The taste of the water was. locations we used. You cant just describe it, he said. This seems to be the worst of the obstructed view balconies. Any cabin we have been in has been far better than a cave in Afghanistan - so we consider ourselves very lucky. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Queen Elizabeth to Australia & New Zealand, Cabin Type: Balcony (partially obstructed view), Review for Queen Elizabeth to Australia & New Zealand, Review for Queen Elizabeth to Transpacific, Review for Queen Elizabeth to Europe - British Isles & Western. Deck location for the suites . Cruises from $ Overview Cabins Dining Onboard Activities . These are the newest deck plans for Queen Elizabeth Deck 7 deck. They have metal front balconies which are very high, so you cannot see the sea when sitting down. Somber music emanated from speakers at some points. The question consuming everyone: how long, exactly, was the wait to reach Westminster Hall? Staterom size ranges from 520 to 707 square feet includijng balcony. Clearly ill people were not tested as per Cunards published protocols-did Cunard not want to know the true size of the problem for fear of having to report it to the Japanese authorities? Karlie Kloss Announced Her Second Pregnancy at the 2023 Met Gala. We had paid full price for our cabin having booked it about 12 months before the cruise. Thus from exactly 7am until 11pm every day, evening and night of our cruise my wife and I could hear a continual bang bang - bang bang something like a hammer whacking a metal pipe. 12. Pepperrn. For me, personally, Pepperrn's comments have been great as I was thinking of a cabin around the midships on Deck 7 and it is good to know about the lack of noise or vibration. Pink! You\'ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox. Kathi. would have to wear masks for the whole 16 day voyage from Singapore to Tokyo was when we got on board. On another ship we were below the Lido and once below the area like the King's Court and again only once during the Morning Setup did we heard minor noise. Upside; Larger with wonderful views forward. It is interesting that choosing the right stateroom is causing so much angst, so I thought I would start a thread to invite responses about the best and worst of the staterooms on QE. QV - 8078 (PG) - Below a vinyl covered walkway between winter garden and Lido where trolleys trundle over a raised room divider lip and noisy footsteps walking above. Seems to make sense however much I didnt like wearing a mask. Louise D, August 31, 2012 in Cunard Line. Sorry to hear of your bad cabin, but how do you expect Cunard to be able to magically create anempty cabin at the correct grade or better? (As of Friday morning, the estimated wait time for people at the back of the line was 14 hours.). is there much noise from above? . :(. Has anyone spent much time in any of those QG cabins at the stern of QE in recent times to be able to say whether the noise/vibration problems were overcome in the drydock? Our preferences are deck 4 or 7 for PG, and mostly the same for other rooms. - King-size bed that convert to two twins. As an American, I have no stake in the outcome. Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features. Staterooms range from 291 to 420 square feet plus a 90 square foot balcony. Not just the worst cruise we have ever been on but also possibly the worst holiday. If the stories we were told about Covid and Japan were true I do have sympathy with Cunard. It had been a long wait, he added, but Mr. And with the background of floodlit landmarks like St. Pauls Cathedral across the river, many were clearly enjoying the view. I seem to remember there was a bit of early chair scraping first thing in the morning (sorry, can't remember the precise time) but it only lasted briefly. Cabins smaller than 150sq ft Most inside cabins will start in size at about 180 sq ft but it's important to remember that a cruise ship isn't like a big, square hotel on land with hundreds of identical rooms. Drinks are reasonable compared to some cruises but avoid the drinks package unless you are an alcoholic. Queen Elizabeth deck plan view at Cruisedeckplans showing the newest deck plan layouts, public venues and stateroom pictures and our own deck plan pdf (printable version). Close. Better to choose a room not in that area of the ship. Grand Suite Q1 Grand Suite Sleeps up to: 3 4 Staterooms Cabin: 1375 sqft (129 m2) * Size may vary, see details below. At 2 a.m. on Thursday, I joined the end of one of the longest lines Ive ever seen, known as The Queue. A6 Cabins 4003-4042 and A7 Cabins have metal fronted balconies. We stayed in that cabin for 5 weeks (Barcelona to Sydney). If below the Outside Decks or the Lido Decks. For those who are less patient, listings for the wristbands that designate a spot in line were being sold on eBay for as much as $400. Please click a cabin number below for more details about that particular cabin. For those who have stayed in Britannia Club, is there any noise from deck 8 above? These staterooms have a king-size bed which may be converted to twins, and bathroom with shower. Please note that some issues can change from one voyage to the next. If anything, shed be around to enjoy the praise for her decades of uncomplaining, hand-waving, national symbolism. Hopefully they won't take any of the upgrades back. Privacy Policy and First of all, the ship is beautiful. Yes, Pantries can be busy but twice didn't bother us. (Photographs of the cabin, balcony and views via the link below (with more to come)). Thanks for your easy to find pictures. In the meantime, it is releasing live updates on the length of the line, warning people to prepare for overnight waits and to bring food and drink. The purser offered to downgrade us to a cabin on Deck 5 at the very stern of the ship however the downgrade put us off and in any event when I went to inspect that cabin it also had something rattling away in the passageway outside the cabin door. The question is what will her reign become if she is not well enough to actually be seen even in ceremonial roles? Soon the sun would rise over the line of people filing beneath it. We made a spontaneous decision to come, she said, adding that the family had driven down from Bedford, north of London, at around 7 p.m. Wednesday. lol :eek: Beautiful cabin and amazing balcony. The entertainment was a bit patchy with some excellent and some very average but that may be a matter of taste too. would definitely return to cunard. We turn in quite early and could hear the late show. Furthermore, the cabin didn't feel truly private with that ugly door half way down the wall. Beth, it seems that the QG cabins in the stern portion of the ship over several decks were reclassified downwards because of noise and vibration problems. Recycling of food items, corn chowder one night, chicken and corn soup the next. break it to you in a letter inclusive of the masks. Just move your mouse over any stateroom and a pop up will appear with detail information, including a full description and floor layout, and a link to pictures and/or videos. SHIP OVERALL Wheelchair-accessible are 20. Password must be at least 8 characters and contain: As part of your account, youll receive occasional updates and offers from New York, which you can opt out of anytime. Category Q6 and Q7 is 484 to 508 square feet including balcony. I complained to the purser supervisor and was advised the noise was a steam pipe that supplied steam to the dishwashers on the Lido Deck located above Deck 8 but that the noise only occurred between the hours of 7am and 11pm and from 11pm until 7am the steam was turned off so that the banging sound did not occur during those hours. But Tracy Withers, who had started the journey from Bristol in western England at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, said that eventually getting to the finish line would make the wait worthwhile. Booked 8025 once without realising it was linked to another room and we were kept awake for the first few nights by loud conversation in the early hours in either Mandarin or Cantonese. Everything you need to know about fashions Oscars this year. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos. Thousands of people weaved through a line that stretched more than three miles long overnight to see the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II lying in state in Westminster Hall. Yes, always on any cruise line. Discover more Princess Grill Suites Your Princess Grill experience is one of exquisite elegance. The general rule is to choose a cabin where there is a cabin above you and below you. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google explanation through agent and Cunard and NO response - 4 months later! I have them bookmarked because I look at them frequently. The sports areas forward on deck 13 are not above Britannia Club cabins. Afternoon tea in the Queens room was a frantic and chaotic affair attended once, after which we ate, Have just returned from circumnavigation of Australia on Queen Elizabeth. Ate lunch in the Britannia dining room and the Golden Lion, excellent. There is a small "splash pool", two hot tubs and an outside bar (that is rarely open) but they wouldn't cause much noise for the cabins below I would have thought. She just held herself together.. We had one and found we could hear rehearsals during the day. The Queen assures her that shell be happy again in time, if youre patient., Is that it? You may also want to choose a midships cabin to reduce the effects of motion. When she turned 21, she famously declared that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.. Christopher John Rogerss Impressive Luxury. This email will be used to sign into all New York sites. Could you provide a link to the thread with information about the aft cabins on QE? Show more She has spoken up on sensitive issues to quash debates that could mar her eldest sons accession, advocating that Prince Charles be the next Commonwealth leader and that his wife, Camilla, be known as queen. Cabin size: 228 - 352 sq. But for next Christmas on 11 I selected away from connecting rooms (the furthest-back BF cabins on 11 Forward are mostly connecting). All rights reserved. On deck 8 (whilst great location) we did not get hardly any sun on our balconies due to metal overhang. Its unbelievable.. 611. 8039 was a very standard Britannia cabin, nice view from the balcony, quiet in the cabin. I chose Cunard as I have always found them to provide impeccable 5-star service, am Diamond level and have previously enjoyed all aspects of cruising with Cunard. Thanks again! The games deck was the best I have seen for senior passengers but not so for young passengers. Our cabins were very quiet when inside, no noise from deck 9 above us, but as I have stated, our 2 cabins were under a very noisy vent that was annoying when we were out on the balconies. They warned from the start that people would be turned away if officials believed mourners would not make it to Westminster before 6:30 a.m. on Monday. As the ship arrives in port, and then leaves in the afternoon, you get up to an hour of a high-pitched sound from the thrusters.