Let them know that you expect better from them in the future. Sometimes, it doesnt make much sense that they have taken so long to reply. Express yourself as honestly as you can, and the person texting you will appreciate it. Again, before you use this one, just make sure it won't hurt the other person's feelings. Doesnt matter just give them a dumb meaningless guess to the question. How are you? When a text like that lights up your phone screen, your response to it can mean more than you might think. Even in cases where youre not sure about your response, its a good idea to include this in your message. If you use one of these expect a follow up question but if you say "bien" even if it does not sound like you are ok, people will understand that you are not ok but you don't want to talk about it. Because you know that they did not ignore you on purpose.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'grammarhow_com-box-3','ezslot_7',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-box-3-0'); Just let them know that you are not cross, and they do not think you are. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you're not honest about who you are . She took a long time to respond because she replied to all the guys she views as more important than you. Why lie? And I'm slowly learning that is OK. It's OK that I don't have my life figured out. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This sarcastic response makes it clear that this is an awkward situation, but you'll go along with it if he/she is not interested in making things understandable. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Share Improve this answer Follow "I'm OK with it" and It's OK with me" (or "by me") are vague statements. You tell them no and they must bury their pride and tell you what. can be viewed as "it", "that", or "they/he/she" are OK with me in the sense that you are not making the decision to be OK. 2K views, 27 likes, 7 loves, 18 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Dbstvstlucia: DBS MORNING SHOW & OBITUARIES 25TH APRIL 2023 APRIL 2023 No. This one has a similar forgiveness vibe to some of the previous replies here. Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? In a formal setting, you could say "I am very well, thank you." If you'd like to inquire about the other person, you could follow that with "How are you?" or "I hope you are well too." In an informal setting, you could simply say "I am." There is no rule to this. 26. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Just get excited immediately for whatever they are about to tell you. This one is a bit juvenile, but I used to say it all the time as a kid. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. % of people told us that this article helped them. It's okay to confidently have no idea what I'm doing. Furthermore, he has teaching experience from Aarhus University. These responses are said using a positive tone and approving body language. What about you? They know they messed up. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right Valid From and Valid To or Valid From and Valid Until? Beyond that, answers carry "vote momentum", so one with lots of upvotes will attract more upvotes than it would normally receive, and vice-versa. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. 1. You no longer care about them. What was once fun and exciting is now dull. I know I dont count as a reference, but I definitely interpret the phrases the way @Andrei described. I mean, that is just true. The idea is that you are not angry, and you are willing to forgive past mistakes and let bygones be bygones. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a2\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-11.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-11.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a2\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-11.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-11.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Instead, decide how much you want to disclose to the person who is asking. Depends on context as usual, but in AmE if one responds "I'm OK" with the stress on "OK", it is an upbeat/enthusiastic/positive response. Just be happy that they have been able to see what theyve done wrong. You are not angry. I'm pretty good, I guess. Whichever tone you choose to take in your response, make sure it has a personal touch to it. But you were a bit annoyed that they took so long to reply. This similar question acknowledges my take. Usually, its to get you to guess what. On a scale from one to punching someone in the face? You know theyre not working. with "I'm OK with it", very clearly means "I would prefer you to choose a different color, but if you really like it that much, or you have different considerations for choosing this color, then I will not veto your decision of the color". If you dont want to talk to them, you dont have to. This article has been viewed 431,071 times. But the polite (and more common) answer is bien, you can not guess if that person it's ok or not. Learn more. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2b\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2b\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Pretend to have no idea what they meant by guess what. Force them to explain what exactly they had hoped would happen when they ran up and said guess what.. This is another silly and sarcastic response to give someone who asks guess what.. This is annoying when you know that theyre just doing some mickey mouse degree, and theyre using it as an excuse. To establish why they took so long to return your messages. Use an exaggerated tone, a surprised facial expression, or a gasp. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-15.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-15.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-15.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-15.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Consider the reverse, as well. If you know theyre busy, let them know that your expectations are not as high as they think. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Read more about Martin here. So when people ask, I just tell them and summarise it. *take a genuine guess*. I don't want to distract the reader further from the answer though, so I will mention that for now I will not add any further references, as the knowledge is entirely based on my own usage, as it's mentioned in the answer. Take your time. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. You can look below to see some examples. One it is just a funny guess to make that shows the other person how ridiculous it was for them to assume you would be able to guess. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Thanks for asking! 34. This article has been viewed 56,798 times. Sometimes people might talk with a little more prompting, if they feel they can trust you. They blew it. I'm confused as to how this opinion of usage is less correct than Andrei's opinion of usage? Which language's style guidelines should be used when writing code that is supposed to be called from another language? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Here are some supportive ways to respond to people who share something personal and difficult with you. Bottom line: If we embrace and even study errors in our classrooms, students may actually learn more. There is no point in dwelling on what cannot be changed. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Virtual Truth or Dare Questions to Keep Things Interesting, 13 Things to Do When a Girl Doesn't Reply to Your Texts, 12 Ways to Make Him Miss You Like Crazy over Text (with Examples), 10 Ways to Keep a Girl Interested over Text, How to Reply to What Are You Doing? over Text: Creative Answers to Sound Fun & Flirty, https://socialself.com/blog/become-friends-text/, https://socialself.com/blog/how-to-banter/, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-the-name-love/202103/what-makes-good-flirt, https://www.psycom.net/how-to-respond-are-you-okay, https://www.forbes.com/sites/averyblank/2018/01/23/5-smart-ways-to-answer-how-are-you-and-advance-your-career/?sh=a836b7491c9d, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/constructive-wallowing/201806/8-things-no-one-should-say-in-text, https://www.enkirelations.com/how-to-keep-a-conversation-going-over-text.html, https://www.thecut.com/2017/06/people-will-like-you-more-if-you-ask-them-questions.html, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201411/advice-four-tips-texting, Everything is good, thanks, and Im loving the rain today!, Well enough, thank you! "OK" could refer to the color, my attitude, your question, the idea of painting. One valid excuse for taking a long time to reply would be that theyve been trapped on Mars. You dont need to guess a single thing, they can just tell you. "It's OK /by/ me." Origin of "dormir como un leo" in Spanish. Here is an example of some of them being used in a sentence. @fev Thanks for the new link, good read. ", Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve. "I can't wait to see you again soon!". It feels very distant, if that makes sense. Some people live busy and exciting lives. Something like "Oh my gosh, what?!" 2. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. 2: I have no problem with this color. 7. Therefore, its important to know how to respond to Ok in different situations. I can't take it anymore. This is another good one to say loudly in public to get a lot of eyes on the other person, embarrassing them and forcing them in the awkward position of having to tell all the strangers that their house did not burn down. In Colombia to say "Fine, I guess" we say "Ah vamos" (yes, in plural) meaning that you keep going on in spite of the hardships of life. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Was Aristarchus the first to propose heliocentrism? read on! And unacceptably late. I think the main difference is actually just this: "I'm OK with it" is newer. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1d\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1d\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-2.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. I couldn't identify any point related to references in the tour you prompted me to see. Flag. ", They're for all intents and purposes identical, But if you like the color, you should just say "yes" or "I do" or "I like it". Lets dive into how to respond to Ok. Is there a name for this kind of conversation? Now, this is technically a quote from an episode of the sitcom Friends but you got to admit that it is pretty funny and a great sarcastic response to give to guess what.. "De mal en peor" (From bad to worse). Just be sure that you're 100% okay with this joke before you say it, as it might change the dynamic of your relationship. How about you?, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. "Signpost" puzzle from Tatham's collection, Embedded hyperlinks in a thesis or research paper. More often than not that will accidentally be a correct response to whatever surprise you are about to be told as it usually is about a major life event. Add a how about you? after responding. Has the Melford Hall manuscript poem "Whoso terms love a fire" been attributed to any poetDonne, Roe, or other? ", Hello, and welcome to the ELL. Yet, they have just apologized for that. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. ", New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition. Respond with, All good here. "Would be great to catch up soon!". Get out of there. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Again, just some wishful thinking combined with a random guess because how are you supposed to guess what. Have you actually met a left-handed person in real life before? by . wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Just a simple no will suffice to let them know that you will not be guessing what. You know they messed up. If they dont mean it, they should not apologize to you. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. This one is a funny response that stops the other person dead in their tracks. or "I'm OK, I guess." Think about yourself, too. Both are just OK. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I'm sober! wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Its much better than leaving you to wonder. Believe it or not, its tough for dead people to respond to text messages. But, if you want to stop them from worrying, just let them know that they have nothing to worry about. Ask them a question. If they are not attracted to you, they need to let you know. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4c\/Tell-if-Someone-Is-Lying-About-Cheating-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Tell-if-Someone-Is-Lying-About-Cheating-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4c\/Tell-if-Someone-Is-Lying-About-Cheating-Step-2.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Tell-if-Someone-Is-Lying-About-Cheating-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. If not, agree on a more suitable time to talk, and reassure them that you're there to listen. We've pulled together all of the cleverest, most hilarious replies to this question so you'll always know exactly what to say. When someone doesnt reply to us, its natural to assume that its because they have lost interest in us. The sentence "I'm OK with it." wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. One reason is if your boss says guess what. They probably have something important and work-related to say and they dont want to hear a joke. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, This is a free country. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. But, that does not mean they did not have a valid excuse. The "I'm fine" response is primary. This is how to respond to Ok in a negative way. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-8.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.