I have embedded the Google map link as it is easier to find. . Your email address will not be published. Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe - Athens 79 Mediterranean Greek "No halal food hut it keeps Coming in halal results! 144 were here. There are numerous historical sites across the city that travelers would love to visit. It is one of the things i love as the city makes a fantastic halal friendly destination and it offers both, city vibe and also summer beach vibe. Dina is one who is constantly dreaming of elsewhere. Address: Menandrou 13, Athens. Finding halal (permissible according to Islamic law) options in Athens should not be a problem because there is a large Muslim community and there are is halal food in Athens. Anexartisias 7, Athina 104 38, Greece. Muslims, please be aware that while the staff will assure you that the meat for the kebabs is Halal, the restaurant also serves pork. The most interesting fact about the capital of Greece is that it is one of the oldest cities in the world, with records of over 3000 years. A one-way metro ticket per person to the city center costs around 8 Euros. Not many know that I used to be part of The Muslim Associations of Greece working towards the building of this mosque and it makes me happy to finally after 10 years see it become a reality. The hub of the original Greek culture, Athens is a great place to visit. The presence of the remains of ancient Greece, which arose early in the 6th century BC, gave the city a distinctive and unique character, and from these ancient places; The Agora, the Acropolis, which contains huge frescoes and high columns, Poseidon, and the Temple of Zeus, which took about 700 years to build. I loved how creative and future forward the whole building and atmosphere was. If youve landed on this page, youre probably looking for Halal food in Athens. They are some of the more expensive neighbourhoods. In this spot, it almost $10. Top that off with crunchy papadom or a side of vegetable samosa. 4. Don't miss the margaritas (especially . According to Greek mythology, it was formed, when the goddess Athena dropped a heavy rock she was carrying after hearing some unpleasant news, but in fact, Lycabettus is formed by a Cretaceous limestone. Calamari fresh calamari from the sea and not the frozen option, they are larger and my favourite, Spanakopita This is a delicious Spinach pie perfect for breakfast or with a salad for lunch, Tsatsiki, Tyrokafteri, Taramosalata are my favourite sauces and they taste so good, Gigantes sto fourno these are large beans in a tomato sauce in the oven totally yummy, Vegetable fritters such askolokithokeftedes which are my favourite. Pay by credit card to make the checkout process easier. It is closer to Athens city centre as well if you dont want to travel far. Connecticut. Find Halal Food and Restaurants in Athens, Greece Guide to Halal food places, restaurants and buffets in Athens, Greece. I am aware that there is anew property coming up in NorthGreecethat will be the first of its kind Muslim-friendly choiceinGreecefor Muslim travellers but it will be set a little different than ahalalhoteland rather as a Muslim-friendly Villa inGreece. Halal Restaurant in Athens. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. However, please note that alcohol is served here. This restaurant also has plenty of veggie options if you need a break from meat. Every movie and every shot of Athens starts with a scene of Acropolis. Athens is majorly recognized by the majestic Parthenon, which is also a well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site. These are the best halal restaurants that offer catering in Athens, GA: People also liked: halal restaurants that offer delivery. This is a review for halal restaurants in Athens, GA: "Im originally from NYC so I know how an authentic halal food would taste like. Enjoy Just Falafel. Share your Halal dining experience. As a result, it was later decided that a new and larger space will serve better for the purposes of the museum. The restaurant offers an extensive menu to satisfy all tastes, including plenty of vegetarian options. Showing results in neighboring cities. Place address: Hummus Bar, P. Tsaldari 26, Melissia 151 27, Greece, Looking for more : The best Healthy food restaurants in Athens. Reviews on Halal Meat in Athens, GA - Alpharetta Halal Meat, Atlanta Halal Meat & Food, Al Madina, Al Safa Market, Shahi Bazaar, Flame Kabob House, Abu Adnan, The Halal Guys, ARIANA Kabob House, Apna Bazaar Sara Iraqi Restaurant entices with its array of food displayed on trays. Your tastebuds and your wallet will thank you. Greece also has an amazing Mediterranean diet full of fresh fish and delicious vegetable dishes and fresh fruit from the market. The Monastiraki Squareis the centre of the neighbourhood and in the middle, under the Acropolis; you will find an old mosque, which now serves as a museum. For you pizza folks, you've gotta try this. Muslims are different and many travellers have a different preference and understanding of theirhalal food needs. A few blocks down the Namaste Indian Restaurant is Indian Chef, another spot for Indian food thats been described as authentic by Indians themselves. Just make sure you barter for the best price. Place address: Sokratous 1, Athina 105 52, Greece. It was built during the Ottoman Empire. but that's meat to cook at home. halal food restaurant in Athens area. You could try the saag paneer, chana masala, lamb tikka, butter chicken, or the dal makhni, which is a popular dish from the Punjab region with black lentils and kidney beans. Travelling for a week I really dont mind eating vegetarian options or fresh fish, especially in the summer in theGreektavernas near the sea. 3. The name is translated as the little monastery. Which is made of pitta bread, usually pork or chicken, tzatziki, fries and salad. Serving size is plenty, very good mix of." more. Athens also has some excellent green spaces and parks. What did people search for similar to halal in Athens, GA? Address: Avenue Amfitheas 104 & Areos 88, Palaio Faliro, Athens. The two highest points of the city namely the Acropolis and Mount Lycavittos can be seen from all the places in the city. Other Muslim-friendly restaurants: Makkah Restaurant: Address: 13 Anaxagora Athens Green Garden: 10 Geraniou Athens Noors Restaurant: 43 Deligiorgi, Athens Dhaka Palace: Geraniou 26, Athens Pera: Aiolou 57, Athens 0 Dina Malyana Dina is one who is constantly dreaming of elsewhere. "Some of favorite dishes are Lamb Biryani, Garlic Naan and Saag Paneer.". There are many hotels in Athens from five-star luxury properties to budget hotels and Airbnb. This amazing region is home to diverse landscapes, ancient cultures, and welcoming communities that have something special to offer every traveler. Editorial | Contribute your travel stories or submit content enquiries. If you want to head out to the beach you can go to Vouliagmeni beach which is a paid beach but a great option. Dont let the non-availability ofHalalHotelsorHalalfood inGreecelet you stop visiting the country. If you can afford it I went to the Four Seasons Athens for breakfast and I loved the view and atmosphere. Being under the Acropolis hill, it is known as The Neighbourhood of the Gods. While these restaurants have advertised themselves as Halal or have been reviewed by previous customers to serve Halal meat, we highly recommend you to double check this before you dine in. Fans of spicy food should definitely go for the chicken vindaloo; otherwise, consider the veggie korma or lamb curry. It is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon especially in the summer and with children. If youre craving for Indian food, you cant go wrong with the highly-rated Namaste Indian Restaurant. I had yet to find a place other than this spot.". Zoom in to see updated info. Quality, friendly service and a great taste, prices are really cheap, a decent environment to go with the family Own or manage this property? Fresh fish Ask for the fish of the day which is usually grilled. The chicken and lamb served here are Halal, so stick to those options. You can enjoy the traditional Greek cuisine served, serving pasta, boiled eggs, cheese omelet, sandwiches, chicken fillet, pasta, burgers with french fries and much more. 42. Just below the Acropolis is Plaka, a wonderful shopping destination in the city. You can choose to slather on tzatziki, which is a dip made with yoghurt, cucumber and herbs to give your kebab a Greek twist. Asians who are used to spicy food often crave for something that could give their taste buds a kick when theyre travelling around Europe. This restaurant also has plenty of veggie options if you need a break from meat. -Stefanos Papaioannou, Urban Adventures feyrouz_athens 129 Colombo. Also, I recently stayed in the Grand Hyatt Athens and I enjoyed my stay it is also central to what you will need to explore. Among the dishes offered by the restaurant are the wrapped potato dish, the chicken sandwich, the harira soup, the tabbouleh salad, the distinctive hummus salad, and the strange choco hummus dish that combines chocolate and hummus, sweets such as baklava, and many drinks. Your email address will not be published. I ordered the mixed grill which includes a ground beef kabob, a minced chicken kabob and grilled chicken kabobs. I know many people who are OK with eating chicken from Christian countries and others who wont touch it. Mediterranean Grill 98 Middle Eastern Mediterranean Greek "Super tasty. 7 Best Halal Restaurants in Athens for a Delicious Meal, Makkah Restaurant: Address: 13 Anaxagora Athens, Muslim Travel: A Guide to Buying Food in European Supermarkets, A Muslim-Friendly Guide To Halal Restaurants In Seoul And Jeju, Top 8 Halal Restaurants in Honolulu for Muslim Travellers, Travelogue with Stephanie Kurlow, The Hijabi Ballerina, Burj Khalifa and Dubai Skyscraper Residents Must Fast Longer During Ramadan, Muslim-Friendly Itinerary to South Island, New Zealand in 7 Days, Modest Fashion Week: The Halal Showcase For Trendy Muslim Fashion, Islamic New Year: Ashura and Its Significance. Both were excellent with plenty of pork and fresh vegetables. Description: Our restaurant is a Turkish restaurant serving Halal Food . It also served as a temple dedicated to the ancient Gods Poseidon and Athena. The usual suspects Indian and Middle Eastern restaurants will appear on this list. This restaurant differs from other fast food restaurants in that the dishes it serves are healthy and prepared using fresh and high quality products. Read reviews. It is Halal food and fresh as well. Share your Halal dining experience. Nugegoda. NEAR ME. I know many people who are OK with eating chicken from Christian countries and others who wont touch it. to Halal restaurants & markets. There is a good range of Halal restaurants in Athens where visitors can relish a wide range of cuisines. Throughout the countrys history, Athens has played a major role in many political and cosmopolitical events, and so your trip to this stunning city will only enrich your life! There are several mosques to pray in Athens and finally, after many years Athens officially has a mosque. The portions are huge and definitely worth the money! 7. As someone who speaks fluentGreek, I just love the confusion on their face when they see my name, my passport photo and my hijab. Sara Iraqi Restaurant entices with its array of food displayed on trays. O Thanasis is also the go-to spot for souvlaki, a Greek dish with meat chunks grilled on a skewer. I would love to see where you have been in Athens or Greece in general. The restaurant offers falafel in a variety of forms, so there is the original falafel dish that comes with traditional toppings, there is Mexican falafel that is served with Mexican sauce, and American falafel that comes with cabbage salad and mayonnaise, and many other delicious options. The chicken and lamb served here are Halal, so stick to those options. There are a few unofficial mosques and underground prayer rooms with prayer facilitiesin Athens. Among the dishes served there are salads such as tabbouleh, soups such as Syrian soup, pastries such as feta cheese pastry, spinach pies, dishes such as fried kibbeh dish, manakish such as zaatar manakish, and many sweets and drinks. If youre one of them, try Spicy Fast Food, a place that serves Pakistani cuisine with Indian and Greek influences. One place and so many monuments to admire! This huge restaurant serves hearty kebabs at good prices. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. You could get a plate of rice with eggplant stew or chickpeas, or biryani with chicken and potatoes. The busiest seasons are July and August as there are many tourists who flock to the city and explore the museum. "I ordered the mixed grill which includes a ground beef kabob, a minced chicken kabob and grilled." more. You can also enjoy delicious desserts such as cheesecake and chocolate mousse. One croissant with grilled pork and one grilled pork on hoagie like roll. Another lunch stop for Indian food, this restaurant has been reviewed by past customers as the best Indian food in Athens. 14 photos. Do note that the area is considered to be a sketchy neighbourhood; with this in mind, you can decide whether or not to journey there. The airport is situated about 27km from the city center and features excellent facilities. Advertise | Cut through the noise with integrated They are the. ButGreecealso has an amazing Mediterraneandiet full of freshfish and delicious vegetable dishes. The price they sell at is way too expensive compare to NYC's price which is about $5-6 dollar. From the Ancient Agora visitors can get an amazing view of the Acropolis. !". The restaurant offers many appetizer dishes, such as delicious parsley, labneh with garlic, chickpeas, eggplant fattah, salads prepared from fresh ingredients such as Caesar salad, tabbouleh salad, and main dishes such as kofta grills, shish tawook, and meat slices, all of which come with plenty of vegetables and sauces. You wont be disappointed with the chicken tikka, lamb curry or the mutton karahi, especially when you realise that your meal costs as little as 5 Euros! 310. The chicken platter I got from here didn't taste the same as NYC's, but it was close enough. Let's explore Athens (Greece) with our ultimate guide to 9 of the best halal restaurants, or uncover Athens (Greece) 's hidden halal restaurants with 9 must-visit places. The constructions of the temple began in 447 BC during the Golden Age of the city. Being the philosophical, educational, social, and economic centre of the city, there are many remains and buildings to admire there. Address: Apollonos 6, Syntagma, Athens, Also read: Muslim Travel: A Guide to Buying Food in European Supermarkets. Ships in the 2023 order book are now under construction, and we can expect some exciting new boats to arrive in 2023. An interesting fact about the Parthenon is that during the Ottoman Empire it was converted into a mosque. These are some highly rated chicken kabob in Athens, GA: What are some chicken kabob with a large number of reviews in Athens, GA? Best Halal Restaurants in Athens: See Tripadvisor traveller reviews of Halal Restaurants in Athens. 1. Place address: Falafel house, Athinas 23, Athina 105 54, Greece. Find her on Instagram @dinamalyana. On the menu are the typical favourites like biryani, chicken curry, lamb madras, and an accompaniment of naan, paratha or pulao rice. We hope our guide has been a valuable resource in planning your trip, and we look forward to hearing about your travels. A really good halal restaurant in Athens is Aladdin Kebab House, where Turkish and Middle Eastern food is served. I highly recommend it. It is a new hotel and close to the sea as well. Zoom in to see updated info. "Best falafels in Athens by far!! Last time I went to Vouliagmeni beach which is paid about 10 euros per pay but you get sunbed and umbrella. So why dont you share them with me using the hashtag: #MemoriesfromAthens the best ones will get featured on my Instagram account. Why eat meat in the heat. "Best halal restaurant in Athens" Review of Green Kebab. The Acropolis was the original town of Athens and was then fortified; today visitors can see its ruins. The word Acropolis means fortress in the ancient Greek city or it could also mean 'building heights' that are in place; like on top of the hill or the highest city. Feyrouz Restaurant Athens Lebanese restaurant with a modern, youthful dcor in Athens. My order was correct, I got no tomatoes, extra olives on my salad. Halalfood.Guide/ Find halal food when you near you. Also, a halal Indian restaurant is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. 4. Muslims should not be daunted by the challenge of finding Halal food in Athens during their holiday. Athens is widely known as the cradle of the Western Civilisation as it had contributed to the development of the theatre, philosophy and mostly the birth of democracy. All rights reserved, Privacy policy and cookies |Terms of Use |Contact us. Do note that the area is considered to be a sketchy neighbourhood; with this in mind, you can decide whether or not to journey there. All tastes. We enjoyed two different sandwiches. If youre craving for Indian food, you cant go wrong with the highly-rated Namaste Indian Restaurant. 167 $$ Moderate Persian/Iranian, Halal, Kebab . Be part of Asia's most authentic travel community, Makkah Restaurant: Address: 13 Anaxagora Athens, We respect your privacy & will not share your email address. Please either remove it or start serving halal food." more 5. It is easy to navigate and super affordable. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. 110. In this small restaurant, you will most likely not find a place to sit, but the restaurant guarantees that you will definitely return once you taste one of its delicious meals. . Map updates are paused. Athens is characterized by a mixture of ancient civilizations and modern societies, and this is evident in its tourist attractions. Starting from the Temple of Hephaestusand continuing to the Stoa of Attalos, which today serves as the Agora Museum and there is so much history and architecture to admire. 132. Great restaurant with simple and yet elegant interior. Best Halal in Athens, GA - Flame Kabob House, Atlanta Halal Meat & Food, ARIANA Kabob House, The Halal Guys, Karachi Broast & Grill, Tribos Peri Peri, Picaso Chicken, Food Garrage, Mughals Yelp For Businesses Write a Review Log InSign Up Restaurants Home Services Auto Services More More Filters Suggested Open Now -:-- am Features Free Wi-Fi Has TV I also noticed thatGreekshave become a little more at ease with Muslims especially in the North ofGreekin cities such as Thessaloniki, which is close to the Turkish minority area of Thraki.