However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Getting the more vanilla stuff out of the way, there has always been lots of complaints about CTD and their customer service. The RIP bullet is a particularly vicious-looking round. When you leave www.ammoland.com to make purchases please be sure of what you are agreeing to buy and have applied all the appropriate coupon codes (subject to expiration out of our control) or taken the necessary steps to reproduce our highlighted deals in your shopping cart at these third party retailers. View. The guy who re-certifies me for my permit always reminds us that ANYTHING can be scrutinized and he has mentioned there have been cases where modifying the trigger, or having punisher grips or emblem on your weapon, or ammo or anything can be used against you. To add insult to injury, CTD also made an announcement that they were suspending future online sales of firearms, even though firearms accessories would continue to be sold (at the newly inflated prices). They specialize in creating what people call novelty ammunition. This can be attributed to the same clogging issue that can cause JHP rounds not to mushroom. I wrote them about this fact and they ignored it then wrote back to inform me that my many different orders were going to be shipped yesterday. The Radically Invasive Projectile, or RIP bullet, uses machined copper-tipped bullets to make multiple penetrations into a target, including the main body of the bullet, creating up to nine different wound channels. Ammo below! This technology later carried over into the home defense market, as private individuals looked for home defense ammunition that would not penetrate multiple walls or the exterior of a house. While the concept of hollow-point bullets and RIP rounds have been debated in the past, the US government has not taken the official leap to outlaw this type of bullet. The RIP Ammo yes. Illinois Cities: Chicago. Sportsman's Guide has 20 round boxes of G2 Research RIP, .380 ACP, HP, 62 Grain ammunition for sale at $37.99 a box with FREE shipping for members. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. The name of the round and the way the box is printed, making the name look like something off a heavy metal album cover, isnt going to help your case. This means that all other ammunition is legal, including hand loads, law enforcement ammo, and the nastiest hollow points you can find. Hate to say it, but those kind of shady business practices are ubiquitous in the gun industry. 7 Separate Wound Channels. Copyright 2023 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. RIP came on the market with a lot of hype. To review, RIP is a 92-grain bullet rated at 1250 fps and 319 ft/lbs. G2 Research bills the RIP as a revolution in self-defense ammunition. As the days went on, more and more retailers decided that the ruling did in fact allow high-capacity magazines to be sold to Californians. Like most admit, they missed some shots because their heart was pumping like crazy. 2b1ask1. G2 Research Rip Ammo 9mm Features and Specifications. As Globalsecurity.org describes it, This maximizes the round's transfer of energy to the object and minimizes the chances that pieces of the bullet will exit the object at dangerous velocities. Never have i or will i buy from them, i stick to academy for ammo needs. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. See - that was easy. $41.60 20 Rds. Anything and everything can be used against you. It was slow going at first, as everyone was caught off guard, including retailers, and so only a few were willing to take the risk to start selling magazines to California. For instance, if you are looking for ammunition to blow through during a day at the shooting range, you may not want to spend the money on a box of RIP rounds. YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing. Given that each trocar is about 6gr and penetrates a maximum of 6, they arent likely to do a lot of damage to critical organs. 380 Automatic Colt Pis. Study your state statutes on deadly force and study the type of ammunition thats right for you to stop the threat without harming others, hence hollow points. Anyone choosing to use RIP should spend some time on the range to sight their EDC gun in with it before taking it out on the street. Mike is retired and currently lives in rural Virginia with his wife Steffi, who he met in Europe on one of his many overseas trips. The question is HAS someone used ammo choice specifically against someone in court? Here we have bulk ammo, cheap Winchester White Box .223, steel-cased TulAmmo 9mm, Winchester White Box 5.56, Sellier & Bellot 5.56, Winchester White Box 9mm, and TulAmmo .223 all for 3 to 5 times their normal price. According to their website, my product hasn't shipped. The G2 Research R.I.P. This is not the issue. Mind you, after that insulting email about "Those of us who learned to uphold certain values (obviously not accountability, loyalty or honesty) as boy scouts". Deciding whether or not the increased cost of RIP rounds is worth it to you will largely depend on what youre looking for in your ammunition. I also hear some people cautioning others to even avoid using ammo like Hornady Critical Duty, because its what police and the FBI use. Privacy Policy. The wound channel. 10MM. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. please remember, ANYTHING can be used to show intent. :). Widely considered the most lethal ammunition on the planet, RIP rounds are changing the way that gun owners protect themselves, their loved ones, and their property. PC Member. Most, if not all, retailers were hit with a flood of pent-up demand from those of us behind enemy lines. This amount of penetration also means the RIP bullet has the ability to initially penetrate sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, (and) heavy winter clothing and still have enough energy to enter a human body and make contact with internal organs. This includes protecting your ammo in a mag carrier. A subreddit to discuss the concealed carrying of weapons (CCW) and other self-defense topics. This anonymous data helps us to better understand users' needs and customize the website accordingly. guns & But if anyone had experienced what you asked I definitely would like to know. The most important thing is that you can safely use the ammunition that you choose for your weapon. I called customer service and she told me she saw my order but it did not go thru, but didn't know why. Furthermore, the round penetrated to only fourteen to sixteen inches. All in all, RIP rounds perform pretty much as advertised. However, there were a couple of hold-outs, one of which was CTD. After Freedom Week, CTD quickly returned to its standard policy of basically shipping nothing firearms-related to California. 115 Gr - $2.08. Sort By Most Recent Oldest Gun accessories that aid in aiming such as tritium iron sights, lasers, and red dot sights are now commonplace on long guns and increasingly handguns. 5 Fragments plus Slug: 6 Total. G2 took the idea to the next level by producing an unusual precision CNC-machined pure copper bullet. TulAmmo 9mm is normally 14 cents a round, but CTD is asking for almost 70 cents per round a 5x increase in price. Truthfully, the need for this type of ammo for home defense purposes has plenty of contingencies itself. Those words paint a great picture of how powerful this new type of ammunition really is. A lawyers job is to tell a story the way they want and spin the facts to help substantiate their version of the story. Only now that ammo is 19.89 a box! You carry a gun! So yeah I get it no ones forcing ppl to pay these prices but Guess what they are. consuming is consuming regardless of the productS or goods. As a result, AET rounds quickly lose energy which minimizes the risk that harm will be done to a secondary or unintended target. ***UPDATE*** As of 3-17-2020, CTD is still at its old game of charging huge prices during times of emergency buying. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Widely considered the most lethal ammunition on the planet, RIP ammo rounds are changing the way that gun owners protect themselves, their . Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. Ideally, according to the FBI, a round fired into an assailants body will immediately produce an involuntary incapacitation. The assailant will no longer be physically able to continue an attack against you. This is representative of all of the ammo Cheaper Than Dirt has for sale right now during the Corvid-19 state of emergency. Sometimes they have deals, but why is there so much hate around Cheaper Than Dirt? Has this ever happened in a court case? Heavy clothing, bone, or a bad angle of entry can all reduce penetration and damage. Xpost, Scan this QR code to download the app now. Dont do stupid stuff. Anytime a new technology is introduced in any industry, there is a higher price tag attached to it and ammunition is no different. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. Any that we do find currently in stock sell out in minutes or hours. Maybe NOT, POF 5PK MP5 The Budget Reverse-Stretch Semi Auto from Pakistan, ATI Schmeisser 5.56/.223 AR15 60 Round G2 MLE Magazines just $39.99 each ~ VIDEO, Survival Deal: Thyrosafe Potassium Radioactive Iodide Tablets $21.95 FREE S&H, Ammo InStock: Remington Ammo 22LR Golden Bullet 36Gr 1400 Round Bucket $104.49, Brownells Coupon Codes www.brownells.com Updated Monthly. However, Im sure RIP came first, and then they thought up a name to match the acronym. A bullet that can stop an assailant in their tracks. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and making them buy at premium prices. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Fragmentation plays a role because it creates more wound channels and increases the chances of hitting vital organs. Solid Copper / Lead Free. Even if the price is right on an item or two , youll pay through the nose on what they wanna charge you for shipping . G2 Research RIP 9mm Radically Invasive Projectile 92 Grain HP 20 Rounds. That sounds pretty good on paper. This cookie is used to keep track on user informations and reports it to Alexa analytics service. Research into bullet technology has led to the development of hollow point bullets, among others. ; CT, NJ: Pistol Permit# Required. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Ive heard of people having concerns about using ammo like the G2 Research R.I.P. As I discussed earlier, handgun rounds generally dont have the energy to produce devastating hydrostatic shock. I was dismayed to find that they are so disliked, but now I can completely empathize as to why this is the case. This includes protecting your ammo in a. . Proof that the RIP ammo is a terrible self-defense load. TulAmmo 9mm is normally 14 cents a round, but CTD is asking for almost 70 cents per round . I'm glad to hear people are fighting back. This is why larger bullets do more damage and why JHPs mushroom. The answer to this question is both yes and no. Since RIP rounds fall under the heading of hollow-point ammunition, it is legal to purchase in the United States. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. AET rounds were originally developed in the 1970s as a response to a. wave of international and domestic airline hijackings. The RIP bullet is a 92-grain bullet with a muzzle velocity of 1,250 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 319 foot-pounds. As is always the case, we like to provide our readers with a list of the benefits and drawbacks of potential investments they are going to make in personal defense. Theres also voluntary incapacitation. Boxes Per Case. Select what level shooter you are! However Hornady Critical Duty or Critical Defense have come up many times as positives for the reason you cited. While the concept of hollow-point bullets and RIP rounds have been debated in the past, the US government has not taken the official leap to outlaw this type of bullet. Solid Brass Projectile / Lead Free. I also decided that since this business would likely continue this sort of crap with other people that maybe the Attorney General's Office of Texas would like to know about their price gouging during a national emergency. . Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Nothing was ever mentioned about these long delays, as I thought I was making a purchase on an item which was in stock. Based on that belief, we strive to ensure that you are constantly informed of the advances in firearm technology and the pros and cons that come with them. Video Transcript: Instead of the $50 refund, Freedom Munitions promised me, I got 40 pages of bankruptcy . Remember, Not everyone trains like BJ Baldwin does. Updated: 0m ago. However, this is only the base of the bullet after the trocars have broken off. At least they are giving customers the option of pre-ordering to have the ability to get in line for ammunition purchases and they do not charge your credit card until the order ships. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. So it really is the last round youll ever need.. Widely considered the most lethal ammunition on the planet, RIP rounds are changing the way that gun owners protect themselves, their loved ones, and their property. Base Penetration: 14-16+". That means that each bullet is consistent when compared to the other bullets in each lot. During those times you'll have to really limit your target shooting but you'll have enough on hand for whatever comes your way. I wont buy from them . Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I tested this, so I could be wrong since DE neglected to give us the specific details of Ammo case mod. G2 Research ammo product listing from top vendors. If any of the pre-ordering, waiting, and running the risk of cancellations or other delays is a problem for you please do not order from them as we have no ability to address any issues with your order once you place it with Sportsmans Guide which is a third party retailer from AmmoLand News. They gouge on shipping like at an unbelievable rate . But for those who need ammo (or any scarce product) RIGHT NOW, they should have the option to pay for that. The bullets are solid copper, so there are no concerns about the ill effects of lead exposure to people or the barrel of your gun. Quantity: 500 Rounds. While not ammo related I did find one story about a Cop who had Youre f*** printed on the dust cover on his service rifle. You do not pay During that 6 to 8 weeks, week 7 in fact, Freedom Munitions declared bankruptcy. (Radically Invasive Projectile) features a unique one hundred percent copper petaled-trocar design which gives it the ability to not only penetrate deep into a target but also fragment in fluid. They suck . But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. You need at least 550 ft/lbs of energy to begin causing much hydrostatic damage. If you are going to build a new ammunition, shouldnt you take into all factors of firearms, especially when the unsupported chamber is a known and often discussed element of some guns, especially in reloading . Yes, you can protect yourself with traditional ammo. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Caliber: 9mm Luger. P.S. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. Or the Cutting Edge Personal Home Defense. It might be cheaper to just pay off your mugger. Most damage takes . Probably your best bet would be to focus on the fact that it is a fragmenting round that helps prevent over-penetration so as not to be a risk to bystanders. Bones, fat, organs, and body position will all affect penetration. you a link to reset your password. The idea is that a single 9mm RIP bullet will produce nine separate wound channels in an assailants body. ; CT, NJ: Pistol Permit# Required . Back in the day, I used to walk into their retail store in Fort Worth which seemed more like an army surplus store. Of course, I've never bought a firearm from them either. Then check out our informative comparisons of 10mm vs 357, Rimfire vs Centerfire, .380 vs 9mm, Brass vs Steel Ammo, and .308 vs 5.56. USA -(Ammoland.com)- Sportsmans Guide has 20 round boxes of G2 Research RIP, .45 ACP, SCHP, 162 Grain high-quality self-defense ammo for $43.69 in stock and shipping for FREE for members. How did it go? Most people agree that jacketed hollow points (JHP) are the best self-defense round. The round that has taken the personal defense world by storm: the G2 Research Radically Invasive Projectile (R.I.P.). Can Gun Inscriptions Be Used Against You in Court? However, what you need to remember is this, adrenaline is a bitch when youre trying to aim unless you practicea lot. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Due to the power that they contain, RIP rounds have been widely debated, primarily because of the damage that they can cause to their targets. By comparison, a typical 124 grain nine millimeter Luger round has a muzzle velocity of 1,120 feet per second and 345 foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle. I only buy 45, 9mm, and 380 ammo by the case.if I get down to 250 rds I'll order another case. If the round does pass through a human torso, it has little energy to continue to pass through walls and other barriers to pose a danger to innocents. Common slogans on ammunition advertisements include: "This ammunition is designed for military specifications, for consistent stopping power," "Deep penetration and bullet expansion for the largest exit wound," "This ammunition has been improved with engineering genius, ensuring the ability to stop any . Weve scoured the dark corners of the internet and ventured into the depths of firearms forums to see if our experiences lined up with other gun owners when it came to Cheaper Than Dirt. Test results indicate that each trocar penetrates between 3 and 6 after breaking off. If you believe that, I also have a bridge to sell you. I've heard of people having concerns about using ammo like the G2 Research R.I.P. Regardless of the reasoning, it still left a bad taste in many peoples mouths. Specifications. During Freedom Week at the end of March of 2019, Californians were blessed by the patron saint of the Second Amendment, Judge Roger Benitez, and had the right to purchase high-capacity magazines (standard-capacity for those of you living in free states) briefly reinstated.