So, let's say you got someone to divulge their secret huckleberry picking spot with you congratulations! FLAVOR: Wild berries with a hint of sweet vitamins. Similar Strains. Be sure to try these other great pie recipes too! Amazing! Huckleberry produces a thick smoke, which can feel harsh as it works its way down your throat and into your lungs, causing you to cough uncontrollably for a few minutes. This hard-hitting strain is three times the fun! Tart, sweet, and delicious! It is for this reason that the strain is a great choice for social gatherings among friends. With the perfect hybrid you can have it all; a focused mind high that gives you an intense level of motivation, while also still enjoying the calming and mellow physical effects of an indica, which allows you to relax after a long day. You'll love the fact that it's not overly sweet, and bursting with huckleberry flavor! As someone visiting Montana from California, I had so many questions about huckleberries! There are no reviews yet. Thank you! Tried this Recipe? One thing that it can do well is to reduce stress. Be the first to leave a review! Follow the recipe steps up to dotting with butter, except do not dot with butter. What Is the Huckleberry Cannabis Strain? Chronic. Dot with butter. I like this combo too. Given that this is a strain named after the huckleberry, it is not surprising that it has a strongly fruity aroma with strong blueberry notes. These flowers have the thick and tightly-packed bud structure often associated with indica-dominant varieties. This has surpassed Blue Dreams as my favorite medical strain. Huckleberry is one of those strains that comes with a great scent. As is the case with many strains, most of the medical benefits are anecdotal. Add your info about this strain to the SeedFinder: 10 regular seedsActual special-offer onmyCannapotNow 15.00 % reduced! (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Feel free to email me and Ill send over some pictures. information about AllBud and the Cannabis industry. Please leave a 5-starrating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Help other patients find trustworthy strains and get a sense of how a particular strain might help them. I pour the batter on top of it, smooch it into place, then bake. more about me . Grump Mellow . Pacific Stone | 805 Glue Hybrid Roll Your Own Sugar Shake (14g), Pacific Stone | Kush Mints Hybrid Roll Your Own Sugar Shake (14g), Pound Cake - Premium Exotic Indoor Shake - Mylar 21g, Featured Farms | 1/4oz Smalls | Wedding Cake | 7.0g. It seems that the plant should be ready for harvest in October, most likely during the second or third week. Spicy and harsh and blueberry. Even non-cannabis users will find its sweet scent delightful. Published: Jul 28, 2019 Updated: Jan 30, 2021 by Hilda Sterner | This post may contain affiliate links 19 Comments. Do not worry though, because this will not last more than a few hours and taking regular sips of water helps to reduce the effects. I'm the creator of Hilda's Kitchen Blog, author ofMom's Authentic Assyrian Recipes, and a recipe contributor to Brian Baumgartner's Seriously Good Chili Cookbook (AKA Kevin Malone, from The Office). Not as physical as Indica dominant plants. They turn out wonderful - individual frozen berries, no hunks of huckleberries. Transfer the pie crust to your pie plate and keep in the fridge until ready to fill. Leafly and the Leafly logo are registered trademarks of Leafly Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unfortunately, it is not an easy strain to handle and it is not only because of its potency but also due to the possible negative reactions that come with its use. Huckleberry plants can be extremely temperamental and are therefore not recommended for novice growers who are looking for easy to grow strains to boost their confidence. .yum! It is challenging to find Huckleberry seeds online, meaning that for anyone looking to start growing, their best option is to source healthy, mature clippings which can be used to grow new plants. Huckleberry Pie begs for a big scoop of French vanilla ice cream, so make sure you have some on hand and don't forget a piping hot cup of coffee! Whole Earth Harvest looks like another option that you could try. This strain is best consumed in the late afternoon and evening hours, as its powerful effects are sure to leave you stunned and locked in place, perfect for relaxing after a long day at work. Huckleberry is a jack of all trades strain, managing to tick off all of the effects that you would hope for with a hybrid strain and impressively doing them all well. This equal divide makes it the ultimate daytime strain, with both mild mental and physical effects, that act as somewhat of aid throughout the day. Its parent strains -- as well its creator -- are unknown, although the strains strong berry scent and taste suggest a Blueberry lineage. An extremely smooth and fruity smoke makes this indica-dominant strain a great high to do whatever it is you please. I liked using the brown sugar and tapioca. So, what exactly is it that makes Huckleberry so special? Meanwhile, mix cup of brown sugar, cup of flour, teaspoon cardamom, teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Click to show all parents of Huckleberry Pie in our dynamic family tree map. The good news is that you do get used to the smoke, and if you can get through the first few puffs, the worst is behind you, and you can start to appreciate Huckleberrys berry pie flavor profile. I grew six plants I didnt yield the ton because my lights. Upload your "Huckleberry Pie" Photos here and help other growers to get a better impression of this variety. No clean up! Line the bottom of a 9" pie plate with one of the two pie crusts. Most people report Huckleberry causing them to feel motivated; for some people, this is expressed through creative means, while other people enjoy the chance to blitz through their work so that they are able to enjoy the later and more physical, lazy stages of Huckleberry. Had 5 seeds i acquired all popped going outdoors will see what happens. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. This strain is earthy in terms of flavor, and []. Click onto the name to get some more info! Cannabis grow journals, strain reviews by home growers, harvests and trip reports. Place the pie on the middle shelf of your oven and bake for 15 minutes then turn the temperature down to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30-40 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble over. Let me show you how to use unique ingredients to make tasty meals for your family! What Is the Huckleberry Cannabis Strain? Freeze the berry-filled bags until ready to use. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of these cookies. She told me that even though she has a personal "huckleberry picker", the dry year had resulted in a much smaller crop than usual while demand for huckleberries and jams was at an all-time high, so she had resorted to snatching up as many huckleberries as she could wherever she could. As such, prospective growers must obtain clippings from mature, healthy plants of the strain in order to grow genetically identical clones. The strain may be a temperamental grow, and is not recommended for newcomers to cultivation. It originates from the Hindu Kush mountain range, on the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan, and made its way to the US in the 60s. Make sure to save some huckleberries to make huckleberry wine! I am making a couple of pie and want to freeze them. You've stumbled upon a Huckleberry Pie related thread into a forum or growers community? Alphakroniks Huckleberry Pie is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds. When taken in high doses, the calming effects combine with the physical side of Huckleberry, acting as a counter to insomnia and ensuring that you get restful nights sleep and are ready to tackle the day ahead. Required fields are marked *. Required fields are marked *. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Huckleberry picking is not for the weak! Huckleberry by Elemental Seeds. In fact, it recorded a low THC level of 8% in some tests. Lets take a look. While we never had any luck finding them in the wild, we found some alternatives that worked while we were there and I have a few ideas for anybody who doesn't live in huckleberry country (or for when they are out of season). I ran into a nutrients issue but found the issue and it rebounded well. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Copyright 2023 Weedmaps. Flowering period is approximately 8-9 weeks, can be grown both indoors and outdoors When smoking with friends, you will notice the more social effects of Huckleberry, including an uplifted, giggly feeling, along with a desire to just sit in a group, talking and considering the world from new and interesting angles. We bought chocolate covered huckleberries when we were on a snowmobiling trip in Montana and they were so tasty, too! From the second that you breathe in the sweet smoke, your mouth is filled with a strong berry flavor. Agitate the berries in the water, and remove any obvious debris that floats to the surface. Pictures speak louder than words! It has also proven useful with those who suffer from depression and find it hard to get through basic daily tasks, finding themselves often lacking in motivation. . But due to the effects that it brings, it is also not hard to see how it benefits many people especially those with serious illnesses. The shift in mood to that of elation coupled with the relaxing effects is often enough to relieve patients from mild pains and aches. Brush with 1 tablespoon of milk and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Be the first one to write one. No large commercial producers have made seeds of Huckleberry available for sale online. As well as temperature, Huckleberry plants are sensitive to humidity, requiring a semi-humid climate and not reacting well to sudden changes. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This strain also has an incredible flavor profile, tasting of fresh berries, spices, and sugar. A much more economical solution to finding frozen or even frozen huckleberries is to simply buy huckleberry jam and use it instead. For some, it could invoke thoughts of Mark Twain and his classic book. When smoking on your own, it is most appreciated during the late afternoon; this gives you enough time to take full advantage of the increased sense of focus and energizing effects of Huckleberry, before settling down for a chilled and slightly psychedelic evening. This is for informational purposes only and not intended as medical advice. Heavy odors are met with equally thick and heavy flavors, with one puff of this one lasting a good 3-5 minutes on the palette. It's still definitely cheaper to pick them yourself or buy from a farmer's market, so you might want to stock up on huckleberries when you find them and freeze extras yourself so you can enjoy them all year long, even when it's not huckleberry season. Effects & flavors are reported by users on our site. Note: If using frozen fruit, quickly rinse off any ice that may have formed around the berries and drain them completely. Online Buyers Club 2022 All Rights Reserved. I'll make this again when I don't have huckleberries. What I do though - since I hate cleaning messes - is I use parchment paper in the glass loaf pan. BUY SEEDS FOR THIS STRAIN AT OUR #1 RATED, By clicking "Post Comment you agree with our. Dot with butter. Perfect for ice water and dry sift extraction. If you have any personal experiences with growing or consuming this cannabis variety, please use the upload links to add them to the database! The effects of this strain are a bit more on the milder side compared to some of our other strains. Bring the mixture to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Hi Gail, And I love your hack! You can change your cookie settings in your browser at any time. Please consult your physician before changing any medical treatment. In a small bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar and flour. White iX . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Take a gun (if you have one) and bear spray, we all know that bears like huckleberries too! Blend in until smooth and strain to. This amazing hybrid strain has origins and genetics of mystery, but the strains pungent berry aroma is not! ha ha! I love berry strains and when I saw Huckleberry, I knew I had to try it. Taste for sweetness, and adjust as desired. Chocolate Pie by Cannarado Genetics strain and weed information. Huckleberry is a versatile strain that can be enjoyed both on your own and with friends. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Space Queen Romulan x C-99; Romulan. We have established that Huckleberry is a great balanced strain that not only delivers a wonderful cerebral and physical high but also it also comes with great scent and taste. Hi Anna, The mysterious strain delivers a powerful mental high and an intense physical high. You found a related video with additional information or grow-infos about Huckleberry Pie on YouTube? If you don't have fresh or frozen huckleberries but you DO have huckleberry jam, here's what I recommend. Have you tried this product? My husband says this is the best huckleberry pie Ive ever made and Ive made a lot of them. The Huckleberry strain is best loved as a "wake and bake" strain, or as an afternoon strain. Hi Mary, Best Online Dispensary is a Canadian business operating on Indigenous territory, both treaty and unceded (stolen) lands. Terpinator . But I about panicked when the lady in front of me proceeded to almost completely clean out the seller of all her huckleberries! Enjoy the conversation and the natural beauty that surrounds you! 1) While the pie base is chilling, combine the berries, sugar, lemon juice, and zest in a large heavy bottomed pot. Huckleberry is one of those strains that comes with a great scent. The Bank Genetics also has a version of Huckleberry, which is an indica-leaning cross of Blueberry Headband with Fall 97. I like your idea for the banana bread. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Like it a lot. For beginners, Huckleberry may prove to be beyond their abilities. Huckleberries are native to the Northwestern United States. Hybrid strains are ideal for those times when you want both a mind buzz and a body high in equal parts without the strong effects of either. Even non-cannabis users will find its sweet scent delightful. As a result, Huckleberry is an ideal strain for getting work done, whether its problem-oriented or more loosely-defined and creative. So of course I germed them Now this time around 2 months in they literally switched to budding on their own like autoflowering. Thank you so much for the review. Step 1: Line the bottom of a 9" pie plate with one of the two pie crusts. Huckleberry Pie is best known for its robust fruity smell and taste. As the effects of Huckleberry start to wind down, you find yourself wandering into a peaceful, dreamlike state, with your body feeling lazy in a good way. Two hits and I felt damn good and pain-free half the day. That said, grinding up or breaking open these dense buds yields some slightly spicy notes, possibly suggesting an Afghani landrace in Huckleberrys background. You will notice a sudden burst of energy along with the sense that your mind is working at 100 miles per hour. What comes to the mind when talking about huckleberry? It's not a reality for us at the point in life, but this past summer we were lucky enough to go spend two weeks there at a fantastic AirBnB on 12 acres where we saw dozens of wild turkeys and deer, had a creek with trout on the property for nightly fly-fishing and wading with the girls, and even had a grizzly encounter with a bear in the backyard on our first day! What should you be looking out for when trying to spot Huckleberry? I'm also feeling pretty focused maintained with maturity. Please help to make this database better and upload/connect your information here! Effects Cerebral, Energizing, Euphoria, Motivation, Uplifting May Relieve Depression, Fatigue, Headaches, Mood Swings, Stress Flavors Fruity, Herbal, Nutty, Sour, Sweet Aromas Another troubling negative reaction is that while it can uplift moods, it can also make others feel more paranoid. These techniques paired with a stringent and diligent phenotype hunt have cultivated some of the most exciting and unique cultivars Oklahoma has to offer. Well, I'm no expert, but here are some great tips that I picked up from my neighbor, Neil. Luckily, Huckleberry has a much more predictable CBD content, with the average being around 0.1%. In the long run I yielded a 1/2 pound. Your email address will not be published. Most people have their own "secret spot" that they won't even share with their own mother. Some varieties have larger berries that are deep red when fully ripe and more tart than the purple variety.Huckleberry bushes grow in acidic mountain soil, and range in size from 1' to 5' in height. My husband has always dreamed of living in Montana. New Moon Cultivation was founded in 2018 with a single goal in mind: Provide high quality cannabis to patients in Oklahoma. You can easily alter this recipe to make a pie with crumb topping. Sorry, you must be 19 or over to enter this website. From all indications, it should thrive well in a Mediterranean climate. After 30 minutes have elapsed, remove the pie from the oven and turn up the oven temperature to 400-degrees F. Carefully distribute the crumb topping evenly over the berries, so that the berries are no longer visible. Now, Viola is running out a whole new line of strains in the Beaver State. Specifically, it was the Huckleberry Pie it was just so damn fruity. For this reason, think twice before even attempting to use Huckleberry strain. Super Skunk Strain | Cannabis Strain Review, Mochi Cannabis Strain | The Complete Review, Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information. Huckleberry can also be used as a general mood boost, for those days when you are feeling down and are in need of some cheering up. The flavor profile of Huckleberry is exactly what you would expect given its name and aroma. In a small bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar and flour. When picking the huckleberries, be sure to lift the branches to look underneath them. The pie will firm up when completely cool. If you prefer your huckleberry pie recipe with crumb topping, you're in luck! I enjoy the mild nature of this one. This later stage is best enjoyed in a calm environment where you can just sit back and allow your mind to wander. Your email address will not be published. For instance, while it is possible to experience dry mouth and eyes using cannabis, it is more likely to occur with this particular strain. Those Wappa dabs hit, boy. By the way, Huckleberry is also the state fruit of Idaho, USA. Above all, go with someone you love spending time with. Step 3: Set aside to rest for 15 minutes to allow the tapioca to activate. This product is currently unavailable in your area. . At $65 a bag, they are expensive berries! The secret to growing organic cannabis all starts with the foundation. Most of the huckleberry recipes I have made from pie to cheesecake to lemonade to ice cream, can all be made using huckleberry jam on its own or with blueberries as a replacement for fresh or frozen berries. This strain is a really wonderful smoking experience. Step 3: Set aside to rest for 15 minutes to allow the tapioca to activate. Here you find all cannabis varieties beginning or ending with "Pie"! Excellent anytime but it shines as in the morning and one of the few that has very little of the comedown or post smoking fatigue that often accompanies other cultivars. Key Lime Pie has a dense green furry body with traces of purple and a resinous base - it looks as good as it tastes! Upload your "Huckleberry Pie" Photos here. It does not take too long before the physical high starts to creep in as well. I don't have any Tapioca and I'm avoiding going to the store between now and the holiday season . I'm glad the recipe was a success and that you enjoyed it. The average price per gram of Bubble Gum is $10. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see. COA | Safety Data Sheet Add to cart If you need larger sizes than indicated, please call our Sales Department at: 1-855-444-4550. EFFECTS: Huckleberry Pie delivers a relaxing and soothing high. Home Recipes Dessert Pie Montana Huckleberry Pie, Published Aug 20, 2020Modified Feb 5, 2022. Add huckleberries and one shredded apple (optional) and mix gently to combine. 2 cups huckleberries (fresh or frozen) 1 cup brown sugar (or white sugar) cup water 2 tablespoon orange juice 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional) Instructions Add huckleberries, brown sugar, and water to a saucepan. Get ready for the best huckleberry pie you've ever had! Hi Amber, thanks for the review. As marijuana users know, the Indica side always brings calm to the body and as a result, users feel relaxed. As the high progresses, a mildly disorienting sense of physical relaxation begins to emerge. It has the classic earthy scent of marijuana that is accompanied by a strong hint of berry. Upon inhalation and exhalation, it has a sweet and spicy taste that comes with a strong hint of berry. As soon as it kicks in, Huckleberry induces users to feel good and uplifted. Does Huckleberrys aroma live up to its name? I bought this yesterday at my dispensary. WayofLeaf use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. It's really a balanced hybrid? The increased sense of focus that comes with Huckleberry makes it the ideal strain for those who have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As you grind Huckleberry, you start to notice a slightly spicy undertone which mixes with the berries, creating an aroma similar to homemade fruit pie filling. Today is the 3 rd time I am baking this pie at the request of a Jr.High age boy. Klick onto the name to get some more info! I kept this huckleberry pie recipe simple by using huckleberries, sugar, orange juice, and zest. Remove the foil during the last 15 minutes. Bring to a rolling boil for a few additional minutes and either skim the foam off of the surface or add 1 teaspoon of butter. Originating in the PNW, it was only appropriate this gem was named after the local, exotic fruit, the Huckleberry. Love this recipe? As such, it is not uncommon for users to feel giggly especially in the company of friends. Huckleberry plants have beautiful leaves which stand out thanks to their mottled purple and green coloring, which creates a moss-like appearance. According to several seeds banks carrying seeds from this breeder, Huckleberry has a unique aroma and flavor of orange marmalade and honey. And that flavor - super sweet blueberries, almost like blueberry jam or something! Place huckleberries in pastry-lined pan. Hits high in the looks, smell, taste and effects departments. . Despite the negative reactions, Huckleberry also comes with several medical benefits. I actually prefer it that way too! I Started Growing, But lost one Due to over Watering, in the middle of April and should be done by the middle to the end of October, I have enjoyed the parenting Process. I guarantee it. However, feel free to add of a teaspoon if you would like. Download myfree marijuana grow guideand start growing high quality strains. We think this would be great as a little treat to yourself - roll a solo joint and enjoy the taste and aroma just as a wine lover would with a nice glass of pinot! It is, however, one of those strains that the more you smoke, the more you get used to it and start to really enjoy the sugary treat that is Huckleberry. I am currently growing a Huckleberry strain outdoors..