204 0 obj /Pg 183 0 R << >> 25 0 obj HS: With the opioid cases, were focused on bringing help to whole communities. I didn't realize that there was no way I'd ever get that job. 233 0 obj << Maybe we're not curing the world, but if there were 50 Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome babies infants who are suffering withdrawal because their mothers were users delivered in those emergency rooms in that county or the two adjoining counties, we know they were getting special care because of the money that we recovered. /Pg 189 0 R 165 0 obj 231 0 obj 136 0 obj /K 3 /P 237 0 R /Pg 183 0 R >> /S /TD /K 12 << On many occasions, I'd fly back home for a weekend, and I'd get off the plane and I'd find out that the person I was just with a few hours earlier had died. /Pg 182 0 R 199 0 obj /Artifact /P >> /P 8 0 R 181 0 obj /Lang (EN-US) >> /ParentTreeNextKey 30 /Type /Page /Lang (EN-US) /P 240 0 R /P 202 0 R 82 0 obj >> endobj /K 119 0 R >> /K 7 v. Uniflight, LLC /K 19 /Lang (EN-US) << 173 0 obj /Pg 186 0 R /P 8 0 R /Type /StructTreeRoot 192 0 obj /P 8 0 R /S /LBody 123 0 R 124 0 R 125 0 R 126 0 R 127 0 R 128 0 R 129 0 R 130 0 R 129 0 R 131 0 R endobj I get that for sure. << endobj >> 11 Plan, McKinsey Opioid Deal With NY AG Approved Amid Objections, NY AG Opioid Trial Now Set For June Amid Virus Concerns, McKinsey Seeks New MDL As Opioid Headaches Worsen, Roundup Claimants Slam Frankenstein-ian $2B Bayer Deal, DraftKings to Pay $8 Million to Settle Consolidated Class Claims, NY Opioid Trial Defendants Want New COVID-19 Delay, DraftKings Settles MD For $720K Plus $7M In Site Credit, Judges Blast Atty For Flint Client Solicitation Efforts, Why A Judge Put The Breaks On Flint Attys Opt-Out Mailings, Judge Blocks Improper Communications In Flint Lead Case, NY to Push Back On Efforts To Split Landmark Opioid Trial, Product Liability Cases To Watch in 2021: Opioid Bellwether Trials To Start, Former Purdue Pharma Members Agree to Testify Before House Panel, Another Opioid Bellwether Delayed For COVID-19, Purdue Guilty Plea Cuts Head Off Opioid Serpent, Landmark Flint water crisis settlement grows to $641.2M as it moves to court, Settlement of Flint water crisis lawsuits takes significant step, FDA, DEA Experts Cleared To Testify In NY Ags Opioid Case, CVS, Rite Aid Say Doctors Also Liable For Prescribing Opioids, NY AGs Opioid Epidemic Jury Trial Set For Early 2021, Walmart Opioid Lawsuit a Long Shot to Thwart Federal Enforcement. /P 30 0 R /S /Sect /K 31 /Lang (EN-US) How about in the pharmaceutical or medical device areas, do you have any cases that stand out as particularly interesting there? >> >> /S /P /TextBox /Art Hunter Shkolnik represented Nassau County in Ground-Breaking TEVA 2021 Trial. /Pg 188 0 R /Lang (EN-US) /S /P /Obj 277 0 R << /P 8 0 R << /K 2 << /Endnote /Note 224 0 obj Napoli Shkolnik PLLC. endobj >> << 28 0 obj /Annots [] << << >> LD: Youre really frontline with those cases. << /S /LI /Type /Page /S /P /Lang (EN-US) /K 18 >> /S /P << LD: Those two things are amazing: to have someone in law school take enough of an interest in you to let you shadow them, and then in your first year out of school, to be doing trials like that. Speaker, Mass Tort Dockets: Updates and Insights, Pharmaceuticals, Speaker, Global Settlements Update in Mass Tort Litigation and Mass Tort Management, Perrin Virtual Mass Tort Litigation Conference (March 2, 2022), Panelist, Opioid Litigation Conference, Perrin Virtual Conferences (September 9, 2021), Presenter, Mass Tort Webinar: Elmiron, CAMG January Webinar Series (January 21, 2021), Panelist, Elmiron Eye Damage Litigation, HarrisMartins Webinar Series (October 28, 2020), Featured Speaker, Achieving Sustainable Law Firm Growth Through Digital Marketing, HarrisMartins Webinar Series (October 1, 2020), Featured Speaker, Masstort: COVID-19 and the Law, Mass Tort News.live (June 30, 2020), Speaker, Whats Happening in the Litigation?, Perrin Conferences: The Opioid Litigation Conference (June 6, 2019), Speaker, How the Uptick in Opioid Litigation is Affecting the Industry: Key Takeaways from the MDLs, American Conference Institute (ACI) 2nd Annual Forum on Controlled Substances (February 5 7, 2019), Speaker, Mass Tort Landscape: Part 2, HarrisMartins MDL Conference: Current Mass Torts from E-Discovery Through Exit Strategies Navigating Game-Changing Dynamics (November 28, 2018)Co, -Chair, HarrisMartins Water Contamination Litigation Conference, 2018, Speaker, Current Motions and Defenses, The JPML Petitions: One MDL or Two? /S /Link /Lang (EN-US) They didn't need the money, it wasn't going to change their lives. /K [0 145 0 R 16] << At its close in December 2021, the lawsuit yielded up to $1.7 billion from the defendants, including: a $263 million settlement with Johnson & Johnson; a $200 million settlement with former opioid manufacturer Allergan; a $50 million settlement with opioid manufacturers Endo and Par ($13.85 million of which will be awarded to Nassau County); and a $1.1 billion settlement agreement with McKesson, Cardinal Health, and AmerisourceBergen, the three most prominent pharmaceutical distributors responsible for distributing and selling opioid painkillers. /K 14 endobj endobj /Tabs /S >> Suffolk County Bar Association endobj /Lang (EN-US) They didnt care about that; they wanted something done right for their daughter, who should never have been lost because of this playboy's stupidity. >> /Pg 190 0 R << I want the jury and the court to know that if I get up and say something, not only do I mean it, that I can back up what I'm saying. endobj /Lang (EN-US) /Type /MCR endobj /Pg 183 0 R endobj endobj >> /K 202 0 R 53 0 R 54 0 R 55 0 R 56 0 R 57 0 R 58 0 R 59 0 R 60 0 R 61 0 R 62 0 R /Lang (EN-US) >> >> endobj >> << >> /Resources 295 0 R /Pg 196 0 R /K 6 endobj 54 0 obj /P 8 0 R endobj << They didn't have the strength to do more than that, so you'd be there for upwards of six, seven, sometimes 10 days. /Pg 195 0 R /SourceModified (D:20180312210627) endobj >> During this time the litigation is still ongoing at full speed, moving ahead in several case tracks and a trial in New York for damages against Teva. 150 0 obj /P 89 0 R endobj >> along with Partner Patrick Haines and Associate Brett Bustamante of Napoli Shkolnik PLLC obtained a $24.1 million-dollar verdict in a case. /Pg 186 0 R endobj endobj BLL /Pg 196 0 R While the State and other government entities and officials have settled, Napoli Shkolnik PLLC will continue to pursue lawsuits and an upcoming trial against several other responsible parties, including Veolia North America ("Veolia"), Lockwood Andrews & Newnam ("LAN"), and the United States Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA"). Hunter J. Shkolnik is an esteemed and dedicated attorney who focuses on the trials of significant personal injury cases, primarily in the area of drug, automobile, aviation-related, and heavy truck product liability litigation. /P 8 0 R /Obj 286 0 R >> Hunter J. Shkolnik is an esteemed and dedicated attorney who focuses on the trials of significant personal injury cases, primarily in the area of drug, automobile, aviation-related, and heavy truck product liability litigation. endobj endobj endobj << /K 23 You have them take notes, sit in on depositions, go to conferences, until they work their way up. /Lang (EN-US) Copyright 2005-2023 Lawdragon Inc. Information displayed on Lawdragon is for general informational purposes only, the information is not legal advice and is not an endorsement or recommendation of any law firm, judge, or attorney. PBC waits for opioid case to go to trial. /S /P /Diagram /Figure >> >> American Association of Justice (AAJ), Past Chairman, Health Breast Cancer Litigation Group /Parent 12 0 R /P 218 0 R /Pg 196 0 R /O /Layout /K 22 >> $650 Million Pharmaceutical Settlement /P 8 0 R 71 0 obj HS: With Flint, as soon as it happened, we knew, myself and Paul and Marie Napoli, this was something we had to get into. 25 147 0 R 26 151 0 R 27 154 0 R 28 156 0 R 29 159 0 R] /K 2 /Lang (EN-US) /S /P endobj << /Pg 184 0 R 234 0 obj 184 0 obj /K 1 FIRM At A Glance NAPOLI SHKOLNIK PLLC 360 Lexington Avenue, 11th Floor New York, NY 10017 (844) 230-7676 www.napolilaw.com OTHER LOCATIONS Melville, Long Island, New York Los Angeles, California . /Pg 184 0 R 201 0 obj have learned that Co-Liaison Counsel Hunter Shkolnik has entered into excessive fee agreements to pursue individual actions involving the Flint Water Crisis for Flint residents, utilized his. 114 0 obj /Rotate 0 /K 26 /P 202 0 R /K [149 0 R 150 0 R] /S /P Hunter J. Shkolnik Napoli Shkolnik Published Jan 26, 2016 + Follow Water quality fears over lead contamination continue to grow in Flint, Michigan. /S /P /K 1 << /S /LBody 100 0 obj /S /P >> >> >> 226 0 obj endobj endobj << /Pg 190 0 R /CropBox [0 0 612 792] /K 7 << /CropBox [0 0 612 792] /P 8 0 R 238 0 obj /Pg 196 0 R (Napoli Shkolnik is Counsel to Nassau County.). /Pg 196 0 R LD: Does your firm have any sort of formal mentoring programs for younger attorneys to help compensate for that? << /Lang (EN-US) I was only out of school a couple of months, and they gave me a job and they promised me my first trial in a year, which was unheard of. Additionally, Mr. Shkolnik has also held officer positions in the New York State Trial Lawyers, Nassau County Bar Association and Committee Chair positions in ATLA Health Care Finance Litigation Group, Orthopedic Implant Litigation Group, AAJ Breast Cancer Litigation Group, Co-Chair AAJ Heart Device Litigation Group, and the Chair of the Medtronic ICD and CRTD Litigation Sub Group. /StructParents 16 NEW YORK-- ( BUSINESS WIRE )-- Napoli Shkolnik, one of the nation's leading firms litigating against the national pharmaceutical companies that fueled the opioid crisis, praised Judge Dan Aaron. /Type /Page /Lang (EN-US) >> I just hit it at the right time. (212) 397-1000 Ext.1006 | MHayashi@NapoliLaw.com. 64 0 obj /Pg 196 0 R 3 0 obj << /MCID 0 << /P 83 0 R /P 8 0 R 24 0 obj /Pg 194 0 R /Superscript /Span /Lang (EN-US) /Pg 182 0 R /K 0 79 0 obj That's an easier thing to do. >> /Pg 186 0 R 162 0 obj << /P 8 0 R /P 8 0 R LD: Such important work. He will return as a speaker at Mass Torts Puerto Rico (MTPR) in May 2023. >> /K 121 0 R 156 0 obj /Lang (EN-US) << /Pg 196 0 R The funds will be used in programs to address the fallout from opioid abuse the defendants marketing of opioids caused. >> << Great thing, I should say.. >> /Lang (EN-US) LD: Like armor for the battle. << /S /P 20 0 obj /O /Layout << /K 8 /K 4 /Lang (EN-US) /StructParents 14 >> Hunter's net worth hovers over $250,000 - $499,999 with a yearly income that's about $250K+. << /Lang (EN-US) /Type /MCR << He seemed to have no idea it was his last show. /Contents [247 0 R 248 0 R 249 0 R] >> << Hewlett-Packard Company Plaintiffs Steering Committee and Lead Counsel; Trial, Expert, Discovery Sub Committees and Co-Lead Trial Team. /Pg 192 0 R These were young women, very often with young families. Best Law Firms in New York, U.S. News & World Report, 2019 /P 8 0 R endobj /P 8 0 R /S /P /K 2 /Lang (EN-US) /K 10 >> /Pg 193 0 R NEW YORK, August 01, 2022--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opioid manufacturers TEVA and AbbVie have agreed to a structure that will lead to a combined $6 Billion paid directly to state and local governments of communities impacted by the opioid epidemic, a case that was negotiated by Hunter Shkolnik along with fellow members of The National Prescription Opiate Litigation Plaintiffs Executive Committee Negotiating Team. /S /P 97 0 obj 110 0 obj endobj We plan on proceeding to trial this Fall against a major international engineering company as well. endobj /Type /MCR /Type /Page >> >> 40 0 obj 178 0 obj /S /P 175 0 obj I'm not saying I won't lose the case anyway. >> With this settlement, Napoli Shkolnik, along with the litigation team, continue to hold national pharmacy chains accountable for their role in the opioid epidemic. endobj The trial team led by Hunter J. Shkolnik, Esq. /P 237 0 R 152 0 obj >> << /Metadata 4 0 R Sometimes Maria goes by various nicknames including Maria Hunter. endobj /Lang (EN-US) << /Pg 196 0 R 151 0 obj /P 237 0 R /K 28 125 0 obj Jeffrey Boatman, et ano. << Because by the end of the case, if they don't believe me and they don't think I'm trustworthy, I lose. endobj << /Type /MCR /K 25 They asked me to go back to the defense firm, and I almost did. << << /Pg 196 0 R /Annots [251 0 R 252 0 R 253 0 R 254 0 R 255 0 R] 138 0 obj /S /Footnote /Lang (EN-US) /Parent 12 0 R Hunter Biden's close relationship with his dad's new campaign co-chair revealed in laptop emails 'I am always happy to make time for the Senator," Hunter Biden said in a 2012 email to Sen Chris . /S /P /S /P /K 2 /K 7 >> Acrobat PDFMaker 11 for Word /Pg 186 0 R /Lang (EN-US) >> /S /P << << 164 0 obj 170 0 R 169 0 R 171 0 R 172 0 R 173 0 R 174 0 R 175 0 R 176 0 R 177 0 R 178 0 R /P 218 0 R /P 240 0 R /K 3 /P 8 0 R /S /Link There may be a psychological link to me becoming a medical malpractice lawyer after not getting into medical school, he quips. /S /P /S /P I really realized how important it was to continue those cases and get the compensation, because these people would have nothing once mom was dead. Napoli Shkolnik PLLC, as co-liaison and negotiating counsel in the Flint Water Litigation, along with interim class counsel and representatives of the State of Michigan Attorney Generals office, reached a landmark wide- reaching $600 million settlement with the State of Michigan, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (now the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy), City of Flint, former Governor Richard Snyder, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and several other State and City employees in the Flint Water Crisis Litigation on behalf of the citizens of Flint, Michigan. /P 8 0 R /S /Link /S /P /Lang (EN-US) /Resources 304 0 R 34 0 obj << It's not like you're dealing with a 90-year-old person who's passing away. Litigation Counsel of America, FellowMarquis Whos Who, 2018 /P 8 0 R endobj /P 8 0 R /K 33 Is Told Opioid MDL Judge Flouting Court Rules, CVS, Walmart Look To Shift Blame To Doctors in Opioid MDL, Tevas Proposed Opioid Settlement Could Cost Drugmaker Pennies on Dollar, Deadline Day to Opt Out of Federal Negotiating Class, NEO communities could be getting thousands of lawsuit dollars for drug treatment and prevention programs, Hunter discusses the ongoing Opioid Litigations across the country, Tevas drug giveaway might mean the company isnt giving away much at all, Ohio Bellwether Litigation and Upcoming Opioid Trials, Groundbreaking Opioid Settlement Reached with Opioid Manufacturer and National Opioid Distributors, Sackler family is slammed for buying a $7.4million mansion near Boca Raton before their company files for BANKRUPTCY amid legal battle over OxyContin manufacturers role in opioid crisis, Tevas proposed settlement could cost drugmaker pennies on the dollar, EXCLUSIVE: Sackler family company pays $7 million for mansion near Boca Raton, $260 million opioid settlement to fund treatment in Cuyahoga, Summit counties, Tevas Proposed Court Settlement Could Cost It Just Pennies on the Dollar, Ohio opioid settlement could set precedent for California cases, Tevas proposed opioid settlement could cost drugmaker pennies on the dollar, Reckitt inks $700M deal to clear states probes into Suboxone marketing, $260m deal saves four firms from historic US trial, $260 Million Deal Averts First Federal Trial Over Opioids, Napoli Shkolnik PLLC and Team Obtain Landmark Opioid Settlement in Federal Opioid Litigation, Four Drug Companies Reach Last-Minute Settlement in Opioid Litigation, Opioid settlement could bode well for Palm Beach County suit, Cuyahoga and Summit counties reach tentative deal with four drug companies in opioid epidemic case, Four drug companies reach $260 million settlement to avoid first federal opioid trial in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Summit counties get hundreds of millions of dollars, but opioid litigation far from over, State AGs Reach $48B Proposed Deal To End Opioid Cases, $48B Opioid Deal Outcry May Presage Plaintiff Infighting, Drug Companies reach $260M opioid settlement with Ohio counties, Drug Companies Reach $215 Million Settlement in US Opioid Case, Companies reach $260 million deal to settle opioids lawsuit, US opioid epidemic: drug companies reach $260m settlement, Opioid trial canceled after drug companies reach $260M settlement; case against Walgreens delayed, Opioid settlement: Will deal bring money to Hamilton County?