Aokuso made his professional boxing debut at the age of 24 on April 6, 2022. For the next generation, the skys the limit. He joined the Queensland Academy of Boxing in 2014.[5]. But when the fire for rugby league died out in his late teens and left Aokuso not knowing what to do with himself. I dont know what it was. In the space of seven years, Paulo Aokuso has gone from a total boxing novice to an Olympian. Team Australia. , Dont think the Spaniard shouldve won. There were some dark days, but one thing kept him going. He didnt really take his training seriously. Hes helped me a lot. June 20, 2021 - Present. Paulo Aokuso ( Sweet P) and Yunieski Gonzalez ( The Monster) are scheduled to meet in a heavyweight bout on 12 March, 2023 at the Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Australia. My brother, Austin, he always reminded me every day were doing this for a reason.. ORDER NOW >. Make sure to follow us on Twitter for updates and announcements. Fight vlog out tonight link in bio Hed just tell me that were doing it for mum and dad because they sacrificed their time and money for us to be successful. So, he just rocks up and hes just beating these guys off the bat like it was nothing because he treats it like a game., The difference is hes more structured now, hes very analytical. last 6 result; 2023-03-12: Paulo Aokuso: 3 0 0: Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney Olympic Park L-UD. This is where we laugh because Paulo fought those guys [without training], Moala said. Ive learned to push throughpain and push through barriers.. Aokuso (3-0, 3KO) battles Gonzalez (21-5, 17KO) for the IBO Inter-Continental light heavyweight title at . SAM GOODMAN Age: 24 Hometown: Albion Park, New South Wales, Australia Weight class: Junior featherweight Height: 5-foot-6 (169 cm) Amateur career: Over 100 fights Turned pro: 2018 Pro record: 13-0. Paulo Aokuso made his professional boxing debut against Michael Van Nimwegen at the age of 24 on April 6, 2022, defeating Nimwegen via 5th round TKO. Every second week, every third week. @abeG718. They expect us to be in the factory, but what Im saying is, it doesnt have to be that way. Many people ask about the amount of money Paulo Aokuso makes from Instagram. Fighter Bios. Boxing at Warrior Boxing Gym. Im about to put it up in boxing., Its rather surprising then that as a kid, Aokuso was never into boxing., Playing rugby league and running down the tunnel for an NRL team was always the dream.. Restricted. Druitt, New South Wales, Australia on May 20, 1997. event bout wiki. Gold Coast Commonwealth Games gold medallist Skye Nicolson, world No. Results; Identity; Prize list Tennis v. pickleball heats up as Tom Brady, LeBron James purchase groups. Officers from the anti-gang Raptor squad were at the venue and made OneFour members stand against a garage door . The Boxing match between Paulo Aokuso and Yunieski Gonzalez has ended 10 0. Whatever it was, the talented southpaw, whod just earned selection to the Tokyo Olympics, hadnt heard it yet. Fuelled to keep fighting by his mother's love and sacrifice, Paulo Aokuso is representing a proud community and a rich Polynesian history, while walking the walk as a role model for the younger generation. It's been 1 month and 20 days since this fight. It was after his sons first fight that flicked the switch in Kigilaus mind and led him to believe his son could enjoy success between the ropes. While the rest of the squad was in Colorado Springs, and Justis Huni was preparing for Paul Gallen, Aokuso was running hills in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Inside the fight w Paulo "Sweet P" AoksuoOlympian and reigning Australasian light heavyweight champion is ready to take on the world He will defend his Aus. Hockey followers are outraged by the NHLs jersey cope with Fanatics. Don't miss out on the headlines from Olympics. Thats how scary he is: Aussie boxings freakish Olympic hope, Great mates sail off with major result ahead of Paris Olympics. In the space of seven years, Paulo Aokuso has gone from a total boxing novice to an Olympian. we are from crew @infinity_ink_bali really appreciate it for your time He competes in amateur boxing. GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - MAY 04: Justis Huni, Caitlin Park, Paulo Aokuso, Harry Garside, Skye Nicolson and Alex Winwood pose with officials after the announcement of the Australian boxing squad for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, at Gold COast PCYC on May 04, 2021 in Gold Coast, Australia. For me to experience this with other athletes from Mount Druitt and even be a part of it, its massive, Aokuso said. Hoping Aokuso turns pro soon, #Boxing Aussie Paulo Aokuso very unlucky to lose in a split decision, Im sad for Paulo Aokuso. 2 min read February 21, 2022 - 3:35PM Paulo Aokuso made his pro boxing debut in April of 2022 and for his second opponent he is taking on a fighter who has way 30 fights and experience in Robert Berridge of New Zealand. Just a few months earlier, the then 19-year-old rapper had gone global with his breakout track, Say Less. Paulo Aokuso (born 20 May 1997) is an Australian Samoan boxer. The 28-year-old Sydneysider claimed a maiden world title, securing the interim WBO super-welterweight strap and, in doing so, stepped out of his legendary father's shadow. Register, Join the conversation, you are commenting as Logout. Paulo Aokuso ( Sweet P) is an Australian professional boxer. [3] [4] Early years Aokosu comes from Mount Druitt in Sydney 's west. Here is all you need to know about Tim Tszyu vs. Tony Harrison in Australia. But there are many who believe Aokuso should still be in the tournament. Boxing Record Statistics ". Paulo was born in Mt Druitt, New South Wales, Australia, on May 20, 1997. After a glittering amateur career which culminated in a trip to Tokyo last year, Aokuso turned pro and made his debut in April where he won the vacant Australasian light heavyweight title with a TKO victory over Michael Van Nimwegen. Thats what his motivation is his mum, and creating a future for her.. My dad saw I had it in me and from then on, we just kept fighting, Aokuso said. Who will be the next contender for Jermell Charlo? But when I moved to Sydney, Lomutaught me a lot. MUCH RESPECT FROM US CHEERS @khcreww1, National Basketball Association net worth, Republican Party (United States) net worth, United States House of Representatives net worth, United States Department of the Treasury net worth, Royal National Lifeboat Institution net worth, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds net worth, New York City Department of Buildings net worth, National Grid Corporation of the Philippines net worth, CORRUPTION: What happened to Grant Solomon? A lot of other stuff goes on in Mount Druitt, but at the same time, I wasnt really brought around that. While Aokuso was destined for bigger things on the global stage in Tokyo, to be recognised and referenced by one of the fastest-rising rappers in Australia was something else. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sportal_com_au/f6/5d/paulo-austin-aokuso_uzkt334sbi8q1vqc9wnyii9bg.png?t=-875961918&w=500&quality=80. Goodna is working class, but isnt as tough as Mounty. Boxing. I was going to give it up. Join the conversation, you are commenting as. Hed just tell me that were doing it for mum and dad because they sacrificed their time and money for us to be successful. Yunieski Gonzalez (Cuba) vs Paulo Aokuso (Australia) - Full Fight Highlights Match Outcome Best Odds Bookie; Paulo Aokuso To win: Paulo Aokuso (born 20 May 1997) is an Australian Samoan boxer. Early morning hill sprints for Paulo Aokuso before #Tokyo2020 He caught that cyclist pic.twitter.com/QO7dZN1fMF Brendan Bradford (@1bbradfo) June 24, 2021. The game was played on 12/03/2023 at 02:00, and the implied winner probabilities were: 81.97% (Paulo Aokuso), 3.33% (X), 16.13% (Yunieski Gonzalez). Aokuso catches and passes a cyclist towards the top of the hill on one of his last reps. Moalas methods are old-school tough, but theyre working. The talent was always there. He is on a four-fight winning streak. Aussie boxing legend Jeff Fenech has wished 1-0 light heavyweight Paulo Aokuso luck in his quest to become the quickest Australian to win a world title. His Spotify streams and YouTube views number in the millions, and his positive message strikes the kind of unapologetically authentic note that resonates from south-west Brisbane, to Western Sydney and everywhere in between. Theres massive opportunity, its just up to us to chase it.. For Aokuso and Lisis generation, its about flipping stereotypes and moving beyond whats expected of them. He came from a family of sportsmen and women and showed sporting potential from an early age. Earlier this year, Aokuso had that opportunity in the form of a ticket to the Olympics, but lacking motivation, herisked slipping into the settle for less mindset Lisi describes. The trainings been done now. First Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Paulo Aokuso fights in the light heavyweight division at the Tokyo Olympics. It was early 2020 and Paulo Aokuso was getting a feed down at the shops near his home in Goodna, south-west of Brisbane, when one of the boys asked him that. [1] He competed in the men's light heavyweight event at the 2020 Summer Olympics. Aokosu then beat 2019 World Championship silver medallist Dilshod Ruzmetov from Uzbekistan and earned a place at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.[4]. Tszyu, now 22-0,. Paulo Aokuso Bio Information - PBC Boxing | FOX Sports View Paulo Aokuso Bio Information including height, weight, reach, hometown, birthdate, age and more. It was early 2020 and Paulo Aokuso was getting a feed down at the shops near his home in Goodna,south-west of Brisbane, when one of the boys asked him that. So when you do see someone like Paulo going to the Olympics, or Thomas Mikaele in the NRL and Philip Sami playing for Queensland, stuff like that makes us proud, because we come from a suburb where people settle for less.. Everyone here is for the community.. Nationwide News Pty Ltd 2023. He played for the Melbourne Storm, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, Sydney Roosters and the St. George Illawarra Dragons in the NRL . Another Goodna local, Lisis star was on the rise even quicker than Aokusos. Thats how freakish his talent is, Lomalito Moala, Tongan boxings Commonwealth bronze medallist at the 2010 Games, told foxsports.com.au. Paulo Aokuso is currently undefeated. Paulo Aokuso fights in the light heavyweight division at the Tokyo Olympics. Copyright 2023 Sporting News Holdings Limited. Aokuso vs Gonzales Fight Card, be Aokuso vs Gonzales takes place tonight live from Australia. Copyright Info Mdia Conseil 2007-2022 - All rights reserved, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Aokuso, Olympic Games - Men's Light Heavyweight -81 kg, Info Mdia Conseil : 419 Rue Lemelin, St-Franois QC G0A3S0, Canada. Paulo Aokuso Having grown tired of footy, Aokuso's dad Tigilau suggested he and brother Austin, 21, take up the sport he developed a passion for over many years in the ring. Thats essentially the explanation for Paulo Aokuso, Australias light heavyweight star, who only started boxing at 18 to look good and now finds himself in Japan with gold in sight at the age of 24. Retained ANBF Australasian light-heavyweight title. For Aokuso, being a part of this supposed new wave of stars to come from the area is something many would never have thought possible. Paulo AOKUSO. His Spotify streams and YouTube views number in the millions, and his positive message strikes the kind of unapologetically authentic note that resonates from south-west Brisbane, to Western Sydney and everywhere in between. Official results of the boxing Men's Light Heavy (75-81kg) event at the Tokyo Summer Olympics. - @by.mesina, Thankyou for comin champs and show some love to our studio ! Also on the card: Sam Goodman vs. TJ Doheny, 10 rounds, junior featherweights; Koen Mazoudier vs. Ben Mahoney, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Paulo Aokuso vs. Yunieski Gonzalez, 10 rounds, light heavyweights; Issac Hardman vs. Rohan Murdock, 10 rounds, super middleweights; Prediction: Tszyu KO 9 Everyone grinds here and no-one likes to lose. Step one of snapping out of itwas a phone call to 2010 Commonwealth Games bronze medallist Lomalito Moala in Sydney. Saturday 2 July from 7PM AEST LIVE with Main Event on Kayo Sports & Foxtel. His KO ratio currently stands at 75%. Aokuso is 25 years old, he will turn 26 in 1 month. Aokuso beat the No. Just a few months before he was scheduled to board a plane for Japan, Aokuso was seriously contemplating walking away altogether. Seeing my mum and dad work a 9-5 job every single day, it motivates me to be a better person and be a better sportsman. Aokuso has made no secret of his plans. Aokuso will be wearing a green and gold singlet when he steps into the ring, but will arguablybe representing something even deeper. Work. So Paulo inovando no design de faixas de pedestres. Aokuso vs. Gonzalez View in interactive mode Date Sporting News Brendan Bradford caught up with Paulo ahead of the Games. Aokuso will be wearing a green and gold singlet when he steps into the ring, but will arguablybe representing something even deeper. He is yet to win a major world title. While Aokuso was destined for bigger things on the global stage in Tokyo, to be recognised and referenced by one of the fastest-rising rappers in Australia was something else. Of his total four wins, three of them have been via KO (75%). Lomu is one of just three athletes to win a Commonwealth medal for Tonga, losing to future unified super-lightweight world champion Josh Taylor in the semis in Delhi. Aokuso won the fight via 10 round unanimous decision. Initially, Kigilau didnt think Paulo had it in him to be a good boxer.. Weve got a lot of talent, facilities and resources, but the drive here is real low, the rapper tells Sporting News. I thought he was better than the other bloke. Paulo Aokuso is 184 cm tall (6' 0.44") with a reach of 184 cm (6' 0.44"). His last result is the 9th place for the men's light heavyweight -81 kg in the Olympic Games in 2021. Theres massive opportunity, its just up to us to chase it.. Fuelled to keep fighting by his mothers love and sacrifice, Paulo Aokuso is representing aproud community and a rich Polynesian history, while walking the walk as a role model for the younger generation. He competes in amateur boxing. He quickly accepted, with the medal hopeful making his way down from Queensland where hed trained his whole life. He participated in the Asia-Oceania Olympic qualifying event in Amman, Jordan in March 2020. But since our parents came here for a better life, its only right that we make the most of it. Still a champ though. [1] He competed in the men's light heavyweight event at the 2020 Summer Olympics. Get notification with the latest net worth updates for free. Despite landing the cleaner shots over the final three minutes, four of five judges gave the third round to the Spaniard, favouring his workrate in the dying stages of the bout. I was going to quit boxing.. And the result will be scary, according to Moala, who said Aokuso hadnt prepared properly when he beat then-world No. And from that moment on, Aokuso never looked back. All of the match statistics, highlights, pre-match odds, team lineups and substitutions as well as the current Light Heavyweight table standings are available to you. As you do. Paulo Sweet P Aokuso. The three Aokuso kids were born to Samoan parents in Sydney, and Paulo spent the first 12-years of his life in Mt Druitt. The 24-year-old light heavyweight secured a bye in the first round of Thursday night's Olympic draw before finding out he'll likely face No. Whatever it was, the talented southpaw . Aokuso catches and passes a cyclist towards the top of the hill on one of his last reps. Back in Brizzy I never did long runs I never ran over half an hour, Aokuso says. His last result is the 9th place for the men's light heavyweight -81 kg in the Olympic Games in 2021. For the next generation, the skys the limit. Aokosu was a competent shot put and discus thrower in his teenage years before trying boxing in 2013 as a 16-year-old. Sporting News Brendan Bradford caught up with Paulo ahead of the Games. It's actually a myth about how to make money on Facebook Paulo Aokuso (born 20 May 1997) is an Australian Samoan boxer. Don't have an account? Boxing at Boxing Queensland Inc. June 20, 2021 - Present. heavyweight, June | 1.6M views, 16K likes, 3K loves, 453 comments, 927 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Aus-Boxing: A grand arrival from Paulo Aokuso.. "Boxing AOKUSO Paulo - Tokyo 2020 Olympics", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paulo_Aokuso&oldid=1144641131, Articles using sports links with data from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 14 March 2023, at 19:59. Growing up in Mount Druitt, I always see it as a good community, Aokuso told foxsports.com.au. Fast-forward 12 months though, and the high of qualifying for the Olympics had faded, the thrill of getting name-dropped had dimmed and the constant drag of COVID-dictated Olympic delays had started to wear him down. Also on the card: Sam Goodman vs. TJ Doheny, 10 rounds, junior featherweights; Koen Mazoudier vs. Ben Mahoney, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Paulo Aokuso vs. Yunieski Gonzalez, 10 rounds, light heavyweights; Issac Hardman vs. Rohan Murdock, 10 rounds, super middleweights; Prediction: Tszyu KO 9 They owe that to their parents, says Lisi. He points to several Panthers players like Brian Too and Stephen Crichton as examples. The uso Lisi just dropped your name in a song. As a professional athlete, Aokuso has been performing for 0 years and remains unbeaten. Step one of snapping out of itwas a phone call to 2010 Commonwealth Games bronze medallist Lomalito Moala in Sydney. 2 Dilshodbek Ruzmetov in his first-ever international tournament in 2020. Sure, the financial benefits are there and not exactly hidden in plain sight. We were fighting the best of the best in Australia already in my first year of boxing and I feel thats what made me progress faster.. He is now on a four-fight winning streak. Aokosu unanimously defeated Vietnam's Manh Nguyen to lock in a tournament semi-final berth. To be honest Lomu, I was just playing basketball., Thats how scary he is. 2 ranked fighter in the world at the start of last year, when he was still just 22, to book a place in Tokyo and put the world on notice. After receiving a bye in the round of 32 stages of the draw, Aokuso would face Spanish boxer Gazimagomed Jalidov in his opening fight, in the round of 16. Let's take a look at the stats, odds of winning, and the prediction for this fight. He knew how to get him out of his funk. Paulo Aokuso has vowed to "show the world" what he's about in the ring on Sunday after signing a remarkable deal with the brand that sponsors The Rock and Steph Curry. The best in rugby league, the best in UFC. Disclamer: Paulo Aokuso net worth displayed here are calculated based on a combination social factors. Early life Rose was born in Bathurst, New South Wales and was educated at Kelso High School. Hell take the next step on thatjourney at the fabledRygoku Kokugikan in Tokyo on Sunday when the first round of the mens light-heavyweight tournament starts. Paulo Aokuso Instagram net worth How much money is Paulo Aokuso making on Instagram? #4-0 #TA I was keen when I made the Olympic team, but I wasnt getting what I wanted when I trained and I just lost motivation. Search instead in Creative? Aokuso vs Gonzales takes place on SAT, MAR 11, 2023 at 10:45PM ET EASTERN TIME/ 7:45PM PT. Showing Editorial results for paulo aokuso. Please note, major results of Paulo Aokuso is based on data from The-Sports.org and may be incomplete. Paulo Aokuso (born 20 May 1997 in Mount Druitt) is a boxer who competes internationally for Australia. The result came just minutes after the number one light heavyweight seed,Bekzad Nurdauletov, was also eliminated from the competition. One of the ringside judges scored the bout 30-27 in Aokuso's favour, while the other four had it 29-28 either way.