Read more:Last day you can spend old 20 and 50 notes and what if you miss deadline. When he comes and visits us, he blends in easily. Recycling royals: How Charles will re-use chairs made for the coronations of his mother in 1953 and Latin translation of 'long live Queen Camilla, long live King Charles' will greet royal couple as they enter Glimpses of the unlikely action hero who would become our King: CHRISTOPHER STEVENS gives a glowing Rare 12th century coin that depicts Malcolm IV of Scotland will go on show in Dunfermline to mark the King's Queen's sweet six words of joy and approval to Prince Philip during Prince William and Kate Middleton's Practising for Charles' big day! Hassan is believed to still live in Somalia and work as a telecoms engineer to provide for his wife and ten children. The Real Mo Farah is set to air tonight at 9pm on BBC One, offering viewers a chance to get to know the story behind of the Britains greatest Olympians. Mo Farah has a twin brother named Hassan Farah. He wrote: "As a young kid, and not understanding the situation fully, I blamed my dad for not bringing Hassan back with him. Investigating Artificial Intelligences Moral, Ethical, and Legal Repercussions, Inside Syrian Artist Jwan Yosefs New Atelier Overlooking Los Angeles, Grammy-Winning Producer Swizz Beatz Takes Us Through the Inaugural AlUla Camel Cup. Call for millions to take part in 'Homage of the People' to King Charles at the coronation sparks backlash NANA AKUA: Why I'm thrilled by the invitation to pledge my 'true allegiance' to King Charles III, MICK HUME: An oath of allegiance to the King? Mo gets a very warm welcome when he arrives in Somaliland with his young son Hussein, who was given his real name as a tribute to his family. I sent you off to your uncle in Djibouti so you could have something.". Both brothers grew up in Djibouti and were born in Mogadishu, Somalia. Wenn Sie Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten. He did not know where they were and most did not know where he was. As a child growing up in the scorching African country of Djibouti, Mo Farah's twin brother Hassan was his best friend, confidante and ally. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images When he was four years old, his father Abdi was killed in the civil war that lasted ten years from 1981 to 1991 and claimed the lives of over 100,000 people and caused nearly a million people to move. But who is Mo Farahs twin brother and why were they devastatingly split up from a young age? Hassan says he was told one night that they would all go to Europe together, but when he woke up Mo was gone and he didn't see him again for many years. But who is Mo Farahs twin brother and why were they devastatingly split up from a young age? The Olympic legend described their bond to be extremely close and mentioned that Hassan was a part of him growing up. The flights for the family of five had cost too much to cancel so it was decided that Hassan would stay behind to recover and join them later. He has a beautiful family around him. After fleeing with his family from Mogadishu to Gabiley, Mo spent his early childhood with his twin brother as a refugee in Djibouti. Klicken Sie auf Alle ablehnen, wenn Sie nicht mchten, dass wir und unsere Partner Cookies und personenbezogene Daten fr diese zustzlichen Zwecke verwenden. Or you can head to the BBC iPlayer app or the BBC website to stream it for FREE. Dad just wasnt able to locate him.". Farah was a cheeky, happy-go-lucky child remarkable, given that in moving to London from Djibouti, he was separated from his twin. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. "A mother and child are never distant. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Nervora Technology, Inc. Cond Nast International. When Hassan got married in 2003, Mo saved enough for the 500 ticket to Djibouti to attend his brothers wedding. People often ask me what it . That's how you left. I must listen to my body and keep my focus. Does Farah have one more magic moment left? Want all the latest gossip straight from the jungle? Souness fights back tears as he announces emotional retirement on Sky Sports, Sky Sports' Martin Tyler slammed for 'racist' comment about Spurs star Son, Fulham's Pereira stretchered off with suspected broken leg in worrying scenes, Referee savagely attacked by player and left with broken jaw and missing teeth, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Aisha claims she doesn't know anything about the real Mo Farah and that she still calls her son by his birth name, Hussein. Get all the latest I'm A Celeb news and campmate gossip straight to your phone, All the stars expected to be unveiled by Ant and Dec for this year's I'm A Celeb, I'm A Celeb winners are now from campmate babies to new beginnings, I'm A Celeb bosses introduce buzzers to keep crew at two-metre distance, Pick your favourite I'm A Celeb winner ever and choose between Ant and Dec, HEIRS TO YOU BOTH: William to pay 'loving, heartfelt' tribute to King and Camilla at Coronation concert - as pictures reveal huge stage where rock royalty will perform, Voters back striking nurses as NHS staff begin biggest walkout yet, TV star unrecognisable as she shows off dramatic 'hair transformation' on hen do, Graeme Souness QUITS Sky Sports after 15 years as he fights back tears in studio, Britain's Got Talent viewers think they have worked out the real identity of CGI cat, Rapist who forged 2.5million Lotto ticket may LOSE 700,000 home and luxury cars after dramatic court battle to keep hold of swindled fortune, Meghan Markle's friend urges her to 'do the right thing' as dad's health worsens, British gardeners are being warned not to mown their lawns during May and June, Kate Middleton could ditch tiara for Coronation - and wear FLOWER crown instead, 'I've waited five months for chemotherapy, now I'm scared my cancer has spread', Mum has 14 tattoos on her face and even inked her own leg despite being 'wimp with pain', Bank Holiday Monday scorcher as temperatures forecast to hit 19C, Subscribe to Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror newspapers. Hassan, the twin brother of Team GB gold medal star Mo Farah. Born Hussein Abdi Kahin, he told the BBC that his father, Abdi, was in fact killed when he was just four years old. It's important they you tell your story.". "When I went to sleep they put you on a train. When I went to the airport, I ran to Mo and we both cried uncontrollably. In the documentary, he said: "I had all the contact details for my relative and once we got to her house, the lady took it off me and right in front of me ripped them up and put it in the bin, and at that moment I knew I was in trouble.". Sir Mo Farah attends the 'Sonic the Hedgehog 2' Family Screening at Cineworld, Leicester Square on March 27, 2022 in London, England. The twin brothers and a sister went to live with a grandmother in . Striking nurses accused of risking patients' lives as thousands of staff in HALF of England's hospitals, Man in his 30s in killed and seven others are injured in knife rampage outside Cornwall nightclub as Bank Holiday Funday! It was later revealed that Hassan and their extended family had moved to Somaliland afters Mos mum went searching for them. Head on over to Mirror Online's dedicated I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here's Facebook page here. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. That night was the last time I saw you.". This void that I carried with me for so long was finally filled. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Mo Farah, in full Sir Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah, birth name Hussein Abdi Kahin, (born March 23, 1983, Somalia), Somalian-born British distance runner who won gold medals in both the 5,000-metre and 10,000-metre races at both the 2012 London Olympics and the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. When they arrived in the UK, the woman took him to her flat in Hounslow, west London and took a piece of paper off him that had his relatives' contact details on. Speaking to the Sunday Mirror he said: 'I made a huge mistake, but why should I be double punished for something I've done? I never wanted to let him go., The opportunities afforded to the Farah twins in the UK and Djibouti were wildly divergent. "Never in my life did i think i would see you or your children alive," she says. "When I went to the airport, I ran to Mo and we both cried uncontrollably. Farah's mother sent him and twin brother Hassan (L) to live with an uncle in Djibouti (Image: GETTY) Trending When producers track down Kinsi, he hopes she might provide more answers as the sister . Four-time Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah will be discussing more of his childhood including the details of his brother Hassan. The 29-year-old will earn. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Ill never line up unless Im ready and capable of mixing with the best. When i woke up you were already gone," explains Mo's twin brother. The brother of athletics legend Mo Farah hasbeen deported to Somalia and is living a life of poverty on the streets after serving four-years in jail for false imprisonment. And Muktar, the man Mo initially claimed to be his father, is the husband of the woman who brought Mo to the UK. LONG distance legend Mo Farah is one of Great Britains greatest ever Olympians - and his twin brother has been a key to his success. Ive always said Id love to finish my career on a high and thats still what I want to try to do. Mo thought they would only be apart for 2 months but Hassan and the extended family werent there when Mos dad went to collect his other son. "Years later, I discovered that when dad had arrived in Djibouti, Hassan was nowhere to be found. 1 Mo Farah (L) and his twin brother Hassan (R) in Teddington Credit: News Group Newspapers Ltd There was never any doubt in Mo's mind that he would get in contact with his mum - and he was thrilled to discover that his brothers were also alive. The pair were eventually reunited after 12 years apart, and Mos brother was instrumental in making the runner the success he is today. When Hassan fell ill shortly before they were due to depart, it didn't appear to be a big deal. At his London home is one such picture, depicting what is perhaps his most celebrated moment. And Muktar, the man Mo initially claimed to be his father, is the husband of the woman who brought Mo to the UK. Mo Farah Religion. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Households set to pay a record 20,000 on mortgage interest payments and other borrowing costs over the next STEPHEN POLLARD: It's often the self-proclaimed anti-racists who are the foulest of the lot. Hassan had fallen ill and stayed in Djibouti with their extended family when Mo left for London with his family at the age of eight. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Get the news you want straight to your inbox. Hassan previously mentioned: "When Mo was sent away I was left with an empty space in my heart. "We were living in a place with nothing. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. His mother says she felt like "transporting to him with all the joy I felt" when she heard his voice again for the first time in a decade. "I got off the aircraft and looked around. In reality, Mo had no way of contacting his twin nor his other family members. After two weeks of searching, Farahs dad was forced to return to London without his son. There were times when I thought I was never going to see him again, Farah remembers. Sir Mo, 39, has previously highlighted the stability which his identical twin brother brought to him growing up in Somalia. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern, indem Sie auf unseren Websites und Apps auf den Link Datenschutz-Dashboard klicken. Mo Farah yesterday added a lucrative sponsorship deal with Virgin Media to his growing portfolio of endorsement contracts as he reaps the rewards of his gold medals. Farah once said that Hassan was a telecommunications engineer living in Somalia with a wife and ten children. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. On meeting Mo, Hassan said "When I went to the airport, I ran to Mo and we both cried uncontrollably. They were born in Mogadishu, Somalia. He was given the name of another child when he was trafficked to the UK aged nine, separating him from his twin brother in the process. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Mo and Hassan Farah were inseparable once upon a time, Mo Farah claimed that they used to eat off the same plate growing up, Hassan has always watched and been in support of his twin, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).