Theres continuity in approach. The Limit, Save, Growth Act is unlikely to pass the Democrat-controlled Senate. "Marjorie Taylor Greene doesnt think youre a mother if you adopt children. Previously, he worked at the Philadelphia Inquirer, where she was named as The Best Sportswriter in Philadelphia in 1993. We have five restaurants/brewpubs, all of which survived the pandemic. It was cold! Longtime Glen Macnow partner Jody McDonald is being targeted for the Sunday shift and The Philadelphia Inquirers Mike Sielski is in line to co-host on Saturdays. Did your parents require you to work, or did you work because you wanted spending money? The administration should meet with Congressional leaders without delay to find a path forward to raise the debt ceiling and address runaway deficits, Neil Bradley, the Chambers chief policy officer and executive vice president, said in a press release issued after the Limit, Save, Grow Act passed last Wednesday. I thought maybe twenty people would show up. . I wanted to create a festive environment where people can have fun.". The 118th Congress got off to a relatively slow start, but lobbyists were nevertheless busy. Experiencing Chicago without him for the first time, the silence was deafening., I cant tell you how many tweets I received last night about Mel didnt make the mention.. Winter would go from November to April, so we learned to ski, skate, sled, and play hockey. And a conservative Arizona group is pushing the same law again. Finally, Glen, what is the best piece of advice youve ever received? Pro Football Hall of Famer Ray Didinger and Main Line resident Glen Macnow will be hosting a Sports Movies night at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute May 16 at 7:30 p.m. Didinger said, We did a similar program when our sports movie book came out (The Ultimate Book of Sports Movies, in 2009). Web Research & Social Selling. Curt Schillings Philadelphia sports radio beef extends beyond Mike Missanelli. Glen stands at a height of 5 ft 7 in (approx. "My mom and dad adopted me at birth and they are my parents. Anyway, my memory of the night and his Kennett Square house is pretty clear. During an appearance on WIP's morning show Thursday, Macnow told Cataldi management at the station allowed him to choose his new co-hosts, something that doesn't often happen in sports radio. It was always nice to make money. www.youtube.com. At the time, they encouraged the country to have zero tolerance for homosexuality in their country and said it was what was a problem in the United States. I also ride my bike every day and try to stay in shape. Hes quoted in a Boston.com article dating back to 2015: The former Red Sox pitcher, who apologizedfor a tweet Tuesday referencing Muslim extremists and Nazis, told Boston.com that his memorabilia is not a Nazi collection. What lessons did you learn from those jobs that still stay with you today? That includes Conshohocken, King of Prussia, Bridgeport and Phoenixville. Glens average salary is $86,970 annually. Glen is a husband and a father of two grown children. The biggest ability is durability. It's been unbelievable. I am adopted and this hurts. When he got home from the interview, he looked at a map and finally realized where Buffalo was. So, Uganda drafted what became known as the "Kill the Gays" bill, which would require all homosexual people to be hanged. Congress reopened its doors to the public in January, nearly three years after coronavirus measures restricted lobbyists access to lawmakers on the Hill. He attended Haverford High School. U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) says that women who are stepmothers are not real mothers, because they are not a child's "biological" parent. I always had jobs. Joseph Santoliquito is a contributing sports blogger for CBS Philly. A few things drew me to Boston University. The pair hosted Mac and Mac on WIP for six years in the 1990s.I have a comfort level with Jody, Macnow said. Glen Macnow, the long-time WIP sports-talk host, part-owner of Conshohocken Brewing Company, and the man who can't quite get over the fact that people pay him to "talk about sports and beer, coach writing . Eligibility restrictions apply. On the first day of the trial, I sat next to a woman who worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer named Lucinda Fleeson. He had no idea where Buffalo was. Among them, Weingarten tweeting she supported Twitter suspending Greene for spreading COVID misinformation, which Greene tried to imply meant Weingarten did not support the First Amendment. What was fringe in 2009 is now mainstream Republican politics in 2023. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which advocates for American business interests, spent $19.1 million on federal lobbying during the first quarter of 2023 more than any other lobbying client. After a year, I switched over to film because I wanted to be a filmmaker. (5-10 PM), Fri. (5-11 PM), Sat. Greene sternly told Weingarten, "you have no business advising the CDC what the medical guidelines were for school closures, because now we have a nation of schoolchildren who suffered because of it. But she began and ended her time belittling Weingarten's motherhood. I have a one-year-old grandson that my wife and I babysit two days a week. Sign up for their weekly newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox. New shows were officially announced Thursday morning during Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team.As previously reported, Glen Macnow will pair with Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Mike Sielski for a new Saturday show from 10:00 AM-1:00 PM.I wanted somebody with strong opinions, Macnow said. Having grown up in the suburbs, being tossed into the city for college made me grow up fast. The cops were great and let all 200 of us drink, toast, and sing the fight song for an hour or two. She also railed against the teachers' union chief for submitting a plan to the CDC on how to protect students, teachers, and staff during the COVID crisis. Ray Didinger (not a homer by any stretch): "Eagles can an A-Plus for this draft. My sister and I watched that and loved it. One of the things that makes writing worthwhile is that its hard. I have three grandkids and absolutely love being a grandfather. I wanted somebody who could craft an argument. I took some time to walk to many of the spots hed show me. She was not a 'biological' mother. He ended up leaving the paper to work for Senator Lamar Alexander. He is a man of average height. I announce that when my show is over, Im going to drive down to the Vet and asked listeners to join me for one last toast. But Maddow recalled speaking to those on the ground in Uganda who made it clear that those Republicans and conservatives were the ones that inspired the "Kill the Gays" bill. I try to read as much as I can. You really cant go wrong with the Mac and Mac reunion, which weve heard numerous times over the years, but never on any kind of permanent basis. Or Trump. Our high school had a radio station that I was on, which was a lot of fun. When I think about this whole Ohio and West Virginia region, the opportunity to support the clean energy and tech fields and replace manufacturing jobs that have been lost, thats exciting to me, Doyle told The American Lawyer. The top 10 lobbying firms raked in 8.8% of the $1 billion spent on federal lobbying in the first three months of 2023. I wanted someone who creates content outside of here (94 WIP).. Lexington sports station 96.1 The Zone has flipped from sports to Americana music and rebranded as 96.1 The Hound. Funny enough, both guys pretty much check the box for the suggestions we put out there in a recent column titled Who Replaces Ray Didinger on 94 WIP? The temporary restraining order, issued by St. Louis County Circuit Court Judge Ellen H. Ribaudo, allows Missourians to continue accessing gender-affirming care until at least May 15. Regardless, if the Jody/Mike combo becomes official, this approach will give the listener something old and something new at the same time. Did you have any jobs in high school, Glen? 100 Greatest Gangster Films: White Heat, #17, 100 Greatest Gangster Films: Reservoir Dogs, #15. The affordable prices range from $1.25 for a 4-ounce juice glass, to $2.50 for an 8-ounce glass, to $5 for a pint. I encouraged listeners to call with one last tribute to the Vet. Dave Wills passed away suddenly last month. Coming out of a challenging year, Glen, what are your priorities looking forward? I also ride my bike every day and try to stay in shape. The rest, they say, is Philadelphia sports history. 00:00 / 2:07:21 Glen Macnow & Ray Didinger on 94WIP Follow podcast I think everyone is looking to get out and enjoy themselves, so I think its going to be a good year. We would do play-by-play until the tape ran out, usually somewhere in the second period. He said he did not intend for the collection to offend. Finally, Glen, what is the best piece of advice youve ever received? You wont get that from Jody or Mike, and while there really is no replacing the institutional knowledge Didinger brought to the table, youve got decades of experience and knowledge in a two-man as well. I do need to be in the know about sports and whats going on. My father, who is going to be 91 this summer, always told me, treat the waiter as well as you treat the CEO. That was a proper send off and the people involved in putting that together deserve a lot of credit. Horne, who medaled at the 2013 Great American Beer Festival for his ESB (extra special bitter) recipe, features the ESB, Golden Ale, IPA (India Pale Ale), Cascadian Dark Ale, Pale Ale and Oatmeal Stout. This byline is mine, but I want my name removed. Former Rep. Ron Kind (D-Wisc. If I can keep doing what Im doing for a few more years, thats all I need. Another moment that stands out wasnt a fun moment, but powerful nonetheless. Glen Macnow Ray Didinger - Sat, Sun 10AM-1PM | SportsRadio 94WIP Glen Macnow & Ray Didinger Sat, Sun 10AM-1PM Follow Glen Macnow & Ray Didinger: Glen Macnow and Hall Of Famer Ray Didinger on the weekends. Glen is proud of his two handsome grown sons Ted and Alex. Additionally, he is seen on NBCSports Philadelphia every Saturday night at 11 p.m. The House has now passed a bill addressing the debt limit and the need to control spending. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. The team put white roses and an assortment of photos of Wills and other memorabilia in the visiting radio booth. He had no idea where Buffalo was. The 13-term congressman was also involved in passage of the Affordable Care Act and other major healthcare legislation passed during his tenure, according to his profile at the lobbying firm Arnold & Porter, where he will continue to tackle tax, trade and healthcare issues as senior policy advisor. We all went home and watched them blow the Vet up the next day on TV. My first job was a newspaper delivery boy when I was twelve and I was a summer camp counselor for several summers. The first happened in March of 2004, the night before they demolished the Vet. 21+ (18+ NH/WY). New shows were officially announced Thursday morning during Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team. One day he said to me in his booming voice, Mr. He said the memorabilia was visible upon entry to the house and provided us with this quote: I was at Curts house for a party. They are well within their rights to do so. The biggest ability is durability. You need a great brewer to make a great brewery, like you need a great chef for a restaurant. I played JV baseball in high school and batted .400, which is to say I went 2 for 5 the whole season! A piece of advice a friend gave me that I didnt really appreciate until I was a few years into radio, the worm that destroys you is listening to the critics too much, trying to please those who dont like you.. You spent the whole winter outdoors. What kind of music were you listening to back then? Finally, BU was in Boston, a great city. . Thats reportedly why one primary target turned the gig down. In 1986, Joe Distelheim, my editor, created a job to have me cover off-the-field sports topics including labor, drug, and other sports business issues. I got an allowance, but I wanted some spending money. Senior Researcher Dan Auble contributed to this report.OpenSecrets is a nonpartisan, independent and nonprofit research and news organization tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy. I only have one Mother as far Im concerned. I reported to John during my first internship with the Niagara Falls Gazette in college. Im very proud to be part of this company. Ending up in Philly was the luck of the draw just sitting there in that courtroom. Did you look at other schools other than Boston University? Major health sector players including the AARP, the Alliance for Retired Americans, the American Hospital Association, the Federation of American Hospitals and individual hospitals and systems paid federal lobbyists to keep Medicaid off the table during debt ceiling negotiations, a POLITICO analysis of first quarter federal lobbying disclosures found. JOURNALISTS, USA JOURNALISTS' BIOS Im waiting on the newest Jake Tapper book. He was concerned about the prospect of not getting mentioned until Saturday. Free shipping for many products! In 1987, I took the job and moved to Philadelphia, arriving in a week after the MOVE bombing! I originally enrolled at BU as a Fine Arts major because thats what my father did. Didinger, whose illustrious sports journalism career ends Sunday with his retirement, has seen nearly everything after working in sports for more than five decades. Copyright 2023 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | When I was a teenager, I regularly went to the Buffalo Sabres games with a friend of mine. I dont have a lot of free time because I have a lot of jobs including working as a consultant for a PR agency in the city where I work with young professionals improving their writing and networking skills. The health sector spends more money on federal lobbying than any other sector, and this year is no exception. Earlier this week, DiPietro & Rothenberg made sure a delivery of low fat whipped cream arrived at the home of noted pumpkin pie enthusiast Mel Kiper Jr. Glen Macnow, the popular WIP sports radio host, contemplated running for Congress in the Philadelphia suburbs. AARP will fight any cuts to the Social Security and Medicare benefits workers and retirees have paid into and earned, AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins said in a statement in January. I played every sport except basketball. Many over the past 24 hours have taken Greene's attack as an attack on parents who adopt, and on adopted children. How do you replace Ray Didinger on the 94 WIP weekend show? Manage Preferences. Part of the challenge I had in high school was I was a late bloomer. President Joe Biden is pushing to raise the debt ceiling limit without spending cuts or other conditions, but House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has said the GOP-led U.S. House will not pass a no-strings-attached debt limit increase. Despite the escalating tensions, the two men have reportedly not met to discuss the budget or debt ceiling since early February. Part of the challenge I had in high school was I was a late bloomer. That was before social media and Twitter, and there wasnt really a powerful local news talk station in the town, so people called WIP. January 18, 2022 Attend the 2022 "Bring Ben Home" sports fundraiser Join Flyers legend Bernie Parent, 94WIP's Glen Macnow, and NFL Hall of Famer Ray Didinger in raising money for Ben Yellin "It was friends of mine and me who really like beer; it's something we spoke over the years about and they put together an investment group and I joined in with them in doing this," Macnow said. Well see. "It's a brewery, and we have a tasting room, which is different brew pub and different from a restaurant. I have three grandkids and absolutely love being a grandfather. He spoke about growing up in Buffalo; discovering he enjoyed the physicality of sports more than the play itself; dragging his father, a baseball and Yankees fan, to a Buffalo Bills game and doing play-by-play of Buffalo Sabres games into a cassette tape recorder; and never imagining a career in sports journalism or and any sort or journalism for that matter. Six months later, I got a call from the Philadelphia Inquirer asking me if I would be interested in covering sports business / sports off the field for the Inquirer. First published on April 14, 2014 / 9:01 PM. Public Private. The sniping stems from a story Macnow shared about Schillings collection of World War 2 memorabilia, and a visit to his Chester County house, which resulted in Curt writing this Wednesday evening: Wow, okay. AZ/CO/CT/IL/IN/IA/MI/NH/NJ/PA/TN/VA/WV/WY only. Crossing Broad is owned and operated by CB Sports LLC, Kevin has been writing about Philadelphia sports since 2009. She must be removed!!". We have all the beers for you to try. Thats the biggest lesson, and the one that Ive carried on through other things. My mother was a stay-at-home mom until I was eight years old. The Top 8 Sports Media Stories of the Day, sent directly to your inbox, every morning at 8am ET.