Still, there were times with certain songs that the bass felt too muddy and boomy (dire straits - private investigations comes to mind) so room placement is key for these ones. 25mm tweeter, 16cm midrange, 2x 16cm bass. And considering the 12.1 are five star speakers, that's quite some praise. ft / 9-20 m2, Large 220-400 sq. Borea BR08 and R-820F have the same Impedance of 8 ohms but where they differ is the sensitivity levels. Triangle Borea (BR07/08 front) Kipsch Reference (R-625FA front) The room is 4 m x 4 m. But in terms of value for money, the Debut B5.2 are one of the company's finest. At SoundStage!, we loved it too. This makes the RP-8000F 45% heavier than the Borea BR08. We keepWhat Hi-Fi? This makes the RP-6000F 18% heavier than the Borea BR08. Love them. In this section, we are going to compare Triangle Borea BR08's and Klipsch R-820F's external dimensions. This makes the RP-8000F 45% heavier than the Borea BR08. Perform best if given a little room to breathe, What Hi-Fi? Q Acoustics has made some of the best floorstanding speakers we've heard over the last decade, but the 3050i offer an exceptional combination of energy and scale, tempered by plenty of musicality, warmth and control. To give an example on the type of sound, up to this point I felt that my digital set up was the weakest link on my system. Weight of a speaker can also "sometimes" be an indicator of the rigidity of the enclosure and the quality of the internal components used. Klipsch R-625FA is clearly the larger of the two speakers. Here is a comparison of how Borea BR08 and R-820F's weights compare with the average, max and min weights in Passive Floor-standing class. The BS5s fit great here and remarkably, so does the BR02. It's true that floorstanders have cabinets larger than bookshelf speakers, and so tend to deliver greater scale, authority and bass. Designing a crossover for a 3-way speaker is a complicated process and generally increases the overall cost of the speaker. Wharfedale shows it can mix with the best premium speakers. This changed completely with the Elacs. They're flexible when it comes to equipment and positioning as long as you don't stuff them into a corner or put them right up against the wall. They display a sense of vigour and dynamic strength that many rivals fail to match. Plus, the dimensions mean they will look right at home in most rooms, never dominating visually. Best stereo amplifiers 2023: the 17 best integrated amps for all budgets, Best floorstanding speakers 2023: budget to premium, Best record players 2023: best turntables for every budget, Best Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray players 2023: budget to premium disc players, The best home entertainment buying advice, Issues delivered straight to your door or device. Available in black, white or walnut finishes. Surely they should be on this list ? What Hi-Fi? You also get a few other technical improvements including HPE (Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer) technology, which aims to reduce cabinet resonance. Let's have a brief look at the main features I found myself turning down the mids and treble with the Loki just a tiny bit to avoid fatigue. In this section, we are going to compare Triangle Borea BR08's and Klipsch R-625FA's external dimensions. Theyll round off rough edges and downplay unwanted aggression without sounding like theyre smothering the life out of the music. For 699 are there any better floorstanders than the Q Acoustics concept 40? No Elac Vela FS 407s? But bigger isn't always better. Refined yet entertaining, the top-of-the-line A7 continue the firm's knack for combining stunning clarity and subtlety with hugely enjoyable dynamics and rhythm. For me, the Elac DBR62 are a keeper. Award winnersin our stockrooms so we can always pit new products against ones we know and love. Borea BR08 and R-820F has the same power range of up to 150 watts. The binding posts are really nice too. The bass is tight and detailed and the mids are very clear and a bit forward. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Loudness or the sound level is also impacted by parameters The tweeter sounds smoother and more refined than the old model and there's a pleasing amount of nicely integrated bass. None of these speakers achieves full range experience which is commonly agreed as 20Hz-20kHz. Some of the best budget floorstanders weve heard. Fyne Audios standard F501 floorstanders are terrific performers, but these "Special Production" (SP) versions are a far more ambitious proposition, cramming in as much of Fyne Audios high-end technology as possible. Speaker or speakers needs to perform so that it makes goosebumps and eargasms with my favorite songs. Here we have compared their suitability to various sizes of environments considering their size and max power parameters: (* Approximate Room sizes: Small < 100sq. BR08 vyrostly do slun vce 102 cm, na i maj nicmn jen 20,5 cm a do hloubky 31,4 cm. I have them about 1.5 ft from the wall and that's it. Triangle Borea may within the same price bracket. Thats the only time thats happened. These sub-1000 Dali speakers are a real treat musical, rhythmically precise and wonderfully detailed. In the following sections, we will get into more detail in order to better understand how the Triangle Borea BR08 and Klipsch RP-8000F compare and hopefully end up with enough arguments to decide which one of these loudspeakers is the better choice for you. Borea BR08 sensitivity is rated at 92 dB and the RP-8000F's is at 98 dB. The Borea BR08 is a 3-way floorstanding speaker with a similar soft dome tweeter, a large dedicated midrange driver and twin bass drivers. Bass is very present although not as quick or tight as with the Triangles. Borea BR08 has a frequency range of 40 - 22k Hz whereas R-820F has a frequency range of 35-21k Hz. The 1.7i sounds outstanding, even without a subwoofer. The Air Motion Transformer tweeteris normally reserved for much more expensive speakers, but they're found in this relatively affordable model. such as Impedance, sensitivity and system efficiencies. The speakers are to be used in my living room for both music and movies and is required to be placed quite close to the front wall. Need careful partnering and a larger space to shine. Heres how it works. Spendor's superb floorstanders sound great, look great and are compact enough to fit into most homes. Id have to leave the grills on those at all times. Their relatively high sensitivity means you should get good volume levels from even low-powered amps although their nominal 8ohm impedance dips to a 3ohm minimum, so youll still need to check for compatibility. The Borea BR08 requires 45% less surface area than the R-820F which gives it a small advantage on placement in tight spaces. These ProAc speakers can do it all put them in a carefully matched system and they will shine. Base Surface Area Comparison Most importantly, I have found the type of sound that I like and this will help tremendously in the future if I feel the need to upgrade at some point. Borea BR08 can handle a max power of 150 watts RMS from the amp the whereas R-625FA has a max power handling value of 100 watts RMS, 50 watts less than the Borea BR08. Keep in mind that a higher max power handling value doesn't necessarily make that a louder speaker They're able to take note of an instrument's body as well as any idiosyncrasies in the way it's played, which makes for a compelling listen. That has pushed me toward them, but I have a feeling that the Klipsch (and maybe the KEFs) might be technically superior speakers. 8 (black ash, mahogany, cherry, oak, silk white, walnut; rosewood and ebony cost extra), 4 (black ash, white, light oak, dark walnut). Copy that. Bath In this review, we will be comparing Borea BR08 and RP-6000F, two Passive Floor-standing speakers from Triangle and Klipsch. The Lumina V do need some care with partnering equipment (they need an amplifier with grunt, such as the Rega Aethos or Naim SuperNait 3) and with their positioning in the room to sound their best (give them space to breathe). Wharfedale's Evo 4.4 are packed with so much technology that we had to double-check their price. This 6 dB difference makes the Klipsch RP-8000F a more sensitive speaker compared to Triangle Borea BR08, hence will play louder with the same amount of watts. If you're after the latter, then the Sonus Faber Lumina V could be for you. They deliver such an entertaining sound that we cant help but recommend them. The weight of a loudspeaker can become an important factor if you need to move and reposition the unit often. I have B&W 603 and want to change it for Triangle BR09 or BR08. It wont come as a surprise that these relatively big speakers produce a large-scale sound with plenty of authority. Below graphs depict how these two speakers compare with the max, min and average values of the Min and Max Frequencies of other speakers in the Floor-standing class in our database. Superb Award-winning floorstanders, right up there with the best. They deliver such an entertaining sound that we cant help but recommend them. A three-way design, the BR08 use two fibreglass-coned bass units aided by a front-firing reflex port, plus a 25mm silk dome tweeter. Keep in mind that a higher max power handling value doesn't necessarily make that a louder speaker Dali rival sounds more expressive and fun, We check over 250 million products every day for the best prices, Hello, are there any good active floorstanding speakers? Take a bit of care with system-matching and they will impress. Here is a comparison of how Borea BR02 and RP-600M's weights compare with the average, max and min weights in Passive Bookshelf class. That chrome trim ring on the Q-acoustics bookshelf is brutal. Weight of a speaker can also "sometimes" be an indicator of the rigidity of the enclosure and the quality of the internal components used. The base surface area of the Triangle Borea BR08 is approximately 646.8cm2 / 100.3inch2 and base area of the Klipsch R-820F is approximately 1180.0cm2 / 182.9inch2. I was looking at the f502 but think it may be over kill in my living room which is approximately 4m2. Whenever I listened to music via Deezer on both the Triangles and Klipsch, I found the sound a bit harsh, unrefined, lacking body and fatiguing after a while when compared to vinyl. It is as articulate and expressive as weve heard at this premium price (2499 / $2999 / AU$5295). What Hi-Fi? ft / 36 m2. If your love for bass and big sound is greater than your budget for new speakers, these could be just what you're looking for. For me, this was absolutely not the case but I do think they fall last when compared to the Triangle and Elacs. here. In this review, we will be comparing Borea BR08 and R-625FA, two Passive Floor-standing speakers from Triangle and Klipsch. 25mm tweeter, 16cm midrange, 2x 16cm bass. Triangle Borea BR09 is 188mm narrower and 23mm less deeper than Klipsch Heresy IV but it is also 464mm taller. The sense of drive and attack make it hard to sit still, while the bass has a surprising amount of weight and authority. A charming pair of speakers in every way. Borea BR08 and R-625FA have the same Impedance of 8 ohms but where they differ is the sensitivity levels. Disclaimer, I'm fairly new to the audio world. Thoughts? Borea BR08 features a 1" silk Break_in Tweeter , a 6" Midrange and 2 x 6" fiberglass Woofer with a Crossover frequency at 215Hz and 3500Hz. Awards 2022 winner. Klipsch R-625FA is clearly the larger of the two speakers. During her time in the consumer tech industry, she has reviewed hundreds of products, been to countless trade shows across the world and fallen in love with hi-fi kit much bigger than her. But now this low-level prowess is appearing, and Im really pleased with that. Superb performers capable of thrilling results Specifications Drive units: 25mm tweeter, 16cm midrange, 2x 16cm bass Ported: Yes (front) Bi-wire: No Impedance: 8 ohms Sensitivity: 92dB Dimensions (hwd): 102 x 20.6 x 31.4cm Weight: 8.9 g Finishes: 4 (black, white, light oak, walnut) Very affordable, very talented these updated Fyne speakers have plenty of appeal. The Triangle Borea BR08 weighs 18.85kg / 41.5lbs and the Klipsch RP-6000F weighs 22.27kg / 49lbs. Triangle, or Triangle Manufacture Electroacoustique to give them their full title, is a French manufacturer based in Soissons in the North of the country and now owned by Hugo Decelle. Heres how it works. They have a substantial feel when you place them. I will have the three pairs for 2 more weeks before sending them back. Below graphs depict how these two speakers compare with the max, min and average values of the Min and Max Frequencies of other speakers in the Floor-standing class in our database. For more information, please see our Here we have compared their suitability to various sizes of environments considering their size and max power parameters: (* Approximate Room sizes: Small < 100sq. Why then, have we chosen the BR08? Exciting, energetic speakers that will keep you endlessly entertained. They are really sounding good at lower listening levels. The base surface area of the Triangle Borea BR08 is approximately 646.8cm2 / 100.3inch2 and base area of the Klipsch R-625FA is approximately 1018.1cm2 / 157.8inch2. They allow you to actually see into a recording and hear the nuance of instruments and vocals. Borea BR08 has a front firing port whereas RP-8000F has a rear firing ports. Feed them a poor signal and they are skilled at revealing the shortcomings without shouting about them. Awards 2022 winner. ft / 9-20 m2, Large 220-400 sq. Lastly, I invite anyone who is new to the hobby to try to have some first hand experience with multiple speakers. This makes the RP-600M 50% heavier than the Borea BR02. Speaker placement is absolutely no problem here. Aesthetics have always been a key part of the Sonus Faber DNA, and that remains the case here. Thank you all for your very helpfull comments. Typical room sizes differ from country to country, and the actual listening experience changes depending on floor height, room shape, surface materials, listening position, speaker locations, etc.). But they also deliver transparency and subtlety, helping to ensure a natural, easy-going presentation. Triangle Borea BR08 has external dimensions of 1020.0 x 206.0 x 314.0mm ( 40.1 x 8.1 x 12.3inch) whereas Klipsch R-820F has external dimensions of 1096.0 x 277.0 x 426.0mm ( 43-1/8 x 10-7/8 x 16-3/4inch) . These play much bigger than they are. And to be able to get all of this and not have to drive them hard to get it is fantastic. And man, they are strong. They're not short of energy or scale, tempered by plenty of musicality, warmth and control. The plinths simply bolt on to the bottom for extra stability, although we'd prefer the supplied spikes to be a little sharper to get through thick carpets. Whether you want to spend a few hundred dollars or a few thousand, the best floorstanding speakers can level up your hi-fi system and deliver awesome, room-filling sound. Save 100 on Bowers & Wilkins' five-star 607 S2 bookshelf speakers, The best home entertainment buying advice, Issues delivered straight to your door or device. Here is a comparison of how Borea BR08 and R-625FA's weights compare with the average, max and min weights in Passive Floor-standing class. No Sonus Faber Sonetto IIIs? Maybe it has something to do with my room size and them being rear ported. Triangle Borea BR08 has external dimensions of 1020.0 x 206.0 x 314.0mm ( 40.1 x 8.1 x 12.3inch) whereas Klipsch RP-8000F has external dimensions of 1099.0 x 277.0 x 445.0mm ( 43-1/4 x 10-7/8 x 17-1/2inch) . The first piece of music that got to you? Build quality is excellent imo. For example. Borea BR08 has a front firing port whereas R-625FA has a rear firing ports. My first impressions were not that great. The elecs would look nice too if it didnt have the same screen i got on my kitchen sink drain hole. They might be a touch smaller than the 3050i but the Dalis manage to sound notably larger and more entertaining. Play louder with same amount of amplification power, costs less (*prices may change depending on the seller, location and time), Dimensions (H x W x D): 1020.0" x 8.1" x 12.3"( 1020.0 x 206.0 x 314.0mm ), Dimensions (H x W x D): 1096.0" x 10-7/8" x 16-3/4"( 1096.0 x 277.0 x 426.0mm ). Zs sound check on the BR02 impressed the Hell out of me and eventually led me to purchase them. For this sort of money, they're exceptional value. such as Impedance, sensitivity and system efficiencies. These Wharfedale speakers are hugely capable and fun, especially for the budget price. High frequencies are a bit recessed and the mids are more prevalent at least according to my ears. Below you can see the front view size comparison of Triangle Borea BR08 and Klipsch R-625FA in scale. One of the fundamental differences between these two speakers is that Borea BR08 is a 3-way design whereas the RP-6000F is a 2-way speaker. ft / 9-20 m2, Large 220-400 sq. And while the 3050i have been bested by Dali's outstanding Oberon 5 and the Triangle BR08, these 2018 What Hi-Fi? Here is a comparison of how Borea BR08 and RP-8000F's weights compare with the average, max and min weights in Passive Floor-standing class. Its fair to say that these new Debut B5.2 speakers should be considered one of the companys finest efforts. Cookie Notice We'd shy away from bright-sounding electronics, but find suitable partners and you'll be blown away by their entertaining sound. One of the fundamental differences between these two speakers is that Borea BR08 is a 3-way design whereas the R-820F is a 2-way speaker. They benefit from a bit of inward angling too, but thanks to their wide sound dispersion you don't have to worry about being millimetre perfect. Quite frankly there are only a few pretty speakers in this group. I got goosebumps. You'll still need to choose wisely and make sure you pick the best floorstanding speakers for your budget and room size. This kind of sound comes with compromises. Base Surface Area Comparison The Triangle Borea BR08 weighs 18.85kg / 41.5lbs and the Klipsch RP-6000F weighs 22.27kg / 49lbs. They're pricey, but these elegant speakers deliver stunning levels of detail and dynamism. Gives more flexibility placing close to walls, costs less (*prices may change depending on the seller, location and time), Play louder with same amount of amplification power, Allows bi-amping and bi-wiring connections, Dimensions (H x W x D): 1020.0" x 8.1" x 12.3"( 1020.0 x 206.0 x 314.0mm ), Dimensions (H x W x D): 1099.0" x 10-7/8" x 17-1/2"( 1099.0 x 277.0 x 445.0mm ). I could not get a speaker any larger than the BR02 for this deployment. Its body is 71mm wider, 79mm taller and 131mm deeper than Triangle Borea BR08. We were both immediately impressed and in my case, somewhat overwhelmed by the sweet sweet and musical presentation of the Elacs. In order to achieve lower lows / deeper bass, we recommend you pair these with a subwoofer. I also invested in some Audioquest Rocket 11 speaker cables to try. The Triangle Borea BR09 weighs 21.80kg / 48lbs and the Klipsch RP-6000F weighs 22.27kg / 49lbs. The mixture of real wood veneer (or gloss black) with the faux-leather material looks elegant and distinctive. In fact, I am learning that there are ways that I can use the respective gain controls and ride the power curve to get slightly different response profiles from the stack to tune that low/mid area. The weight of a loudspeaker can become an important factor if you need to move and reposition the unit often. La Borea BR08 fonctionne en 3 voies avec 4 haut-parleurs, ce qui est ambitieux et mme plutt hasardeux pour une colonne d'une conception cot serr. They have insight and attack in spades, while the midrange performance is impressive: voices come through loud and clear, and there's a high degree of transparency on show. Whether you've got hundreds or thousands to spend, we're sure there's a pair of speakers for you. You can read more abouthow we test and review products onWhat Hi-Fi? Or, if you simply want to splash the cash on serious high-end speakers, we're here to help. Award winners in our stockrooms so we can always pit new products against ones we know and love. Awards 2022 winner. An exceptional, unfussy floorstander for a budget price - these are worth an audition. What's great about this build is that, due to its high sensitivity, you can get good volume levels even if you're using low-powered amps. 3-way designs utilize a midrange driver in addition to the tweeter and woofer on 2-way designs. Base Surface Area Comparison One of the best, established floorstanders that remain a terrific proposition for the money. They track notes well, clearly defining leading and trailing edges without sounding overly etched. To my ears, even with some eq I found these too bright and tiring after a while. If you're looking for affordable floorstanders that sound great, we highly suggest you give them a listen. Admit it bought them cuz theyre flowery french pretty MFs. The Triangle Borea BR03 stand-mounted loudspeaker has been praised by many reviewers for its combination of high value and high performance. Keep the grills on, problem solved. Striking floorstanders with plenty of punch. These speakers present a very lively sound and after a couple of weeks the sound mellowed a bit and I felt very comfortable during longer sessions. Below you can see the front view size comparison of Triangle Borea BR08 and Klipsch R-820F in scale. Triangle Borea BR08's front-firing port gives more flexibility in placement in regards to proximity to walls compared to Klipsch R-625FA with its rear-firing port. Designing a crossover for a 3-way speaker is a complicated process and generally increases the overall cost of the speaker. Loudspeaker Review - Costing 1199 the Triangle Borea BR09 loudspeakers are a three-way floorstanding design. On the other hand, acoustic guitars, cymbals, horns and both female and male voices sound very very good through, almost lifelike and the presentation is quite forward, even somewhat aggressive. And here I am, working within a very strict real estate budget. The base surface area of the Triangle Borea BR03 is approximately 646.8cm2/ 100.3inch2and base area of the Klipsch RP-600M is approximately 608.0cm2/ 94.2inch2. Awards 2022 winner. Frankly these speakers have kinda blown my mind. 's expert reviewers in our dedicated listening rooms, so you can trust our buying advice. Triangle Borea BR08's front-firing port gives more flexibility in placement in regards to proximity to walls compared to Klipsch RP-6000F with its rear-firing port. As can be seen below, Triangle Borea BR03 is mentioned by key experts in Apr 2023, while Klipsch RP-600M is not. Score distribution: 11 with a score: 2 without a score: 9 Score distribution: Klipsch RP-600M: Buy | Customer Reviews Below graphs depict how these two speakers compare with the max, min and average values of the Min and Max Frequencies of other speakers in the Floor-standing class in our database. Based on reviews I've read there doesn't appear to be anything significantly better available for the money. These towers deliver a sparkling performance. An exceptional, unfussy floorstander for a budget price - these are worth an audition. Read on for our round-up of the best floorstanders for every budget. These towers deliver a sparkling performance. Separation of instruments and such is great. Here is a comparison of how Borea BR08 and RP-8000F's weights compare with the average, max and min weights in Passive Floor-standing class. Here we have compared their suitability to various sizes of environments considering their size and max power parameters: (* Approximate Room sizes: Small < 100sq. LOL! Great if you want to partner your turntable with a floorstander without breaking the bank. Base surface area of a loudspeaker may become a determining factor when the space in your room or desk is limited. Sound immediately opens up while also keeping the musical presentation so keep in mind that you'll have to consider system pairing with certain components that may already bring warmth to the sound. Other versions of this page are available with specific content for the following regions: What Hi-Fi? They render instrumental texture superbly and stereo imaging is lovely. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Superb performers capable of thrilling results, What Hi-Fi? Gives more flexibility placing close to walls, costs less (*prices may change depending on the seller, location and time), Play louder with same amount of amplification power, Dimensions (H x W x D): 1020.0" x 8.1" x 12.3"( 1020.0 x 206.0 x 314.0mm ), Dimensions (H x W x D): 1021.0" x 9-3/8" x 16-3/4"( 1021.0 x 239.0 x 426.0mm ). A linha Triangle Borea oferece um desempenho vocal excelente e mdios ntidos, combinando com graves fortes e controlados. I have a 20m2 room and they are BIG and have a big sound so definitely won't work in smaller spaces. There is no input from PR companies or our sales team when it comes to the verdict, withWhat Hi-Fi? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Its always down to personal taste and that is what counts. Oh my god I couldn't have been more wrong. This 4 dB difference makes the Klipsch R-625FA a more sensitive speaker compared to Triangle Borea BR08, hence will play louder with the same amount of watts. I found it quite helpful to have the visual scale of their voicing as well. The chrome on the 3030i isnt my favorite but the rest of the finish is nice and they sound DAMN good for the money. I dont really know how much better or worse they are when compared to the others. Their soundstage and imaging is decent. All review verdicts are agreed upon by the team as a whole rather than an individual reviewer, to eliminate any personal preference and to make sure we are being as thorough as possible. Below you can see the front view size comparison of Triangle Borea BR08 and Klipsch RP-8000F in scale. Vocals are a particular highlight. On the other hand, the RP-6000F features a 1" Tractrix Horn Tweeter and 2 x 6.5" Cerametallic Woofer . 3-way designs utilize a midrange driver in addition to the tweeter and woofer on 2-way designs. A talented pair of well-made speakers that need a bit of care to deliver an excellent performance. Along with the Triangle Borea BR08 (above), the arrival of the spectacular Dali Oberon 5 offers an even better buy than their illustrious rivals. With some EQ these speakers can sound absolutely great and I would have been a happy camper by keeping them. Borea BR08 has a frequency range of 40 - 22k Hz whereas R-625FA has a frequency range of 38-21k Hz. It makes a real difference. Nevertheless, I wanted to have some more hands on experience to be at peace with my decision. And we do our best to review as many new models in as many markets as possible to ensure our contextual knowledge is the best it can be. compared to a lower max handling speaker. And these do really well. Base surface area of a loudspeaker may become a determining factor when the space in your room or desk is limited. As you'd expect, these imposing speakers produce a large-scale sound with plenty of weight. Borea BR08 sensitivity is rated at 92 dB and the RP-6000F's is at 97 dB. Borea BR08 can handle a max power of 150 watts RMS from the amp the whereas RP-6000F has a max power handling value of 125 watts RMS, 25 watts less than the Borea BR08. Typical room sizes differ from country to country, and the actual listening experience changes depending on floor height, room shape, surface materials, listening position, speaker locations, etc.).