TikTok, Abuja | 96 views, 16 likes, 3 loves, 4 comments, 6 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Winners Chapel; Living Faith Church, Durumi Abuja: COVENANT. No one comes to the Father except through me. Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Save 15% on BibleGateway+ with code SPRINGSTUDY15. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. The Holy Bible, New Century Version. ). So that he may bring forth food from the earth. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. New Century Version (NCV). Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved (Psalm 55:22 ESV). Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. ), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited! All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you: I will never leave you nor forsake you. (v. 5) What God said to me: I did, I will, I was, I will. Behold, God is my helper: The Lord is of them that uphold my soul. "Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ" (Rom. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3 NKJV). Text: Joshua 1:3-5 Theme: It is God who initiates and perpetuates our journey home. Why Does God Compare Our Relationship with Him to That of a Bride and Groom? For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens (he is God! The confession acknowledges that the teaching and preaching of Scripture are the ways that the Holy Spirit works faith in us. You have heard that it was said to those of old, You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment. But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, You fool! will be liable to the hell of fire. Accept this by faith with joy in surrender. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, And he said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. He is the author of eternal Salvation and deliverer Jesus is the one with no beginning and end which is the life of God. 119:18; 2 Peter 1:21). Key verses: I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. What the Bible says about God is the Giver of All Good Things. When the Word of God is proclaimed faithfully, God's Spirit accompanies it to change the hearts of His chosen and make them receptive to the message (Ps. These Scriptures go with the article: God the Giver Many portray God as a withholder who keeps blessings from us and withholds answered prayer because the Character of God as shown in the Bible is misunderstood. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell;They lift up their voices among the branches. Its living with purpose, on purpose, and through purpose. Interested in joining the Ligonier team? 7 God, your love is so precious! But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. Required fields are marked *. No biblical example shows any godly person taking the life of another or his own with God's approval in an act of euthanasia or suicide. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. A Gospel is a little bit of all of those combined. Search her squares to see if you can find a man, one who does justice and seeks truth, that I may pardon her. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.. What Every Christian Should Know about the Protestant Reformation. The Holy Spirit . So that it will not totter forever and ever. (13) I give thee charge in the sight of God.--Better rendered, I charge thee in the sight of God. For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. P He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. [Isa. Geocoding Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus. God Bible Topics God is Jesus Christ is the Source of All Life Jesus Christ is the Source of All Life IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. You protect people in the shadow of your wings. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 10:17). Created in January 2015, LizMargaret (LM) is a Christian faith and lifestyle platform that aims to empower women to find confidence and assurance in their faith. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. See also Isa 32:15; Isa 44:3-4; Eze 36:25-27; Eze 39:29; Eze 47:1-12; Zec 14:8; Jn 4:10,14; Rev 22:1-2,17. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. introduction about God and a being called the Logos (the "Word" in English translation), who is identical, yet distinguishable from God, and is Creator and the source of Life and Light. Paul also previews the return, or "second coming," of Christ. O He has not left that open t Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say, I have no pleasure in them; To the choirmaster. get to know the Bible better! Because the giver gets the glory. If we would have strong faith, then, the most important thing we can do is hear the preaching and teaching of God's Word as often as we can. Then I said, These are only the poor; they have no sense; for they do not know the way of the Lord, the justice of their God. The Berean: Daily Verse and Comment Sign up for the Berean: Daily Verse and Comment, and have Biblical truth delivered to your inbox. To receive inspiring content on faith and lifestyle, follow LM on social media! So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way. Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. The Sixth Commandment. Proud member There is debate regarding whether there will be one or two future return events of Christ. His praise endures forever! If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him (James 1:5 NKJV). But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. And he said to them, You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, For we also are His children.. I kill and give life, I smash and I heal, and none can resist my power. And his commandments are not burdensome. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. The Lord is righteous in all His waysAnd kind in all His deeds. Through the Holy Spirit, God gives birth to and supports both natural and spiritual life. Texts such as John 6:44 and Ephesians 2:110 reveal this precious truth, which is why the Westminster Confession of Faith stresses the work of the Spirit in bringing us to faith (14.1). If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. O Lord, how manifold are your works! Your light lets us enjoy life. Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, look and take note! Salvation is by the amazing grace of God, apart from works and obeying the law (verses 16-17) The way to God the Father is only through Jesus Christ (verses 18) Jesus will send the Holy Spirit (verse 33) Jesus will build a church on the foundation of the apostles (verses 35-51) Chapter 2: The Wedding, Temple and the Book of Signs! G And lastly, if youre convinced with the why then youll ask the how question. So the sisters sent to him, saying, Lord, he whom you love is ill. But when Jesus heard it he said, This illness does not lead to death. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. Before Joshua needed to hear any words about his responsibilities or his part in this thing called life and leadership, he first of all had to clearly understand Who started it all and Who will finish the process. Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens; The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. You were perfectly prepared to fulfill the life I had determined for you. of Your righteousness is like the mountains of God. Jesus said, "Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living, for all live to him" ( Luke 20:38, ESV ). Jesus answered him, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.. We will get to all that. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. And satisfy the desire of every living thing. For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org. Jesus then speaks of the temple of his body, how if it were to be destroyed he will raise it up again in three days. He established the earth upon its foundations,So that it will not totter forever and ever. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. God as the Giver of Life. He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters; He established the earth upon its foundations. You hide Your face, they are dismayed;You take away their spirit, they expireAnd return to their dust. And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. Behold, God is my helper and ally; the Lord is my upholder and is with them who uphold my life. Here, without a doubt, it signifies that God's conferring of good on the newly created couple is to . He causes the grass to grow for the cattle. I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. The first chapter begins with the most magnificent openings in a book: Rather than beginning with a genealogy (as in Matthew), or with a history (as in Luke), or beginning somewhat abruptly (as in Mark), John begins with a cosmic, abstract (mystical?) You first need to know the who, then you need to know why this who is here. And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. This is the great and first commandment. We feed our faith by hearing the preaching and teaching of God's Word. New International Version (NIV), Dictionary of Bible Themes 3290 Holy Spirit, the life-giver. yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. It was Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ill. The young lions roar after their preyAnd seek their food from God. E And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. The creating Spirit (or breath) of God gives and sustains life. You are clothed with splendor and majesty. Your light lets us enjoy life. Copyright 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. So that they will not return to cover the earth. Your email address will not be published. The role of Author and Finisher of your faith is mine and mine alone. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. Though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. He wants you to live in His grace, forgiveness, mercy and strength. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. So that he may make his face glisten with oil. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. I did promise Moses. So that an abundance of water will cover you? They have made their faces harder than rock; they have refused to repent. For less than $5/mo. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.. Publisher: OpenBible.info. Scripture tells us that God is the giver of life and breath ( Genesis 2:7; Acts 17:25 ). My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Before the foundations of the earth, I choose you and predestined you to be with me. For this reason, Scripture likens the Holy Spirit to life-giving water. Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. This is the proper diet that the Lord has ordained for our souls. K Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. That was not ever meant for Joshuas shoulders. Let us take as many opportunities as we can to hear the Word of God so that we will grow strong in our faith. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. What I said to God: Father, I am extremely glad and thankful to be calling You that this morning. Start for FREE. Honor your father and mother (this is the first commandment with a promise), that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. ): I am the Lord, and there is no other. Martin G. Collins Can you lift up your voice to the clouds,So that an abundance of water will cover you? May he fulfil your just desire for the prosperity of your industries. 3. John 3:6-8. O Lord, do not your eyes look for truth? Based on Hebrews 11:1, the motto Confidence Without Compromise is a lifestyle that were called to as believers. Psalm 118:6,7,13 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. A newspaper account? I will go to the great and will speak to them, for they know the way of the Lord, the justice of their God. But they all alike had broken the yoke; they had burst the bonds. You may unsubscribe from Bible Gateways emails at any time. Man goes forth to his workAnd to his labor until evening. Men, why are you doing these things? Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. ). Enter into the joy of your master.. Let sinners be consumed from the earthAnd let the wicked be no more.Bless the Lord, O my soul.Praise the Lord! They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. Who can count the clouds by wisdom,Or tip the water jars of the heavens. Documenting the lessons I've learned on this journey. Your Heavenly Father promises He will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5), that He cares about what you go through (1 Peter 5:7), and that He will fight for you (Exodus 14:14). "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? You open Your hand, they are satisfied with good. Whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies [that's grace]; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs . By submitting your email address, you understand that you will receive email communications from Bible Gateway, a division of The Zondervan Corporation, 3900 Sparks Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 USA, including commercial communications and messages from partners of Bible Gateway. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, And, You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. Created in January 2015, LizMargaret (LM) is a Christian faith and lifestyle platform that aims to empower women to find confidence and assurance in their faith. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. While you were still in your moms womb, I carefully formed you so nothing got overlooked. The end of the matter; all has been heard. These three questions are the same questions that everyone seeking to follow Jesus will have to answer: Note that these questions are consecutive. Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. He is THE giver. If you need reminders of His provision, check out these 12 Bible verses on Gods promise to sustain you. BEST VALUE in digital Bible study. He causes the grass to grow for the cattle,And vegetation for the labor of man,So that he may bring forth food from the earth, And wine which makes mans heart glad,So that he may make his face glisten with oil,And food which sustains mans heart. He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters;He makes the clouds His chariot;He walks upon the wings of the wind;read more.He makes the winds His messengers,Flaming fire His ministers. The irony, of course, is that the next chapters will show how the Jewish leaders will fail to see what these first witnesses have seen.