NONE of these things were asked of me at the K State emergency hospital. Our veterinary cardiology team diagnoses and treats diseases of the heart and lungs. About Us; Our Team; Gallery . Get fun things to do in Kansas City + special deals, discounts & more, Visit iPetsKC.com for pet resources! Chat With A Vet Request Appointment. They are open 24/7, all 365 days of the year. I couldn't believe it. Our Veterinary Assistants triage emergency cases as they come in and assist DVM with crafting and going . The first day they Gave him glucose and fluids, X-ray and did blood work. Kansas City has top-rated, and excellent universities. The front staff we so sweet to my dog when i picked him up after his procedure and were giving him lots of cuddles and treats. 11950 W 110th St. Overland Park, KS 66210 [email protected] Emergency: 24/7. A, ttractions include the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, the Kauffman Performing Arts Center, the Kansas City Art Institute, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the American Jazz Museum. The staff there was very friendly and saw us quickly. I get that they may be immune to this after doing it day after day, but encourage training around empathy, communication and compassion knowing how people feel when they are about to lose or have just lost a furry family member. When they give you an ETA OF WHEN the vet will contact you, it is an absolute joke. We also communicate closely with you and provide the education you need to make an informed decision for your pet. Their Overland Park hospital will provide 24/7 emergency and critical care, in addition to surgery and internal medicine specialties. Our goal is to be an extension of specialized care for your family. MUCH better than Blue Pearl Emergency Vet for cost and customer service skills. . Our goal is to deliver the highest model of Emergency Vet Services possible, with a emphasis on making your pet's encounter, and yours, pleasant. They're awful at data input Maybe check with the client to go over it so you can iterate information back. A current Veterinarian looking for a career change. I would definitely take my dog back again if needed. We took in our 18.5 year old dachshund after midnight thinking we were going to be letting him go. during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Our team is ready to provide expert care 24/7 in case of a pet emergency. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We were given our own private room to wait in until we talked with a doctor. It's now about 10 weeks since surgery, and she not only walks well, but I can barely tell anything ever happened. Events. We brought our dog from Springfield to this emergency clinic near Kansas City after a catastrophic accident where she jumped from a bridge while on a hike and fell 15 or 20 feet onto rocks. Back to Search. We took him up there and our dog was seen immediately. Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans. Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals. Some of us are just barely getting by. 8301 W 163rd St, Overland Park, KS 66223 (913) 361-3800. Our passion is pets. Where is their new location located? Please proceed with caution when using this hospital. The sign says 24 hours seven days a week emergency services. Emergency Veterinary Group in Overland Park. Our staff at Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty values feedback from our clients. Not all pet injuries and illnesses require immediate medical attention. Glassdoor has 1 Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty reviews submitted anonymously by Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty employees. BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital She asked me point blank what she could say to make me feel more comfortable and that helped immensely. From initial triage to ongoing care, we are focused on your pets comfort and overall wellbeing. OPVES is located at 8301 W 163rd St, Overland Park, KS, 66223. Skip Navigation Skip to Primary Content. View the job description, responsibilities and qualifications for this position. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets. Kept in contact with us at home as things unfolded through the night. An empty wait room. The vet - Dr. Grigsby - was wonderful in explaining my pets condition and extending care and follow up for her. Newly diagnosed heart murmur or recent increase in murmur grade (1-6), Irregular breathing or respiratory distress. 4041 Indian Creek Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66207, Find more veterinarians in Overland Park, KS, 2022 Veterinarian.org, LLC. Medical staff. 0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them. Respectful of our decisions and sensitive to our feelings. I'll be happy to return there to have them care for any of my pets. Veterinary Ophthalmologist . Our surgery team is highly trained in performing a wide variety of procedures on pets in a monitored surgical suite. We are searching for an energetic Veterinary Ophthalmologist to join our exceptional team at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Overland Park, KS. Email or phone: Password: In addition to those transferring, OPVES has hired new administrators, techs and vets. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career. Our baby Wilson had 3 surgeries with Dr. Allen and they treated him like family, he is happier and healthier than ever thanks to Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty! 913-722-5566. We can help you assess the situation and make sure that your pet gets the care they need. Bewerben Sie sich einfach mit einem Klick auf mehrere Jobs! This program does not replace or substitute an internship which is required for application to a residency. Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty. All of the staff at OPVES is highly-trained and cares for your pets like their own, so you can rest assured your furry family is being well-taken care of. the heart of Kansas City, and has been serving the southwestern Kansas City area since 1992, including Leawood, Olathe, Kansas City, KS and Merriam. If I could give this place 0 stars I would. We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following: Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options. The surgery was extremely expensive but I expected it when going to an emergency vet. Were always available to provide exceptional medical care when your pets primary veterinarians office is closed. Phone: (913) 722-5566. I recently took my pet here after Blue Pearl turned me away (Covid-related staffing issues, presumably), and my experience was amazing! Address: 5914 Johnson Dr, Mission, KS . Our team collaborates with your family veterinarian to craft the best possible treatment plan for your pet. Click the link in the email we sent to to verify your email address and activate your job alert. I just have a sour taste in my mouth with the experience I had in Overland Park and it just seemed to lack compassion or warmth. We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following: Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options. 8301 W 163rd St., Overland Park, KS 66223 . We are proudly AAHA accredited. My dogs are like kids to me, I was in tears and distraught, feeling I had let my pup down. At OPVES, we are an extension of your veterinary care family. I was absolutely floored and I didn't really hear what she said after the first few words. If I knew her chances, or if the initial vet could have given me more statistical information it would be easier. At 10:30pm when we show up with a Pit mix, that question felt deliberate and unnecessary. We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. Everything was very clean and sanitized. 8301 W 163rd St, Overland Park, KS 66223. BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospitals are seeking full time or part time Emergency and Urgent Care Clinicians to join our state of the art emergency and specialty hospitals in Missouri and Kanas. If you have questions about your pets symptoms or are concerned that they may be experiencing an emergency, please call us at (913) 361-3800. 66202. I also had the vet literally shout at me and berate me over differing opinions on a completely unrelated topic which had no bearing on my pet's emergency medical needs, which was completely unprofessional. Our oncology department develops custom treatment plans for pets affected by cancer with the goal of promoting overall wellbeing. The front staff said a doctor would call between 8-9am and the doctor doesn't actualy come in until 8am and has to check on everyone. Visit the Career Advice Hub to see tips on interviewing and resume writing. Closed. Grundy Animal Hospital Overland Park is a 24-hour, 7-days-a-week emergency hospital proudly treating the pets and families in Overland Park. Apply for the Job in Relief Veterinary Assistant at Overland Park, KS. This means we share knowledge across specialties to deliver cross-departmental care for pets who could benefit from the expertise of multiple specialty clinicians. It was a total 180 experience to the care and compassion I experienced at K State given the circumstances. Open 24 hours every day, our emergency pet hospital serves the greater Southwest Kansas City area . My pit mix is the sweetest dog I've ever met and doesn't even growl or bark, and our house has kids, cats and another dog. I'm sure the veterinary staff is great and this is likely limited to the front desk and perhaps due to covid staffing challenges. Services were fast and efficient. We are excited to welcome Board-Certified Veterinary Surgeon, Dr. Kim Aeschlimann, to our Overland Park team! I was a wreck worried about my dog when i showed up at the ER. Our dog was very Ill, almost septic. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. To learn more about Dr. Portanova, visit her bio. One hour later we had to put him down due to a twisted stomach. Dr. Allen was born and raised in south-central Kansas. I know the trash in the lobby or the bathroom didn't get picked up for at least 24 hours because I was there for so long. Job. Have questions prior to your visit? The front desk girl was rude and unprofessional. 8301 West 163rd Street , Overland Park, KS, 66223 (913) 361-3800 ; Send Email; Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty has 3 stars. All rights reserved. And then I find out my dog won't recieve care until the afternoon because there's one vet for 2 hospitals??? Find the best jobs in the US, apply in 1 click and get a job today! There's no mandate in this area. Nestled in our exceptional facility at the top of Queen Anne Hill, we provide a complete list of veterinary searvices with compassion, quality, and personal attention. I absolutely recommend this place for amazing treatment of both you and your pet." Thank goodness I checked. You have successfully created a new job alert. Your job seeking activity is only visible to you. . Blue Pearl BluePearl Pet Hospital in Overland Park offers specialty and emergency services for pets. OVERLAND PARK VETERINARY EMERGENCY AND SPECIALTY. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time. She was prescribed sufficient post-op pain medication and has experienced no complications. Overland Park Veterinary Emergency & Specialty. The lobby is dirty and filled with empty cups and trash. Please enter a Name and Password so you can update your Job Alerts in the future. . A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment. Kind, efficient, supportive. Posted 1:50:33 AM. The day after New Year's we finally decided to go get our dog and make plans with our Vet for Monday. The staff was great and answered all of our questions, and Dr. Allen was able to perform surgery four days laterthe wait was due to lacerations in her lungs from the broken ribs that could have been deathly during anesthesia, but in the interim they kept her calm, on pain medication, tapped her chest to get rid of air build-up outside the lungs, and allowed us to visit her. To get a job at Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty, browse currently open positions and apply for a job near you. Overland Park, Kansas, United States. My experience with the vet on duty, Sunday, Nov 21, 2021 was NOT pleasant. The waiting area is clean a spacious. 2003-2023 iFamilyKC | All Rights Reserved PO Box 23222 Overland Park, KS 66283 Tel: (913) 744-1400. Just communicate that correctly. Advanced diagnostic technologies like x-rays, CT scans, MRI and ultrasounds allow our doctors todetermine the best treatment for your pet and verify progress. I took her to the ER because SHE WAS BLEEDING. The day staff gave more information today but also dismissed our concerns. When I explained that I dropped it off a half hour earlier, she disappeared and returned with the results another 20 minutes later, and then made me wait another half hour to write the prescription. Our team collaborates with your family veterinarian to craft the best possible treatment plan for your pet. I wish I would have taken her somewhere else. Click here to visit their website or call 913-361-3800. If you LOVE your animal, go somewhere else. 913.642.9563. I recently had my dog at K state for the same situation weeks earlier and being that I had an issue at 8 pm on a Sunday night, I did not want to make the 2 hr drive back to Manhattan so I opted for the Overland Park Veterinary Emergency vet 30 min away. They recommended an ultrasound so he stayed the night. BluePearl Pet Hospital in Overland Park offers specialty and emergency services for pets. We know that seconds count in a pet emergency and our expert veterinarians, technicians, and support . Mission | Overland Park Veterinary Emergency & Specialty | 49 followers on LinkedIn. All rights reserved. Highly recommend this place. They also weirdly wore masks on their chins and not everyone wore masks. Poor poor communication. They took very good care of my pet and did a thorough examination of her. Unfortunately, I was not over the top impressed. After their grand opening, the veterinary office will be open every day of the week! ." Overland Park, KS 66210. The staff were very calming and compassionate. Founded in 1992 as Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center of Kansas City, our pet hospital serves pets in the greater Kansas City area. Spent $2700 and have no answers. Drive quickly and carefully to us and follow all instructions upon arrival. Updated for 2023. You can also learn more about Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialtys original location and all the great work they do for pets. Haben Sie keinen Lebenslauf? On the phone they said it was a 15 minute wait. Honestly, if they had a decent office manager, I feel like this would be more put together but it's a dumpster fire. The emergency care team at OPVES is available to assist you 24/7. Blog. We had a Christmas Day emergency and even though the wait was long (which was completely expected since it was a holiday), we were just so thankful for all those who volunteered their time to help on Christmas and get our baby girl seen. Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty. We have a team of emergency veterinarians on staff to make sure your pet gets the best possible critical care in Overland Park, KS. Sign in to create your job alert for Veterinarian jobs in Overland Park, KS. When I finally got pup back 6 hrs later, I paid $1k, the stitches looked absolutely botched and the cut area didn't look cleaned out. Looking for a taste of adventure? The price was even affordable. If I'm paying this much money, my vet better know the pertinent information!! Quick Apply zeigt Ihnen empfohlene Jobs auf Basis Ihrer letzten Suche und ermglicht es Ihnen, sich in Sekundenschnelle auf mehr als 25 Jobs zu bewerben! If you panic, you may forget something or even cause your pet to feel more stressed and scared than they probably already are. We know that seconds count in a pet emergency and our expert veterinarians, technicians, and support staff are here . BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Veterinary Assistant to join their fast-paced emergency department. The veterinarian was very thorough and honest with us about his level of health and longevity. We felt it was worth the drive. We are so excited to let out readers know that our friends at Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty are opening their 2nd location, Overland Park Veterinary Emergency & Specialty! Handwerk und gewerblich technische Berufe. I think everyone hopes to never need an emergency facility with their pet, but given our experiences today, I hope we never need this facility in particular. We left there with some antibiotics, pain medication and our little old man with our fingers crossed he lasts through the holidays. 5914 Johnson Dr., Mission, KS 66202 (913) 722-5566. They lie or deceive about how often your pet gets checked and that's not the nurse staffs fault. Animals in severe pain may become aggressive, so you may need to loosely drape a soft cloth over your pets eyes to help them calm down. I couldn't believe a facility with an empty wait room that had the word "emergency" in it's title had a 4-6 hour wait. We would like to welcome our newest internal medicine doctor, Alexandra Portanova, DVM, Residence Trained in Internal Medicine. Open 24 hours every day, our emergency pet hospital serves the greater Southwest Kansas City area, including the communities of Leawood, Olathe, Merriam, Shawnee and Overland Park. The risks, benefits, full cost, and expected outcome were communicated clearly before the surgery, and we made a well-informed choice to do surgery. If this wasn't my only option on Christmas Day, i would have gone anywhere else. Load your pet into your vehicle as carefully as possible. Contact us at (913) 361-3800 right away. At Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty, our skilled veterinary professionals specialize in treating cats, dogs in Mission, KC. Dr. David Allen, their teams veterinary medical director, will be a surgeon and director at OPVES. Meet the Emergency Veterinary Team at Mission Animal . I could not recommend this facility more for emergency and specialty care for your fur babies! However, we won't be returning unless we have to, and hope this feedback helps them improve so another family can be spared some unnecessary pain. 2023 BluePearl Holdings LLC. Read more, Top 20 Most In-Demand Jobs in the US 2023, Competition for jobs has increased. If you are strong in planning, problem-solving and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Veterinary Ophthalmologist at BluePearl Veterinary Partners today! Overland Park Veterinary Emergency. Emergency & Critical Care. Dr. Allen seemed to care about her, and seemed excited at her follow-up appointment about her remarkable recovery. Overland Park Ask about our locations that may offer a Sign on Bonus! Our neurology team uses advanced imaging technologies, cutting-edge medical therapies and surgical procedures to diagnose neurological disorders and treat patients with veterinary neurological conditions that affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves. Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty is a 24 hour animal emergency and. At BluePearl Pet Hospital, we take a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. The day and night staff don't commnunicate. Jump to. By creating this job alert, you agree to the LinkedIn User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Beautiful facility. Find out what skills and jobs are in high demand. GrabJobs is the no1 job portal in the US, connecting you to thousands of jobs fast! This special service is an innovative treatment used to cure hyperthyroidism in cats. They triaged him immediately and gave him a thorough exam with appropriate testing. If you live in South Johnson county, this is the pet hospital nearest you! Facebook. is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. 176 were here. . The poor thing has five broken ribs, and her right femur is totally splintered (KC Chiefs fans, think Alex Smiths broken leg). Once was on a Saturday during the day and the other time was at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday. Absolutely horrible experience. Pet Owners . Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty is open Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun. When I did not agree with the recommendation, I had to sign 2 different forms saying I wasn't going along with her recommendations (the 2nd time was before they would release my dog back to me) and the I was also asked to sign off on a CPR/DNR in case things went south. Experiencing a pet emergency? Or something along those lines. The desk clerk straightened the pens on the desk and said, "Yes. But as we were walking to sit down, one of the desk clerks casually shouts, "Oh, by the way, it's a 4-6 hour wait." We took our dog here after he passed away since Blue Pearl was at capacity. Want to receive job alerts for similar jobs? Although Prescriptions were MUCH pricier than they should have been, they were filled during the visit; therefore we were relieved that there was no delay in getting started with the care my pet needed that same evening. Research salary, company info, career paths, and top skills for Relief Veterinary Assistant If you suspect that your pet has ingested or been exposed to a poisonous substance they are showing any negative symptoms, please call ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center immediately. Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty. 172 Date Night Ideas in Kansas City (Tons of Fun Date Ideas) UPDATED, 8301 W 163rd St, Overland Park, KS, 66223, Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialtys, Overland Park Veterinary Emergency & Specialty. I felt like they weren't very empathetic during a time that was very sad for us. I am so thankful they were open and able to take care of my dogs and for a reasonable rate. However there was a total lack in communication between all of the employees and I felt I was not being listened to and had to repeat myself several times over on multiple occasions. Since Blue Pearl is at capacity . We respect the human-animal bond and treat each pet and owner with dignity, compassion, and kindness. Our dog was no better no one ever called to keep us informed we had to keep calling them. At OPVES, we are an extension of your veterinary care family. Quick service that worked seamlessly with my local Veterinary clinic to treat my pet. Wissen Sie nicht, wo Sie anfangen sollen? About Us. Open 24 hours every day, our emergency pet hospital serves the greater Southwest Kansas City area, including the communities of Leawood, Olathe, Merriam, Shawnee and Overland Park. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. Our pup Unfortunately cut himself on accident, and when we walked in the door we didn't get an empathetic "Can you tell us what happened? Why wear it on your chin? Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Read more, Upgrade to Premium to view the number of applicants for this Job, Upgrade to Premium to start a conversation with Bluepearl Veterinary Partners. If your pet requires a veterinary specialist, we are ready for that too. Our dog was no better no one ever called to keep us informed we had to keep calling them. She wasnt any better the next day, so we called and told them that; the hospital said to wait 24-48 hours and the front desk even asked the vet there at the time what we should do. When in doubt, take your pet straight to the emergency vet. Fast service, reasonable pricing. In all fairness the woman at the desk was absolutely wonderful and very kind, along with the vet tech. Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans. We needed a doctor to call communicate their opinion. Overland Park Veterinary Emergency and Specialty. Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty. View Our Overland Park Location. . We offerTrupanionpet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. I don't know what's going on at this place, but the lack of communication between staff and the total lack of professionalism by the vet made this one of the worst vet experiences in my 30+ years of dog ownership. We are all in this together. Will not recommend or return. Mission Veterinary Emergency & Specialty has an experienced team and we aim to provide efficient, compassionate care for your pet during unexpected events. We are looking for experienced Customer Service Representatives- preferably with veterinary experience, but we are willing to train. role at BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital. I understand that it is an emergency/specialty clinic, but with the over charge on diagnostics/treatment makes you just want to put your fur baby to sleep for good as it way too expensive. I had issues with the billing, but the office manager was very professional and handled the issue when I called and spoke with her the following day. Hours: Open 24 hours 7 Day a week. To book a consultation, please call 913-361-3800. Our experienced team of veterinarians, vet technicians and support staff work closely together to provide the comprehensive, compassionate care your pet needs and deserves.