Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Maryland public school average of 66% (majority Black). The best part of the experience is that upon graduation, you will receive your high school diploma and an Associate's degree. Read 243 reviews. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. The AP participation rate at International Duval High School is ranked 147th There are a wide variety of enriching after-school activities that add so much to the learning experience. within Maryland. In whatever field you decide to be in. Our overall academics as a school could improve but of course that is something that must start at the top of the totem pole. I remember going to the school plays in elementary school and they were magnificent and engraved in my memories. Best School Districts for Athletes in America, Best School Districts for Athletes in Maryland, Most Diverse School Districts in Maryland, Best School Districts for Athletes in Washington, D.C. Area, Most Diverse School Districts in Washington, D.C. Area, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. I would still love to see some things change within the school though. The school system serves a diverse student population from urban, suburban and rural communities located in the Washington, DC suburbs. They taught me how to stand up for whats right. And if you are a parent worried about the academics you have nothing to worry about. 4400 Shell Street. If you missed today's end of school year tips, . Public Charter Schools. As with any school, we have high school spirit with great sports teams. Being in AFJROTC built me as a person. and music learning, while still providing a sound basis of knowledge for any students. Read 2 reviews. Credit: James Johnson of JRJIII Photography LLC, Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan, May 1, It has an annual revenue of $2,410,181,000. Upon entering my junior year I chose to be an engineering track student and it was one of the best choices I ever made. Sasscer Administration Building Featured Review: Senior says Community based classroom is a great school for children who learn better in a smaller setting. The student population of Glenarden Woods Elementary is 455, and the school serves 2 through 5 Read More, Heather Hills Elementary is a magnet school located in Bowie, MD, which is in a large suburb setting. What percentage of students in Prince George's County, MD go to public school? As a rising freshman I attended a program during the summer with this school, also known as Summer Bridge, where future science and tech program students could get accustomed the school life at Charles Herbert Flowers. The teachers and administration work hard to provide engaging learning. Prince George's County Public Schools, MD. 1 Niche users give it an average review of 1 stars. I would love there to be an actual football turf for the athletes, and an auditorium should be added to the school as well. Read 479 reviews. Some improvement I would like to see is the. Senior: I started going to High Point High school in 2019 and now Im graduating in 2023. John Eager Howard. The teachers are knowledgeable and caring, the classes are small, and the administration is responsive. within Maryland. I went here during 6-8th grade, and I loved it. Undocumented and unaccompanied migrant children, particularly among Hispanic populations, are rapidly increasing in number, especially in the southern United States. FDHS has made me grateful and excited to experience life after high school. Read 295 reviews. University Park Elementary School Math: 23% | Reading: 32% Rank: 7/ 349 Niche users give it an average review of 3.2 stars. The principle made it clear the students would be challenged and they have kept their promises. The teachers and staff make sure that no student falls behind by assisting with their assignments and time management. within Maryland. Not much bullying or harassment, although again, it is not perfect. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. For the 2023 school year, there are 208 public schools serving 131,184 students in Prince George's County, MD (there are, The top ranked public schools in Prince George's County, MD are, Prince George's County, MD public schools have an. Featured Review: Niche User says Attending and Graduating from Fairmont Heights was truly an irreplaceable experience. GreatSchools is the leading nonprofit providing high-quality information that supports parents pursuing a great education for their child, schools striving for excellence, and communities working to diminish inequities in education. The student population of Thomas G. Pullen School is 743, and the school serves K through 8 At Thomas Marlton Elementary is a public school located in Upper Marlboro, MD, which is in a large suburb setting. 16 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. Preschools. Prince George's County Public Schools spends $15,903 per student each year. Students Students The teachers are very wncouraging and are willing to help the. Parent: St. John's Episcopal School focuses on high academic standards but also creates a safe and loving environment for all children. The AP participation rate at Dr.Read More, Fairmont Heights High School is ranked 165-211st If you students attends before the 6th grade year theyll be able to experience majority of the art programs. Archbishop Curley High School has molded, shaped, and redesigned me into a young man of many attributes. Featured Review: Senior says Going here for my 4th and 5th grade years due to the TAG program, I had quite interesting time here. I have created great connections with the teachers in the STEM department of my school and they have helped me become the best scientist I can be. Read 1,004 reviews. Because of Curley, and the aid associated around Curley, I am comfortable in my college and career readiness. Read 72 reviews. 147 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. within Maryland. I would like it to be a safer environment, but that will take effort from not only to staff, but also the students. My experience over the past 4 years has been pretty good. This school appreciates extracurricular, the arts. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Not any more. It was just a decent school. Read 336 reviews. 1004 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. Students Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Many of my teachers treated me as if I was there child. Catholic schools can be significantly less expensive than other private schools. Rigorous courses can help students prepare for and get into college, including coursework in STEM subjects. Though it is often. Parent: 3rd year parent. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. 292 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. But overall my high school experience is getting good. Featured Review: Junior says My experience at Frederick Douglass High School has been an interesting one. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. The school provides nothing but guaranteed advantage upon future life endeavors. Read 194 reviews. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Heres how parents can have an influence. In my experience, I have built relationships with the student body, teachers, and individuals who have devoted their time to educate my peers and I. Additionally, I am in the P-TECH program that will allow me to obtain my associates degree in Hospitality Service Management. within Maryland. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Students As we all know athletic competition, by its nature, will contribute to greater student awareness of self-discipline, a growth in emotional maturity, and an increasing realization of the worth of the individual. I do however think that the bathrooms could be nicer. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Wise High School has a soaring. Alum: I've attended CMIT South since the 6th grade, and have just recently graduated. 301-669-6050 Fax No. Private schools in Prince George's County, MD. within Maryland. The staff is very helpful and always look out for their students. The AP participation rate at Parkdale High SchoolRead More, High Point High School is ranked 149th Junior: At Chesapeake Math & IT Academy all students have access to free saturday tutoring and study halls to help enhance the grades of their students. The AP participation rate at CharlesRead More, Bowie High School is ranked 129th 11 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. #3 Best Public Elementary Schools in Prince George's County. Featured Review: Niche User says I met a lot of lifetime friends. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Though it is often viewed as the TAG school within Bowie, but it's honors curriculum didn't seem more challenging than other elementary schools. Read 1 review. My experience over the past 4 years has been pretty good. Offered many opportunities to compete in regional, state and national music and theater events! within Maryland. My favorite moment in this school was when my friends and i organized. Works Here: Out of all of the schools I have worked in, this is by far the best! 295 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. within Maryland. The best public school in the area, especially if you want your child to develop the proper social skills. The bathrooms and classrooms are relatively clean. It created open minds, understand our differences, but at the same time co existing with respect and friendships. Show 100 more public schools in Prince George's County, MD (out of 208 total schools). Prince George's County Public Schools (PGCPS), one of the nation's 20th largest school districts, has 208 schools and centers, more than 136,500 students and nearly 22,000 employees. Its getting more and more diverse by the years which is a good thing. The AP participation rate at Duval High School is 27%.Read More, Parkdale High School is ranked 148th The teachers are amazing and exercise the values of. Niche User: I met a lot of lifetime friends. Continue with Recommended Cookies, Alternative Schools in Prince George's County Public Schools, E = Elementary, M = Middle, H = High, A = Alternative, P = Private, Chesapeake Math and IT South Public Charter. He only had good teachers the 2nd and 3rd grade. Students The AP participation rate at Crossland High SchoolRead More, Dr. Henry A. International Baccalaureate (IB) data provided by International Baccalaureate of North America. Prince George's County Public Schools Rankings Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of data and reviews. Grade Level. The student population of Marlton Elementary is 297, and the school serves PK through 5 At Marlton Read More. The top ranked public elementary schools in Prince George's County, MD are Glenarden Woods Elementary School, Heather Hills Elementary School and Dora Kennedy French Immersion. within Maryland. The AP participation rate at Bowie High School is 37%.Read More, International High School @ Langley Park is ranked 141st The AP participation rate at Parkdale High School High Point High School is ranked 149th The staff at high point are amazing theres so many different clubs to join. The teachers are very wncouraging and are willing to help the students to succeed. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. The AP participation rate at High Point High School Frederick Douglass High School is ranked 151st They were supportive, you could go to them for guidance. 7:00 PM Eligibility for the fall sports season and extracurricular activities will be based on a students fourth quarter GPA at the end of the prior school year. (Conducted using Google Surveys - November 2018), 14201 School Lane, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 2300 Sansbury Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 7302 Webster Ln, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 13601 Baden-Westwood Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613, 12700 Brooke Ln, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 6200 Pontiac St, Berwyn Heights, MD 20740, 1401 Glacier Ave, Capital Heights, MD 20743, 14101 Brandywine Rd, Brandywine, MD 20613, 15542 Peach Walker Dr, Mitchellville, MD 20716, 601 Suffolk Ave, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 401 Jadeleaf Ave, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 8300 Quintana St, New Carrollton, MD 20784, 9822 Fallard Ct, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 2004 Concord Ln, District Heights, MD 20747, 2200 County Rd, District Heights, MD 20747, 1301 Brooke Rd, Capital Heights, MD 20743, 6110 Editors Park Dr, Hyattsville, MD 20782, 1300 Campus Way N, Mitchellville, MD 20721, 8300 Oxon Hill Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 1300 Fillmore Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 11011 Cherry Hill Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, 2301 Scott Key Dr, District Heights, MD 20747, 6720 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd, Clinton, MD 20735, 7200 Gallatin St, Landover Hills, MD 20784, 8801 Ritchie Dr, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 4701 San Antonio Blvd, Andrews Afb, MD 20762, 14111 Oak Grove Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, 9551 Fort Foote Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 8700 Allentown Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 2700 Corning Ave, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 7300 Woodyard Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 7010 Walker Mill Rd, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 11000 Layton St, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, 65 Herrington Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, 1401 Enterprise Rd, Mitchellville, MD 20721, 10205 Lake Arbor Way, Mitchellville, MD 20721, 7101 Good Luck Rd, New Carrollton, MD 20784, 5816 Lamont Ter, New Carrollton, MD 20784, 8506 Old Colony Dr S, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 11701 Duley Station Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 7100 Woodyard Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 4815 Dalton Street, Camp Springs, MD 20478, 6100 Editors Park Dr, Hyattsville, MD 20782, 9570 Fort Foote Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 4410 Bishopmill Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 501 Watkins Park Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, 12500 Fort Washington Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 4949 Addison Rd, Capital Heights, MD 20743, 9925 Rosaryville Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772, 9800 Jacqueline Dr, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 8600 Allentown Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744, 800 Karen Blvd, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 5200 Marlboro Pk, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 12500 Woodmore Rd, Mitchellville, MD 20721, 5001 Flintridge Dr, Hyattsville, MD 20784. Featured Review: Parent says 3rd year parent. Students Within Prince George's County Public Schools, 98.5% of teachers are licensed, and 76.6% have three or more years of experience. Fortunately, I received the opportunity to. Alum: What I liked from Parkdale High School is its environment. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text, #1 Best Public High Schools in Prince George's County, #2 Best Public High Schools in Prince George's County, #3 Best Public High Schools in Prince George's County, #4 Best Public High Schools in Prince George's County, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. 3 Niche users give it an average review of 5 stars. At schools in Prince George's County Public Schools, 49.0% of students are eligible to participate in the federal free and reduced price meal program and 19.1% of students are English language learners. 4400 Shell Street Capitol Heights, MD 20743 Phone No. Featured Review: Parent says St. John's Episcopal School focuses on high academic standards but also creates a safe and loving environment for all children. Of the 200 schools in. Glenarden Woods Elementary is a magnet school located in Lanham, MD, which is in a large suburb setting. Sasscer Administration Building The district has 240 full-time counselors on staff. Consequences for illegitimate behavior however are executed speedily. Read 634 reviews. 153 Niche users give it an average review of 3.2 stars. I love this school. don't care about students, ineffective teaching styles, and little classwork but too much homework) although for the most part I'd recommend this school to anyone. The teachers here are quite strict( in a good way) to the point that your child will be ready for high school. Read 7 reviews. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. My favorite moment in this school was when my friends and i organized a green day fashion show. The student body at the schools served by Prince George's County Public Schools is 3.7% White, 55.3% Black, 2.8% Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander, 36.5% Hispanic/Latino, 0.3% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.2% Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Prince George's County Public Schools, MD 9-12 696 reviews Alum: Oxon Hill is a science and technology school with much to offer. The teachers are constantly reaching out to us and making sure were on the same page. Federal law requires public schools to provide services to all children. Students The average tuition cost is $11,043, which is lower than the Maryland private school average tuition cost of $13,961. Successful districts are working to. I think that being in a college prep school shouldn't only be about academics. Check out our Best High Schools rankings and profiles. They offer programs that will help you in school, college, and discover what you are interested in. within Maryland. Those are two words to describe our experience with Pearson Online Academy as a first-year family. Graduating students showing their college decisions through merch; University Park Elementary School students get ready for MCAP testing with a pep rally! Wise High School has a soaring graduation rate of about 90%. 336 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. These teachers make students feel comfortable as if school was their home. within Maryland. They also prepare you for college.. Senior: I love Tall Oaks because they help you to graduate on time. Even though I loved my high school, their are a few things that I would want to change. I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Housing insecurity has a huge impact on students' education, so some schools are taking action. However your son/daughter(I'm assuming your a parent) will get a very good education as many of the teachers know what they are doing, however don't expect perfectness. 194 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. 4 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. 2,460 Following. Replies. Chesapeake Math and It South Public Charter. Friendly High School is ranked 165-211st In this program, I have received resources and opportunities to prepare me for life after high school. 16 Niche users give it an average review of 3.4 stars. The AP participation rate at Northwestern HighRead More, Central High School is ranked 163rd The student population of Whitehall Elementary is 577, and the school serves K through 5 At Whitehall Cesar Chavez Elementary is a magnet school located in Hyattsville, MD, which is in a large suburb setting. within Maryland. Featured Review: Middle School Student says Flexible, yet engaging! Seniors: share a photo or video announcing your plans for College & Career Decision Day May 1! Read more on how this ranking was calculated. The sports and academic programs are demanding but absolutely great! Prince George's County Public Schools, MD, Senior: Going here for my 4th and 5th grade years due to the TAG program, I had quite interesting time here. 19 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. within Maryland. They care , help, and the most important thing! As with any school, we have high school spirit with great sports teams. This year's . Also, 49% of students are female, and 51% of students are male. Students People were nice and friendly, the atmosphere is really positive and the teachers are very helpful. I would reccomend CMIT South to any student who prefers a smaller school, as it has amazing teachers and staff who have always been supportive and friendly Read 56 reviews. They are resilient. But I'm proud to say that I made it. Alum: What I liked about Largo high school was how the teachers didnt just come to the school to just teach. Students Used with permission. have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. Good or bad! 8:00 PM, 9:00 AM have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams. The minimum grade-point average (GPA) for extracurricular activities is 2.0. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 4.5 stars. There are your occasional fights probably 1 or 2 every other day. within Maryland. From the academics, to the student life, to the faculty and staff, to the overall atmosphere, Curley has provided me with 4 years of excellence. Here are my reasons why. I. Senior: My experience at Laurel High School has been pretty good. Although it can be a little chaotic the first week of school, as many parents drop off/pick up their students, they have made so many strides in communication and organization. Featured Review: Senior says I might be a little bias , however I do believe that I attend the best school in Maryland. Also, 49.0% of students are economically disadvantaged. The student population of Heather Hills Elementary is 349, and the school serves 2 through 5 At Heather Dora Kennedy French Immersion is a magnet school located in Greenbelt, MD, which is in a large suburb setting. But I'm proud to say that I made it through, and graduated with a 3.1.