: The Chechen How will you get him back any Lt. James Gordon : Two-Face Rachel! I want whoever let him off the leash. His original role proves that Maroni can have a role even if hes behind bars. The series is produced by 6th & Idaho, DC Studios, and Dylan Clark Productions in association with Warner Bros . Like Maroni, the character throws acid into the face of District Attorney Harvey Dent, leading to his transformation into Two-Face. : How did you convince Surillo to hear this farce? Harvey Harvey Dent I thought the D.A. The Joker Real name: Salvatore Vincent Maroni Aliases: Sal Sally The Italian Alignment: Bad Affiliation: Mrs. Maroni (Wife) Sal Maroni's Mistress (Lover) Portrayed by: Eric Roberts Rob Paulsen - Batman: Gotham Knight (Voice) Appearances: Batman: Gotham Knight The Dark Knight : : When you and, uh Harvey Dent Meanwhile, Maroni is out there somewhere and if he isnt currently a threat, he will be. Citizenship Followed swiftly by you and me. Ah our boy looks good on the tube. Mayor Anthony Garcia Two-Face : Its unclear if DC has any intention of bringing Harvey Dent into The Batmans world, but if it does head in that direction, it would make sense for Maroni to be involved. That task could be left up to The Batman 2s take on Harvey Dent, whose efforts to prove Maronis guilt can lay the groundwork for his transformation into Two-Face. He was later shot and killed by Two-Face in revenge, after which Two-Face surrendered and voluntarily went back into police custody. [2], The Gazette article also mentioned that the Gotham City Police Department seized 'mountains of hard evidence' on Maroni with the district attorney believing that with it, Maroni would be put away for life.[3]. Harvey Dent And with some theories suggesting Two-Face could stand as the villain of The Batman 2, Sal Maroni would perfectly compliment the crooked Harvey Dent. Now, *I* didn't rig those charges. Introduce a little anarchy. Batman: Gotham KnightThe Dark Knight. : : You got rules. Sal Maroni was mentioned throughout The Batman. Two-Face I'm sorry Two-Face : [standing in front of the prosecution table] [Dent turns his head, showing Gordon the mutilated side of his face]. Over the years, DC updated the origin stories of several of its iconic villains, but was mostly consistent in regards to Maroni and how he essentially created one of Batmans greatest enemies. Just tell me it's not Wayne, the guy's a complete [Bruce comes up behind him and grabs him in a chokehold]. : The Nolanverse version of Maroni features in the animated anthology Batman: Gotham Knight, voiced by Rob Paulsen. Two-Face [he drops Maroni off the ledge, breaking his legs]. : Before The Batman: An Original Movie Novel, "'The Penguin' Casts Clancy Brown as Salvatore Maroni" - Deadline, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Sal Maroni is a notorious Gotham City mafia boss with a long track record of funding less-than-reputable businesses, including some with ties to madmen like Hugo Strange. Well, I guess no answer is a no. : : Salvatore Maroni has been a staple character in the Batman comics for decades, particularly in storylines that feature the Gotham criminal underworld. : Portrayed by: Harvey Dent The public likes you, Dent. Two-Face Batman : You don't just work for Carmine Falcone. Two-Face Harvey Dent : Two-Face : [showing the scarred side] You die. Clancy Brown has been cast as the infamous Gotham mob boss. The famous Bruce Wayne. Once Maroni took the fall, Falcone stepped in and assumed full power over the Drops operation and the rest of Gotham, including Renewal. : | : You dont waste the talent of Clancy Brown only to have him sit in a jail cell. Who? : Italian American Murders committed by Holiday caused Falcone and Maroni to become suspicious of each others activities. Thomas, not caring about his political career and only caring about his wife and their son Bruce, went to Maroni's rival Carmine Falcone and asked him to put "the fear of god" into Elliot to keep him from running his story, instead Falcone killed him. Related: The Batman's Catwoman Detail Finally Explains Gotham's Biggest Mystery. : : Mayor Anthony Garcia Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Some two-bit whack job. I own the place. When Maroni confessed that it was Ramirez, Two-Face flipped his Coin to decide Maroni's fate. Human : While there were naturally big risks in exposing his fellow mobster, Falcone had everything to gain by orchestrating Maronis arrest in The Batman. He has a degree in journalism from the University of Montevallo, and is the author of the psychological thriller and time travel novel, "A Man Against the World." Mafia Maronis (alleged) hit on the Waynes is all for naught as Falcone ends up on top anyway. Filming & Production That's right, sir. However, as we later learn, the majority of the GCPD and government officials such as DA Gil Colson (Peter Sarsgaard) and Mayor Mitchell are corrupt and colluded with Falcone to organize the sting. After he swiftly made bail, Maroni was captured in a club and interrogated by Batman for the Joker's location. Batman The Batman sees Batman going to the Joker in Arkham, in a deleted scene, for information. Rachel Dawes : Status One of the biggest mysteries Batman had to uncover relates to how the GCPD managed to bring charges against Maroni. The Joker, played by Barry Keoghan, was already teased before The Batman end credits rolled. The Batman (March 4, 2022) Salvatore Maroni was a Gotham City gangster who ran a tight drug operation within the Maroni Crime Syndicate. Real name: Batman standing outside Sal Maroni's Restaurant in the Bowery in Arkham City. The Batman spinoff The Penguin is reportedly casting another major Gotham City crime lord: Salvatore "Sal" Maroni. [He knocks her unconscious with the butt of his gun]. Batman I don't know about Mr. Lau's travel arrangements, but I'm sure glad he's here. 747 counts of extortion, 849 counts of racketeering, 246 counts of fraud, 87 counts of conspiracy to murder [as she flips through the documents, she finds a Joker playing card]. He even has ties to the Batman villain Tony Zucco, the man responsible for killing Dick Grayson, aka Robins, parents. When he is moved out of his cell, Maroni is finally killed by Holiday. In The Batman, Sal Maroni was a mobster ultimately brought down by Carmine Falcone. The problem is our money being tracked by the cops. I'll go to Hong Kong, far from Dent's jurisdiction, and the Chinese will not extradite one of their own. Aliases By the story's end, he is murdered by Two-Face. During Batman's testimony Maroni called Batman a liar, leading Dent to show his proof, Maroni's lucky two-headed silver dollar found at the scene with Maroni's finger prints on it. During the trial, Maroni throws acid into Dent's face, disfiguring him and changing him into Two-Face. : Fair enough. He is depicted as Carmine Falcone's successor and one of the promentent targets for Batman. Comic(s) He was one of the main controllers of drug trade in the city and was initially responsible for production of the narcotic Drops. He calls Batman as his first witness. While on trial for murder, the criminal used a hidden vial of acid to disfigure the face of the prosecutor, Harvey Dent. You can *not* leave me alone with these people. [a massive army of defense lawyers start jostling and yelling all at once. As you're all aware, one of our deposits were stolen. : We three. But, Your Honor, I'm not done. : [Batman holds him out over a ledge] Order! : Did you ever wonder what it would be like to listen to her die? Carmine Falcone (John Turturro) was the rat. You sure you want to embarrass me in front of my friends, Lieutenant? That's funny Two-Face However, he remained relevant to the main plot throughout the movie as a name that was brought up numerous times over the course of Batmans investigation into the Ridder and his clues. . He's a nobody. Well, prison is typically very temporary for the evildoers of Gotham and the odds are high that Maroni will be able to pull some strings to get himself out now that Falcone is unable to stop him. Lt. James Gordon : : Judge Surrillo [incredulous] In the sequel, Batman and the Mad Monk, Norman tries to pay off his debt to Maroni, unaware of Batman's intervention on his behalf; Maroni refuses to take the money, terrified that Batman would visit him again. Batman simply replied: "I'm counting on it" and dropped him, which broke both of Maroni's legs. . : Harvey Dent In DC Comics, hes considered one of the most dangerous Gotham City crime lords, just behind Carmine Falcone. Since he never reappeared in the sequel. Rachel's told me everything about you. Tell your boy it's going to be all right, Gordon. #TheBatman pic.twitter.com/2PTY2cCEZI, The Batman Deleted Scene in Arkham Would Have Changed the Whole Movie. [During a video conference with the gangsters] He's going to need something a lot bigger to get through this, Two-Face Bruce Wayne : After the Joker's arrest, Detectives Michael Wuertz and Anna Ramirez sold Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes to Maroni and tied them up in a warehouse with oil drums and a bomb. The crime lord took advantage of the opportunity; he used his knowledge of his rival's drug business to have Salvatore Maroni arrested, and then used the money to install a puppet regime in Gotham City, propping up everyone who became famous for Gotham's biggest drug bust. Official Sites It's someone else, isn't it? The substantial character is portrayed as a powerful mob boss and gangster of Italian descent in Gotham City and an enemy of Batman. Harvey Dent Salvatore Vincent Maroni is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, commonly in association with Batman. : You first. Salvatore Maroni This led to Batman figuring out the identity of The Rat, who made arresting Maroni possible. Can't we go someplace quieter? qui a permis au GCPD de raliser une saisie de drogue historique et de mettre fin aux activits du gangster Salvatore Maroni, le principal rival de Falcone. Maroni's first and only Pre-crisis appearance was in Detective Comics #66 (Aug. 1942) as "Boss" Moroni, a mobster on trial for the murder of a man named "Bookie" Benson. He later allies with Fish Mooney during its events. Salvatore Maroni The stenographer looks up, confused]. : The Chechen However, Maroni took Ramirez hostage and threatened to kill her until Batman stopped him gaining the respect of Detective Allen. Detective Wuertz What was said about Maroni in The Batman indicates that his reputation in the movie is in line with how he was portrayed in DC Comics. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Soon after, they were both taken to court along with many other criminals at once. : The film depicts him as the uncle of Paris Franz, a low-level criminal who becomes obsessed with Batgirl. I'm a dog chasing cars. : As head of organized crime, Maroni took over Carmine Falcone's crime family. [cut to the Mayor's office, where the Mayor is berating Harvey for his actions. : We learn that he had involvement with Bruces (Robert Pattinson) parents and attempted to get mayoral-elect Thomas Wayne (Luke Roberts) in his pocket by digging up dirt on his wife, Martha (Stella Stocker), and her past stay at Arkham Asylum for mental illness. Rachel Dawes Carbon fiber, .28 Caliber, made in China. He was eventually murdered by the Holiday serial killer. : : Two-Face shot the driver, the car swerved into a small obstruction, violently flipped it sideways, and came to a stop upside down. Because you were the best of us! : He is shown to be at war with a Gotham mobster called "the Russian", with their conflict being depicted in the segments Crossfire and Field Test. And he was right. : Judge Freel : : Maroni features in the two-parted animated adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween, voiced by Jim Pirri. Colson explose et Batman s'vanouit cause de l'impact. : You thought we could be decent men, in an indecent time! [3] He is also responsible for the creation of Drops, a drug which later became an epidemic in Gotham. Related: The Batman's Rogues Gallery Origin Copies Nolan's Dark Knight Inspiration. Salvatore Maroni What are you doing? Wasn't enough, a big, career-making bust. Two-Face Salvatore Maroni Its been a full year since Matt Reeves The Batman hit the big screen, with a confirmed sequel already set for a 2025 release. : : He survives an assassination attempt by Two-Face in the first story, but his legs are left paralyzed. Don't worry. The Riddler teased the message el rata alada.. They get anything back on you, those criminals will be back on the streets [he walks over to the window and looks out]. I'll get him to sing. [grieved] In fact, his arrest may have set up The Batman 2, especially if Two-Face is picked as the sequels villain.