Hes passing it on to the kids at Ruston High, which has an amazing football tradition for such a small city. After a 35-14 victory against No. That's . Your email address will not be published. Ruston High School - Menu . Laird has been suspended without pay for one week, Northwestern Director of Athletics Greg Burke said in a statement released on Monday. They won and won and won. In that time with the Tigers, Fobbs celebrated two SWAC championships, two Celebration Bowl appearances and a Black College Football National Championship. Williams was part of a Bills team that lost 14 games in a row to the New England Patriots before breaking through in 2011. About the NFHS Network . 318-255-2658 Guidance Fax . Ruston falls to Destrehan in the LHSAA Division I title game. Theres 6-foot-3, 290-pound defensive tackle Christian Davis with an offer from Northwestern State. Chris Dabe: Why John Curtis could do it again. Lincoln Parish Schools ; Were extremely excited for our program and for the university to have Coach Laird coming back home, Demons coach Jay Thomas. A handful of people from around the league presented me with opportunities, as recently as this last spring. Theyve rattled off nine wins in a row since then. He played football at Ruston High School and Northwestern State. Williams never left Buffalo. Whether its a short vacation or theyre jetting off to begin their career, show the future traveler you care with a meaningful graduation gift. He was the Bearcats' head coach for the last four seasons. But not to just get there to win.. The NCAA transfer portal has at least temporarily altered the need for college coaches to seek high school signatures in the numbers they formerly needed. Select Departments Ruston High School Jimmy Anderson Custodian Ruston High School 318-255-0807 Ketreia Andrews . In the fall, that includes volleyball, cross country, swimming and cheerleading. The West Ouachita graduate coached in two Texas Class 4A title games as an offensive coordinator at Longview in 2008 and 2009, losing to Lake Travis both times. Fobbs spent nine seasons as the coach for Grambling State with a 54-32 overall record. The Bearcats lost their opener in overtime to Warren Easton, which is No. About Us. RUSTON -- Anyone perusing most Louisiana high school football recruiting lists would be hard pressed to find a Ruston Bearcat with scholarship offers from a Power Five school. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate). With Destrehan leading 10-7 in the fourth quarter, Ruston moved deep into Destrehan territory and had a third-down pass hit off the hands of a receiver near the goal line before senior Russell Brown kicked a 24-yard field goal that tied the score at 10. This past season, his high school team at Ruston High School finished runner-up in the . Hoss Garrett Stadium. "There's times, anybody who's ever been a head coach knows, there are times when you need that and it's handy having him.". My daughter is going into high school as a ninth grader, and my younger daughter is coming up right there behind her. GSU Track & Field Coach Recalls His Time at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Germany. Theyre competitive, theyre tough, theyre excited to learn and to play, he said, and they really care about their teammates and being part of a team. If Im going to do something, Im going to dive all the way into it, which Ive done there. Ruston High School 900 Bearcat Drive Ruston, LA 71270 318-255-0807 318-251-2202 Fax. What else would you expect from Williams, who arrived in Buffalo as an underestimated fifth-round pick out of LSU in 2006 and worked tirelessly to make himself a star? We spoke by phone as he was driving 45 minutes to Bastrop to watch his second-eldest, Anna Claire, play point guard for her eighth-grade basketball team. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Thats two processes, which means Williams hasnt strayed that far from McDermott or the NFL. He was also given a letter of reprimand stating the consequences he could face if any future misconduct took place, Burke said. Union Parish High School officials and the Union Parish Superintendent have conducted an investigation into allegations of an argument which involved Coach Joe Spatafora. Ive pulled into so many other peoples kids for years, that now Im doing that with my own children.. Brother Martin and John Curtis will not be surprised by much when they meet for the Division I select state football championship set for 7 p., Contact Christopher Dabe at cdabe@theadvocate.com. Ruston head football coach Jerrod Baugh and several members of the high school's staff were spotted handing out meals to those in Lincoln Parish. ", Highlights: Ruston's 27-21 win over Neville. Coach Scott returns to Destrehan High School after two seasons as the head coach at John Ehret High School in Jefferson Parish. Eugene returned to the field for the final kneel-down and Destrehan (14-0) celebrated the fifth football state championship in school history, the first since it won the second of back-to-back titles in 2008. Reigning state champion St. Charles will face a title-winning quarterback from another state when the second-seeded Comets go against No. Leader file photo. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Its such a special place. Fobbs to coach at Ruston, free of charge. Im just excited to be out there working with these players and keep working toward the future., Burks-Blake recognized as new Glen View principal. Opponent. Date. And not only about game time. "He has to have some time and see how it goes," Fobbs said. What an honor its been to lead the Ruston football team and the RHS athletics program. Evan Johnson, Captain Shreve: Johnson won . Use the search field above to filter by staff name. Fobbs was the head . 10 Westgate with a 1-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. 1 in the state among private large schools. Hell be a lot of help.. 1 seed in the LHSAA Non-Select Division I state playoffs didnt come overnight and it didnt come playing a soft schedule. And surely, a lot less time at the office than the all-consuming existence of an NFL player. 318-255-2658 Guidance Fax . The similarities are uncanny, he said. Our programs provide our student-athletes with an education in discipline, leadership, citizen ship, and teamwork. Broderick Fobbs, the former award-winning coach of the Grambling Tigers will assume a coaching position . Ruston is a special place. I coached there for three years before coming back to Louisiana. 52. During that altercation Spatafora reportedly disparaged Baugh, current Northwestern State University and former RHS head coach Brad Laird and Lairds late father Billy Laird, who preceded his son as head coach of the Bearcats, during that altercation in which Spatafora reportedly physically threatened Baugh. Ruston High School El Dorado High School Sep 18, 2023 | 2:30 PM PDT El Dorado, AR Pub. Fobbs was the head football coach for Grambling State University from 2014 to 2021. As a senior, Williams was named the 5A Louisiana . Last week, yes, I talked to our players about having the opportunity to beat a team for the first time in three decades. #firmlyfounded. Friday, Aug. 19. But I get that with some of our coaching staff and being around our young guys. Right, Kyle? I love being back around this atmosphere. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate), Destrehan's Lynard Harris (2) pushes Ruston's Jaden Osborne (4) out of bounds during the LHSAA State Football Prep Classic Division I non-select football championship game at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on Friday, December 9, 2022. We were fortunate to make enough plays at the end to survive, but we kind of got back on track last week.. Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website. Translate Translate . Lincoln Parish Schools ; Choudrant High School ; Choudrant Elementary School ; Required fields are marked *. Williams says Ruston has a lot of good kids, though they can be a chore at times. Ruston, which defeated No. All I wanted was an opportunity to compete. Upload it. Ruston High School is a 4year public high school located in the Lincoln Parish School District of Ruston, Louisiana, United States. Basketball; Football; Wrestling; This wont be Fobbs first experience on the high school level. Use the search field above to filter by staff name. 1 Ruston in the Division I nonselect state football championship set for 7 p.m. Friday in the Caesars Superdome. Jimmy Watson covers Shreveport-Bossier area sports. Search . (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate), Destrehan High School's Shane Lee (24) runs the ball against Westgate High School in Destrehan on Friday, December 2, 2022. I got to play for Chick Childress, and then work with my dad, at Ruston.
. It used to be that coaches would try to get sophomores on campus and get them to commit, but now thats not the case, Baugh said. As the subsequent head coach at Ruston from 1979 to 1991, he led the Bearcats to a 131-27 (.829) record and four state championships: 1982, 1986, 1988, and 1990. The Wildcats last reached the state final when the current seniors were freshmen and lost to Acadiana 8-3 in 2019. Laird coached at Ruston High School from 2004 to 2013 when his. Contact. ( KTVE/KARD) According to Ruston High School, former Grambling State University head football, Broderick Fobbs, has joined the school's football coaching staff.. This is much more beneficial for the kids in the long run.. But he felt an obligation to the team and the town. What special, special memories Ill always treasure of those men, and that place, and my Ruston family.. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. In most games this season, Destrehan has been up to the challenge from the start. The Athletic has around-the-clock coverage of the NFL Draft. "Hoss" Garrett. These games are the proving ground for legends, from L.J. He said suffering those all those difficult seasons in Buffalo comes in handy as a coach. The 1990 team, 15-0, was Childress' most successful. Players (3) Staff (1) Jerrod Baugh. And then on top of that the Xs and Os part of it. Bloods longest reception of 57 yards in the first quarter put Destrehan at the Ruston 5, and junior Shane Lee followed with a touchdown that put Destrehan ahead 7-0. Destrehan senior linebacker Andrew Schafer reached high for the first interception. RUSTON, La. Most of the athletes are homegrown in Rustons unique situation where the coaching staff has eyes on their future prodigies from an early age. Four-star quarterback Eli Holstein, an Alabama commitment, was stymied by the Bearcat defense. We came out here with the mentality that we were going to win state, said Fields, who scored twice and is headed to the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans for the first time in his life. Penalties set back the Bearcats on the first three drives. To this day, my kids will say, I miss my house in Buffalo! I get that on occasion from my crew here at home. He made six Pro Bowls. 0:15. Hes doing something for me.. Id have drawn it up differently, not just for myself but our (Bills) organization and the city. West Monroe (Jamboree) . (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate), Destrehan's Kevin Adams (7) hits Ruston's Dyson Fields (2) and forces a fumble during the LHSAA State Football Prep Classic Division I non-select football championship game at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on Friday, December 9, 2022. Follow our NFL Draft Round 4-7 live blog and round 2-3 winners and losers, round 2 grades and best available players. Its really been about being around here and going to all the practices and games and being able to really support my own kids for a change. 4 Du. West Monroe has been the benchmark for success in high school football in Louisiana since the mid-90s. ", MORE GRAMBLING Grambling State football coach Hue Jackson on Deion Sanders, impact on HBCUs, FOBBS-WHITEReading, football make Neville's Matthew Fobbs-White a Division I recruit. Lincoln Parish Schools ; Its not a matter of micromanaging, but coaches all the way up are readily available to help, Baugh said. Those guys have seen so much football at so many different levels, you can pick their brain about anything, said Baugh. In high school, youre teaching kids about football, but even maybe more importantly, youre teaching them about life. I think everybody is fully aware about what a big deal it is, especially for the kids. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate), Destrehan's Jai Eugene (4) celebrates after scoring a touchdown against Ruston during the LHSAA State Football Prep Classic Division I non-select football championship game at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on Friday, December 9, 2022. St. Charles scored two touchdowns that were sandwiched around an onside kick recovery in the fourth quarter and the second-seeded Comets defea. My oldest daughter (Kate) had been alive for all of those training camps except for one. Recorded his first career tackle at Louisiana-Lafayette (9/6). 2023-24. This will be the third year in a row for Destrehan (13-0) and Ruston (12-1) to meet in the postseason after Destrehan won the past two meetings in the quarterfinals by scores of 24-10 in 2021 and 6-0 in 2020. Coach Williams played 13 years in the NFL. My daughter was moving on to middle school and I thought it was time for me to do something a little bit different. Byrd (Scrimmage) Away. Then coaching against him when he played for the Demons, you knew he wasnt going to make mistakes and he was going to make plays. Ruston, in the state final for the first time since 1998, won the last four of its eight state titles between 1982 and 1990. Eugene scored on a 29-yard run on third-and-8 with 3 minutes, 22 seconds remaining, and the two Ruston possessions after that ended with interceptions. He has enjoyed having the former Tiger coach on the sidelines with him and hopes he stays a little longer, Baugh said. Three of them, Kylin Jackson, Ashley Williams and AJ Thomas, were on defense. Absolutely, he said. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate). "He's got some experience that I can lean on and it's handy having a guy right across the hallway to get some advice," Baugh said. . After parting ways with Grambling State football during the 2021 season, former head coach Broderick Fobbs joined the Ruston staff for the 2021 season after some influence from his daughter. Because of the pressure we were able to get, we were able to double cover those guys who can get loose.. Schools . Lincoln Preparatory School is dedicated to the mental and physical development of our student-athletes. According to his own statement, Laird was arrested Saturday night. Dec 9, 2022. Ruston Junior High School 481 Tarbutton Road Ruston, LA 71270 318-251-1601. But its hard to keep them at that level all the way through. He was also a three-time SWAC Coach of the Year. Coach Wright played eight or nine years in the NFL, and then youve got Coach Fobbs that is here, along with a lot of different other coaches that bring a lot of other aspects. Ruston High has Williams as defensive coordinator and Kenny Wright, who played for five NFL teams between 1998 and 2007, coaching the defensive backs. The key is relationship-building with the kids. That's . RUSTON -- Anyone perusing most Louisiana high school football recruiting lists would be hard pressed to find a Ruston Bearcat with scholarship offers from a Power Five school. Ruston High School 900 Bearcat Drive Ruston, LA 71270 318-255-0807 318-251-2202 Fax. No. RUSTON, La. To run off somewhere coaching NFL or whatever isnt something I want to do right now. I miss the guys, Williams said. If the Bearcats win Friday, theyll give Baugh his first trip to the Superdome as a coach, but not his first trip to a championship game. We played some really good teams leading up to the West Monroe game, said Baugh, who was offensive coordinator for two seasons at Ruston under current Northwestern State coach Brad Laird. Im still very busy, but I drop my daughter off at school every day. With Fobbs manning a headset on the sidelines the Bearcats took a 27-21 win over Neville (3-2) on Friday. Jai Eugene Jr. scored the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter, the Destrehan defense came up with two interceptions in the final minutes and the third-seeded Wildcats defeated No. 7:00 PM. Think outside the box this Mothers Day and opt for gifts other than flowers and chocolate. . 1 Ruston 17-10 in the Division I nonselect state football championship Friday at the Caesars Superdome. I still have that camaraderie and team aspect. 56 edge rusher in the country, the No. "He has an ability to run and throw it. 1 Rustons football team is built on tough scheduling, homegrown talent, HOLSTEIN STYMIED:Alabama football commit Eli Holstein ends season in LHSAA semifinals vs. No. Thats why McDermott admired him. I work at the school full-time. Destrehan is accustomed to deep postseason runs, reaching the state semifinal round five years in a row and eight times in a span of 10 seasons. After an investigation into an alleged verbal altercation between Union Parish High School head football coach Joe Spatafora and a Ruston coach, the Union Parish School Board has announced Spatafora will retain his coaching position. Baugh said the recruiting process has changed to the detriment of high school athletes. 1 of 12. There wasnt any other offer that could have tugged us away from Ruston. After a three-and-out for the Destrehan offense, senior defensive back Travon Thomas was in the right spot to pick off a high throw near the sideline with less than a minute to play. Results. (KTVE/KARD) According to Ruston High School, former Grambling State University head football, Broderick Fobbs, has joined the schools football coaching staff. When youve got that going on, no matter what level youre at, youre pretty excited to go in with them every day. Ruston High School 900 Bearcat Drive Ruston, LA 71270 318-255-0807 318-251-2202 Fax. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune | The New Orleans Advocate), Destrehan's Jai Eugene (4) runs the ball against Ruston during the LHSAA State Football Prep Classic Division I non-select football championship game at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on Friday, December 9, 2022. Laird had previously spent six seasons as the Demons defensive coordinator over two stints with the school. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. 1 seed in the LHSAA Non-Select Division I state playoffs didn't come overnight . SEASON OPENER: Friday, Sept. 3, home vs. Neville, 7 p.m. 1 Rustons football team is built on tough scheduling, homegrown talent, Alabama football commit Eli Holstein ends season in LHSAA semifinals vs. No. Destrehan celebrates their win over Ruston in the LHSAA State Football Prep Classic Division I non-select football championship game at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans on Friday, December 9, 2022. A handful of other seniors have offers from Division III Centenary College. Associations. Brother Martin and John Curtis will not be surprised by much when they meet for the Division I select state football championship set for 7 p., Contact Christopher Dabe at cdabe@theadvocate.com. Its about practice organization, organizing things in the building and all of those things they had experience doing. 0:15. You dont see that anymore., Ruston senior quarterback Jaden Osborne, in his third season as the starter, "is a lot more comfortable throwing the ball, doing some more spread stuff with their offense," Scott said. The ownership changed. Destrehan celebrates their win over Ruston in the LHSAA State . Led the team with nine total tackles (six solo, three assisted) against UTSA (10/18), a season high. Im at the school five days a week, from 7 a.m. or whatever time I drop my daughters off and walk into the office to sometimes 6, 7, 8-plus oclock at night during football season.. Hes a fierce competitor, always has been. 1 Ruston's football team is built on tough scheduling, homegrown talent. They have some skill guys who if you try to single them up, they could be bad matchups for us. Head Coach. The only touchdown for Ruston came after a long kickoff return and a facemask penalty against Destrehan let Ruston begin the drive at the Destrehan 16. Schools . You have permission to edit this article. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Five children witness home invasion in Northland;, Bad to worse: Student misbehavior rises further since, Man who lost wife, son in Texas mass shooting tells, Senate rankings: Here are the 5 seats most likely, Meteorologist Walker Snowden says goodbye to the, Local experts look at the recent increase of water, Hatton Homers Twice as Grambling State Routs Prairie, NBC 10 Evening Sportscast Sunday, April 30th, El Dorado High School welcomes Bobby Mullins as the, Tallulah Academy Mens Golf Team wins first ever, TWIN CITY OUTDOORS YARD OF THE WEEK 2023, KTVE/KARD celebrates graduates in the Ark-La-Miss, Ouachita Parish Sheriffs Office remembers fallen, Union Museum of History and Art presents Folk Life, Democrat Charles H. Bradford elected Alderman of, Downtown El Dorado announces 31st Annual Mayhaw Festival, Sponsored Content: Magickal Mystic Moments of Mindfulness, Sponsored Content: Wound Ostomy Care Clinic, Surprise your mom with one of these Mothers Day. Really, I could put myself in their shoes from being on the cusp of beating Tom Brady and the Patriots when they were rolling.. DT Jr. 5' 10" 185 lbs. 2022 FOOTBALL VARSITY SCHEDULE. You dont need to be a math major to know that you cant put a value on that for a dedicated dad. Only in the postseason have Destrehan starters needed to play into the fourth quarter. Weve been talking about it since August. Saturday, Aug. 27. Destrehan coach Marcus Scott has been selected as the New Orleans Saints high school football coach of the year for the 2022 season and will r. He had offers to coach in the NFL. Ruston scored that touchdown in the second quarter when senior Jaden Osborne bootlegged to the left and threw a pass to senior Aaron Jackson in the end zone. Ruston is having one of its best years since Williams, 39, was a star there 20 years ago. This community has been so supportive, which I deeply appreciate, and thats one of the biggest reasons the future is so bright for the Bearcats. Destrehan comes through in the end and wins a state title against Ruston. FRESHMEN COACHES: Bryan Beck, head coach; Greg Hawkins, OL/varsity video coordinator; Zach Smith, WR (new head baseball coach); Frasier Hogan, strength and conditioning. After parting ways with Grambling State football during the 2021 season, former head coach Broderick Fobbs joined the Ruston staff for the 2021 season after some influence from his daughter. Ruston (13-1) did not get a first down the first four times it had the ball. The Bearcats lack of Power Five talent didnt matter as they ran away from the defending Class 5A state champion 37-22 in a game that was never close. Email him at jwatson@shreveporttimes.com and follow him on Twitter @JimmyWatson6. Career highlights Childress graduated from Ruston High School and played on the 1947 state championship football team. Two weeks ago, Ruston beat rival West Monroe for the first time in 32 years, snapping a 33-game losing streak in the rivalry to win the district championship. Its probably the diverse coaching staff and background that Ive worked with and its really good to have.. The community needed this and we came through for them., RUSTON STRONG:No. Congratulations Coach Broderick Fobbs! - Louisiana Tech Head Coach Sonny Cumbie has added another piece to his coaching puzzle as Nathan Young will serve as the Bulldogs offensive line coach. Select Departments High School Ruston Junior High Abigail Ambrose English Teacher (6-12) Ruston Junior High . St. Charles comes back on Dunham and wins 2nd consecutive state title, Brother Martin, John Curtis coaches say what could decide the Division I select state championship. Thats how Kyle saw himself, as part of an organization working together for a common goal. The combination of coaching Division I college football, at a place that Renee and I love, and to team up with Jay again, was just overwhelming. As a former college football head coach Fobbs adds to a strong RHS coaching corps that includes former NFL players Kyle Williams and Ken Wright. As a hard-nosed running back for Carroll High School and Grambling State University, Broderick Fobbs always seemed to land on his feet. Ive never been a math major, he said Wednesday while driving to his daughters basketball game in Louisiana. He said he gets asked it all the time. 318-255-2658 Guidance Fax . Well, I had some opportunities in the NFL when I got done, he said. utah average temperature in summer Destrehan comes through in the end and wins a state title against Ruston. On top of sharing his coaching wisdom among the staff, Baugh said that Fobbs has been huge for the players. Williams played 183 regular-season games for the Bills, the most of any defensive player who spent his entire career in Buffalo. Ruston school consolidation toppled at polls. So, Ive got a full-time job. Appropriate action has been taken and the parties involved have agreed that Coach Joe Spatafora will remain an employee of the Union Parish school system and will return as the head coach of Union Parish High School for the 2020/21 football season, assuming certain conditions are met.. We definitely have some kids who are capable of playing at the next level, Baugh said. The Neville Tigers and Ruston Bearcats have met every season since 1931, making the series one of the oldest in Louisiana. Ruston, which defeated No. His last year as defensive coordinator was 2011. Here is your 2022 varsity football schedule! But for Williams, the decision to walk away from the game came down to family, and to some simple calculations he did during his final year. Brad Laird is leaving his job as Ruston High School head football coach to become the defensive coordinator and associate head coach at Northwestern State University. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It had gotten to where West Monroe was the best team we played and its hard when you play the best team on your schedule in the last regular-season game., LA. There are times when he misses the camaraderie of an NFL locker room, being part of a team in Buffalo, a community he grew to love. We were trying to get a pass rush on him with just the guys up front as few as you can so we could play coverage behind it, Baugh said. Bearcat fans! I dont just coach football, he said. Highlights from Ruston's 27-21 win over Neville. Lincoln Parish Schools . The other two wins came in the quarterfinals the past two seasons. The Bearcats missed two field goals in the second and third quarters, one from 44 yards that missed to the left and the other from 42 that landed short. Fobbs' new position officially began in the spring and he has been helping with the running backs and kick off returns for the Bearcats (4-1) but really holds an advising position. 22 recruit in Louisiana, and the No. Go Cats! Through a devoted coaching staff and a supportive administration, faculty, and staff, our student-athletes are offered . I get to see her in the halls.. They beat us in the state championship game and the district games. According to 247sports, Breaux is ranked as the No. 819 overall recruit in the country. Physically, he could have kept going when he retired from the Bills after the 2018 season, his 13th in the league. It was nice, of course, to be able to head back to his family after a short stint as a volunteer. Ruston High School 900 Bearcat Drive Ruston, LA 71270 318-255-0807 318-251-2202 Fax. Blood, a Missouri commitment, had six receptions for 118 yards. If you want a pest-free patio this spring, the most important thing you can do is take away those elements that bugs find desirable. Players (3) Staff (1) Do you have a team photo? Heres what Destrehan expects to get from Ruston in the Division I nonselect football championship. Grambling State football coach Hue Jackson on Deion Sanders, impact on HBCUs, Reading, football make Neville's Matthew Fobbs-White a Division I recruit, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. On the Tiger defense, edge Matthew Fobbs-White is somehow related to the Ruston coach, Fobbs said. Few would argue that thereve been more talented Bearcat teams that haven't made it this far and this 2022 team has a chance to advance to the Caesars Superdome and play for a state title if they can get past Zachary (9-2) this week. Eugene completed three passes to senior wideout Daniel Blood for gains of 15, 12 and 28 yards during the winning drive.