The Wednesday night Oxford Acceleration Series offers five divisions including Outlaws, Rebels, Sport Trucks, Cruisers and Ladies divisions. He wasnt racing in the Top 10 Kyle Larson won his first ever grandfather clock N. Woodstock, NH With the 2023 season nearing, the headlining Foley Oil & Propane Late Models are ready to roll at White Mountain Motorsports Park in year thirty-one for the venerable New Hampshire oval. You never know when you have been caught dreaming. The guy circling in the ultralight during Birdsong is one of my great memories from shows that year. He brought in the states first NASCAR Modified Tour event in 1965, replaced the original wood grandstands with modern steel seating the same year, oversaw the construction of an NHRA drag strip in 1969, and even hosted multiple NASCAR Grand National (now Monster Energy NASCAR Cup) events. King of OPS would go on to win 146 more. One of my top five favorite in fact. May 20, 2000 Oxford, ME The annual American-Canadian Tour 125 at Oxford Plains Speedway headlining the Saturday night before the Oxford 250 program did not disappoint. If you watch Talladega racing at all, you know that just about anyone can win the event due to the style of racing. - Everyone in the vehicle must have purchased their General Admission tickets for Saturday Route 26, Oxford, ME Phone: (207) 539-8865 | Championship Series | Acceleration Series | | Motor Mayhem | Rule Book | Track Facts | Oxford 250 | 2022 OXFORD 250 CAMPING RULES : 2022 OXFORD 250 ATV/GOLF CART RULES : Registration forms available at the track when you sign in. winner is celebrated in the popular bricked square on Official Page of Oxford Plains Speedway | Oxford ME the Thursday night Oxford Acceleration Series at Oxford Oxford, ME Williamstown, VT's Jimmy Hebert snapped one of the driest spells of his racing career by winning the American-Canadian Tour (ACT) Oxford Plains 125 at Maine's Oxford Plains Speedway on Saturday, August 28. See Mortgage Free Home Built in 12 Days for Maine Veteran in Oxford, What?! It wasnt that Kneeland, who finished 25th in the 250, was restless with excitement and wanted to get to the track early for the big race day. Dennis Spencer captured his first career PASS win. 207-539-8865, OFFICE ADDRESS: All around great atmosphere and stellar sound. It took all of six weeks to transform . The crowd loved it, but I am sure that it un-nerved the Dead and management. E-mail me for details. be a part of the Thursday night Oxford Acceleration This is the show where I climbed on the bus for good. It wasnt that Kneeland, who finished 25th in the 250, was restless with excitement and wanted to get to the track early for the big race day. Read on to explore the cost of gas over time and rediscover just how much a gallon was when you first started driving. is launched. 1969 July 11, 1968 All-time feature Tickets - Junior Sign up and get the top stories to begin the day delivered to your inbox at 5 a.m. Harold Small, an engineer from Minot, ME was instrumental Three years later, Bob Bahre purchased Oxford. Sound quality is pretty good on this,with nice song selection so please..GIVE IT A WHIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99NHBen BelangerWhitefie, DNQ17MEKris MatchettSkowhega, Total Page Visits: 1537 - Today Page Visits: 1, Quick Results ACT Oxford Plains 125 on 08/27/22, Racing on TV Listings for August 29-September 5, Foley Oil & Propane Late Models Ready to Roll on White Mountain Highbanks, North Americas Top Engineering Students Return to NHMS for Formula Hybrid + Electric Competition, Weather Postpones 51st NAPA Spring Sizzler to May 12th & 13th at Stafford, First Martinsville Victory For Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell Rings In A Win On Bristol Dirt, Lou Modestino's Track Talk, Featuring New England Motorsports, Forty Teams from Across the Northeast Entered into ACT Spring Sizzler 75 at Stafford, NOTE: NASCAR Shifts Dover Cup Series Race Start Time to 1 p.m. "Walkin" attempts to thicken the groove and they succeedwhatever timing the drummers are on, 7/4..blah blah, it works. The DT Asphalt Outlaws will once again 99NHBen BelangerWhitefield, NH, 29. mile asphalt oval. Shaw joined in at the front. Unity's Ralph Nason begins his streak of three-straight Oxford 250 so hip how in the mid-80's or so they discovered that birdsong was a great vehicle for formless improv. PASS is making its final trip to Oxford of the season, Two points separate the top two PASS Modified contenders entering the finale at Oxford Plains, Racing America & Speed51 Trademarks are owned by RTA Media Holdings, LLC. Dion I lived in oxford at the time and this was the best of shows. Oxford Plains Speedway, a 1/2 mile dirt track, is ready for racing. This profile is in addition to your subscription and website login. and wide, sweeping turns. You can share 5 more gift articles this month. These 2 shows were a ball. The track offers racing twice weekly during the season. Both very nice shows with hint's of old style relaxed playing but in a huge place for a giant crowd of grate people. presence to include Victory Lane partnership for the Search the history of over 806 billion with his third OXFORD 250 championship, tying a record, while Bahre was inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame in 2017. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. Oxford Plains Speedway is transformed from a 1/2 mile dirt track to a 1/3 But it wasnt on the track we know today. Derek Kneeland waits by his car after being introduced. The Rhythm Devils waste no time getting it going. Text ACTTour to 84483 to sign up for RainedOut notifications. the inside of the speedway. Series at slated for 14 races this season. at Oxford Plains Speedway Max Cookson picked up right where he left off last season winning the first Super Late Model feature of the season at Oxford. OXFORD Derek Kneeland arrived at Oxford Plains Speedway a little after 4 a.m. Sunday, a few hours before sunrise and only a handful of hours before the start of the Oxford 250 qualifying heats. A 3/8 mile paved oval with short straights Don't have a commenting profile? - Officials at Oxford Plains Speedway (OPS) are happy to rain-check for a designated date. This is a really solid show. To get one, go to the subscriptions page. Oxford, ME - Officials at The Mitchell Brothers Racing Ford Mustang powered up early on the outside of Perreault, with Ming taking the lead by lap two as the field settled in. to inquire about available camping areas. operate today. ACT would not return to the facility until September 1992. 27NH#Cam HuntressRochester, NH, 26. Monday, MAY 30th - 1:00 PM WOXO MOTOR MAYHEM SERIES woxo.com 4/6 CYLINDER ENDURO SPECTATOR DRAGS SMOKEY DONUTS WOXO Enduro (50 laps): 1. these gigs were my first and i came from scotland to see them..too many memories to mention but what is vivid after all this time is how many wonderful people i met.I remember the plane too..and does anyone remember the guy climbing up the huge fence with the crowd urging him on?..great gig,great time,great expierence. Oxford was purely cool. Thats when some nerves started. window.__mirage2 = {petok:"rqRiJJnmb0WLMheWXzv2YZu.jqY4u0simlALVxIMpZI-1800-0"}; Please note that all non-employee campers are to be removed from Speedway property by Monday following any events. OPS Sponsors Late Models Five Storylines to Watch at This Year's Oxford 250 Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on during the 49th Annual Oxford 250. Phil Lesh, one of the founding members of the Grateful Dead,plays at Thompson's Point in Portland tonight. This just feels like summer sunshine and heat made audible or maybe just a little bit of the divine in the woods. Take Exit 63 (Gray) His impact on the New England racing community will never be matched. OPS Sponsors, MAINE BUREAU OF See Offers. If the page does not reload within 5 seconds, please refresh the page. Brewster Burns, And then the caution did come out, we were on the bottom. The story of Oxford Plains Speedway begins in April 1950, when George Damon bought 200 acres of flat, lightly wooded land in the town of Oxford. June 16, 1999 Cassius Clark 2. The American-Canadian Tour Returns to it's Green Mountain Home. . Shortly after, | Area Information | Fast A hanglider flew right over the stage at that point. To find out more about how has the price of gas changed throughout the years, Stacker ran the numbers on the cost of a gallon of gasoline for each of the last 84 years. THUNDERSTOCKSDivision Sponsor. The guy circling in the ultralight during Birdsong is one of my great memories from shows that year. Please wait for the page to reload. Alan Ward, After seven years, 8-time American-Canadian Tour champion Brian Hoar returns for Part-Time 2023 Schedule starting at @staffordspeedway with the ACT Spring Sizzler 75 on April 29th! what can u say about oxford last great parking lot scene spent the 1st night wandering the woods lost seeking pennywise the clown HIGH BIRD WAS I!!! August 19, 2000 5MATom Carey IIINew Salem, MA, 28. Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. The NASCAR North Tour made its debut at Oxford on April 27, 1980, and the same year, the tracks signature Oxford 250 was given the NASCAR North sanction. It was under his stewardship that the track truly rose to national prominence. Oxford, Maine [CDATA[ Veteran Promoter Tom Mayberry purchases Oxford Plains Speedway from Bill Ryan. SLM & 6 song first set. It was a Rainbow vibe all weekend long. Joey Kourafas of Sharon, MA wins the first annual Oxford 200. I remember driving in a friends Ford Bronco, following other fellow heads to these two shows in the beautiful Maine outdoors. Perry scored his first win of the season in the 75-lap Modified Racing Series feature at Oxford Plains Speedway Saturday. I also remember the hang glider during bird song. In the end, a pair of young-guns once again showed their strength on the tough Central Maine third-mile while a point leader strengthened his title hopes. He went about things in a quiet, dignified manner and often times that simple approach is the most impactful. This recording is great, as well, although I'd love a SBD/AUD mix like the night before. premier short track events in the country. The stars of the wildly popular X-Games January, 2003 ME-26A/Maine Wildlife Pkwy.26A becomes ME-26 Bob Bahre purchases Oxford Plains Speedway. - Its an additional $50 PER CAR to be a VIP; no matter if its one person or twenty, Smart Car or Limousine (but no Motor Homes/Campers) This was my first Dead show and it was simply amazing! Sign in or Subscribe racing facility. (THEY RETAIL FOR $410.) Plymouth. OCS July 28, 1971 You will receive an email to complete the registration. A wonderful wonderful weekend (except were we *parched* out in the parking lot!). Damon sold the track to local businessmen Hayward Luck, Asa Packard, and Thomas Ryan in 1961, who immediately went to work transforming the track into a 1/3-mile asphalt oval with short straights and sweeping turns. Sunday afternoon, less than 12 hours after his plane landed at Portland International Jetport, Kneeland clinched a spot as a driver in the Oxford 250 for only the second time, and his first since 2013. The Night the Lights Went Out in Oxford as Gluchacki Goes Lights-Out on the Field. Bob Bahre, former owner of Oxford Plains Speedway and builder of New Hampshire Motor Speedway has died at the age of 93, according to reports. in building the facility. Full concession and souvenir stands are available in both the grandstand 1961 Damon sells the speedway to local businessmen Hayward Luck, Asa Packard and Thomas Ryan. Following [] The trip from Rochester to there was like an old style pilgrimage through the forests of yesteryear that just went on and on. Age Limits Acceleration Series after the completion of five (5) features. Check out the previous night as well. The first caution would come out on lap 14 for the spinning Matt Anderson machine on the front stretch. 10 Memories from the Oxford 250 Some unforgettable moments from Oxford 250 history. Thanks to whoever put this up. Talk about a moment in history. Touch> Pocky WAY, is a real go-getter for a second set start!!!!!!!! NASCAR champions Matt Kenseth and Kurt Busch compete in the OXFORD 250, starting a new tradition of Sprint Cup drivers changed the configuration to a 3/8 mile oval. Man, I am late to the show! Great show all around, especially the short & sweet 1st set. Last years SLM champion has gotten off to a strong start already picking up podium finishes on the PASS tour this season. Joey. My wife (Carley) actually just told me off to the side, she goes, Weve been together seven years and almost married five, and Ive never made it, on the attempts. Tavares Arts, The American-Canadian Tour is set for a 40-car-strong field ready to roll into @staffordspeedway this Saturday for the first time since 1985! These tapes sound greatcrystal clear with great bass extensionSound better than my FOB tapes with the Neuman U89'sthe bass was a little unruly for play back on even the most high end stereo's. //]]> I wish I could have a copy of this one but at least I can listen to the stream. With a purse "Gone Are The Days.". August 19, 2000 "We went to the races together, so if he wanted to rent it or buy it, it was fine by me. Random ACT Fact: In the Oxford Open Competition Series era, the highest-finishing ACT/NASCAR North driver would be credited with a Tour victory. You will receive an email to complete the registration. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for ISO STYLE of VAUMOISE, HAUTS DE FRANCE. His first win came in the Charger division on May 31, 1969. ShawCente, 8. Login. All information from Speed51. Not all Dead Heads are hippies, but most hippies like the Dead, and this weekend was packed with the old guard. Both of these Maine shows were outstanding and were my 2nd and 3rd shows, and I met the man who would become my husband at Oxford. But the Pro Stock Tour dissolved after the 1995 season, leading to another hiatus. The sound is excellent A+. The King Freestye Motocross comes to OPS. Learn how and when to remove this template message, ARCA Menards Series (East / West) track venues, Valenti Modified Racing Series race venues, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oxford_Plains_Speedway&oldid=1107568830, Buildings and structures in Oxford County, Maine, Tourist attractions in Oxford County, Maine, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 30 August 2022, at 18:03. OXFORD, Maine The Maine motor racing community has lost a legend. It provided a 600 ft. long grandstand with bleacher It provided a 600 ft. long grandstand with bleacher style seating for 5,000 and parking for 1,000 cars, concession buildings and a pit area. Find company research, competitor information, contact details & financial data for EFFYS WORLD SERVICE of VAUMOISE, HAUTS DE FRANCE. Please report disturbances to the nearest uniformed employee or security own record in that category. Don't have a commenting profile? All I can say is that I wish I was there right now. Maine's Premier Racing Facility. Saw the whole summer tour and for a change these last shows were the strongest of tour. These two just happen to rise a little higher. Bobby Santos III, Jon McKennedy, Matt Swanson, Anthony Nocella and MORE are ready to take on @nhms this Saturday! My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Vermonts Reilly Lanphear and Kentuckys Isaac Bevin took the two consolation rounds with Peyton Lanphear earning the last chance, B-Feature win to join the main event. After being in contention all night, Jimmy Renfrew Jr. took fourth with Tanner Woodard rounding out the top five in just his second start behind the wheel of an American-Canadian Tour Late Model. 150 is just one week away at Thunder Road International Speedbowl. The two-night stand by the Grateful Dead was in Oxford on July 2 and 3, 1988. Alcohol and glass containers are not permitted. The track also hosted 3 NASCAR Cup Series races between 1966 and 1968. on RainedOutRainout June 20, 1970 The Oxford 250 became an ACT event, and the track held 10 ACT Pro Stock Tour events from 1993 to 1995 along with two Sunoco Regional Series events in 1994 and four ACT Late Model Sportsman Series events in 1995. "Bird" features admirably intricate dynamic work never commanding, but the varied layers create a lovely experience that rewards you with multiple listens. In 2012, PASS owner Tom Mayberry purchased the track. I mean, last year I didnt try. Get the latest business insights from Dun & Bradstreet. The top five in each heat earn a berth in the Oxford 250. If the page does not reload within 5 seconds, please refresh the page. See some of the stories and pictures from the event below. RENTAL FEE IS $25.00. Among the NASCAR stars who have raced the annual Oxford 250 are 17 drivers who have won NASCAR Cup Series majors, with eleven of them Sprint Cup Series champions, and five of those are now NASCAR Hall of Fame members. Use the form below to reset your password. Myself and pal would take bets on where the rush mob(gate crashers) would break through. Shaw late to take second, a tie of his best ACT finish, with Shaw taking down third and further padding his points title hopes. MB. Grandstand tickets may not be used to upgrade to Pit Passes, however, a hailed as the richest one-day short track race in America. Rodney's Repair Cruisers will once again be a part of Please check your email to confirm and complete your registration. Log in to join the discussion. Create a commenting profile by providing an email address, password and display name. This Oxford Take You Home showcases a rare lead-in to drums/space, as it was more commonly played on the other end. i know these shows were probably great live, but the hissing during the 2nd minute of sugaree scares methen it stopshmmmmm the rest of the show seems real nice though--always impressed with the bass levels , here especially nice------still a 5 jerry sounds good on the vocals------weary man!! Concessions/Souvenirs The win makes 19QCDany TrepanierSt-Edouard,QC, 12. structure designed to seat nearly 15,000. But being in Daytona last night with my family, and getting the Cup car into the (playoffs), and having a good Xfinity race (spotting for Myatt Snider), and making it here, and getting in just through the heat race and not the consi, its a dream come true.. By 11:00pm power was restored to the area and drivers returned to their cars scattered around the Oxford third-mile. Click Logos forWebsites Maine native and former NASCAR driver Ricky Craven tweeted, "Deeply saddened by the loss of my . In late 2012 the owner Bill Ryan sold the speedway to current owner Tom Mayberry. Parking and Thomas Ryan. Waterbury, VT The American-Canadian Tour (ACT) is coming to Maine's Oxford Plains Speedway this Saturday, August 28. Camping Policy Very clean sound on this (Phil is very sharp and clean on this). announces his first race at Oxford Plains Home to the Oxford 250. Please have your Camping This Track in ACT History: Oxford Plains Speedway. The reigning ACT champion dove underneath Turner, ME's Ben Rowe on the backstretch with 27 laps to go and led the rest of the way to become the first repeat winner this . The Big Apple Food Stores Summer Racing Series presented by Texaco brings 7NH#Cody LeblancBerlin, NH, 25. Handicapped parking is located in front of Bob is of the most generious and thoughtful people I heave met over the years. coolers/containers available for inspection upon entering the Speedway. Enter your email and password to access comments. Hills Chamber of Commerce, Click "Visitor Very self serving IMO--not that helpful for the amount of words and opinion, time after time. (6-12 yrs. The story of Oxford Plains Speedway begins in April 1950, when George Damon bought 200 acres of flat, lightly wooded land in the town of Oxford. He wanted to grow our sport and build things that people will remember. The American-Canadian Tour (ACT) and Pro All Stars Series (PASS) announced today that the doubleheader originally planned for Monadnock Speedway on July 4 has been moved to Maine's Oxford Plains Speedway on Sunday, July 11. With 14,000 seats, the speedway has the largest seating capacity of any sporting venue in Maine. | Area Information | Fast Im going to enjoy this one. He eventually disabled it by repeated smashing. I will miss him pic.twitter.com/Rgg2B8iuqx, Maine Sen. Susan Collins released a statement Friday on the passing of Bahre, saying "he will be remembered not only not only for his contributions to the sport of racing, but also for his philanthropic support for his community and our state., Bob was an icon in the racing industry and a truly beloved member of the Oxford Hills community," Collins said. Allison also posted his seventh career NASCAR win at OPS. BYO? Oxford Even the tone of your endless reviews is always a balloon popper @ best! 38 American-Canadian Tour cars from all six New England states and the Canadian province of Quebec made the trek to the Vacationland home of ACT to take part in one of New England's crown jewel events. 35NHAlby OvittSt. Johnsbury, VT, 18. Facts | Top |. The interesting thing to me, after reading all of the comments, is the lack of anyone mentioning the strong Rainbow Gathering vibe. With a Press Herald subscription, you can gift 5 articles each month. The 5MA of Tom Carey III, 04NH of Shawn Swallow, 47NH of Brock Davis and 99NH of Ben Belanger were done for the night with too much damage to repair. dropping off your request at our souvenir stand. This will be the 132nd point-counting event for ACT at their Vermont Hometrack stemming from way back to October 1979. He lured NASCAR to the track in 1993 for several events. His investment in the track, and in Mainers' love of racing, paid off. He started ahead of 2017 winner Curtis Gerry, 2018 winner Bubba Pollard and 2020 winner Johnny Clark, as well as former Pro All Stars Series champion Derek Griffith. The ACT Tour headlines a packed Saturday 'Night Before the 250' program alongside the New England Supermodified Series, Modified Racing Series and more!