Last-but-one seasons designer kit is available at the TK Maxx store (recently expanded to two floors of an already massive warehouse beside the old Watling Street). People love to be in the know, especially about the area where they live. The table below shows ten wards in this area, from the best to the worst. I'm no where near it's biggest fan but it annoys me when people just write it off. The areas that are among the best places to live in the UK, For daily updates and all the latest breaking news sign up to our free newsletter. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. On a busy Saturday in the town centre, all ****-life is there to be seen whilst maxed-up Vauxhall Novas weave between the three-up pushchairs blaring out the latest Westwood compilation LP. 30 in 2021, Nashville moves up five spots to . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Other than that it's pretty good! Time to find out. The BBC EastEnders star who's so smart she could've gone to Cambridge University despite only having one GCSE, This soapstar could've had success in a completely different area, Cambridge's Corpus Clock removed after glass smashed by vandal, The sculpture clock that is usually popular with tourist has been removed whilst its protective glass, that was smashed with a hammer, is repaired, Work to begin on Cambridge meadow expansion as summer events announced, The meadow expansion aims to introduce new wildlife habitats and improve biodiversity in the area, Developer withdraws plans to convert former village pub into flats, The application received the support of a large number of residents, All the roadworks in Cambridgeshire that could have an impact on your journey this week, If you've got somewhere important to go to this week, here is how you can plan your journey ahead of time, 'Do not eat' warning issued for Co-op goats cheese as product recalled from stores, A warning has been issued to Co-op customers who may have already bought the product, South Cambridgeshire council's four day work week trial hailed a success, It has been said that the trial "paves the way" for other councils to follow, Man arrested for driving Suzuki dangerously after Peterborough police chase, After ditching his Suzuki alto police chased the man on foot - he was arrested for dangerous driving, possession of class b drugs with intent to supply and failing to stop, The curious walk on the Cambridgeshire border that crosses four counties. Or Woburn if you have the cash. There were 105 reports of crime in Campbell Park and Old Woughton. Contrary to the residents' claim, buying properties in towns like Wellingborough has never been more popular. Most of the residential areas of Milton Keynes look the same to me! Of the 1,372 places across the UK there were 17 in Buckinghamshire - including many of the largest settlements. Current Resident: This neighborhood is on the edge of Downtown Tampa. The mean is the average you'd expect to pay for a rental property and the upper quartile is the average rental cost of the most expensive 25% of properties in Bletchley. Sat 5pm - 2am. I was born 4 miles from Buckingham - so it was my home town - it used to be a nice place but is rather like a Countryside suburb of MILTON KEYNES these days (Milton Keynes is a suburb of London) so if you like a 'Countrified London' it will suite you well. There were 39 reports of crime in Stony Stratford. The newer parts of MK are more to my liking, as i am starting to rent in Kingston. All opinion articles are for entertainment purposes only and are satire. Bletchley Milton Keynes Type: Towns & Villages Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, MK3 6EB Tel: +44 01908 677010 About First recorded as Blechelai back in the 12th century, the market town of Bletchley, as it is now known, is a thriving urban area with a rich history. Is Bletchley truly a nice place to live, or are Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes and Woburn Sands a lot better? Best Places to Buy a House. And so, by the late 70s, Bletchley was no longer nestling in a quiet part of Buckinghamshire. Banner. Time to find out. Online tools are used by police to map crimes in areas across the country, revealing the least and most dangerous areas to reside. Newport Pagnell South had 54 reported crimes in May 2019. Criminal damage and arson was reported 10 times, while burglary was reported eight times, as was vehicle crime. Naturally the more urban . There's also a good smattering of historic villages within the greater Milton Keynes area. Areas to avoid are Coffee Hall, Tinkers Bridge, Fishermead, Oldbrook, Eaglestone and Lakes Estate. Anti-social behaviour was reported 39 times. I like Campbell Park, Willen, Tattenhoe, and Newton Leys. Get answers to your questions about Milton Keynes, Car parking at the coachway MIlton Keynes junction 14, Is there public transport or a taxi to Bletchley Park, Marshall Amplifiers and The National Bowl - 9th April to 2nd, Women's Euro 2022 - where to stay with kids, Long term parking at Milton Keynes coachways. Of these, 17 were reported for violence and sexual offences, 13 for anti-social behaviour, and 12 for vehicle crime. Move to Ampthill - much nicer. Other theft was reported five times, burglary was reported three times, and theft from a person was reported twice. Scan this QR code to download the app now. You have Medbourne, Grange Farm, Oxley Park and Westcroft. Crime in Bletchley Using the latest Police street crime figures for the month of February 2021 we have compiled a table of the most voilent Policing areas in and around Bletchley. Of these, 49 were reported for violence and sexual offences, while 36 were reported for anti-social behaviour. It has a mix of Single Family Homes, Apartments, Townhomes, and Multi-Families. Hours. Kents Hill, Crownhill & Walnut tree are fine, it's a bit quiet but most villages in milton keynes are. I live in Leighton buzzard and its alright. where to stay for a weekend near Milton Keynes. If you recieve housing benefit or the housing benefit section of Universal Credit, the lower quartile is at the top limit of what would be affordable. The 11-minute video is thought to be a compilation of footage shot at the Whaddon Hall facility used by communication staff from the UK's Special Intelligence Service (SIS) - also known as MI6 -. Burglary was reported 15 times, while criminal damage and arson was reported 13 times. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here). So in order to help quench your thirst for knowing more about what goes on in Milton Keynes, we've taken a look at police data from May 2019 (the most recently available data), to find out what's going on near you. However, every time I went into MK, I couldn't help thinking of A Clockwork Orange! It has a number of beautiful and picturesque towns that offer a lot to the people who live there. The Grand Designs Castle for sale in Buckinghamshire, Gorgeous Grand Designs-style house for sale, Meet the Buckinghamshire National Lottery winners who won the jackpot. MK is horrendous, as is Bletchley. Of the 1,372 places across the UK there were 17 in Buckinghamshire - including many of the largest settlements. In terms of historical sites, Bletchley Park is Milton Keynes' greatest cultural treasure. Good luck xXx. If you are thinking of moving to Bletchley, you'll want to know how much you can earn in a job in the town. nearby. The English Indices of Deprivation also has crime statistics for Fenny Stratford. We've broken down police data to reveal the areas with the most crime, Sign up to our free email newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and daily roundups. from the M1, takes about 10 mins max as it is straight along a main grid route. Anti-social behaviour was reported 27 times, as was violence and sexual offences. Church Street cottages in Princes Risborough line a narrow street, Flower gardens brighten up the approach to High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, Shots of Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes. Best Public Schools. bletchleypark.org.uk Location: https://binged.it/2gkA3fP 5 Brunel Museum We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. If you are thinking of moving to Fenny Stratford, you'll want to know how much you can earn in a job in the town. These statitics are published by the government every 2-3 years. Of these, anti-social behaviour was reported 12 times, while violence and sexual offences were reported eight times. if these aren't one's thing, then no. Posh areas include Willen. I thought it was a lovely place and everyone was really nice (lovely church too). Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. This is where Alan Turing and his colleagues broke the Enigma Code during World War Two. DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. Stony Stratford is also supposed to be pretty nice. Probably the safest area of Bletchley. Huge estates were built on the once green fields of North Bucks. It contains all that is needed for a fulfillingly uncultured lifestyle. With ambition like that, surely Division 3 beckons. These statistics for Fenny Stratford are dated September 2021. Maybe you should try avoiding opinions based on hearsay, Eaglestone is as good estate as any you'll find that close to any big town or city centre. Opinion: Should I sell my home before house prices crash? Possession of weapons were reported 11 times. And, if you ever get to see the film Enigma, that beautiful setting the lake with the Aylesbury ducks, the tennis court, the country house, the crisply mowed lawns and all those narrow leafy lanes well, thats exactly how Bletchley used to be. Criminal damage and arson was reported 38 times. They are split into three figures, the lower quartile, mean and upper quartile. Sun 5pm - 1am. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Leicester: not recommended as a holiday destination, I lived here, North Devon: the second home ghost-coast nightmare, Harpenden the smuggest town in the smuggest county. High Wycombe, you would expect it to be a pleasant, it's far from it, Marlow, Full of smug yummy-mummies & the stockbrokers who keep them. Privacy Policy. Other theft was reported 16 times, while shoplifting was reported 14 times. Content. Garrington, a property finding company, has ranked a number of the county's towns along with other towns and cities across the country. Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes, an IHG Hotel, Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East M1, Jct.14, an IHG hotel. According to Ipsos, 42% of US adults moved or considered moving since March of 2020 (compare this to 2019, when an estimated 10% of the population moved). We've collated an average rank for all the Lower Super Output Areas (LSOA) in each ward in and around Fenny Stratford. Using the latest Police street crime figures for the month of February 2021 we have compiled a table of the most voilent Policing areas in and around Milton Keynes. But like all places there's good and bad. Using the latest Police street crime figures for the month of February 2021 we have compiled a table of the most voilent Policing areas in and around Fenny Stratford. Unfortunately, the film Enigma wasnt actually filmed in Bletchley, because that kind of Bletchley doesnt really exist anymore. Barking dogs, smashed windows, empty bottles of alco-pops and hideously strong lager and groups of aggressive teenagers in hooded tops accompanied by foul-mouthed girls who are frequently scarier than the boys the sort who seem to get pregnant the very first time they have *** (which is usually a few months after discovering that Father Christmas doesnt exist). Many decades ago, Bletchley was a quiet and charming little country town straddling the A421 and Watling Street, nestling on the border of North Bucks and Bedfordshire. Explore the best places to live in every state based on statistics and expert insights. Marlow comes out on top overall of the towns in the county - being ranked 287th overall. The Dons have taken up temporary residence at the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes but have ambitions to move to a purpose-built stadiumin Bletchley. Rows of clapped out houses, lawns strewn with battered settees and rusty cars. If you recieve housing benefit or the housing benefit section of Universal Credit, the lower quartile is at the top limit of what would be affordable. Thanks for the afterthought but I was already offended, I've lived on Eaglestone for 17 years now and apart from one lot of noisy neighbours have never experienced any problems here whatsoever. What are the best places to live in England? Registered in England. One end of the terrace would be leaking before they'd finished the other. Median Home Price: $366,113. These statitics are published by the government every 2-3 years. In layman's terms, this is how rough the ward is based on mutiple measures of deprivation including; employment, income, health, crime, housing and outside space. 180 Wards where immigrants outnumber people born in the UK. In an era of being encouraged to remain in our living rooms night after night, ironically, Americans are loading up their couches in a truck and finding their new best place to live. Criminal damage and arson was reported nine times, other theft was reported seven times, as was burglary. Every year, the list changes: we conduct exclusive studies and surveys, adjust our algorithm and add new variables and . All opinion articles are for entertainment purposes only and are satire. The table below shows ten wards in this area, from the best to the worst; Using the English Indices of Deprivation statistics, we've collated the average Index of Multiple Deprivation rank of all the LSOAs in the wards in and around Fenny Stratford. There are plenty of nice villages dotted around MK. I think some of the old victorian type houses in Wolverton are quite nice and good value for money. I_have_spoken. Some great food places to try are El Jefes and Hocca. Best for Families. Avoid Fishermead. My first job from school in Northampton was for an aluminium firm installing a revolutionary but utterly shite roofing in Coffee Hall and Bean Hill. For the last nine years, Livability editors and data scientists have combined our great love of cities and data to create our annual ranking of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. Not to. This is because after the war, having given the combined might of the **** military and intelligence machine a thoroughly good British thrashing, Alan Turing and all the other chaps and gals at Bletchley Park upped-sticks and went back to Cambridge and Oxford. They are a measure of how likely you are to be a victim of personal or material crime in an area, such as muggings or burglary. One of them apparently is near the Leisure Centre & 12 mins from the Bletchley station. We're in Loughton which is nice and is the grid square just behind the station so walkable if you need to. We've put together the full list of Buckinghamshire areas that make the list below. Are you looking for a modern house or traditional? Gosh looks like Bletchley has now been struck off the list. If youd like to join in, please sign in or register. Cold hard statistics culled from the Police, the Indices of Deprivation and the latest census. Other than that it's pretty good! Fri 5pm - 2am. So, life is good for the **** in modern Bletchley. Is Bletchley truly a nice place to live, or are Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes and Woburn Sands a lot better? Criminal damage. Every six months the Office for National statitics publishes a snapshot of rental costs. nw, Bletchley Park is mostly devoted to the efforts in breaking the Enigma codes, rather than female WW-II spies. Several reasonably-sized towns, including Beaconsfield, Buckingham and Haddenham, do not seem to have been included in the report. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Of these, 94 reports were made for violence and sexual offences, while 83 were reported for shoplifting. After ranking No. There were 78 reported crimes in Loughton and Shenley. Is Fenny Stratford truly a nice place to live, or are Bletchley, Milton Keynes and Woburn Sands a lot better? Of these, five were made for violence and sexual offences, and vehicle crime. Of these, 32 were for violence and sexual offences, and 14 for anti-social behaviour. Anti-social behaviour was reported 12 times, criminal damage and arson was reported 11 times, and other theft was reported eight times. It is situated in the south-west of Milton Keynes, and is split between the civil parishes of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford and West Bletchley . Cold hard statistics culled from the Police, the Indices of Deprivation and the latest census. 27 were reports of anti-social behaviour, and 12 were for vehicle crime. Of these, there were 36 reports of violence and sexual offences, and 22 anti-social behaviour offences. To the east was the Duke of Bedford's estate and the picture postcard countryside around Woburn. Woburn & Aspley Guise are lovely. What we say: According to YOPA, Wellingborough is one of the four best towns to live in in Northamptonshire. Criminal damage and arson was reported 32 times. They measures the risk of premature death and the impairment of quality of life through poor physical or mental health, lovely! Of these, 17 were reports of violence and sexual offences. Buckinghamshire is home to one of the most important sites in the history of computing and military intelligence. Today the park is open for the public to visit. I imagine that the director visited Bletchley Park and, on surveying the locale (after having read the vivid descriptions in the superb Robert Harris novel that inspired the film) decided hed taken the wrong exit of off the M1 and ended up in either Stevanage or Slough. I really love the Southside! You've found some estate agents and they have told you what you wanted to hear. Best Places to Live. 12/06/2021 03:44, Hi all. 25. Six reports were for criminal damage and arson, and four reports of burglary. During WWII, he worked on the German Enigma machine at Bletchley Park and later became head of the cryptanalysis division at GCHQ for 25 years. Leicester: not recommended as a holiday destination, I lived here, North Devon: the second home ghost-coast nightmare, Harpenden the smuggest town in the smuggest county. It's a large site so plan on spending at least a few hours there. To the east was the Duke of Bedfords estate and the picture postcard countryside around Woburn. There were 96 reports of crime in Stantonbury. He is looking to settle somewhere in Bletchley (I think he said near Tattenhoe / Bletchley Park area) - would that be a good move? I live in Bradwell Common which is nice, good schools and shops nice community. Crime in Milton Keynes. Bethlehem is a beautiful city, with lots to do and so many food places to try. Post events, places of interest and other interesting bits in and about Milton Keynes here! Hi, I am planning to relocate from Nottingham to Milton Keynes & was wondering if anyone could help with desirable/not so desirable areas to live? 2.2K Posts. Let me know if you want anymore info? A ten minute drive will have you feeling giddy. Broughton had 71 reported crimes in May 2019. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. You have Medbourne, Grange Farm, Oxley Park and Westcroft. Places to Live Rankings. If you like the city but also want a more toned down version of it, Bethlehem is perfect for you. The table below shows ten wards in this area, from the best to the worst; Using the English Indices of Deprivation statistics, we've collated the average Index of Multiple Deprivation rank of all the LSOAs in the wards in and around Bletchley. Will be going to Bucks tomorrow to view some properties. They measures the risk of premature death and the impairment of quality of life through poor physical or mental health, lovely! There were 161 reports of crime in Wolverton. Of these, violence and sexual offences were reported 55 times, while anti-social behaviour was reported 21 times. There were nine reports of vehicle crime, while there was eight reports of anti-social behaviour. However, it's not that bad for shopping, transportation (it has a station with good access to London, Birmingham, even as far as Wales and Glasgow), and there are good parks, supermarkets, etc. We've taken the healh question from the latest census to find out and how If you're still looking, i would choose Kents Hill everytime! If you are thinking of moving to Fenny Stratford, you want to know if the place is likely to put you on a downward spiral of ill health.