This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. The supporters at Hampden made the morning TV show in a discussion about this Saturday's service. If you have any information as to where they may be, then please call police quoting reference numbers 0151 of Saturday, 29 April or 4309 of Friday, 28 April 2023. Natalie, 15, was last seen around 10am on Friday (April 28 . Gregor Miller, from Edinburgh, will be taking on 'five bonkers runs in five months' to raise awareness of MND after his dad Campbell Miller died from the deadly illness. East Lothian traffic: A1 closed as emergency services rush to vehicle fire near Tranent, Edinburgh crime: Princes Street Gardens closed as police investigate rape of young woman. A family house in Moredun was sprayed with bullets. Trainee West Lothian nursery worker pushed child's head back with her fingers, Following a hearing with the Scottish Social Services Council, Cornea was given a 12-month warning on her registration after placing her fingers on the child's head and pushing them back, A1 East Lothian incident: Emergency services rush to car engulfed in flames, Two fire appliances and the ambulance service rushed to a car that burst into flames on the A1 westbound Bankton junction between Cockenzie and Tranent on Monday afternoon, Edinburgh workers discover 'ghost sign' for lost shop with a curious past, The building was once rented out by a single mother who was a confectioner, and her three children. Scots dad died of MND after 'bad golf club grip' led to heartbreaking diagnosis. It has transport links on a par with other similar areas of the city, with the Lothian Buses service 8 and Edinburgh City Council chartered Lothian and First East Lothian 18 passing through the area, with the 3, 7 and 29 services running nearby. Two Edinburgh teenagers have been reported missing as police launch an appeal. Scots mums dream home nightmare as sewage floods bathroom and hallway. The right-back has had to be patient in waiting for a chance under Dyche and looks to have got one. And behind the gateway is the cage of the legendary baker's baptism - long ago, if a baker was cheating with the ingredients, this would immerse him in water. What happened to your poor innocent father? [1] It is to the north of Ferry Road, immediately east of Muirhouse, and to the west and south of Granton (the Boswall, Royston Mains and Wardieburn neighbourhoods). It was a long fall from grace. The crowd then dispersed. Reece Rodger, 28, went missing on Saturday March 18 while away with pals on the banks of Loch Rannoch, near Pitlochry in Highland Perthshire. The Liberton/Gilmerton ward is one of the most beautiful spaces and people shouldnt be in fear of going out.One parent said the community had predicted knife crime was going to happen. Pilton is a residential area of northern Edinburgh, Scotland. At his trial, his defence team, led by Donald Findlay QC, claimed Bains memory for the months preceding the savage beating had been erased. She gasped when she was told it could fetch a four-figure sum. Email. Wed also appeal to both Natalie and Calib to return home or make contact with the police or their guardians as soon as possible.. [8] Some prefabs built in the 1950s still exist; however, most of these have been replaced by newer and permanent housing. George Edwards, 18, was found unresponsive at his home, clutching a teddy. I recall one time, when I was four or five, sitting in my fathers black Mercedes and seeing a German tank that had been burned. The motive for the attack, at around 09:00 (08:00 GMT), remains unclear. There hadnt yet been a verdict, but his lawyer had visited my mother many times over the summer of 1946 and prepared her for what would happen. And is it also suitable for children? Reece Rodger, 28, went missing on Saturday March 18 while away with pals on the banks of Loch Rannoch, near Pitlochry in Highland Perthshire. Scots dad died of MND after 'bad golf club grip' led to heartbreaking diagnosis. Saturday: 10.00 am 5.00 pm VideoThe secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure, LGBT troops take love for Eurovision to front line, Why an Indian comedian is challenging fake news rules. Please check the website of the museum prior to your visit. County/Unitary Authority: City of Edinburgh, Other places near Moredun, City of Edinburgh (EH177HH), 10 best hill walks in Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Contents1 Where is the nicest place to live in Edinburgh?2 Is Leith [] When my father learned of this, he told my mother, Now Nikis father is dead.. Their star-crossed relationship had sowed the seeds of that night, and years later, the volatile union was still a source of bad blood between the families. On the other side of the door was Hermann Goring, a very senior member of the Nazi party who was also on trial at Nuremberg (he was sentenced to death but committed suicide hours before he was due to be executed), talking to his wife, Emmy, and their little daughter, Edda. web www.visit-rothenburg.com, From November to April A drum of petrol with shotgun cartridges strapped to it was left on her doorstep. Get the latest Scottish crime and courts news sent straight to your inbox with our daily Criminal Record newsletter. Jeremy Vine cracks up over Celtic X-rated chant as coronation defiance sparks morning TV debate. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. The estate of Gut-tres or Goodtrees was the family home of James Stewart but it was renamed Moredun House in 1769 by the new owner, David Stuart Moncrieff, in recognition of a hill on his Perthshire estate. A poll for Asthma and Lung UK Scotland found more than six in ten Scots are worried about air pollution near our schools, with 72 per cent wanting a pulluters ban. Forth Road Bridge incident: Bridge between Edinburgh and Fife closed due to police incident, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, This website and its associated newspaper are members of Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Use world-renowned Ordnance Survey mapping with unlimited use of every OS Explorer and OS Landranger map for the whole of Great Britain. Edinburgh Live reported yesterday (Tuesday) that a large number of youths were involved in a disturbance to the south of the city. 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber Safety Index: 68.58. Police believed he feared reprisals from members of Dionnes family. Enquiries into the incident are continuing.". None of the injuries is thought to be life-threatening. When you are rejected in this way by your father, you only have two options: You can become a psychological wreck or you can keep a healthy distance from your father, which, subconsciously or by chance, is what I did. EDINBURGH, Ind. For such a small area, Craigour consists of a wide variety of house types. Thats instant access to 607 maps to view, print, or download to your phone - all included in your subscription. These are the most deprived areas in Edinburgh. the Moredun Institute. You do not belong to our family. A teenage boy from Greenwood is dead and a 20-year-old suspect is in the Johnson County Jail, accused of shooting him Saturday in Edinburgh. Natalie was last seen around 10am on Friday morning in Howdenhall. I didnt understand where we were. Edinburgh emergency services scramble to 'disturbance' in residential area. The Burdiehouse Burn flows through the area.[7]. The boy was taken to Riley Hospital in Indianapolis, where he was pronounced deceased Saturday. Then. Use OS Maps to see more detail including footpaths, bridleways, cycle tracks and rights of way. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. He was last seen wearing a grey tracksuit and white trainers. Monday to Friday: 9.00 am 5.00 pm The Duchess of Sussex has a number of estranged family members, including her dad Thomas Senior, half-sister Samantha and half-brother Thomas Junior - who all went on Australian TV. Moredun and Craigour. Labour councillor Lezley Cameron called an urgent community meeting to give local parents, children and residents a forum to voice their concerns following a riot close to the Moredun high rise flats on April 15 involving over 30 youths, some of whom were armed with knives. Seven years later, the couple tied the knot at Shotts Prison. Cllr Cameron said: We would have liked this issue to have been discussed sooner because myself and the management committee have been raising concerns for some time. View our range of products and services to help you make the most of your time outside. Reece Rodger went missing in March while on a camping trip with his friends but with no recent sightings or new leads, his partner has issued a heartfelt plea. Now we want to know what we can do to stop this. In the months following the ceremony, Edinburgh was again rocked by violence, with the jailhouse nuptials feared to have sparked fresh animosity. I stuck out my tongue at him. The facility was instead created in the form of the Murray Homes for the Scottish Veterans Association in 1929. Call for action against school gate polluters as 72 per cent of Scots back car idling ban. Eyewitnesses report police taping off the area just off Holyrood Road, as officers attended the scene following reports of a 'disturbance' at a property. There was only one time, towards the end of the war, when we were sitting at Schliersee lake and saw an armada of planes on their way to bomb Munich. Here, Niklas, who was born in 1939, describes what it was like to grow up with a father who was a high-ranking Nazi: I remember visiting my father in the prison in Nuremberg when I was seven years old. Hes white, 5ft 7in in height, of slim build with short light brown hair. They are welcome to each other.. Name: Moredun, City of Edinburgh X/Y co-ords: 329079, 669540 Region: Scotland Country: Scotland Place type: Suburban Area Lat/Long: 55.91370010,-3.13620200 Height: 87.2m Location Grid Ref: NT 2907 6954 OS Explorer Map: 350: Edinburgh County/Unitary Authority: City of Edinburgh Other places near Moredun, City of Edinburgh (EH17 7HH) Olympic rowing legend Sir Steve Redgrave opens up on harrowing health battle. Then Dionnes Range Rover was hit by gunfire, leaving a large hole below its private registration plate. My father mocked me: What do you want Niki [this was what my family called me]? Holiday: closed, 2020 Stadt Rothenburg ob der Tauber | Marktplatz | 91541 Rothenburg ob der Tauber | Telefon 09861/404-0 | Fax 09861/404-109 |, Rothenburg ob der Tauber A city of towers, Castle Garden in Rothenburg ob der Tauber A park for taking a break, Picturesque: Rothenburg as Landscape Garden, Historical festival Master Draught in Rothenburg. Donald Trump announces new golf course to be named after his Scots-born mum. In 2007, he launched a court battle to become the first prisoner to have sex behind bars in Scotland. Natalie Anderson and Calib McMurchie are from the Howdenhall and Moredun areas of Edinburgh but have been missing for over 24 hours. EDINBURGH Edinburgh Police Department is investigating after a juvenile boy was shot and killed. Speaking from prison after being convicted, Bain said: I honestly cant remember anything. Adorable fox cubs living beneath hot tub for warmth spotted playing in garden. Two teenagers missing from Howdenhall and Moredun as police appeal for help to trace them. Compare Edinburgh with: Do you live in Edinburgh? Everyone get to the rear!". He's white, 5ft 7 in height, of slim build, and short light brown . Michael Beale kickstarts Rangers rebuild as Scott Wright and Jon McLaughlin set for transfer exit. West Lothian crime: Quantity of cash and jewellery stolen from Livingston home, You're not really from Edinburgh if you haven't done most of these 13 things, Police believe pair are together in Edinburgh area. Or get more like this straight to your inbox. Amid this turmoil, Bain assaulted Dionne on the morning of April 22, leaving her needing hospital treatment for bruising to her cheekbone and nose. A family house in Moredun was sprayed with bullets. Natalie Anderson, 15, and Calib McMurchie, 16, were last seen on Friday morning. Gregor Miller, from Edinburgh, will be taking on 'five bonkers runs in five months' to raise awareness of MND after his dad Campbell Miller died from the deadly illness. He would be pursued through the streets by a mob who chased him from the Edinburgh bar. Today (April 26) marks 2000 days since Jagtar Singh Johal, known as Jaggi, was locked up amid accusations he was involved in a political murder plot in Punjab, northern India. National World Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved. I cried when I was told he was dead. was last seen at around 9am on Friday morning wearing a grey tracksuit and white trainers in the Moredun area. Man tackles massive German Shepherd to ground after it mauls wife in CCTV footage. Emergency services were called to Gilmerton Road on Sunday evening and cordoned off the area before the victim was rushed to hospital. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. Id like to concentrate on the community coming together to reclaim their safety and their neighbourhood. A teenage boy is dead and a 20-year-old suspect is in the Johnson County Jail for shooting him Saturday in Edinburgh. George Edwards, 18, was found unresponsive at his home, clutching a teddy. Paper Subscription to the Daily Record and Sunday Mail, Paper Subscription to the Paisley Daily Express, 2023 Scottish Daily Record and Sunday Mail Ltd, How to sign up to our Scotland Now newsletter, Ian Blackford accuses Boris Johnson of "breathtaking arrogance" after he doubled down on support for Dominic Cummings, Ian Rankin regrets not buying pub after lockdown shut down his favourite boozer, Shooting in Ardrossan leaves one man dead, Teen who felt 'sick and overwhelmed' found dead in bed by mum. The train station was closed in 1949 and in 1968, the line was discontinued which was part of the infamous Beeching Cuts of the 1960's. Police issued pictures of the pair and said they were appealing for the assistance of the public to trace them. According to the Edinburgh Police . It sits in the constituency of Edinburgh South and its latitude and longitude is: 55.913706 -3.136183. . Police were able to break up the incident and one arrest was made. I wish I could remember. We need them to be part of the solution.. Ferry runs aground with baby on board after smoke in engine room, Nurses strike continues: Major disruption for NHS services in England, Additional flight to evacuate Britons from Sudan today, Ryanair cancels 220 flights over May 1 bank holiday due to strikes, Hardcore coronation fans already camped outside Buckingham Palace, One dead and seven injured in Cornwall nightclub knife attack. Crime Moredun residents demand police patrols after gang riot involving 30 youths with knives A community left terrified after a mass riot at Moredun and an increase in the threat of serious. Housed in the building of the former Johannis Cloister of the town, it is directly adjacent to the St. Johannis Church. She just enjoyed her life the dinners with guests, the shopping trips. People are scared to go outside at night, afraid to walk their dogs and petrified of letting their kids go out to play, its not right. In front of the entrance into the Medieval Crime and Justice Museum, you can already find a pillory for selfies and photos of your beloved. Police were called to the disturbance in the city's Moredun Park Grove, where a house was also vandalised. After exiting the main building, visitors can rest at the cafeteria of the Johanniterscheune and/or view one of the regular special exhibitions at the Medieval Crime and Justice Museum. Craigour (.mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}555453N 3815.5W / 55.91472N 3.137639W / 55.91472; -3.137639) is a neighbourhood of southeast Edinburgh, Scotland, next to the A7 (Old Dalkeith Road). Paul Jennings and his wife Sasithon were walking with their Beagle Cody when the massive dog broke free from its owner and lunged at them. In addition to numerous informative plaques, the third floor of the permanent exhibit automatically draws the eye to the replicas of the imperial treasures made of high-quality materials: The imperial crown, scepter and apple represent the three most important imperial insignia of the emperor. City centre night spot Walker's became a mecca for those looking to party from early in the afternoon till the wee hours of the morning. I felt triumphant towards him, but Hilde pulled me back. View details and apply for this residential officer job in Edinburgh (EH17) with City of Edinburgh Council on Totaljobs. [3] The house was acquired in 1923 to convert into a convalescent home for ex-servicemen. And you cant miss the iron maiden from Nuremberg when you visit Rothenburg after all, thanks to Bram Stoker, its a legend in the literary world. The right-back has had to be patient in waiting for a chance under Dyche and looks to have got one. Craigour has a nearby primary school[12] (technically just outwith its boundaries between Moredun and Fernieside), a pub (close to the Royal Infirmary just across the main road), corner shop and bookmaker adjacent to one another. Next on the list is Moredun and Craigour. Crime 0 120 31.42. The community believes bringing a permanent police presence back to the area will help stave off further incidents as well as involving local high schools Gracemount and Liberton to get to the root of the problem. Two teenagers have been reported missing in Edinburgh, with police asking the public to help trace them. Something went wrong, please try again later. Over 60 people joined the meeting at the Goodtrees Neighbourhood Centre, desperate to find a solution to the ongoing antisocial behaviour problems in the area. Never explore without one! He planned to lodge legal papers to fight for the right to conjugal visits from Dionne. More than 20,000 Russians dead in Bakhmut, US says, France May Day protests leave dozens of police injured, 'Fighter jets are roaring over my home in Sudan'. Tracing Your Edinburgh Ancestors, Alan Stewart, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Edinburgh, Moredun, Craigour Green, Moredun House, Moredun Temporary Housing Area, Phase 2, Stage 1, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Moredun&oldid=1149632639, This page was last edited on 13 April 2023, at 13:02. When the mother died, her daughter, Margaret Tait Smith, took over the lease, Meghan Markle's estranged family shares unseen snap she 'never wanted world to see'. The Line of Duty star and Scots comedian were raising a few tipples to the 1-0 victory at Glasgow's Hampden park on Sunday. A number of people were seen standing out on the street on Monday night. [1][2], The estate of Gut-tres or Goodtrees was the family home of James Stewart but it was renamed Moredun House in 1769 by the new owner, David Stuart Moncrieff, in recognition of a hill on his Perthshire estate. Kieran Maule ,24, Dylan Patrick ,22, and Aaron Henderson ,20, were captured on camera launching the brutal attack on John Foster at Hunter Square, in Edinburgh, just off the . At the heart of the Moredun community, the library sit right next to Craigour Park Primary school and local shops. It even had to endure literary lies by the romantic writer Bram Stoker. Crying woman helped by hero ASDA worker who told customer 'follow me'. Our chauffeur said oh thats a Tiger Tank and I was thrilled. Calib McMurchie was last seen about 9am on Friday morning in the Moredun area. For me, being the son of a mass murderer brought many advantages. Then add the number to your contacts as 'Edinburgh Live'. An Edinburgh MP has claimed that Monday's violence in Moredun was linked to an incident in which a person was stabbed in Gilmerton. November March: 1 pm 4 pm. Martin Compston and Kevin Bridges enjoy Celtic Scottish cup semi-final win with boozy celebrations. Steven MacLean sure fans will answer club's rallying call and turn out in force for Dundee United game, The first post-split fixture takes place at McDiarmid Park on Saturday afternoon, Ange Postecoglou in fresh Michael Beale shutdown as Celtic boss returns to 'lucky' jibe in Scottish Cup celebrations. Crime stats were found at the Edinburgh, City of level: Type Scotland Edinburgh, City of; Total Crimes (per 10,000 people) . Police had warned Bain his life was in serious danger just weeks before the Marmion shooting. The footballers were on separate night outs at Chinawhite Manchester in early April when Rashford rescued Lehmann upon her arrival at the venue. Donald Trump announces new golf course to be named after his Scots-born mum. Pilton, Edinburgh. The attack comes months after a Somali immigrant fatally stabbed three women in the city of Wrzburg. I sat on my mothers lap and my father was on the other side of a large window with small holes at the bottom of it, through which we could hear each other talk. Family pay tribute to 80-year-old Lanarkshire wrestling fan who never missed a BCW show, Steven Paton was best known for his passion for wrestling, particularly East Kilbride-based company British Championship Wrestling (BCW), Tributes paid to dad-of-two who died while snorkelling on family holiday. Bain spent a week fighting for his life at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after being set upon outside and later underwent plastic surgery. Explore in 3D: The dazzling crown that makes a king. Convicted Scots conman died owing 5,000 in withheld wages. Family 'leave empty space at dinner table for Scots man detained in India as part of their hearts is missing. Bain himself claimed hed been attacked with a machete, run over by a speeding car and almost stabbed in front of his two kids. This came a day after a teenager was stabbed in the nearby Gilmerton. One of my most significant memories of my father is from when I was about three years old and we were in Belvedere Palace, where we stayed sometimes. He announced that work on his new MacLeod course dedicated to his mother, Mary Anne MacLeod was now beginning. Edinburgh crime: Princes Street Gardens closed as police investigate rape of young woman, Forth Road Bridge incident: Bridge between Edinburgh and Fife closed due to police incident, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, This website and its associated newspaper are members of Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Laschs father would drive a truck full of stolen goods from Poland to Germany and when Himmler discovered this, he arrested Lasch, knowing that he was my fathers friend. Scots double killer dies in Carstairs 30 years after murdering wife. The survivor of the Marmion shooting, James Hendry, was jailed for 40 months for culpable homicide after killing former Royal bodyguard Edward Dooley with a single punch in 2008. The terrifying attack came just days after an 18-year-old man was left with serious facial injuries after being beaten in Gilmerton. EDINBURGH, Ind. Packed full of outdoor ideas across Great Britain, the GetOutside app makes it easy to find things to do and places to see near you. The man, who asked not to be named, spoke out following a number of parents being given parking fines after they were unable to park in the designated car parks due to a number of events taking place. This was founded in 1920 by some forward-thinking farmers who were worried about the possible impact of new intensive farming methods upon livestock and was committed to the scientific research into the treatment of animal diseases. . Did this woman die because her genitals were cut? Most populous nation: Should India rejoice or panic? Monday to Friday: 9.00 am 5.00 pm And behind the gateway is the cage of the legendary bakers baptism long ago, if a baker was cheating with the ingredients, this would immerse him in water. As a museum on justice and legal rights, the Medieval Crime and Justice Museum also examines the legal conditions between the states or within the empires: How did the Holy Roman Empire work with the emperor in the German nation? Something went wrong, please try again later. She and Bain had been childhood sweethearts at Liberton High School, and she described him later as a bit of a poser but a good guy to me. An Edinburgh MP has claimed that Monday's violence in Moredun was linked to an incident in which a person was stabbed in Gilmerton. Niklas Frank is the son of Hans Frank, the governor-general of German-occupied Poland during World War II. Topping the list of most deprived areas in Edinburgh is Great Junction Street in Leith. Meghan Markle's estranged family share unseen photo she 'never wanted the world to see'. It was instead found unsuitable and demolished. Did you know with a Digital Subscription to Edinburgh News, you can get unlimited access to the website including our premium content, as well as benefiting from fewer ads, loyalty rewards and much more. Andrew Evans, passed away less than one month before his 61st birthday while on a family holiday in the Caribbean. The first of the trials was the Major War . We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. There was a heavy police presence after the train was halted at a station, The secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure. A number of people were seen standing out on the street on Monday night An angry mob descended on an Edinburgh street last night following reports of an alleged criminal living there. The Duchess of Sussex family including her dad Thomas Snr, half-sister Samantha, and half-brother Thomas Jnr sat down with the Australian news show 7NEWS Spotlight. Himmler had Lasch killed in the prison of Breslau. Police officers raced to the scene on Moredun Park Road in the Craigour area of the. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Edinburgh Costa Coffee announces sudden closure with note left on door, The popular caf on Leith Walk closed down last week rather unexpectedly, with a thank you note to customers left on the door before all the interior was stripped of all its furniture and counters, Edinburgh train cancellations: Tragedy as person hit on tracks leading to disruptions. mail info(at)rothenburg.de Near the car was a boy of between eight and 10, looking at me in a very sad way. And which prejudices about the dark ages may be inappropriate? We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Oh you poor poor little boy, people would say. The group. On November 20, 1945, several months after the end of World War II, a series of military tribunals began in the German city of Nuremberg. Two teenagers who went missing in Edinburgh have been traced safe and well, say police. A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Around 8.30 pm on Monday, 16 August, 2021, police were called to a disturbance and vandalism to a house in Moredun Park Grove, Edinburgh. For more stories from across the Edinburgh area like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. The Medieval Crime and Justice Museum doesnt glorify war or violence, which means that the question about child-appropriate presentations of the contents can be answered with a yes. Sunday: 10.00 am 3.00 pm Convicted Scots conman died owing 5,000 in withheld wages. Updated: 6:19 AM EDT April 30, 2023. According to a rumour in the family, my presumed biological father was Karl Lasch, the governor of Galicia and one of my fathers closest friends. But for me it was a great adventure. Police confirmed that their enquiries were ongoing. Partner of missing Reece Rodger tells their son 'Daddy's gone fishing' six weeks on. I had known that we were privileged, that we were not normal people, but the war was not that real to me. Andrew Fisher, who murdered his wife in 1990, died on Friday following a battle with dementia. What can we do?Jackie Stewart, a life-long service manager at Edinburgh City Council, said young people in the area are feeling similarly unsafe. The man, who asked not to be named, spoke out following a number of parents being given parking fines after they were unable to park in the designated car parks due to a number of events taking place. A number of LNER trains have been disrupted after a person was hit on the tracks. fax 09861/404-529 Moredun contains two clusters of shops on Moredun Park Road as well as a library and a primary school. Read about our approach to external linking. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. The boy was transported and later died at . On the same night, a second bomb was left beside the Inch home of an associate of Bain, while a house in Gilmerton was hit by gunfire. The bank holiday marks a day off for many but the age-old tradition used to see many Edinburgh locals trekking up Arthur's Seat to wash their face in the morning dew.