Not some few additional attacks. This doctrine concerns all of the land units and this is what makes it an universal one. This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins. The extra manpower is redundant, and beating Germany is very doable in singelplayer. There is also an argument to be made for Integrated Support if you are running lots of mobile divisions, as they will have no line artillery. Also, this is good solution for all those who prefer to lay fire on the enemy in the first place, using cannons and air-raids, to enter with infantry later on to finish out remnants. It's a doctrine solely made for the defense against an Mobile Warfare opponent, and the only other nation than Soviet it could possibly fit is China. Pick Deep Battle. Great guide by the way.Even though i have just over 300hours on the game I never really paid attaention to the navy stuff,so I was always confused for the doctrines,but thanks to this I am not anymoe.Brabo,mate! I have not geeked out and calculated the most mathmaticaly viable doctrine for every country. I havs used divisions with more than five artillery battalions, for example a 5 inf, 10 artillery division which is pretty cheap and gets the job done rather well. German Reich should pick this doctrine and spam submarines to make an impact on the seas. So, what are the best doctrines in HOI4? In HOI 4 No Step Back or NSB.--Contents of this video--00:00 - Explanation of video structure.00:18 - Mobile Warfare.02:01 - Superior Firepower.03:32 - Grand Battleplan.05:03 - Mass Assault.Mobile Warfare Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vaRiK-nMzM\u0026t=578sSuperior Firepower Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5df16PvY8nM\u0026t=972sGrand Battleplan Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbpf3sdUwgQ\u0026t=1sMass Assault Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I3fgrMfmlc\u0026t=1408sDiscord Link https://discord.gg/Ak9bjyeTDc#hoi4 #nostepback #newdlc But what does the different doctrines actually do, and what on earth is "Line Artillery Recovery Rate"? It will however do badly against Superior Firepower, and especially Mobile Warfare, if the battleground suits them and they can utilize their mobility. Of course, with the focus tree being so large now, I thought it would be wise to only list the most important focuses for ease of reading. Airland Battle or Shock & Awe?Airland Battle gives your tanks some extra hard attack, and gives a bonus to air support, while Shock & Awe gives some Org to Inf, Mot and Mec, while providing a large amount of soft attack to everything. Use this if you prefer to have armies heavily based on infantry and artillery divisions, or if you simply dont have the industrial capabilities to use Mobile Warfare. Those need the benefit of Dispersed Support (left option of SF). (2.5 per yard) x (QTY of naval yards dedicated) / (cost of design) = production cost in days. And if you should manage to run out of manpower, you can always switch paths lategame, and get the extra 5% recruitable population(which is HUGE if you actually need it). 2. Its Superior Firepower. But i usally use Mobile Warfare or Superior Firepower depending what country im playing as. We will cover all the doctrines in order. This can cripple an enemy army if you catch a few units in a pocket at a time and annihilate them. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Using this for it's maximum impact often requires some micromanagement from the player, and preferably a country with a larger industrial base. Marines grant a +40% attack bonus across large rivers. In most situations you will want to choose Superior Firepower or Mobile Warfare, but Mass Assault and Grand Battleplan have their uses. That's double the combined total of the pair of 7-2. But I do see the benefits of Superior Firepower and Mobile Warfare (I can't remember what Mass Assault consists of), Mass assa is winning by having more manpower. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. This guide for the Netherlands inHearts of Iron IV should, therefore, provide a brief introduction into the nation and deliver some basic tips allowing you the freedom to experiment and conquer. The choices are more obvious once youve set your plans to production. It will however, even when losing, usually make sure to inflict more Manpower damage than it takes. Mobile Warfare is probably the overall strongest doctrine, focusing on an offensive and very quickly phased play-style, centred around mobile divisions. Our guide to the Netherlands in Hearts of Iron IV should help you out. Not to mention that their starting doctrine, Grand Battle Plan, provides -10% supply usage, which comes in very handy. wouldnt it be best to pick blitzkrieg instead of mobile infantry, to get the absolute most out of your tanks? Mobile warfare is a focus on speed and maneuver to cut off and disorganize enemy forces. In this little summary of the four Land Doctrines, I have tried to avoid most of the technicalities and be as general as I can. Thanks to most of its bonuses being oriented around planning, making details battleplans is a must with this doctrine. . You should first choose obtain foreign colonial investment in the focus tree. In Cornflakes planning bonus is lost 8 times as fast when you manually control. In the case of this doctrine, the majority of works focus on increasing the effectiveness of planning wartime actions. Weve also released France Guide, Soviet Union Guide, Communist China Guide, and German Reich Guide. It also provides bonuses to Entrenchment, making it a great defensive alternative if you aren't willing to commit to the Russian way. JavaScript is disabled. This item has been removed from the community because it violates Steam Community & Content Guidelines. This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator. It starts at 8 and then goes down by 1 less per day (So if it started at 50% it would be 42%, 35%, 29%, 24% etc). Especially as facsist. Recommended for UK and Italy. Strayed Lights is an atmospheric action-adventure game and the first title from Embers studio. So far, we have covered nations like the German Reich and Communist China and will look to cover either Mexico or Non-Aligned Britain next two nations that have been overhauled in the Man the Guns DLC. Within this path you will have the option to focus on either armored divisions or mobile divisions, with each path providing bonuses to their respective unit. Hybrid of other two air doctrines. It sits amid orchards and fields about two miles from the south bank of Yakima River. If you're using tac bombers use the right side. Well, if you build 40w divisions you might add some other support-units and get some value out of the +10 org for support-companies. So from this my doctrines are Superior Firepower/Dispersed Support/,Battle Feild Support and Fleet in Being. My troops have like 1000 defence and the Japanese have just been throwing themselves at me. I am sorry but your explanation of mobile warfare is wrong. Moreover, if you go democratic, non-aligned or communist you will need a strong army to defend against Germany you should focus on infantry, forts and naval production as it will be easier to compete with the Germans over Britains immense navy. CLEARING THE LAND. ", First step of oversight is probably the part where you mix those two sub-doctrines, Second part is - that +% soft attack from doctrines/unit types/technologies are derived from the equipment battalions is using, and not their 'base stats'. Basic Machine Tools is done, do Concentrated Industry 1. The Strategic Bombing mission is used against targets on the map, not units. And is cheaper. being the United States historical, what do you recommend? However, you need to produce a large amount of tanks and trucks. Archived post. Fellow RPG lover here. Your enemy must replace them at great cost, if at all. Blitzkrieg is a great option if you know how to move your armored divisions. Superior Firepower is based on the concept of Shock and awe, a military strategy that employs great displays of force and significant usage of explosive weapons against the enemy. Motorised work well for smaller nations as they are easier and cheaper to produce and defend better than tanks, Gateway to Europe (start giving trade bonuses to Germany over Britain), War on Pacifism (its important that you do decisions to get rid of Shell-shocked Spectator of the Great War trait that decreases your overall manpower), Cave to the Germans (continue this branch seeing you ally with the Axis forces if youre fascist going it alone will likely result in war with Germany due to their war goal from Around Maginot), The Zuiderzee Works (its a long focus, but will get rid of any negative industry traits), Electronic Mechanical Engineering (continue this path down research, encryption and decryption bonuses etc. In most situations you will want to choose Superior Firepower or Mobile Warfare, but Mass Assault and Grand Battleplan have their uses. Not every division works for every situation, so I need to change things sometimes.. Operational integrity is the best. Pick Mass Mobilization. The attacker has chosen Unexpected Thrust, the defender Elastic Defense. Depending on the tree, there are various variants available, and they exclude each other. Move your twelve fighters to Holland (they are in the colonial territory by the Dutch East Indies) and produce fighters to have air superiority in your mainland. The Netherlands was one of the nations to receive a revamped focus tree as part of the latest Man the Guns expansion. Referrals may be made by physicians, psychologists, social workers, mental health professionals, and social services agencies. Telling its cerebral tale through a sequence of challenging boss battles and environm Learning how to mod Stardew Valley on Steam will be a breeze with this guide. With a formidable army, the Netherlands can become a robust force and can go on to become one of the key naval powers in the world once Britain has been defeated. Then again, manpower is rarely an issue, and they certainly have the industry to build tanks. Mass mobilization of soldiers and attacking on several sides simultaneously is in this case key to success. Scroll down for the best land, air, and naval doctrines to pick Hearts of Iron IV. Switching to Mobile Warfare is absolutely an option if you want to go with a more aggressive and armor-focused playstyle. To be specific: air, land, and naval doctrines can be unlocked by using the warfare experiences. Since I usually don't have trouble winning the initial fight in Europe (since I can just retreat into low infra provinces with no penalty, meanwhile Germany is facing basically the same logistical nightmare it did IRL), I notice that the inevitable war in China (in every game the UK and Americans sends massive troops there via phillipines so it becomes a front every bit as large in scale as Barbarossa, but with even less infrastructure) and Africa and South America (where, thanks to the AI spamming naval bombers, it is necessary to establish a base in Guyana or something and slowly build it up and wear them down before the 80000 naval bombers they build insta-nuke any ship in range). Dispersed Support or Integrated Support?This pretty much adds up either way. Sorry, Blitzkrieg, but Mobile Infantry is just overall better. Ahh, it's always nice to get another perspective on the doctrines. This one is an important variant for all the players who focus on using vehicles and small infantry divisions. Fleet in being is to not really good for anything, wierd mix of mediocre bonuses with surface, subs and carriers, battleships arent good at all and it requires more effort on research it. Very powerful other defensive bonuses, to supplies, manpower, partisan effects on enemy etc. Widely considered one of the most powerful options, Superior Firepower is a great choice in just about any situation. A strong fleet focused around battleship means that we are a force to be reckoned with when deployed at sea. Construction 1 is done, proceed with Superior Firepower. I've tried to be as impartial as possible, but I would love your input. Especially for those of the players that value diversity of units, rather than focus on any of their types. Doctrines are meant to be something you develop overtime during the war (game). i was wondering how to play that damn country, now i love playing it, Your email address will not be published. It is the default doctrine for several countries due to its generic bonuses, including France, Italy, and Japan. Our manpower is precious, bullets are cheap. Soviet Union also has tons of manpower but also significant industry. Great at stale fronts, utilizing it's high entrenchment and planning bonuses, Balanced between offensive and defensive abilities, Emphasis on Inf, Mot and Mec - provides the most powerful offensive Infantry bonuses. I think land doctrines needs a serious revamp, superior firepower is the way to go for like 95% of the countries in the game 1.8K DuckSwagington 3 yr. ago Superior Firepower is getting nerfed next patch. It emphasizes heavy use of artillery and infantry, which are the most common battalions in the game. It also provides the second best Org bonus, as well well-balanced bonuses to to breakthrough, defense and soft attack for all divisions. I think GBP is also really good for Natty China. I've noticed posts from new players wondering where their manpower and equipment are going, and it's then discovered that they're all thrown away by the AI because they're attacking across the whole front without complete superiority and good terrain. Additionally, the Danube River inflicts a -60% penalty to attack and -50% to movement. Line and support artilleries gives lots of soft attack. Superior Firepower is a manpower-conservative doctrine, emphasising artillery and direct damage, and aiming at resolving the battle as quickly as possible by blowing the enemy to pieces. It is only visible to you. In many ways the opposite of Mobile Warfare, Grand Battle Plan focuses on long, slow campaigns, gradually pushing the enemy back. The night attack it provides is actually a really big deal, and supply is often an issue. The minimum amount of divisions you need is 24 I recommend getting about 36 (a mix of infantry and motorised). Germany. This a guide that explains how the 3 types of doctrine work and what's the best pick. So! Its bonuses primarily apply to planning, although it has some minor boosts for infantry. So I just spam heavily armored battleships and light cruisers. personally i believe the best land doctrine is based on how you wage war. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Land doctrines can be reviewed and unlocked from the Officer Corps. Soviet - Soviet should usually switch doctrines, as Mass Assault's main purpose is defending against Germany. Mass Assault? Which doctrine you use will depend on several factors, such as your playstyle, industrial capacity, and geographic position. All of the aspects of the attack need to be carefully pre-planned, entrenchment of your units is more effective and you receive higher bonuses from development of battle plan. Insubordination and lack of organization and are out of question here. After that everything is basically focusses on fighting a in a bad situation and recovering from said bad situation. Are you planning on getting on the offensive? For more information, please see our Focuses on an Infantry/Artillery heavy unit composition, Balanced between offense and defense, with a slight preference for defense, Requires a large industrial base for production of costly infantry divisions. Interesting. Which Land Doctrines to Use in Hearts of Iron IV, Best Division Templates for Hearts of Iron IV, Paradox Announces Hearts of Iron Challenges, Hearts of Iron IV Naval Task Force Composition Guide, Crit-Rate Finally, Tailored Game Recommendations, Evil Wizard Preview Impressions Being Bad Feels Pretty Good, Gotham Knights The Kelvin Incident Update Available Now, Developer Interview Embers Studio on Their Debut Title, Strayed Lights. Today is another beginner guide video, where I discuss what each land doctrine is best suited form, as well as some general information to go. Saved the game and reopenned as usa. But if you want to invade the United States, roll over Europa, or have some other crazy ideas, while also being confident that you can handle Africa, China or whatever, go ahead and switch to something you are more comfortable with. All rights reserved. Naval doctrine isnt as broad-reaching as ground doctrine is, and the air is even less than Navy. Copyright 2000 - 2023 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs, secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games. But I have a problem: I dont know, which land doctrine I should use. Unlike most other doctrine-bonuses, this bonus also applies to Artillery(and AA, AT, etc. Soft attack allows you to shred enemy infantry units. A wrong doctrine will provide you with minimal bonuses and you will be at a disadvantage against your enemies. While the 14-4 lands with 11+40.4 = 51.4 attacks. It provides absolutely unmatched bonuses to Soft and Hard Attack(a bonus almost completely lacking in all other doctrines). Having been left crippled by the turmoil of the Great Depression and a weak government, do you maintain neutrality and eventually side with the Allies or do you seek a change in course diverging towards the extremes of the right or left? Just a quick noob's guide to Land Doctrines in HOI4. Fastest and easiest way to destroy your enemies in land warfare is encirclement. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. An easy example is pairing Grand Battleplan with Infantry leaders using the Ambusher, Unyielding Defender, Defensive Doctrine, Guerilla Fighter bonuses. Therefore using mass assault doctrine as Soviet Union is a waste. In multiplayer against a Paradox Developer on Germany? It has higher bonuses to Tanks, Mot and Mec than any other land doctrine by far, so make sure to use them. Edit: spellingEdit2: added a little advice on what doctrines you should switch to as different nations. Air is far simpler than this flow chart makes it out to be. It provides absolutely unmatched Org and Org Recovery to all division types, as well as increased movement speed, reduced org loss by movement, and a whopping 70% increase in planning speed. @the Pagan today (before the rework of combat width etc) superior firepower. That is YOUR PLAY STYLE. 16. r/hoi4. It emphasized high concentrations of force at one point to break an enemies defensive line. It is generally an Infantry and Manpower focused Doctrine. With this, Ive listed below what are the most important focuses fulfilled in an efficient manner. Carriers go right, small navies or commerce raiders take the first couple in the middle, and the big boys with Battleships and stuff but not running or not wanting to run CVs go left. Support Artillery will get +12.5 Soft Attack (assuming they use Artillery I equipment which has base of 25 Soft Attack) from Integrated Support, not +7.5. All rights reserved. All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners. With Hollands new focus tree, there is a variety of options you can take. HOI4 Best Land Doctrine Which land doctrine to pick in HOI4? The below chapter should make it easier to pick the doctrine that will harmonize with your playing style. That is why it can only work with huge industries such as German Reich and United States of America. The AI seems most likely to take this doctrine - especially AI Spain. Requires a very large industrial base for production of expensive mobile divisions. General Strategies: Hungary is Romania's biggest rival in Eastern Europe. But now, the developers over at Paradox have provided players with an intriguing focus tree that provides you with diverse options. This website uses cookies. Dont @ me. For more information, please see our 1 Land Doctrine Mobile Warfare Extremely powerful combat bonuses Focuses on mobile divisions, especially tanks Great on the offensive, the worst doctrine when losing Thrives in places it can utilize it's mobility (central Europe), but suffers in places with bad terrain, low supply and unforgiving weather (Russia, Africa,..). In almost all cases, I encourage you to use try Carrier variant airframes. ), Land Doctrine (mobile warfare giving you bonuses to motorised divisions, though it may be worth adopting superior firepower should you side with the Allies or Soviets), Artillery (pretty straightforward improves the effectiveness of your divisions), Infantry and support companies (engineer, recon and signal companies are useful avoid field hospitals as they use a high amount of motorised equipment and dont benefit your army). Overruns are the BEST way to win wars. So a single 14-4 is worth double on offense than a pair of 7-2. However, if you are losing badly, pick the desperate defense path. It goes without saying that the majority of military actions you will be taking in the game will take place on land. Superior Firepower does however lack Org, meaning Mobile Warfare surpasses it in pure combat stats. I made quick explanations, guides, and recommended doctrines for countries. If you are in multiplayer, you might consider keeping it, especially if you expect to be overrun. Land Doctrine Quick Guide 2022 - NO STEP BACK Hearts of Iron 4Longer vid in the works but the changes to the officer corps were massive.--Contents of this vi. Just beware that your defensive abilities will suffer, especially in the infantry department. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You sit on the line and see enemies trip into your trench and fall into the core of the earth. This doctrine focuses on throwing shells, not men, at the enemy. It has a sweet -25% Org loss when moving, and -20% supply consumption, making advancing into low-supply areas much more comfortable. So I rush for that "Floating Fortress" doctrine, I think that's in the "Fleet in Being" tree. I can think of exactly zero good reasons for PDX to do that, are they really trying to shove their broken battle planner down our throats this hard? Cookie Notice All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. If i play germany i usally go for Mobile Warfare because i always need the extra manpower the last tier provides. You can than make decisions that improve building time with 10 procent and more factories will be assigned to build new ones. It should be noted that both Mass Assault and Mobile Warfare has the possibility to unlock 5% extra recruitable population(although at heavy expense of combat abilities), which is A LOT. The Long awaited guide for all land doctrines. 2. Concerning your division template, this doctrine goes quite well will artillery forces. This will give you enough troops to help capture France and launch a good naval invasion on Britain. These are MILs, CIVs airfields, AA sites, and the like. So I don't build carriers as them. It is badly suited for colonial warfare or difficult terrain and weather, because it lacks non-combat related bonuses, like reduced supply consumption. I cannot get past the French army, I have tons of divisions and every time I make an attack my 24 division command cant beat 3 divisions of French soldiers and absolutely zero progress is made, its been a stalemate for months now. Hm. The main goal of this doctrine is to wage war basing on vehicles. Visit our. Desperate Defense or Modern Blitzkrieg?Modern Blitzkrieg is the obvious first choice. Tactical bombers are flexible and can perform both ground support and regular bombing. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio. If youve enjoyed this guide, please be sure to check out the others in our HOI4 nation guides. And you can improve oil in Curacao and the Dutch Indies. Focus on both you hard attack and soft attack damage output with this doctrine. Archived post. This item will only be visible to you, admins, and anyone marked as a creator. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Also, defense advantages from the doctrine are important, which in certain situation affect development of guerrilla actions.