I agree to receive emails from Green Car Reports. The Toyota RAV4 Prime uses a J1772 charging port, also known as a j-plug. Better yet, it starts at just under $40,000 and comes with Toyotas legendary reliability too. RAV4Resource is an independent TOYOTA enthusiast website. Its a more affordable option and we both like and dont like how EvoCharge prices it. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The average time for a full charge is 12 hours using the Level 1 charger. A quick video to show you how I charge my RAV4 Prime 2021 XSE. Charging stations can be found at grocery stores, parking garages, and other locations. 2023 Toyota RAV4 Prime SE: $41,590. Stay connected on the road. alloy wheels provide a dramatic flair and show off this SUVs sporty side. The Emily GT prototype looks like a Saab descendant and shows off in-wheel motor performance, but it's unlikely to ever be made. The best level 2 charger for the RAV4 Prime. Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) multimedia display features a host of entertainment and streaming services. Yes! In general, RAV4 Primes performance will be affected just like a gas-powered vehicle. In RAV4 Prime XSE, each seat is wrapped in premium SofTex-trimmed materials for maximum style and comfort. 2023 Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE: $45,460. That means that this plug-in hybrid electric SUV will get a full charge from a household outlet (120-volt) in 12 hours. . Notify me when someone replies to my comment. How much cleaner is RAV4 Prime than gas-powered vehicles? The Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) warns you when a vehicle in the next lane enters RAV4 Prime's blind spot on either side of the vehicle. RAV4 Prime Gas Mileage and Charging . You will, however, need a proper 240-volt receptacle to plug a Level 2 charger into and that will require professional installation. function createQryStr(usprivacy) { The RAV4 Primes owners manual doesn't actually instruct owners why they'd want to use charge mode or how it can benefit efficiency, leaving owners to figure that out. I promise its a simple process, and once you have all the facts, you will feel confident driving and recharging your new RAV4 Prime. It makes we wonder what would attract people to buy the Prime if they can essentially have the same car and can still help the environment by buying the hybrid. GoGreen Power 6' 3-Wire Dryer Cord, Gray, 27106 - Walmart.com. The Toyota RAV4 Prime XSE with a Premium Package is the quickest option. It seems as if its impossible to see gas at $2 a gallon anymore but until that glorious day comes, we are stuck with expensive gas which also means that now we need to consider the is this efficient factor even more when buying a new or used car. } A full charge using a public charging station (240V) with the 6.6 kW onboard charger (32A) takes only 2.5 hours. RAV4 Primes steering wheel and shift knob are wrapped in soft leather and feature red contrast stitching for an authentically sporty look. XSE AWD SUV: $41,425. Your email address will not be published. The hybrid gets 36 mpg and at 3.50 per gallon, thats 10 cents a mile so it looks like its cheaper to drive the hybrid! You can plug in your car before bed but not have it start charging until 2AM. Get all the driving info you need projected right in front of you with RAV4 Primes available Head-Up Display (HUD). Some newer homes mightve been built with 240v outlets, so you might already be equipped with a Level 2 charging cable if youre lucky. How much power does it take to charge RAV4 Prime? Intended for highway use, Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) lets you drive at a preset speed. RAV4 Prime XSEs 19-in. Heres the link: https://rav4resource.com/toyota-rav4-prime-worth-it/. Stay up to date on your RAV4s information. Required fields are marked *. Intuitive pinch, zoom, tap and swipe gestures create a familiar smartphone-like experience while giving you easy access to the features that matter most. I think this is important because maybe you just want a quick EV charge during a long road trip. (120V 12A) When using a public charging station (240V),RAV4 Prime can be fully charged in as little as 2 hours and 30 minutes with the 6.6 kW onboard charger (32A). Actual EV Mode range will vary depending on a number of factors. Now, if you are charging the battery at a public station, you will only have to wait around 2 hours and 30 minutes for a full charge. 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime: Can its charge mode help boost MPG? This standard comprehensive suite of six advanced safety features is designed to help keep you out of harms way. And dont worry, if your battery ever runs low, RAV4 Prime will seamlessly shift into hybrid mode to keep you going. Jonathan runs RAV4Resource.com and owns a 2021 Toyota RAV4 LE. Website management by Buckley Web Services. Once it was topped off, I reset the trip computers various mpg and EV usage figures to begin the testand I simply repeated this pattern as long as needed. What kind of charger does a RAV4 Prime use? Faster charging by up to four times, Primecom Level 2 chargers are compatible with all brands of EVs, PHEVs, and plug-in hybrids. I would not recommend purchasing a RAV4 Prime in order to save costs, especially because it no longer qualifies for a tax credit. Visit my shop to see the most popular modifications and accessories for the Toyota RAV4. Adaptive Cruise Control; All Wheel Drive; Exterior Parking Camera Rear; Blind Spot Monitor; . No, but it is generally advantageous to keep it charged. Incredibly powerful (you can charge up to 37 miles or range per hour), Able to schedule charging for off-peak hours, Your account also shows data from public ChargePoint stations, Charge up to 7x faster than a conventional wall outlet, Wi-fi enabled to access unique charging features, Only up to 40 amps (though JuiceBox sells other models if you want more), Can charge up to 5x faster than a Level 1 charger, ETL listed and safety certified by independent testers, Youre not paying for things you dont want or need, Up to 25 miles of range per hour of charging, Wall-mounted holster and cord holder included, The 25 foot cable version costs quite a bit more. A green battery indicator means RAV4 Prime can run on the electric motors only. You will use the base 3.3kW onboard charger. With a starting price of $38,100, the RAV4 Prime SE is the more affordable of the two. RAV4 Prime's available 10.5-in. Through 2030, Toyota will invest more than $70 billion globally in vehicle electrification including up to $35 billion in battery electric vehicles. to 90% capacity. I actually wrote an article about whether or not the RAV4 Prime is worth it. With an active Wi-Fi Connect trial or subscription, you can easily connect up to five devices. Of course, its less expensive and more eco-friendly to keep it charged. And EVs still cost a whole lot extra in some cases to insure. i only press normal mode when i have to pass slow drivers or if i have to go up a slight incline. With wireless Apple CarPlay compatibility, you can use your compatible iPhone with RAV4 Prime's audio multimedia system to get directions, make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music, while staying focused on your commute. Is the charging equipment included? Where is the plug-in location on the vehicle? A 3.3-kW/240-volt setup reduces. Less waiting, more fun. What that means is that the RAV4 Prime simply cant accept the maximum output these chargers are capable of. Yes. Fuel efficiency is listed on a vehicle window sticker. The 50-49 vote rescinds stricter standards for emissions from heavy-duty trucksalthough a veto could revive their implementation. return cvalue; In our testing, we managed to drive for 32 miles. Up to a 10-year trial included. Destination Charge. Depending on the cost of electricity, it can also cost less per mile to drive on electricity versus gasoline. The 6.6KW charging option is great on the road, while shopping or dining, using public stations. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Toyota Prius Prime RAV4 Mirai Scion EV Charger Plug in Hybrid charging Cable OEM at the best online prices at eBay! As it turns out, Level 1 charging is quite slow and will take about 12 hours, so if you want to speed up your charging time considerably, opt for a Level 2 charger. Lets take a closer look at level 1 and 2 chargers below. Average Retail Price. Between the two, Read More The Toyota RAV4 EV Mode Explained (Prime vs. Every Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty for 2023 models provides coverage for 10 years from date of first use or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first. With an active Drive Connect trial or subscription, Destination Assist allows you to talk to a live agent while they help you find your destinations coordinates along with directions on how to get there. But now we are told the Rav4 Prime we have on order will not qualify for the new IRA tax credit. What separates RAV4 Prime from other RAV4 Hybrid models? And with a standard 3-month SiriusXM Platinum Plan trial subscription, youll always be up for the drive. 2023 Prius review, Accord Hybrid safety, Daimler charging network Review: 2023 Toyota Prius looks like an electric sequel but fits the Chevy Bolt EV axed, Tesla range degradation, Honda EV timeline, airless Review: 2023 Toyota Prius Prime plug-in reboots Volt formula, GM to discontinue Chevy Bolt EV, Bolt EUV at end of 2023, Costco has no plans to add EV charging as a traffic-driver, Lucid Gravity electric SUV is being road-tested, official debut soon, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. In the U.S., Toyota currently offers 14 electrified vehicles, including the battery electric bZ4X, fuel cell electric Mirai, and the plug-in hybrid electric vehicles Prius Prime and RAV4 Prime. queryStr += "&topic=" + encodeURIComponent(topic); Some versions of the RAV4 come with the optional 6.6-kW Level 2 charger. I just think people think the more electrified the vehicle is, the more money they will be saving. No problem. Hi Jonathan, Both Level 1 and Level 2 charging are, however, an option. Turn up the convenience with a touch of RAV4 Primes available 10.5-in. Another similarity between the RAV4 Prime and Hybrid is that they both feature a 2.5-litre four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle gas engine. Total MSRP. but a bit more than the Ford. Accounting for an 80% charge from the onboard charger, the RAV4 Prime should have gotten 33.6 miles of electric range and it was short of that on both legs. permutive.addon("web", { page: {"user":{"latitude":null,"longitude":null,"city":null,"region":null,"state":null,"countryName":null,"zipcode":null,"postalCode":null,"stateCode":null,"countryCode":null,"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"},"title":"2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime: Can its charge mode help boost MPG? We are extremely disappointed as it appears we will not be able to buy a Prime in 2022. 2023 Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. All information applies to U.S. vehicles only. An 18.1-kWh battery pack is thoughtfully placed under the passenger cabin to enhance driving and riding comfort. Multiple options are available for 240v charging speed with the PRIME. RAV4 Prime comes with a standard-outlet charging cable rated at 120V/12A. RAV4 Prime is our most powerful RAV4 yet, with an impressive 302 combined net horsepower. else { Your Offer . But just to remind you, you can have peace of mind that you wont lose power during a long road trip. And we hope to see more Prime versions of other Toyotas in the future because as the name would suggest, they seem to be worthy of top billing. Hopefully both of those problems are now remedied as Toyota confirmed to Green Car Reports at the end of last year that it plans to deliver 20,000 Primes each year going forward and that it will be available nationally. Using a 16-Amp Level 2 charger will drop that time to 4.5 hours and using a 32-Amp unit will drop if further still to just 2.5 hours. The 12.3-in. And when youre in reverse, the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) helps detect vehicles approaching from either side, warning you with side mirror indicators and a warning tone. This 2023 Toyota RAV4 Prime SE is for Sale in Oakdale, NY. i will now also put the prime in eco mode as a driving mode for most of my time with city driving. Go ahead, take control. What kind of plug is needed for a RAV4 Prime? queryStr += "&language=" + encodeURIComponent('English'); That will help to keep the prices reasonable for this absolute peach of a vehicle. To charge, go to the right side, and to pump gas, go to the left. Available steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters put RAV4 Primes power directly into your hands for more control, and more thrills, every time you take hold of the wheel. Both Level 1 and Level 2 charging are, however, an option. The charger that I was using was charging at a rate of 5.8 kW, so it's no surprise that it added about 10 miles onto the battery in the 49 minutes that I charged it, which is what you . What's amazing about the RAV4 Prime is that it's the most powerful RAV4 to date. When fully charged, RAV4 Prime has an EPA-estimated range rating of 42 miles of EV-only driving. multimedia display. Wiith the RAV4 Prime, owners have the option to plug in their SUV to charge up the 18.1-kWh lithium-ion battery pack which is also charged during . Heres how that will affect you. Toyota Audio Multimedia touchscreen gives you access to the updated intuitive user interface, which heightens your interactions through sight, touch and voice recognition by letting you activate the system with a phrase like Hey, Toyota. From listening to music to finding your destinations, and morestay connected to every adventure. if (p === undefined) { Will colder weather affect my EV Mode range? queryStr += '&pageurl=' + encodeURIComponent(window.location.href); if (urlPath.startsWith('/news')) { Year: 2023. What do you think? Its not. Toyota says that it will take about 4.5 hours to fully charge the battery using a 3.3-kW 240-Volt charger and 2.5 hours with a stronger 6.6-kW Level 2 charger. With an 18.1 kWh battery and 302 horsepower, the RAV4 Prime offers an impressive 68 kilometers (42 miles) of range. Designed to enhance every moment behind the wheel, RAV4 Primes available 10.5-in. All in all, you end up with 302 . So if youve been looking to get into a hybrid vehicle, this would be a great option. Will they understand the Prime? var useSSL = "https:" == document.location.protocol; Popular sizes of 240-volt chargers deliver 16, 32, 40 or 48 amps of power. The RAV4 Prime costs more than most of its competitors, . A Level 2 charger is the type you would use at a public charging station. Depending on your electricity rate, you could save money by plugging it in. Up to $750 cash back through Jan 2. No, but it is generally advantageous to keep it charged. Available Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking (PA w/AB) audibly and visually warns you when it detects stationary objects or vehicles approaching from the rear. Available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) is designed to help look out for your safety. The 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime features a 2.5-liter, 4 cylinder engine, paired with two electric motors, as part of a plug-in hybrid engine system with EV and HV modes. If you crave the same fast-charging power at home, it is possible. Now to the question most people have been asking. However, when it runs low, RAV4 Prime will then continue in HV Mode until the battery is recharged. Yes, the Toyota RAV4 Prime can partially charge itself when the engine is running and by using regenerative braking. The Toyota Hybrid System II combines a 2.5L 4-cylinder gasoline engine with powerful electric motors for impressive 0-60 mph acceleration while returning an EPA-estimated 38 combined mpg. RAV4 Prime can help reduce total vehicle emissions by using electricity to decrease gasoline consumption. hey guys. Toyota models, such as the RAV4, Corolla, Camry, Tundra, Highlander and Sienna, continue to be some of the top-selling vehicles at his car dealership. The Prime plug-in hybrid transforms the driving . Today I decided to set up charge schedule. and your credit report must not show more than $1,000 in total charge-offs. Accounting for an 80% charge from the onboard charger, the RAV4 Prime should have gotten 33.6 miles of electric range and it was short of that on both legs. Depending on your electricity rate, you could save money by plugging it in.