So for you buyers who are nervous on "first new model year" machines, this bike is kind of like a second year machine because they had some extra time on it. Overall, a week there was an insightful experience in many ways. As we inch ever closer to the final moto in Pala, there will be opportunities to get a best result as many will become distracted. This is my seventh time being here and its like home, honestly. Now, he will concentrate on keeping both wheels on the ground as he transitions to the limelight of the supercross and motocross ranks. The Kawasaki rider worked his way into the top three after just a few laps and kept Kilroy in his sights, while Marsalisi hung tough behind them in third. This week has been great, but Im really looking forward to next weekend against the pros.. Best led the way through the first couple laps as Shelly gave pursuit, but Ferry was eager to get into the mix. Johnson and Emig engaged in an exceptional battle that saw the Husqvarna make the pass halfway through the moto. He keeps the peace, as anyone who has ever actually met him knows. The next rider to take his turn up front was LSR Racing KTMs Branden Walther, who made the pass on Kessler. I couldnt figure out when they were going to drop the gate and I just had a terrible start, said Kitchen. This is Dangerboy's last race on a supermini / mini bike!NEW MERCH!!! Janik finished second, while Calaman Plumbing KTMs Carter Malcolm captured third after some late-race misfortune for Smerlick. MORE: Eli Tomacs first official ride with Yamaha, Im excited to ride with champions and learn from them at Monster Energy Star Yamaha Racing, Deegan said. Send us an e-mail! Event AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship The third and final Championship motos are coming to an end today at Loretta Lynn's Ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, and the 2020 AMA Amateur National Champions are getting their coveted AMA #1 plates at the 2020 Monster Energy Loretta Lynn's Amateur National Motocross Championship. I don't know all the facts behind the claiming of Haiden Deegan's bike at the ranch, but I have been texting with the person who claimed the bike (he's Canadian BTW) and then withdrew the claim. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Peterson was also 10th in the Junior 25+ class. Method Race Wheels has partnered with Haiden Deegan in a multi-year agreement that extends through his pro moto racing debut and his journey to obtain his driver's license. Can he get back up to that pace within four races? DEEGAN DOMINATES FIRST MOTO AT LORETTA LYNN'S 2021! Ferry was in a class of his own in this moto and opened up a double-digit lead in the closing laps. That moved KTM rider Adler Caudle to the top of the results, with Rides Unlimited KTMs Noah Viney in second. Zemmerman was dropped to third and Janik to fourth, with Blecha in fifth. After just a couple laps Romano and Linville were more than five seconds clear of the rest of the field, as Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racings Talon Hawkins eventually took control of third and gave chase. All rights reserved. Unadilla also hosted the 250cc U.S. Grand Prix for many years, as well as rounds of the old Inter-Am Series. Loretta Lynn's - Day Two. Out of the gate Johnson grabbed the upper hand with the STACYC Holeshot while Emig made some quick passes on the opening lap to move into second. Were at Unadilla tomorrow to start the four-race stretch run that will end the 2022 series and decide both titles. I knew the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship was a big event, but then I saw it in person. CN, Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship. Walthers time in the lead wasnt long, however, as Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Greens Chance Hymas was on a determined path to the lead. Eli also told me how stoked he was that they kept the cable clutch on the bike which to me, might explain why Yamaha is making a separate hydraulic unit for sale through GYTR. Supermini Showdown: Of course, you all know theres hype around Haiden Deegan. General Manager I just got back from a ten-day trip that started with covering a MotoAmerica road race in Minnesota and ended with a week at Loretta Lynns Ranch. It never stops! Haiden Deegan, son of Brian Deegan and younger brother to NASCAR Truck series driver Hailie Deegan, will join Star Yamaha Racing in a multi-year deal. With an all-new engine, chassis, rider triangle, and even a new Yamaha Power Tuner App, this machine is going to take a while to break down once we get our hands on it. Thanks to a clear track and the motivation to bounce back from a 19th-place finish on Wednesday, Fineis successfully managed a multi-second over Ferry, who fought his way into second just a few laps in. First, right at the end of a very good week of racing at Loretta Lynns Ranch, where 36 new AMA Amateur National Motocross Champions were crowned, a beautiful little seven-year-old girl named Sarah Faulkner was playing in the creek that runs alongside the campground when another kid jumped off the rock ledge above the creek and landed on her, breaking her back. After a very successful run in the B classes last year, Kitchen made a successful transition to the A class for 2021 and came into Loretta Lynns riding a wave of hype and momentum. Then news is breaking almost weekly on the professional motocross and supercross front, with both the FIM World Supercross Championship and the new SuperMotocross World Championship. Once he caught the early race leader, Kitchen made quick work of his fellow Yamaha rider and took over third. Event Results. Again, I didnt expect to be back on the road so soon after Lorettas, but after the doldrums of 2020, racing isback on the calendar, hard and fast. Ive been here so many times so its good to get some wins here.. Man was that refreshing! Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. He has several accolades as well, including winning the Loretta Lynn Championship in 2017. The Husqvarna showed patience in the opening laps and methodically worked his way around both Renfro and Smith to take control of the moto. He bailed off a triple and ended up with both femurs broken, ribs, elbow, collarbone and more. Like the riders seeing their race bibs for the first time, I too was in awe when I got my media bib (And no, it was not because of the numberwhich I was given, I did NOT ask for haha). Kitchen finished third in the first Open Pro Sport moto after starting the race outside of the top 20. GetzenRodeo 2021 | Getzen Race . He was the youngest athlete to perform a back flip on a dirt bike; he was only 10 years old. Now hes won! Mark Fineis gave Ferry a good fight, though, the KTM rider winning one of the 125 (12-17) B/C motos, and two of the Schoolboy 1 (12-17) B/C motos, however, crashes in each class kept him from challenging for a title. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Method Race Wheels has partnered with Haiden Deegan in a multi-year agreement that extends through his pro racing debut beginning with Loretta Lynn's Amateur National Championship by having Haiden debut their R1M Proto Project wheel. Event Results Laptimes Live Results Racer Search. Motocross & Supercross News - Racer X 122 Vista Del Rio Drive, Morgantown, WV 26508 | 304-284-0084 | Contact Us 1999 - 2023 Filter . Following a tense battle for the opening moto win on Monday, Shift MX Husqvarnas Jeff Emig and The Wick 338/Pilgrim Powersports Kawasakis Keith Johnson renewed their fight on Thursday for the second moto. A total of 23 different classes saw the second gate drop of the week, in what is arguably the most critical juncture for racers in their quest to capture an AMA National Championship. One race down and only 5. Romano was in the fight at the front of this class last year and is a favorite to win, but Gage Linville wasnt settling, and he caught Romano and turned this race into a battle for the win. He told the engine builder to stay outside because he was neither the participant nor the parent. Loretta Lynn's 2022 - Deegan Vs. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. These cookies do not store any personal information. After an exciting opening day, the action continued on Wednesday at the 40th running of the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship, as another 23 motos took to the track. Starting on Tuesday (August 3), the race motos will start at 8:30 a.m. Copyright 2023 CycleNews. ALL-NEW 2022 YAMAHA YZ125 WITH AN IMPROVED ENGINE, MXA INTERVIEW: CASEY LYTLE HAS SEEN BOTH SIDES NOW, MXA RETRO TEST: WE RIDE COOPER WEBBS 2015 STAR YAMAHA YZ250F, FLASHBACK! NBC Sports Indy 500 broadcast schedule for May at Indianapolis Motor Scott McLaughlin outduels Romain Grosjean for IndyCar victory at Barber, said Jeremy Coker, Monster Energy Star Yamaha Racing Team Manager in a release, Deegan already has more than 30 championships to his credit already, Questions and answers for the worlds biggest race, Indy 500 Last Chance and Fast Six Qualifying. Back out front, Romano was never challenged over the second half of the moto and put together a near-perfect wire-to-wire win that put him in control of the overall classification. TAKE A LAP OF SATURDAYS 2023 NASHVILLE SUPERCROSS TRACK, THIS WEEKS BIRTHDAY BOYS: ROCZEN, MUSGRAVE, BROWN, NARITA & BOWEN, MXA VIDEO: WE TEST THE 2023-1/2 GASGAS MC250F FACTORY EDITION, CATCH UP ON THE LATEST VIDEOS:JUSTIN BARCIA RAW OUTDOOR TRAINING, THIS WEEK IN MXA: E-BIKE VS. 125 TWO-STROKE & NASHVILLE SUPERCROSS PREVIEW, INSIDE JUSTIN BARCIAS MAIN EVENT-WINNING GASGAS MC450F RACE BIKE, MXA TEAM TESTED: WORKS CONNECTION 2023 YZ450F FOOTPEG MOUNTS, MXA TEAM TESTED: THOR COMP XP FLEX UNDER-PROTECTOR, MXA TEAM TESTED: PROX 520 X-RING GOLD CHAIN/SPROCKETS. The 107th indy 500 will be presented May 28 with seven hours of live coverage, the first two on Peacock and the final five onNBC, Peacock and Spanish-language cable network Universo. Share it. he has won championships at every level he has raced. Romano worked his way up into fifth place with two laps to go, which was enough to claim the title, but a tip-over on the final lap left him with eighth for the moto. I went to the medic tent because I thought I cracked my humerus, but it ended up being a deep bruise.. 1.1M Followers. When I got around Preston I didnt know if I could catch Chance, but I just dug deep and slowly started to catch him.. And then this morning we found out that Jimmy Red Lovett, the longtime flagman and ranch hand at Loretta Lynns, passed away after suffering a stroke, just days after we celebrated his birthday there at the ranch. One lap later, Kitchen found his way into the lead, and at the finish, he was 11 seconds clear of Hymas for the win, with Kilroy in third. Epic Hard Enduro Fails | Red Bull Romaniacs 2021 | All Offroad Days. Kilroy went 1-3-10 for third overall. Collin Allen grabbed the 125 (12-17) B/C holeshot but Ferry was quickly around him to take the lead and take off. Please keep Ron in your thoughts and prayers as well. With his pair of victories, Deegan became the first rider at the 2020 event to bring home multiple AMA National Championships. However, there was still work to be done for the KTM Orange Brigade rider in Supermini 1, which contested its second moto on Thursday. Any rider in any class at Loretta Lynns has the right to claim another rider in the same races bike for double the MSRP (about $17K in the case of a 22 YZ250F). The Deegans were upset because its apparently Haidens last amateur bike; Star Yamaha Racing were upset about it because a lot more than $17K goes into one of their bikes, as its no longer just the trick parts that make up a race package these days, but all of the ECU and data information and R&D and whatnot that a team like Star Yamaha Racing has invested in their program. Now is the time to get focused and really put in ones best effort. The field is actually getting deeper as we hit the final stretch. Yoder maintained his hold of the lead through the conclusion of the opening lap, but then came under fire from Reynolds, who had Kitchen right on his rear fender. From there, he methodically marched his way to the front and closed in on the rear fender of Marsalisi just past the halfway point. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. In the second Open Pro Sport moto, another poor start left Kitchen nearly last. In the midst of a long, taxing year already, I volunteered for a full week of long days in the Tennessee heat. We already know some new manufacturers are getting in the game, with Triumphs new motocross bike just around the corner, and now our MXGP insider Adam Wheeler says Ducati is preparing a 450 motocross effort. The New B class: Kitchen went next level after winning in B last year. At first Brennan didnt seem to know that Cotter was not an AMA official, though he is the MX Sports official who is the go-between with the AMA on pretty much every issue that comes up at the ranch. While in reality this event is just really another motocross race, the Loretta Lynns experience is so different for every single person there. In the first moto, he crossed the finish line ahead of Kilroy and Hymas, but after the race, the Yamaha rider was docked two positions for passing on a red cross flag. I had a few problems, but I knew I just had to relax and ride, and it would work out okay. Ferry, meanwhile, was fighting back tears on the podium, because while he held on for second, his hand appeared injured. Mini Sr. 1 (12-14) Overall Results (Moto Finishes) Haiden Deegan, Temecula, Calif., KTM (1-1-1) Keefer could probably talk about this process a bit more, but he might get yelled at. These two budding rivals met again in the second moto of Schoolboy 1, where Ferry entered as the first moto winner. Deegan, 15, will join the team's motocross . The actions in this video are performed by professionals or supervised by professionals. Haiden also inherited his fathers ability to put aside the danger of the sport in pursuit of success after listening to stories of Brians multiple broken bones, a severe spleen injury and a lost kidney. AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship Hurricane Mills, TN 08/02/2022. 2024 HUSQVARNA MOTOCROSS MODELS // TWO-STROKES & FOUR-STROKES, TWENTY YEARS AGO TODAY! It was wild to see the track on one block, and then look down the road and see downtown Nashville traffic, both cars and human, on the other block. Suddenly, Emig went down, which caused Johnson to get stuck in Emigs bike. Further to what Keefer wrote about the 2023 Yamaha YZ450F, I texted back and forth with Eli Tomac about this and yes, he confirmed he was not going to re-sign with Yamaha for another year until he rode the new bike. Johnson didnt give up and the battle reignited in the closing stages. Or if they are simply a media guy at the Ranch for the first time, taking it all in. Janik was no match for Deegans relentless pace, as the second-generation racer cruised to his second moto win of the week. ET with a two-hour exclusive prerace show on the Peacock streaming platform, which is part of more than 60 hours of NTT IndyCar coverage in May at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Despite losing the lead, Johnson kept his head down and kept the pressure on the multi-time national champion. Emig snuck by Johnson and then Fasnacht crashed, putting Emig in the lead. As the field stormed through the first turn to start Moto 1 it was NSA/bLU cRU Yamahas Luca Marsalisi who came away with the STACYC Holeshot, followed by Crow Hill Moto KTMs Robbie Marshall. The 40th running of the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship completed five days of racing Saturday, August 7, at Loretta Lynn Ranch, as Monster Energy Star Racing Yamaha's Levi Kitchen claimed the coveted AMA Nicky Hayden Amateur Horizon Award based on his performance in the Pro classes. I believe there needs to be a claiming rule for amateurs to help keep the playing field even, at least in regards to equipment, and I know Tim Cotter and Mike Burkeen feel the same way. Janik was in pursuit of Temmerman and was able to fight his way up to second. KTMs Cayden Braswell went 5-2-1 to win the Schoolboy 2 (12-17) B/C Championship, while Benjamin Garib went 4-3-3 to finish second overall. As the moto reached the halfway point Emig finally got the upper hand and put his Husqvarna at the head of the pack. The implication seems to be that Tim brought the claimant (Brennan Schofield) into the office trailer alone with Brian Deegan, and Deegan asked Schofield why he was making the claim (which Brennan had every right to make as a participant in the race who followed the AMA rules, which states that any bike in a race can be claimed by another rider in the race for double the MSRP). Check out all the exclusive content this month, Recapping Loretta Lynn's, the Deegan Bike Claim Situation, & More. Daxton Bennick had a good start but dropped back, and Nick Romano jumped to the lead. Hymas raced B last year and also won Schoolboy 2, and now he has the attention of a lot of teams. For some, the fight begins to fade due to fatigue and complacency. Nate Thrasher also raced B a year ago and now has two supercross wins to his credit as a full-time pro. But the original and real Red Bull Straight Rhythm (with supercross obstacles) is also returning this year, on October 15th, and it will now take place in Huntington Beach, in California. At this point the leaders enjoyed an advantage of more than 30 seconds over the rest of the field. Expect more battles in this class as the week goes on. Determined to get to the front, Kitchen carved his way through the pack and eventually found himself in second behind Hymas at the finish. I cannot say thank you enough to everyone who helped me throughout the long week, whether it was an enthusiastic high five in the middle of a hot day from a fellow video/photo/media member, or words of encouragement, or making sure I had food and water to drink, or a ride getting around the facility. 2022 Results. Theyre accompanied by the likes of Barry Carsten, Kurt Nicoll, Kevin Walker, and more. ET. The next day Tomac rode the bike and was very stoked with the new model and decided to re-up for 2023 (SX-only). Wait, there's more. Johnson reclaimed the position from Emig and then posted his fastest lap of the moto to put the finishing touches on the pass. Other riders are making their one and only visit to the Ranchand at varying ages. Phelps took the W with a 2-1-1, while Allred was second with a 1-3-2. dominic@swapmotolive.com. Haiden Deegan's age is 17. Once out front, Hymas asserted his control of the moto and led the way until the late stages of the race when Kitchens hard charge brought him to the rear fender of the Kawasaki. Linville passed Romano momentarily, but Romano got him back to snag the moto win. Its a double edged sword but I dont think anyone could complain too much after eight months of racing under their belts. more Haiden Deegan was dominant yet again en route to the second moto win in Supermini 1. Unadilla continues to be one of the biggest rounds in Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross, though the event has been run by the brother/sister team of Jill and Greg Robinson for several years now. After an exciting opening day, the action continued on Wednesday at the 40th running of the Monster Energy AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship, as another 23 motos took to the track. With the nickname Danger Boy, Deegan brings flair to Yamaha. A lifelong racing enthusiast and rider, Anton is the Editor of Swapmoto Live and lives to be at the race track. Motocross Loretta Lynn. Brennan Schofield knew the. Don't steal it. In 85 (10 -12) Limited, relative unknown Kannon Hargrove grabbed the holeshot, but Seth Dennis got him, but then Hargrove passed him back. Dominic Gaytan He made his way up to third, then second, and made the pass on Gordon to grab the lead. On lap four, he caught up to Bar X/Chaparral/Ecstar/Suzuki Racings Preston Kilroy and Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Greens Chance Hymas at the front of the pack. 2023 Nashville Supercross Round 15 Results, 2023 Spanish MotoGP News and Results (Updated), Throwback Thursday: Jeff Glass Leads the Way at Red Bud AMA 125 National (1988), 2023 and 2024 Honda MiniMoto, Scooter and Trials Models, Third Annual " Rainey's Ride To The Races" Set For MotoAmerica Superbike Speedfest At Laguna Seca, Suzuki Video Showcasing Development of Hayabusa NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle, Winning Ducati: 400 Victories in the Superbike World Championship, Mission Dallas Half-Mile Presented by Roof Systems on FS1 Sunday, Honda and the Honda USA Foundation Award More Than $2.7 Million to Advance Environmental Sustainability and Conservation Activities, Suzuki and Pipes Motorsports Group Announce RM Army Boot Camp #2, Iker Lecuona to Stand In for Marquez at Jerez, MotoGP Racer Aleix Espargaro Joins Team Mips. The first appearance of the Schoolboy 1 class signified the second time on track for Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racings Evan Ferry. Ferry - The Moto Aftermath Show 210.The guys talk about the upcoming 2022 Loretta Lynn's B Class Showdown between Haiden Dee. Back up front, Kitchen took advantage of his second-place positioning to challenge Yoder for the lead. Kilroy is second, followed by Reynolds in third. Yes, the kids who don't go to school, have OEM support and riding facilities have an edge on the kids who don't, and out of the 40 riders on the line, probably half of them have these advantages. Brennan Schofield knew the rules, saved up his own money and claimed another bike in the race, Haiden Deegans. After a dominant performance Tuesday in Supermini 1, all eyes were on KTM Orange Brigades Haiden Deegan in his quest for a pair of AMA National Championships. Stoked to be the first rider rocking the new Method Race Wheels R1M motocross wheel! Join Haiden through his journey building his bike and to Lorettas. but maybe not as late as I did. AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship Hurricane Mills, TN 08/02/2022. So many genuine people helped mesome I was even meeting for the first time. Shout-out to Chance Hymas, who was 38th after the first lap, but kept charging every lap through the checkered flag. Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS), Cypress, CA, carries Americas most diversified line of motorsports products, including motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, side x side vehicles, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power equipment and much more, sold through 4000+ dealers nationwide. Haiden Deegan came from 16th on the opening lap to win the final Supermini 1 (12-15) class moto, keeping the KTM Orange Brigade rider perfect for the three motos, his 1-1-1 moto finishes earning him the national title in the class. However, he was simply too far back from the leaders to do anymore. Stoked to see him come back this weekend at Unadilla as well as his teammate, Dean Wilson. Lots of crazy uninformed statements out there about the process and hopefully I can get to the bottom of it with the people involved but either way, I'd just like to put it out there that to me, this is a good rule. Dudney applied the pressure, but Hargrove went on to win the moto. Haiden Deegan - The Loretta Lynn's Vault - Amateur Motocross Results Home / Riders: D / Haiden Deegan Notice a Problem with this data? Everyones story is still so different and that is what makes sports (and life in general, really) so interesting. The rising stars of 250 Pro Sport were back at it again on Wednesday with the second of three motos. Hymas and AEO Powersports GASGAS Austin Black round out the top five. Ken Hill Masters (50+) Following a tense battle for the opening moto win on Monday, Shift MX Husqvarna's. As the gate dropped on the second moto the field emerged out of the first turn it was Fineis who came away with the STACYC Holeshot and the early lead. Kitchens 3-1-1 was more than good enough to take the championship, while Hymas was second at 2-2-2. He's also the first rider to complete the week undefeated across more than one division. Before Fame. Once out front, Ferry quickly established a comfortable lead that he continued to build on over the course of the moto. Thanks for reading Racerhead. Yaaat. For others, they will see this as a chance to push their name higher in the results column. We also have Motocross of Nations back in the U.S. this year at RedBud for the first time since 2018. Billy Fasnacht grabbed the holeshot in the first 50 plus moto and was under pressure from Johnson and Emig. Plus, knowing how Monster Energy Yamaha Star Racing operates, I dont think they brought Ferrandis back just to show off the number-one plate. We can comment back there!https://www.facebook.com/Brian38DeeganWe're the Deegan family, and we're back with another sick video! Despite his best efforts, Ferry couldnt close the deficit as Fineis enjoyed a wire-to-wire win, followed by Ferry in second and EBR Performance Yamahas Collin Allen in third.