Best thing about LBA is the value of the teachers and staff and Christian beliefs and standers they abide by is really whats important to me. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is an above average, private, Christian school located in THEODORE, AL. The best way to experience our church is to join us in-person where we worship together and hear a relevant message from Scripture. My children went there and now my grandchildren attend there. Join us this week! I think the curriculum at LBA is very challenging for the student and they have to pass with 80% anything under is not acceptable. Light House Academy is by far a great school. Please contact our Admissions Office toschedule a visitor to learn more about our Elementary program. The school's student-teacher ratio is 5:1. The school's minority student enrollment is 83.0% and. She joined the school staff in May of 2021. After graduation, 90% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college. Mrs. Lovett has been teaching Kindergarten 4th grade for over 7 years. Do You Work at Lighthouse Baptist Academy? Academics lets see my son when in public school was in gate straight A student since practically kindergarden ,if there was A's, and recieved presidents honor roll for his hole time in elementary up to 6th grade in his 6th grade promotion for never having droped under a B, and when it came time to test here he was still behind almost a year! Gil Torres. Basketball Home; Teams; States; Scores; . Lighthouse Baptist Academy In 2007, Lighthouse Baptist Academy was born, to provide young people with a Christ-centered education. Compare Lighthouse Baptist Academy to Other Schools, See All Lighthouse Baptist Academy Rankings, More About Lighthouse Baptist Academy Academics. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a private school located in Theodore, AL. Parents that care for their children to have a private school education. . After college, Miss Lillebo took a missionary internship with a small church in Auburn, Alabama. Mobile) network. That is the one issue that I would have to address, there are not lots of consistency with new projects or extra curricular activities. Graduation will take place at Diddle Arena on the campus of Western Kentucky University. Book Lists for the 2022-2023 School Year: Lighthouse Baptist Academy | 2581 Northwestern Pike | Winchester, VA 22603 | 540-662-5590, Lighthouse Baptist Academy| Lighthouse Baptist Daycare. The Lord brought the opportunity to teach at Lighthouse Christian Academy this last year, and I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to share Christ with my students.. All subjects are framed in Biblical truth and challenge students to use their God-given abilities to glorify Him. Lighthouse Admission Requirements * Third Year of High School * Have Earned at Least Eight Credits * Referral From Home School * Be in Good Standing at Home School in Regards to Attendance and Behavior * Student Interview * Students are Expected to Graduate from Lighthouse Academy once Enrolled 877 Jackson Street Bowling Green, KY 42101 She is very involved with all the students, she has 18 years experience and it really shows through. Located in a very diverse region rich in assets, not only geographically (relief, climate), but also economic and human, the Lyon-Grenoble Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes is the latest INRAE centre to be created. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a private school located in Missoula, MT. I will never send m kids anywhere else. Student-Teacher Ratio may not be indicative of class size. The sports or ec. After 28 years of teaching in a variety of roles, Mrs. Woodring joined the staff at Lighthouse Christian School in 2019 as their kindergarten teacher. Arthur Champagne. But as I said they are expanding. The student population of Lighthouse Baptist Academy is 10. Haley Fury was born and raised the Dove Creek, Colorado area. We are so happy and lucky to have found Sycamore. Academically Excellent. Tweets by @LHA_WCPS !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)? When I left, the band was planning to do more concerts and a band trip! He joined Lighthouse Christian School in August 2019 and currently teaches 4th-5th grade Bible. She has been married to her husband Keenen for 12 years and their two daughters also attend LCA. Miss Benefield is also responsible for the elementary vocal music classes. After thirteen years, Id say that Lighthouse Baptist Academy gave me the best education and experience they could give. Mrs. Danyell Lahmann Elementary Teacher. This education is offered, absent of the many temptations and philosophies that are prevalent in today's society and schools. God has brought Danyell to serve alongside herhusband and five children on the Navajo Reservation as missionaries. I have such a passion for teaching, and am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of Lighthouse Christian Academy this year.Alisha Gaasch was born and raised in Las Cruces, NM and moved to Colorado in 2011 after she graduated from New Mexico State University. Mrs. Megan Shepherd Elementary Teacher. She received her Bachelors in Elementary Education at West Coast Baptist College. School leader email. But the main thing I like about this school is the teachers hearts for the Lord. Elementary teachers are highly qualified and participate regularly in professional development opportunities. In college, she gained assurance of salvation and began to look for where God wanted her to serve in foreign missions. Mr. Timothy Hiti graduated from West Coast Baptist College in 2020 with a Bachelors in Church Ministries and in 2021 with a Masters in Christian Education Administration. The Centre is part of a particularly dynamic ecosystem, within the second French . Alisha has taught in Las Cruces, at Dolores Elementary School and at Teddy Bear Preschool. Overall, we like the school environment, office staff, and most of the teachers are proficient and respectful. Most private schools have application deadlines at the beginning of the calendar year. We loved being at Ekstrand last year and couldn't recommend it enough! As they are getting close to graduating in the next couple of years, she began to pray about what to done after they were gone. Brother Champagne has been a member of Lighthouse Baptist Church since 1998. It is calculated using the reported number of students and full-time equivalent teachers. She is very professional and you can just tell how much she loves the kids. Neighborhood. Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaska Native and Two or more races are not included in this breakdown due to an enrollment of 0%. When I graduated in 2019, they were already planning on expanding and adding new things. She also teaches middle school typing and girls PE. If you wish to report an issue or seek an accommodation, please, 442-H New York Standard Operating Procedures. The lord is there guidance for teaching the students and causes the students great success, Cottage Hill Christian Academy - West Campus, Cottage Hill Christian Academy - Church Campus. Lighthouse Academy can be found under Building Forms. THEODORE, Ala. ( WKRG) - A private school in Theodore is under fire for encouraging students to dress up as homeless people for spirit week. More information will be included here soon. (787) 885-3755 www.lbaceiba.com The Hewitts have served as missionaries in the country of Sri Lanka from 2005-2020, where Pastor Hewitt finished his Bachelors degree at Liberty University. Lighthouse Baptist Academy N/A 5 reviews Grades K-12 Students 75 Type Private 2600 North White Avenue La Verne, CA 91750 (909) 596-0060 Nearby Schools Browse other schools near Lighthouse Baptist Academy Elementary Middle Public Bonita Unified School District Fred Ekstrand Elementary School 453 Students Do you work at Lighthouse Baptist Academy? Located withen the Schools Content Pages. Mr. Hiti also teaches Algebra 1, Boys PE, Yearbook, 6th Grade Bible, and Business. Mrs. Lexi Hiti graduated from West Coast Baptist College in 2021 with her Associates degree in Secretarial. Susan Payne has been in education for over twenty years. Lighthouse Christian Academy; Meet Our Staff. She truly is special! This school is over all a amazing school. Naomi Bradshaw and her husband Tyg have two sweet boys. As a teenager, her heart was hugely burdened for missions, but she began to struggle with assurance of her salvation. The principal, Mrs. Horsley goes above and beyond her call of duty and truly cares for each student. Mrs. Susan Payne Principal. Alisha loves being a Wife, Mother and Teacher. Graduation will be held at Diddle Arena on the campus of Western Kentucky University. He also helps teach the secondary Bible class and preaches in chapel throughout the year. Mrs. Curry is a retiree of a public school district and enjoys working with staff and families at LCS. These reviews are not written by U.S. News. Distinctively Christian. If you don't like volleyball or music then you basically can't do any extra curricular activities as a girl, and if you're a boy you're only offered basketball, flag football, or something to do with music. This year we belief he was put with a teacher that wasn't a good match for him. The Curriculum. My daughter just started Kindergarten at Chaparral and I am absolutely blown away by how amazing this school is. Grades 7th-12th use a combination of Abeka Book, Bob Jones, A.C.E., and other materials as needed. She graduated with a Bachelors in Elementary Education and Minored in Science. Copyright 2023 Lighthouse Baptist Church. Mrs. Shepherd is so excited for the opportunities that will be available serving the Lord in this ministry. School attendance zone. Please. My child has been attending Vista for two years now. Miss Haley Fury Elementary Teacher. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. They embrace a Biblical model for instruction and discipline as they instruct our students and equip them with the skills neededfor future service in Gods kingdom. Follow us on social media to stay connected with us throughout the week. More opinions are needed to display this poll. Three of their children currently attend Lighthouse Christian Academy. Weekly Services. She has always had a heart for children and attended West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, California, to pursue Gods will for her life. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a private school located in La Verne, CA. After moving to Cortez at the beginning of 2021, the Lord answered that prayer with the opportunity to join the staff at LCA. Change the color of the page to white on black, Change the color of the page to black on white, Change the color of the page to yellow on black. I dont know how they can be outdated or not focused on academics when he is still trying to catch up and is doing great here now that he is being actually challenged fir his level. Change Content Title Changes the Tab Title. Leave a review of your or your child's private school for a chance to win $2,000. The Clermont-Auvergne-Rhne-Alpes Centre brings together the units located in the Auvergne region, from Bourbonnais to Aurillac via Clermont-Ferrand, with 14 research units and 14 experimental facilities, representing 840 staff (permanent and contractual staff). The principal Nuanes is a person who most find to be approachable, professional and good with students. Ministry has always been a huge part of her. This is the cheapest private school in the area, but it's too expensive for most people because you have to pay tuition plus at least $50 everytime the school has a fundraiser. Her parents took her to church from the time she was born and at a young age she made many confessions of faith. Average ACT composite score out of 36, as reported by Niche users from this school. Lighthouse Christian Academy; Meet Our Staff. She joined the school staff of Lighthouse Christian School in the spring of 2021 as an administrative assistant for Dr. Walsh. Crumly, thank you for investing in our students! He joined the Lighthouse Baptist Church Staff in June of 2016. Lighthouse Baptist Academy Basketball Staff. She enjoys helping the older students develop a heart for the Lord while working hard in school and making important life choices before they graduate. Learning occurs in a nurturing, challenging, and affirming Christ-centered environment using instructional methods suited for varied learning styles. The elementary program is enriched with music, art, band, library skills, and physical education. Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. She has a great desire to help students learn and grow! Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities. Carretera 3 km. Brother Champagne retired as a Master Gunnery Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps and has on staff from 2003 as the Principal of the Lighthouse Christian Academy. Graduation for the Lighthouse Academy Class of 2023 will be held Saturday May 27th at 4:00 pm. She also plays in the church orchestra and serves in the nursery. I feel so lucky that my son goes to Shull, where I know he's in a safe and nurturing learning environment. Their oldest son is currently attending Texas Independent Baptist College. They truly love their teacher.I am truly grateful for our experience at Chaparral. Average SAT composite score out of 1600, as reported by Niche users from this school. 'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); To provide a positive, caring and supportive community where all students are successful. Students grow in academic skills, social understanding, biblical knowledge, and independence in studies. She has gained the experience of working with preschool age children, and the many special parts of the education process required for them. Students usually perform 3-4 grade levels behind public school students. We know our experience will be better next year. Alisha and Jared have four kiddos, two girls and two boys (Kooper, Rylee, Jesse and Jayme). They engage the children in hands-on, project-based learning that invigorates their imaginations and nurtures their curiosity and love of learning. Mrs. Kaitie Gray Academy Consultant. Reviews & Ratings. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.Deuteronomy 6:7 KJV. She worked for the Pion Project for several years before joining our team. When Lighthouse Christian School was looking to expand the preschool department, Mrs. Huggler decided to bring her skills to her home church. Pickup location will be in the front lobby of Lighthouse Academy. After graduating from High School, she went on to attend Pensacola Christian School and earn her Bachelors in English. When Lighthouse Christian School was in search of extra help for the K4 program, Miss Kali Jo answered the call. Lighthouse Baptist Academy | 2581 Northwestern Pike | Winchester, VA 22603 | 540-662-5590, Lighthouse Baptist Academy| Lighthouse Baptist Daycare, A ministry of Lighthouse Baptist Church | Winchester, VA, A K4-12 Christian School in Winchester, VA. They are currently serving at Mexican Water Baptist Church. She is excited about her first year teaching in the academy! 10th Grade Homeroom Teacher / Elementary Athletic Director. Graduation for the Lighthouse Academy Class of 2023 will be Saturday May 27th at 4:00 pm. Miss Abbie Lillebo Elementary Teacher. ;). He joined the school as Administrator in May of 2021. Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. Our mission is to lead students to a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and to prepare college-bound students through an arduous program of academic excellence by Christ-centered teaching, application, and example." Small Groups and Synergize Youth Group, Wednesday Evenings Nathan Shaffer. She grew up in a Christian home, where her parents stressed the importance of not only going to church, but also making a personal decision to follow Christ and walk with Him every day. They genuinley care about each student and there goals as individuals, the small class rooms provide a way better learning enviroment and the way they handle student issues is commendable. honestly 80% of the food they serve is extremly greasy, burnt, or both. It has 441 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. We are so proud of the high quality of instruction that our teachers bring to the table.Mrs. Dr. Sterling Walsh is the Pastor of Lighthouse Baptist Church and the superintendent of Lighthouse Christian School. They have teachers that love and care about your grades they support your every move in life and they will be honest with you if it's a bad move they will tell you. The only reason the kitchen scored a 95% from the health department is someone tips off the school so the staff kids can scrub the kitchen for hours the night before, but. * Tuition and fees may vary depending on grade, boarding status (if applicable), and may have changed for the current school year. Our Team - Lighthouse Baptist Church Senior Pastor Pastor Steve Smail joined the staff at Lighthouse Baptist Church in August of 2005. Our mission continues to be helping to establish a Biblical foundation and promote academic excellence in our students' lives. Last year she had the opportunity to work with the teens in the Jr & Sr High and has loved it! The teachers love the students, the administrators want the best for the kids, and your always reminded of Gods love and guidance. She has beenmarried to Jared since March of 2022. If you are looking for a quality Christian education for your child, Lighthouse Baptist Academy might be a good fit for your family. Mrs. O'Connor is the new principal and I truly feel so blessed to have her as my daughter's principal. Pastor Doug Fisher . She enjoys singing in the choir and is a teachers helper in grades 1-2 Sunday school class. Site powered byChurchMediaHQ. 2600 North White Ave., La Verne, CA 91750, The Private School Scholarship Sweepstakes. Data is not available for sports and athletics programs at Lighthouse Baptist Academy school. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Sundays at 10:45 AM & 6:00 PM Trulia is a registered Trademark of Zillow, Inc. Zillow, Inc. holds real estate brokerage, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, Zillow Group is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for individuals with disabilities. He also oversaw the Jail and Juvenile Home Ministries. The 22-23 Lighthouse Baptist Academy varsity basketball team roster. Dr. Sterling Walsh founded Lighthouse Christian School in 2013. Due to the nature of varying enrollment numbers . Pastor Nathan Walsh graduated Valedictorian of his class at West Coast Baptist College. LBA has college prep courses to get in to college if your child is wiling to do the hard work. Check with the school office staff to view a copy of the Scope and Sequence for the K4-12th grades. A big congratulations to Mrs. Kindra Crumly for receiving the Golden Apple Award for her excellence in teaching! Miss Jessica Kolet graduated from The Crown College of the Bible in 2011 with a Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education and taught at another Christian school for four years. U.S. News and World Report began collecting tuition data in June of 2021 via the school's website. Facebook page. The 22-23 Lighthouse Baptist Academy varsity basketball staff roster. Abraham Torres. Sundays See full rules here. Brother Payne has been involved with Christian education for over ten years. After the Air Force, he went to Atlantic Baptist Bible College, and eventually returned to serve his home church in Omaha, Nebraska. JT Wilson. Herff-Jones will be in the building May 8th at 9:00 am for senior cap & gown pickup. Use our Parent Portal in Gradelink to monitor your child's academics, discipline, finances, and more. It is our great privilege to serve, not just our students, but the families of our students as well. She accepted Christ as her Savior when she was fifteen years old. In the Lyon and Grenoble metropolitan areas, and the Haute-Savoie department, INRAE units contribute to research activities at the Lyon-Saint-Etienne, Grenoble-Alpes, and Savoie Mont Blanc . He and his wife Zenaida (Zeny) have two adult children. B. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is an above average, private, Christian school located in THEODORE, AL. Grades 7th-12th use a combination of Abeka Book, Bob Jones, A.C.E., and other materials as needed. 11th Grade Homeroom Teacher/Music Teacher. He served as our Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor, and Director of the Bus and Visitation Ministries. Services are live-streamed on You-Tube.Wednesday Evenings After graduation, 90% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college. Shull is the best school in the BUSD. Quebrada Seca PO Box 215 Ceiba, PR 00735 Tel. It's not good. Its an awesome school with great teachers that care. The schools minority student enrollment is 83.0% and the student-teacher ratio is 13:1. If you're not super religious, a trouble maker, or speak Spanish then you'll basically be a loner 90% of the time. "The Lord brought the opportunity to teach at Lighthouse Christian Academy this last year, and I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to share Christ with my students." Their oldest son is currently attending Texas Independent Baptist College. Copyright 2018 Lighthouse Baptist Church He has been given the opportunity to work with children his whole life, and brings a passion for learning to the classroom. Due to the nature of varying enrollment numbers each year, some 7th-12th grade courses may not be available. This school does not have enough reviews yet. Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents. The school, Lighthouse Baptist Academy, shared. To perform indoor hardware installation of base band unit (BBU), LPU, IDU etc . Responsibilities: Responsible for the installation of all hardware related to 3G and 4G for ZONG (PAK-China. Pastor Nathan Walsh High School Bible Teacher Mrs. Janice Russell Church/School Secretary Critical thinking skills that examine academics and life experiences from a Biblical perspective are promoted. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a poor school for academics. 6335 Swedetown Road N, Theodore, AL 36582. He joined the Lighthouse Baptist Church Staff in June of 2016. * Be in Good Standing at Home School in Regards to Attendance and Behavior, * Students are Expected to Graduate from Lighthouse Academy once Enrolled. Our mission continues to be helping to establish a Biblical foundation and promote academic excellence in our students' lives. This school is not for everyone! Basketball. We were also blessed with Mrs. Upshaw as my daughters 1st teacher, she is another amazing and special person. Miss Candace Benefield graduated from West Coast Baptist College with a Bachelors in Music. She has been a church member since 2012. 5005 Carlisle Road Dover, PA | 717-292-5000. IF a student at LBA was able to get a full ride scholarship to a University I think any other student can as well with the commitment and support from the parent. Mrs. Gray was raised in a Christian home and accepted Christ as her Savior at the age of eighteen. Mrs. Riley is an excellent testimony of what Lighthouse Christian School students can do after earning their diploma. The school's minority student enrollment is 28.4%. We don't know how kids get placed with certain teachers. Pastor Nathan also teaches the Speech class and a Logic class every other year. My daughter has already learned so much from her class. Most teachers don't have time to help so you better understand what goes on during class because there is no hope otherwise. Mrs. Emily Huggler has spent several years working with preschool age children. Lighthouse Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grade levels K-12. The entire school is focused on the well being of the students and they focus on the whole child, not just test scores. It is our desire to provide an education that will prepare students for the many challenges they will face in todays world. He has taught high school science for 6 years. Innovative Engineering Services - IES, Pakistan. Lighthouse Baptist Academy | Theodore AL In August of 2016, he began teaching the 10th-12th grade Bible class for Lighthouse Christian School. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. She graduated From West Coast Baptist College again in 2022 with her Bachelors in Church Ministry, and a minor in counseling. If you take your child out of this school and put them in a public school they will not send the transcripts until late in the year forcing your child to repeat the grade they just left the prior year from LBA. If you have ever called the church or school, most likely youve spoken with Mrs. Russell. Abbie Lillebo was born and raised in Alabama. Mrs. Julie Morrow, Mrs. Robin Reyes, and Mrs. Candy Tribuzio are the supervisors. Lighthouse Baptist Academy uses the A Beka Book Curriculum for all grades K-6th. She is currently a full-time monitor in the learning center, and primarily works with 2nd and 3rd grade. The curriculum is outdated and is not up to state standards. I love the super that we get from the principal and her assistants along with the teachers and pto members. She was blessed to grow up in a godly, hardworking, farmers home. In 2007, Lighthouse Baptist Academy was born, to provide young people with a Christ-centered education. Our experience at this school has been excellent. The kids really adore her and it is so cute to see how many run up and say hi or bye every day. Mrs. Naomi Bradshaw Elementary Teacher. Lighthouse Baptist Academybegins the formal process of building a strong, complete foundation to support a lifetime of growth and learning in the elementary grades. Graduation package is $55. Check with the school office staff to view a copy of the Scope and Sequence for the K4-12th grades. What are your favorite school events or traditions? Visits: 1,148. By far a blessing you will not find another school like this because LBA is just so special in so many different ways. Small Groups and Synergize Youth Group, 11502 Hwy 145 Cortez, Colorado970.565.9302, All Copyrights Reserved 2023. (909) 596-0060. He is a great blessing around the building and has a great spirit for the Lord! 2600 North White Avenue La Verne, CA 91750. KDE has released the 2021-22 school report cards. In May 2021, she graduated from Liberty University with a Bachelor of Arts in History and a minor in Apologetics. Mrs. Shepherd attended a small Christian college in Nebraska and studied music and education. The administrator is Pastor Tommy Morrow. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. $2,000 scholarship to be awarded in the form of a check. Click here to submit your review. Director of the Church's . Peshawar District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Both my children are current students here and there is no comparing the level of attention the teachers, staff, principal and pastor provide.There daily devosions weekly chapel and scripture memorization keeps them grounded in there walk with the Lord and more importantly helps them build there foundation on the rock of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. 2017 - mai 20181 an 4 mois. Music Director. Megan Shepherd was born and raised in Nebraska. Students grow in academic skills, social understanding, biblical knowledge, and independence in studies. Pastor David Hetzer (619) 461-5561 ext.111 . Students enjoy a deep and innovative academic program that includes Bible, math, spelling, English grammar, creative writing, history, and science. Mrs. Payne and her husband have four children and sixteen grandchildren that they love dearly! The student population of Lighthouse Baptist Academy is 243. The graduating classes from Lighthouse Baptist Academy graduate with the level of an 8th grader. Miss Joy Hewitt came to serve at Lighthouse Christian School during the fall of 2021. She is currently serving as the music teacher for Lighthouse Christian School in both individual and group classes. She now consults and assists Mrs. Payne from home with her son, Justin. Miss Fury is very blessed to be able to work at Lighthouse Christian Academy. We'd love to hear from you! Lighthouse Baptist Academy begins the formal process of building a strong, complete foundation to support a lifetime of growth and learning in the elementary grades. fvr. 6335 Swedetown Road N, Theodore, AL 36582. Are really good they are not very difficult but they give everyone a opportunity to have a chance at playing football.