturing partner HS Produkt, which is best known for developing that country's service pistol, the HS2000. Also nice to see. Ive found that a lot of extended capacity mags work better that way. A $3/month subscription. If you are in a situation where you have the muzzle of the gun pressed up against a bad buys body, the slide wont come out of battery and the gun can still be fired. Well, the Croation Sensation has bit the dust with the. [7] The XD-M series is also produced as compact pistols in .40 S&W, .45 ACP and 9mm with 3.8-inch (97mm) barrels. Both the guns have differences of features but have similar work. I'll let you know more on carry option later. The polymer frame has checkering in all the right places too, for a sure hold under any weather conditions. We also have the slide release on the left side of the frame, as well as the take-down lever, which is rotated up and instead of down, in order to remove the slide. Being an updated version, XDM is more expensive than XD. The redesigned and upgraded Mod.2 is slimmer with an enhanced ergonomic grip called the GripZone that gives shooters a more positive, non-slip comfortable grip. Too bad, I still believe the .40 S&W is a better stopper than the 9mm is. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. But in 2002, Springfield Armory, Inc., acquired the licensing rights to the HS2000. The .45's fiber optic front sight is easily acquired. For what it's worth, BATFE regulations require that the country of origin as well as the name of the importer (if applicable) be displayed conspicuously upon the weapon. I can highly recommend the XD 9 for duty or concealed carry. The XD is no longer produced in .40 S&W but you can probably find one if you do a search on the net. It now reaches more than 320,000 unique visitors weekly. Springfield Armory's XD series combat pistols have been popular in the US for nearly a decade. Heck even Chevys arent all 100% made in the USA. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Fixed and illuminated night sights. During my carry period with the XD, I only had just two malfunctions, and they were NOT related to the gun. His survivalist novel Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse, is a modern classic that reached #3 on the New York Times bestsellers list. Springfield Armory, Inc., is an American commercial firearms manufacturer and importer based in Geneseo, Illinois.Founded in 1974 by Bob Reese and family, the company produces rifles such as the M1A and imports handguns such as the XD series and Hellcat.The company is unrelated to the like-named former manufacturer of US military firearms in Massachusetts, Springfield Armory. Manufactured in the city of Karlovac, Croatia by HS Produkt (formerly I.M. You tell 'em I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me, you hear? Nov 29, 2011. Most people are missing my point. ", http://www.sarcoinc.com/1-20-04pgs_9-15.pdf#search='Croatian PHP MV9 pistol', http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1600/1627.htm. So what's the deal with that? Something most handguns dont have is a grip safety, just like those found on a good ol 1911 if you dont have a good grip on the gun, and have the safety depressed fully, the gun wont fire. This is a copy of an older Sarco add from Shotgun News that show the earlier, "There is no other subject on which the average mind is so much, I see it now. This model, at only 1 inch (25mm) wide and initially available only in .45 ACP, is specifically designed for concealed carry. The XD sub-compact was named "Pistol of the Year" by American Rifleman for 2003,[2][3] followed by the XD chambered in .45 ACP being named "Handgun of the Year" by both American Rifleman and the Shooting Industry Academy of Excellence for 2006.[4]. It was (and is) being made in Croatia, and when it was first marketed here in the USA, the importer just didnt quite market it in the right way. [20], The XD-S in 9mm was named "Handgun of the Year" by American Rifleman for 2013. The Springfield Armory XD is a series of semi-automatic pistols sold by Springfield Armory, Inc., in the United States along with follow-on variants: XD-M, XD-S, and XD-E. Polymer-framed and predominantly striker-fired, the series is manufactured by HS Produkt in Karlovac, Croatia. The first XD-M was chambered in .40 S&W with a 4.5-inch (110mm) barrel, holding 16 rounds in the magazine. On the slide, left side, "XD-40", on the top, "Springfield Armory, HS produkt Karlovac, Croatia", and on the right side, "XD, Springfield Armory, USA, serial number.". Apart from general sloppiness in manufacturing and spotty quality control, the XD has a number of design faults. Springfield Armory soon purchased the rights to market the HS2000 in the States. Anyone who is surprised that the XD line is made in Croatia needs to get out more. Why Springfield XD is bad? I think youll find as I did, that the XD 9 feels better in the hand than the Glock does and I love my Glocks! Not sure if others have noticed this or not. are fine guns. I can tell you this..there's a World difference between. In 2002, Springfield Armory, Inc., negotiated licensing rights to the United States market for the polymer-frame striker-fired HS2000 pistol being manufactured in Croatia by HS Produkt. We have the fiber optic front sight and white two-dot rear sight. The XDs is the new compact single-stack . You can both see it and feel this indicator so you know there is a round in the chamber when that is seen or felt. Most semiauto handguns will allow the barrel to come slightly out of battery, and you wont be able to fire simple as that. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content. You cant go wrong with itcheck one out soon! Their consensus confirms my own observations: for reliability and durability, the XD pistols are right up there with the other top name brand striker-fired pistols. There are slide serrations front and read, on both sides of the slide and they are deeply milled into the slide, for a sure grip. Welcome to the Forum Frankie from Texas! Using XD (eXtreme Duty) branding, Springfield Armory subsequently expanded the series to include ten models in three different calibers and five different cartridges, seven barrel lengths, and six finishes (black, black bi-tone, olive drab, olive drab bi-tone, flat dark earth, and flat dark earth bi-tone). Springfield Armory unveils its most recent model XD called the Springfield XD Mod.2. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. 1991 Writing about whatever interests me, and maybe you. The XD-S in 9mm was named Handgun of the Year by American Rifleman for 2013. Using XD (eXtreme Duty) branding, Springfield Armory subsequently expanded the series to include ten models in three different calibers and five different cartridges, seven barrel lengths, and six finishes (black, black bi-tone, olive drab, olive drab bi-tone, flat dark earth, and flat dark earth bi-tone). The parts are made in various places across the world including, but not limited to, Brazil (most notably for some 1911-style firearms), Hungary and at various locations in the U.S. Actually the Springfield XD is made in Croatia, so no not all of them are made in the United States, Brazil, or Hungary. A CNC machine tool works just as well in Croatia as in Austria. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Is the Springfield XD reliable? Not only Euro, but former Eastern Bloc. American emission standards are some of the strictest in the world. Heck, Springfield started out with the XD, then started importing completed 1911s from Brazil, and still imports some parts from there. Springfield Armory 1911s are largely, not exclusively, made in Brazil. Have over 1,200rds so far, qualified many times and still no jams.ever. Sorry to disappoint ya, but yes, ALL XD/m's are made in Croatia. I too find it strange they would remove the "Made in Croatia" marking; in fact, the "Made in XXXX" marking is required by law. Also noticed that the X-Treme Duty Gear holster that came with my XD package has Made In Israel stamped on the back of the holster. Springfield also required quality improvements and smallish design changes. Are XD pistols really made in Croatia, and moreover, who makes them? The Springfield Armory XD is a series of semi-automatic pistols sold by Springfield Armory, Inc., in the United States along with follow-on variants: XD-M, XD-S, and XD-E. [1] Polymer -framed and predominantly striker-fired, the series is manufactured by HS Produkt in Karlovac, Croatia . If I had the money, I'd be tempted to get one, for "history.". Both the guns have differences of features but have similar work. Most of the time, Im only firing about 100-rounds. So does a polymer mold. It is the same as the .45 ACP model, the only difference being that the 9mm XD-S has a 7+1 capacity (with optional 8+1 and 9+1 magazines) and is marginally heavier due to a smaller barrel bore. Metal), the Springfield Armory XDM is the marketing name for the firearm, which is licensed and sold in the United States by Springfield Armory, Inc.. Is the Springfield Armory XD-s the same as the 45 ACP? Conversely, when the disassembly lever is up, a magazine cannot be inserted into the pistol. EVERY version of all the various XD series have been and continue to be designed and made in Croatia and imported by Springfield. Springfield Armorys XD series combat pistols have been popular in the US for nearly a decade. I recently purchased an XD9SC and I love the way it shoots so far. I do not subsidize mediocrity for any reason. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Very strange indeed. A concealed-carry gun serves one purposeto save your life or the life of a loved one. Exploring History with the National Archives Special Media Division. Re-branding the handgun as the X-treme Duty 9x19mm Parabellum or the XD-9 the handgun began to catch the interest of the American market. He is also a retreat consultant specializing in off-grid living, rural relocation, and survival preparedness. Copyright 2021 - Croatia Week - All Right Reserved, Croatian Gun of the Year Pulled off the Market in America, Croatias World Cup stars welcomed in their hometowns across the country, Oujsko pivo 25 years behind the Croatian football team new contract and TV ad, Croatia rugby teams Makarska return special for coach Anthony Poa, Film premiere of Infinity Pool at Berlinale impresses audience, Josip Belui: The Croatian who invented the worlds first electric speedometer, Croatias fortress legacy: 7 sites you have to visit, Croatias stone-paved streets: A journey through time, My amazing Croatian discovery in the very south of Argentina. In the middle east (Where GM has a flourishing market) cars aren't even equipped with catalytic converters. A real shooter with aim. The XD was not developed by Springfield Armory. In the generation that I bought, the XD9 only came with one 16-round magazine. XDM has more desired features as it is the latest design of XD guns. Unrivaled Mac notes apps for fuss-free note-taking, 6 Actionable Tips for Improving Your Websites SEO, Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes. SA is only an importer who has the distribution rights in North America. In 2014, Springfield Armory unveiled the XD Mod.2, increasing their XD lineup to 33 offerings. The gun weighs in at 26-oz when unloaded with the 9-round mag, and it weighs 27-oz with the 13-rd mag with sleeve on it. check out the. Rebranded by Springfield Armory, it became known as the XD9. I liked it that much! and many of the Glocks and Hks are made here now although they are foreign based companies. Most of my guns were made outside this country except a few, Colt, S&W, Browning and Ruger. A couple of months ago I bought a Steoger Cougar .40 made in Turkey very nice gun. Polymer-framed and striker-fired, the series is manufactured by HS Produkt (formerly I.M.HS2000. The XD under review for this article is the original version, and it is simply called the XD 9 and it is chambered in 9mm Parabellum. Whether you are looking for a home defense weapon or need a new competition piece, definitely try out the XD(M). The barrel on the standard XD 9 is 4-inches long perfect for concealed carry in the right holster as well as open or duty carry, too. Since there are many new XD owners now in the XD talk forum I thought I again would post the pictures. Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent: http://springfield-armory.primediaou/SPstory11.php. When I see made in Germany I think precision. And now Croatia - Springfield Armory XD. A while back forum member Luger sent me two pictures of the XD factory in Croatia. I don't think they have ever made a secret of the Croatian origin of the XD, or anything else, but they don't heavily publicize the Brazilian manufacture of their 1911 stuff. Yep, the XD used to be called the HS2000 and sold for about $300 before the marketing department at sprinfield got their hands on it. Being an updated version, XDM is more expensive than XD. One built in Mexico and one in. The XDm is really just an improved XD (it has switchable backstraps and larger capacity magazines) and is available in full size, or compact size. Other than that, there were no other failures of any kind and I put thousands of rounds through that gun in two years. The High-Hand grip relief and Beavertail places your hand higher in the grip for more control when shooting. Here's some statistics. With a resurgence in the 10mm Auto cartridge, the Springfield Armory XD-M 10mm with 5.25-inch barrel is an excellent option to carry the 10mm. Sent it back and they put in a new extractor and polished the chamber which had deep tool marks. Five years ago Springfield Armory introduced its very popular XD line of pistols. When Springfield secured U.S. licensing . Moving down to the frame, you will see a single Picatinny rail that only has one cut one position for installing a light or laser. I have two XD's in 40 cal and they have been 100% reliable and very accurate, on the other hand I bought a S&W M&P 9mm that was a total nightmare. The Mechanix of Auto, Aviation, Militarypert near anything I feel relates to mechanical things, places, events or whatever I happen to like. A forum community dedicated to Springfield Armory XD and XD-M series firearm owners and enthusiasts. And I know the gun will do every better, I didnt want to waste too much ammo in my accuracy testing. Learn how your comment data is processed. Standard models: the .40 S&W chambering with 3.8-inch barrel has been discontinued. I always try and buy American and even pay more for some items but it just cannot always be done. Don't act so surprised. [12], In 2017, Springfield Armory added the XD-E, with the 'E' denoting that the variant uses an external hammer; operation is double action / single action (DA/SA). Why are you proud of it being made in Croatia? To my knowledge the XD's all come from Croatia? Read the rest in my column at the XD forums, Your email address will not be published. Check out all the features of the new . Its my daily carry gun shoots holes in the holes at 7 and 15 yards. As of March2020[update], the XD series has been offered in four branding variants (XD, XD-M, XD-S, XD-E), with XD and XD-S also offered in second generation (Mod.2) configurations. I thought everyone was aware that the XD product line is made in Croatia?? In January 2013, an XD-S chambered in 919mm Parabellum (9mm) was introduced. Their hottest seller these days is the Hellcat, and while not exactly an XD, you can see the family resemblance in the Hellcat. Back to the XD 9, the frame is black polymer, and the slide is black forged steel, as well as the barrel being forged. It isn't exactly a secret. The XD-S .45 ACP . The XD is the full size original. But it still does have Croatia on the SA stamp on the top of the slide. Hell's coming with me! I'm more likely to buy an eastern European gun than a western European one (Glock, Sig, Beretta). [6] The most noticeable differences from the original XD models are the interchangeable back-straps and match-grade barrel. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Truglo TFO Tritium Fiber Optic Springfield XD XDM XDS Green/Yellow TG131XTY at the best online prices at eBay! Guess I'm just old fashion. I don't buy organic products because they're environmentally friendly, nor do I buy because they're made in the USA. Proud some more of US dollars went to some other country, instead of staying here in America? The XDsc is the sub compact model of the XD and is smaller than the compact XDm. Like everyone else, Im really hit with the ammo shortages. I could have sworn when I had my xd45 it had that on it. Thats only $0.10/day for some of the finest Survival/Prepping content around! I don't get that feeling with made in Croatia. But I wouldn't bet the farm on anything. Springfield Armory was licensed to sell them in the US and changed the name to XD. As of March2020[update], for the XD series, the only offerings listed on the company's website are sub-compact (in 9mm and .40 S&W) and service models (in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP). In 2005 .45 GAP was added, and then in 2006 the XD-45 was unveiled in .45 ACP. They closely resemble their predecessor, the HS2000 series, known in the United States as the Springfield Armory XD. I carried an early-production XD chambered in .40 S&W for two full years. If Springfield Armory is what youre after, here are the best Springfield handguns for concealed carry. Hmmm, I didn't even realize this. - Flat-Pack is the ultimate. It's like having two cars. Limited-capacity magazines are available for states with a, Capacities in the below tables reflect magazine capacity "plus one", for a round in the. Posted on November 5, 2012 by laststandonzombieisland Leave a comment. My XD9 also has no mention of where it's really made, except for the stamp on top. Again, I carried the XD 40 for two full years. [19] The XDM Elite series, with further improvements designed for professional shooters such as a flared magwell, improved sights and increased capacity, continued the XD's rise in competitive popularity. And with that reasoning in mind, some defensive-minded people want to shoot a pea with as much stopping power as possible and the .45 ACP fits that bill nicely in the XD (M) "Compact" with a 3.8-inch barrel and a 9+1 capacity. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Identifying the Best Training, Tools, and Tactics for the Armed Civilian! The XD-45 Mod.2 has a 3.3-inch barrel, and it seems to work well, whereas the 9mm version only had a 3-inch barrel. [47], As of March2020[update], for the XD Mod.2 series, the only offerings listed on the company's website are sub-compact and service models, both in 9mm and .45 ACP. Made in Croatia, they were available only in 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG. Hell's coming with me! I certainly have no issues with that, just something I happened to notice. Profit is not supposed to be a dirty word. The Springfield XD was first known as the HS2000 and was/is manufactured by HS Produkt. What is a traditional Croatian breakfast? That's why me n the family have stayed alive since deer camp. Springfield Armory XD-S 4.0 Single Stack 45 ACP, Bi-Tone . [9] While sharing many features with the original XD and XD-M, the XD-S included a new pre-set trigger and a disassembly fail-safe, neither of which were available in XD or XD-M models. Why does my XD-40 from 7/05 not have anything on it about being made in Croatia? >>Long live the Croatian Sensation made by Croatians! Pistols are not aerospace engineering and Croatia is not the Third World in any event. The XDsc is the sub compact model of the XD and is smaller than the compact XDm. There is a full-time ambidextrous magazine release I like that a lot. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Agreed, the 9mm is a lot easier to shoot accurately, and faster. I just talked to a friend who said he found a new gun shop, and 9mm FMJ was selling for $55 per box! Both XD and XDM pistols are produced by Springfield armory, XD is the main model and XDM is a sub model. (it still is an American Design of course). We can't sell our cars outside of the country because they don't pass other nations minimum emissions tests or mpg requirements! Moyie Springs, Idaho 83845. [7], Reception for the Springfield Armory XD has been largely positive. The factory that makes the XD series is about 100 miles as the crow flies from where Austrian Glocks are made. Springfield Armory upgraded the front sight to a red fiber optic. Frankly, considering that the XD came from eastern Europe as well as the CZ product line, I'm encouraged by that success. Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG, "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.". Now, you practically need a program to keep up on what they have to offer, and all of it excellent. Many high-profile shooters and gun experts have spoken highly of the XD line, including Massad Ayoob[17] and Ron Avery. SIEGE STOVES: ultra-versatile & durable, US-made. There are two main problems with the XD: It was designed wrong, and it is built wrong. How many different calibers does Springfield Armory have? There are two main problems with the XD: It was designed wrong, and it is built wrong. why is springfield xdm pistols have springfield usa on everything all over the box, paperwork, reading magazine ads. Not all possible combinations of the above listed parameters have been offered. You tell 'em I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me, you hear? The HS2000 is still a good gun if it fits your hand. All XD, XDM & XDS are made by HS Produkt in karlovac Croatia. There really is not a comparably priced 100% american made alternative to the M1A though. Most developed countries don't even have standards. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Well, the Croation Sensation has bit the dust with the, Frenchy, very nice pix of the 45.