I assume this is in the right forum. It stopped reading weight altogether. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Location Bay Area, CA. Un producto que lo recomiendo. If you are considering buying one of these, save yourself the trouble and dont. To turn on the scale and select the desired measuring units, press and hold the POWER button for three seconds until the screen flashes. It's easy! Comments:Would not recommend. 5461 Manchester RoadNew Franklin, Ohio 44319Toll Free: (888) 599-9811Local: (330) 644-5346, 4070 East Harbor Rd.Port Clinton, Ohio 43452Toll Free: (888) 599-9811Local: (419) 573-6650, Mon: ClosedTues - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pmSat: 9:00am - 5:00pmSun: 10:00am - 5:00pm, Only registered users can write reviews. The Rapala 50lb Sportsman scale is tough to change from kg to lb and then to lb, oz. Comments:Bought this as I loved the ability to cull on the scale and it does a great job of this big storing the weights etc. Runs up to 400 hours on two AA batteries (not included). I did it several times and each time I got a slightly different final weight so accuracy is less than ideal. I found the weights to be dead on, if you have inaccuracies, it might be that you tared it incorrectly. June 1, 2009 in Tackle and Techniques. According to an article published by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in 2020, having a reliable scale is an important part of successful fishing. You could not change the weight selection options again. Now it is just bloody awesome!! 1 Questions. Great product. The only way I can continue to use it over a period of time is to take the batteries out of the scale after each fishing trip! 50 lb. Visit our Current Phone & Pick Up Order Hours page to view the most recent hours updates. Whether you fun fish or on the tournament trail. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. And it has a beer bottle opener. Why is my digital weighing scale not working? He used to get upset with the corrections, but now we just laugh and fish on. Health & fitness magazines included in Kindle Unlimited. According to customer reviews on Amazon.com, the scale can accurately display weight when something is hung on its hook, but the memory function does not work consistently. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. Comes with traditional hook as well if you preferred to use that. Easy interface, hardly uses any battery power & very close weights to what is weighed officially. Comments:It was awesome when it worked , Had it 3 weeks and rained on it during a tournament and its junk now , they are NOT water proof so stay away unless youare a fair weather fisherman . Great value. Comments: The reviews aint lying, hopefully, I can return them. . Comments:Great scale until it stopped giving the correct weight after a year of use. Comments:The first one I received was defective. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. I could not get the scale to weigh the first fish. Would not recommend!From: Unknown: Indiana 1/21/21, Comments:This is a great investment. The best way to fix a digital weighing scale that is not working is to check the battery power and replace any low or leaking batteries. Not to mention that fish grip is the way to go. Menurut WebDepok, tahun 2020, digital printing ini menyediakan berbagai layanan yang dapat membantu meningkatkan produktivitas bisnis Anda. Pound or kilogram measure. Scales. It is also important to note that digital scales are often more accurate than analog scales. Comments:Quick shipping, scale is built very well. Not an issue though as I lost my 2nd scale in the same fashion as my first- into the drink! What a hassel! Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. During a tournament I had all my weights marked down go to cull the smallest fish and decided to weigh it one last time and it weighed completely different from the first time so I decided to re weigh all my fish and they were all considerably different than what I had marked down. Fished a club tourney with a guy who caught a spot that came in at a whopping .65#! Other than that, it is a good scale. Would not recommend but maybe I got a bad unit? No luck getting it to work. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Wow these things just dont last. This is critical. Comments:Seems to be fairly accurate but eats batteries like crazy!Even when it is turned OFF, go figure! Comments:Right out of the box the memory doesn't work. Start off with rugged high-grade stainless steel construction for unmatchable toughness against fresh and saltwater environments. Pkfish49 Comments: This is a really good scale. Be careful with it - and you should be good. Digital Fish Range. I did a mod that replaces the hook with a carbiner that I clip my grips into - the scale is tared to the grips so I get accurate weight. Q: Worth every penny of it too. I bought this scale two months ago and the battery light is constantly saying it's low even after trying several new batteries. There are less expensive analog mechanical scales that are probably better suited. How to use the Rapala 25 LB. To the trash it goes. Comments: Simply terrible. I am looking for a scale for the trophy catch program. Not very durable/strong clips imo. Great product, I highly recommend it.From: Chris: Brooklyn, NY 1/26/20. & max. I love the total weight feature too. This deluxe, digital scale model is packed with upgraded features. I prepare to buy one digital weight scale and i think i need require the manual when i buy it. Comments: Just received this scale. I can't stand those "Here's my PB, what does it weigh" threads. I use it for mixing lead alloy. I'll try mine when I get a chance to make sure. Powered by a single 9V battery, the Rapala Pro Guide Scale offers up-to 500 hours of use and features a convenient battery life indicator on the display.To help preserve battery life there is an automatic 4 minute shutoff when the scale is not in use. unfortunately, I must echo the sentiments of all the previous reviews DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Dry or die its a fact .. Comments:I got this scale as a replacement for another junk scale Rapala sold me. 3 Questions. There was a problem completing your request. It does have some quirks -have to push the screen a couple of times sometimes, or it turns off inadvertently (but it doesn't loose the previous entries), but, in general, works fine for me. Wish they made the same model in a 25lb max weight. You should not rely solely on this content, and Amazon assumes no liability for inaccuracies. Compared to other scales I've used in the past, it is far superior. Comments: Would not recommend, works if fish doesn't move, if it does unit turns off. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. The scale started at about 5lbs and then gradually went up to the final weight. Comments: GARBAGE, worked once and then quit when I needed it. Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2023. thats just a waste of money! The cull tags are on the cheap side; I use them to guide the fish to a place where I can grab the mouth rather than put the whole fish's weight on the clip. WARNING:Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Pocket size features digital display, tare weight, 4 minute shutoff feature ensures 400 hour life with one 9V battery (not included). Rapala scale not accurate. Pasted as rich text. $31.75 $ 31. So i just got the bright idea to weigh my new born daughter, in a basket and rope, she just turned 3 weeks and wanted to see how much she was gaining, Well, she weighed only 7.12 on the new Rapala digital scale, We just had her weighed and she is 9 lbs a couple of days ago, I know . This has made culling so much easier and saves time on the water. By Albert. Scale feels cheap in the hand but if it proves to be reliable and durable I can live with that. Fogs up and stops working with only the humidity in the air. It just didn't seem to register correctly, I really thoughtthe fish Iwascatching were a littleheavier. Comments: This is a scale you need to buy yearly. Start off with rugged high-grade stainless steel construction for unmatchable toughness against fresh and saltwater environments. Good news it takes a fair good beating and works after its been dropped and thrashed around by a larger fish. This thing powers off randomly while trying to weigh your fish, but the worst part is how inaccurate this scale is. Buddy caught a 6lber and the scale read 2.14. Love the max,min and total display. I'm very disappointed needless to say, I have been looking for a reliable scale for some time now and thought this one would be it but it is not. This was a waste of $40. Mine is on its second year and its all I could want, you can see the screen in bright light - it uses easy to replace household batteries - the fish holder works with least stress or damage to fish, and accuracy when compared to a calibrated digital scale was that it weighed 1/3oz heavy. Comments:I've had this scale a few months now and it has been great. The bag can be thrown away if you are not looking for it and this is where the instructions are on a water resistant sheet, attached inside the bag. Comments:By far, the best scale I have ever used. So I checked tonight, using two What if the defective scale caused me to miss recording a PB? The one I had added an additional 2 lbs. Did i mention it OPENS BEER!? FEATURED PRODUCTS:Rapala RGSDS 15lb & 50lb Scales: http://www.rapala.com/rapala/fishing-tools/scales/digital-scales/Digital+Scales.html?cgid=rapala-fishingTo. You're talking 2% of the scale's max - down that low you're gonna get errors. It is very easy to use, save all your fish to the appropriate #'d bin with a calculated final weight. Every time I fish with Iaconelli, I have to weigh his fish to correct his stated weight. They might work for a month or so if you're lucky, I just put them back in the package and take the junk right back to the store. Nor may it be copied, published, rewritten, or redistributed. I have one and if I remember correctly, to switch it from Kg to lbs you need to hold one of the buttons down until it changes. Easy to use, and seems very accurate. I've tried a bunch of new batteries. You can post now and register later. https://www.amazon.com/ReelSonar-Ibobber-Bluetooth-Measure-Gripper/dp/B07CNHZ8MY. The fit and finish and very nice, if you need to buy a new one once a year its worth the investment. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Digital Kitchen Scale with LCD Display, Batteries Included. It features a large digital scale which is packed with features, yet intuitive in use. A bit cumbersome and once you learn how to store the weights it is nice product. Making it easier than ever to read the weight of your trophy catch, the Rapala High Contrast Digital Scale features a reverse-image LCD for enhanced viewing, even in direct sunlight. Does anyone know if you can fix this and how? The ones I got are plastic clips that have worked really well. Free Ground shipping on orders over $50 | Free Returns, Rapala Touch Screen Tournament Scale 15lb, Rapala Fish Gripper 50lb Digital Scale Combo. Comments:Great product! Takes too many buttons/steps to save weight as well as replace weights when culling. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Here is the link to their website: We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. It's not easy to decide what feature you will like the best with this scale. Would definitely recommend. Once that was sorted out, it took about 6 tries to get a consistent weight reading. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Should be 8 pounds. You cannot paste images directly. - Tare Weight - Memory Back-Up Specifications: - Pack Quantity: 1. this scale dosent seem very curate when it comes to larger bass. A fisherman in the Bay Area of California recently caught a spot weighing in at only 0.65 pounds, showing that even light fish can make the difference in a tournament. Please be advised that we are aware of on going difficulties with the classifieds system. The touch screen is not very workable, have to push on the buttons real hard to register. However, at the end of the day, two of the three clips on the cull tags were broke. Comments:Works good until it gets wet. I just caught a decent size Largemouth Bass and it still recorded 0.0.0. Problem I consistently have, is it will automatically shut off before getting fished weighed. The four star for easy to use, maybe because im 60 and occasionally forget directions. Great for culling as it will store your weights and total for you. Rapala ProGuide Digital Scale 50 LB Rgsds-50 UPC 022677032566 (3) Total Ratings 3. Comments:Rapala should be embarrassed for making this scale, have gone through a few of them . - Heavy-Duty Composite Weigh Clamp or Stainless Steel Hook, - Storage Bag with Sewn In Instructions for Quick Reference. Comments:Awesome scale, to answer Russ, the instructions are on the inside of the black cloth bag that comes with it. From: Garreth: Cape Town, South Africa 6/10/15. Touch Screen Fishing Scale Tournament Model. It stopped working after a few weeks. That fish moved him up a place in the standings. This scale is definitely one of the best options without spending $80-100. Sorry Rapala love the jerkbaits, done with your scales. We have detected that you're using This is an outdated or unsupported browser that doesn't protect your available shopping data. The scale is also waterproof, making it suitable for use in any weather condition. If that does not correct the problem, try removing the bottom plate from your scale as well as the batteries from the battery compartment. or kg., easily record and determine the position of current catch in your weight total. Optional hanger (when used) also interferes with scale operation. Buy it. Comments: Just used this scale at my last tournament. report. I'm sure a lot of these things have been destroyed by people less patient than we ). Comments:Fairly accurate but weighs objects about 0.1 pounds lighter or heavier than they actually are. With enough memory to keep track of 10-fish, the Rapala Pro Guide Digital Scale allows you to keep a running total of your bag, whether its a 5, 6, or 10 fish limit. I'm off toDicks Sporting Goods to return it. Freshwater Fishing - Digital scale problems - I was a little concern the other day when I was on the water my digital scale was not reading correctly (it is a Rapala 0-50 lb. Fish Scale, Backlit LCD Display 110lb/50kg Fishing Scale with Measuring Tape, Electronic Balance Digital Fishing Postal Hanging Hook Scale with 2 AAA Batteries-Fishing Gifts for Men - Black or Blue. Close. Found it to be pretty accurate. Privacy Policy. Comments:I've had great success with this scale. The memory function does not work at all consistently, a weight is stored about 1 time in 10 pushes of the memory button - I would not buy this scale if I needed the memory function to work. I'm comfortable with the accuracy of myRapalaRHCDS50 scale as I've used it on objects with known weights. It stays on zero. The problem is that when I catch small bass under a pound, the scale often registers 0.0.0. Hats off to Rapala for GREAT customer service. Comments: Love this scale its accurate and has great features From: Louis, Comments: Worked good for the first couple times and now its wayyyy off. M3 fastener and a washer fixed the problem. It has a capacity of 50 pounds and can measure weights in both pounds and kilograms. Please try again. Comments:Very disappointed, did not weigh fish accurately was off by a good half a pound. I'm not talking a couple ounces either. Comments:I have found this scale to be very accurate and necessary. I bought mine on sale for a few dollars. Although the buttons and settings may take some time to remember, this scale is accurate and reliable according to reviews from customers on Amazon.com. with precision accuracy. Read This Before Posting! Unlike the previous poster, I've found this scale to be accurate. Holding suspended with a active fish on I find the handle is hard to hang onto when weighing catches over 3 lbs. Comments:Scale is off! If they have a non-Rapala brand digital scale, I'll try it. The Rapala High Contrast 50 lb Scale is a durable and accurate digital scale perfect for anglers looking to weigh their catches. Clips are awful just toss them but the scale is awesome. A little unintuitive to use, but the instructions are sewn into the bag (once you remember how, its easy). I will continue to work with the scale, as I believe this is a quality product. Comments: Loved this scale when it worked. The grip attachment fell from inside the scale after about four dozens of fish, because when fish flap while hanging under the scale, they tend to rotate and actually unscrewed the base of the grip and made it loose. They are the BEST, and its not even close. * Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. I'm a catch and release guy so this scale failed me big time! Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The Tournament Modelfeatures a 15lb. . A user posted an answer on Jul 23, 2013, providing step-by-step instructions for resolving the issue. Sportsman's Digital Scale. You can find the clamp at tacklewarehouse. Rapala has been the favorite fishing lure since 1936. Digital Fish Range. Maybe not. Have weighed 100s of fish on them and they have been reliable simce day 1. share. Reviewed in the United States on December 21, 2022. You'd be more accurate just eyeballing your fish. TW made it right, as always.From: TunaKiller: Bodega Bay, CA. Comments:This scale would be ok if it was even remotely weather or water resistant. Best Overall: Brecknell ElectroSamson Scale. Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. Easiest to read scale day or night! Comments:Scale is user friendly, and produces very repeatable readings. Take an second of time to sit down, again you won't toss your phone around the boat. I literally have to weigh a fish 5 times to see what weight it lands on the most. They sink like a rock fyi hahah for $40 its impossible to beat this scale. Not a big deal. I was upset when I first got it because it doesn't come with instructions, but you can download them off the Rapala site - http://www.rapala.com/products/tools/touch_screen_scale - so far they are fairly accurate to within a few hundredths of an ounce. Rapala RHCDS50 Scale Not Recording Light Fish, https://www.amazon.com/ReelSonar-Ibobber-Bluetooth-Measure-Gripper/dp/B07CNHZ8MY. Observer available for West end tournaments, Berts Tackle swivel downrigger mounts $225, Camp for Rent on Catfish Creek- Pics Added, FM196 list 5% to one side - 150 and 9.9 kicker, Lake Ontario Charter Boat Association- LOCBA Meeting, Fishing for Hospice Fun Fishing Derby and Fundraiser. In any event, can people please recommend some good alternatives? On the positive side, the scale seems to work great once you work around the poor instructions and using known weights to test the scale is dead on!! Comments:Very Pleased with the scale. Two tournament wins and this scale matched the weigh in scales perfectly. It was great highly recommend it. Amazon has encountered an error. It was awesome in the beginning, but I noticed the battery lid would pop off from time to time and now I'm left with a hunk of junk. 2 4.5 out of 5 Stars. The Rapala Touch Screen Tournament Scale 15lb is an efficient and reliable fishing scale that can weigh up to 15 pounds and runs up to 400 hours on two AA batteries. Paired with Cali Coast cull system, great pair. Comments: This is one of the best scales I've ever owned! Rapala Digital Scale 15 lb . Batteries lasted about 3 years before I had to replace. Checked for accuracy with different weights, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 7, 10, and it was spot on with aver weight and weight combination. The Rapala RHCDS50 High Contrast Digital Scale is an easy-to-use device with a small handle, making it convenient to carry. a good head shake tips it out of your hands. The scale is small, lightweight, and easy to use and store. How does the Rapala Tournament scale work? To set tare weight, hang the empty container that the fish will be weighed in on hook. Comments:scale is great. Paste as plain text instead, Posted by 2 years ago. Don't get the neg comments, but I'm happy with mine. 15 lb. According to Tackle Warehouse, this scale has great reviews from users who find it useful and reliable for their fishing needs. This form is protected by reCAPTCHA, by clicking "Sign me up" the Google I would expand on that but to save time lets just say I was about to contact customer service and decided to play with it to see if the instructions were the problem and immediately realized they were. As a result if you have trouble with a listing and require a refund please email [emailprotected] and include your transaction number, this will get your refund issued in priority sequence. Highly recommend. Going on my third year using it. Only issue is it is always off against tournament scales by a pound or more on total weight and a 1/4 to 1/2 pound on individual fish. It also lets you know the air temp, which is pretty sweet as well. I finally figured out on the one I have 25#/50kg, when it is on, push and hold the memory button for about 5 seconds and it will move to the next scale; ie, kg, # & oz or # with decimal point. High Contrast Digital Scale from Rapala is a great choice for sunny fishing days, featuring a reverse image LCD illuminated screen that makes reading the light text on dark background easy. Can the Rapala RMDS 50 Scale measure weights. Cheap made clips. Works as a great bottle opener though. Highly recommend. Displaying weight in lbs./oz., decimal lbs. I bought this scale and fished a KVD big bass tournament and it was over 1/4lb off, then I fished another tournament and weighed a fish and it said it was 4.60 and the tournament scale said it was 4.96, its a very nice scale and i love the design of the scale but its not accurate. this compact design is the perfect size for storing anywhere. could be because its been in heavy rain a few times and rusted some of the metal internals idk, Comments:For all the ones cutting off take a piece of aluminum foil and fold into a small square where it is about the width of a dime and stick one in with each battery works great. Why do you care about the weight of little fish? Depression on back of scale which holds & stores optional hanger is loose and hanger falls off. sack. Comments:I would tell the weigh in official my weight (+-.12 ounce) before the weigh in was conducted. Thanks guys, jeremyseg had the correct answer and gets a star for the day. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. It worked good at first but now having issues. Wish it were more waterproof, Comments:ive owned this scale for 2 years. Way to much money for what you get.From:Jase: NY 7/10/20. They are semi-water resistant, but leaving this out in a storm/hard rain, or it falls into the live-well for even 1 second, it is toast. Got a second one and it worked for a little bit but after a month went back to the same thing. It will hold fish and they can wiggle all they want, but that grip will not let go as it swivels around while the fish is attached. Does whats needed. Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not a substitute for advice from a licensed health-care professional. Upload or insert images from URL. I've had cul-m-rite and others that are way more expensive and this outperforms all of them. It is important to regularly maintain scales to ensure accuracy and prevent errors from occurring. Level 1 Expert . Comments:Mine worked good for a month and then one day nothing. It stopped reading weight altogether. I contacted TW and sent it back purchased a Bricknell. Powered by a single 9V battery, the Rapala Pro Guide Scale offers up-to 500 hours of use and features a convenient battery life indicator on the display.To help preserve battery life there is an automatic 4 minute shutoff when the scale is not in use. The scale also has an auto shutoff after 4 minutes of inactivity. Today, Rapala lures, knives, tools and accessories are trusted by fishermen in over 140 countries worldwide. Yes you can see the display in the sun a, Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. 1 offer from $25.95. The Rapala 15lb. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Rapala Digital Scale 50 lb at Amazon.com. Comments: Best scale used very accurate best rapala scale made, Exclusive offers sent right to your inbox. Packed with "must-have" features and a fish friendly gripper to secure your catch. * Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. Trigger does not work. Rapala's reputation stems from a towering list of world record catches, the knowledge of our Pro Anglers and a history of unwavering dedication to quality. Comments:This scale is great. Item #: RSDS-50. Scale handle is very small. Comments:Had to send in twice already. gave a Co angler the balls that came with this set. Engineered with a tare feature as well, the Rapala Pro Guide Digital Scale allows anglers to weigh fish in a bag without including the weight of the container in the reading. And I tried turning it off back on weighing several different fish and other objects still same result. I like to way my fish during the tournament day and this scale usually shows a little light on my total but nothing over 3oz . I don't know why they have to make this such a pain to deal with. Runs on 2 AAA batteries (not included). It is important to note that this issue has been consistently reported by multiple users. Comments:Mine is already broken after having it for all of one month. I looked a long time for a digital scale that did not require puncturing a fish's jaw in order to weigh it. I've weighed 5lbs of sugar and flour and a few other things and it's not even close! Discover health tips, recipes, and fitness ideas. Rapala Mfg50 Mechanical Fish Gripper 50lb FREE Returns .