Archived post. In some instances allow additional week for parts ordering. The meter was not working properly and the light seals were a mess. They have done fantastic work with my Canon AE-1P and Minolta X-700. exposure adjustment, Replacement of mirror cushion, Garry had repaired the film counter, repaired the advance mechanism, performed a Hi Paul, I'm not sure if he does "foreign affairs", but you can ask him. Downloading, republication, retransmission or reproduction of content on this website is strictly prohibited. They highjacked one part of the camera for another.probably to fill a repair quota - but I won't sent it back again. I might have jumped the gun a little bit on making this post, but I was frustrated and just wanted to vent I suppose. I think I will give 'em a try with some of my aging stuff now, too! prism, Thorough external/internal cleaning. If anyone has any suggestions where I could send her off to, please let me know. Photographic Equipment Repairing. 5 likes. 3. Find your B2B customer within minutes using affordable, accurate contact data from Datanyze. Hello all! OurSave Analog Cameras campaigntaught us how people repair their cameras, which has motivated us to start mapping the worlds best repair resources. Im willing to spend more than the camera is worth to have it repaired since it has so much sentimental value to me. A couple of days later, Garry emailed that the camera was not repairable and needed a full shutter rebuild and parts weren't available. The meter was not working properly and the light seals were a mess. Thanks in advance! Click to expand. Ema adjustment, Lubrication of winding mechanism, Light meter IMHO, Garry provides a unique service to users of low-cost classic camera, equipment by providing rock-bottom price CLAs for these cameras, which, keeps them in usable condition for people who can not, or do not want, to, perform repair services themselves. Most importantly, I don't think there is any, other place where I would have got this work performed at such a low, Again, I can only hope that his services will remain to be available, to the community of classic camera users. I've got an OM2N with a dragging shutter curtain I probably need to get CLA'd. I know zuiko.com is the gold standard, and if I thought I had a real problem I'd go that route. of flash sync contacts, Lubrication and adjustment of Do you know of another good place that services Pentax? I've called twice to send him my Spotmatic for a CLA and have not received a response. Over time we've accumulated a large inventory of parts and supplies that allows us to perform repairs that would otherwise be rendered un-repairable. LED Just google it up. United Cameras (despite being listed as an XK servicer) will not repair XK's. Right now I have been taking my things to a place in Anaheim Called "Camera Tech of Anaheim". Greetings! One or two people have just gotten cameras back from Garry's and were quite satisfied with their work. My brother sent me an SRT 101 he picked up at a garage sale. 10/10. Shutter run-time and speed adjustment, Lubrication of Just wondering if anyone else has had bad experiences with Garry, and how I should proceed from here. Hello all! Mirror is in 'locked up' position, Advance is stuck, Meter To open an account, please complete the Repair Form and send it to us with your first repair and payment. Sucks, but it was a $15 gamble. Garry was super good at communicating during the process and the repair cost included a CLA. Garry's Camera Repair is dedicated to providing the best on-line experience possible and have designed an easy to navigate website with features like camera forum, posting and reading feedback. from a Google search worked - probably because of the final ")" in your sentence. Anyone have any experience with Garry's Camera Repair? Here's a list of some of the top trending technologies and APIs used by Garry's Camera. Repairs usually takes from 5 to 7 working days depending on the condition and severity of the problem. Place to have repairs done? Our Save Analog Cameras campaign taught us how people repair their cameras, which has motivated us to start mapping the world's best repair resources. And yeah I just sort of googled "Garry's Camera Repair review" haha, some forum posts and Reddit posts popped up with a few people saying that the repairs weren't thorough, or that cameras weren't fixed correctly, but I've heard many others say that it's a good budget CLA option, and they had their camera repaired quickly and well, so it's sort've a mixed bag. All this for $48.00. Repairs are performed on site by our factory-trained technicians. None of this would be possible without the amazing community of passionate analog photographers that continues to supply us with valuable information about hundreds of repair shops around the world. It was well wrapped in bubble wrap and fully protected. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Typical for ebay from my experience. My current kit consists of a Nikon FE/FM and a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S if that helps at all. Give us a call today at 619-286-6093. Light leak, Will not advance, Shutter will not release, Meter inoperative, Film counter appears to be stuck. Email us at garryscamera@yahoo.com to request our latest Repair Price List. Kurt's Camera Repair uses the manufacturer test and calibration tools for making all necessary repairs and adjustments to your photographic equipment. camera, camera repair, pentax help We continue to invest in the latest test instrumentation and training for the current High-Tech camera products. If youre complementing information regarding an already listed shop, make sure you use the exact same shop and country names as are listed. Garry's Camera Repair? FM 10. Rough advance, Shutter Again, Im a little bit disappointed that he couldnt fix the FM (and he didnt seem interested in repairing it if I could source the part elsewhere and send it back,) but Im excited to use the FM2. Website Take me there. Lubrication of winding mechanism, Light meter calibration, is locked up, Shutter opens half way, Severe The entire line of Upper-Mid range and Mid range of Canon EOS series, Minolta Maxxums, and Pentax ZX models. Cleaning of flash sync contacts, Lubrication and adjustment Privacy Policy. of shutter mechanism, Shutter run-time and speed adjustment, Garry's Camera Repair is dedicated to providing the best on-line experience possible and have designed an easy to navigate website with features like camera forum, posting and reading feedback. Kurt's Camera Repair in San Diego offers camera repair service to customers regardless of location. I think it's. We need to keep film cameras operational for as long as possible and preferably bring new ones to the market as well. 960 Thompson Blvd Buffalo Grove IL 60089 (847) 962-8608. Mirror in up position, Meter Garry's Camera Profile and History. not release, Counter doesn't work, Camera At Garry's Camera Repair we specialize in repair and service of most classic and modern 35mm SLR cameras, as well as variety of Digital and Compact cameras. I highly recommend Garry. I have no doubt that within the scope of the repairs that Garry's Camera can do competently, they provide good value. Likewise, if its possible to salvage the lenses Id love to hear your advice on that as well. (718) 987-0278. He supplied all the parts such as seals and capacitor. Copyright 2023+ Photo.net Elite Tech Repair. Batteries Plus Bulbs. So I just wanted to share my recent experience with Garrys camera repair because its not been super great so far and Im honestly not sure that hell make it right at this point. The effort is ongoing and we invite you to share information on any repair service you know about, whether it is currently listed or not. Repair of original problem or defect, Cleaning of shutter and release magnets, Cleaning of flash sync contacts, Lubrication and adjustment of shutter mechanism, Shutter run-time and speed adjustment, Lubrication of winding . Our prices are reasonable and competitive and estimates are almost always free. 1. I had my X-700 repaired at "headquarters" in New Jersey for a stuck advance lever. However, it looks more like I just need to lube and clean the elements of the shutter system. Garry's Camera Repair www.garryscamera.com I'd also ask/snoop around at the photrio site for other shops still servicing film Minoltas. I got the cameras back yesterday, and I gotta say, I was disappointed. Severe The FM2 looked great it was super clean but once I tried winding it up the wind lever stuck again, just like it had prior to me shipping it. John Titterington will not touch XK's Garry might attempt XK's, but the only person I know who sent one to him had it returned in a worse state than it was sent in, so I can't mention him without this warning. Will not advance, Shutter will not release, inoperative, Film counter appears to be stuck. Repair of original problem or defect, Replacing defective on-board capacitors, Cleaning of shutter and release magnets, Cleaning of flash sync . Garry sent the next day and apologized. I am a repeat customer. Repairs work like this: Fill out this short online form here . A couple of days later, Garry emailed that the camera was not repairable and needed a full shutter rebuild and parts weren't available. magnet. Free Standard Shipping & Handling on Camera & Lens Products Offer valid January 19, 2023 at 12:00 AM EST through June 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. My x700 needs a few repairs done. contacts, Lubrication and adjustment of shutter mechanism, EDIT: He did get back to me today, and offered to take a second look at the FM2, so hopefully we'll be able to get everything resolved. This is not meant to be a review of Garry's camera repair. I too am a repeat customer of Garry's. I purchased a Minolta XG7 for $15 at an antique store. A place for the film photography/videography community to discuss whatever you want. We would appreciate any advice, reaction or comment on the effectiveness and usability of our web site. Additionally, the light meter exhibited the exact same behavior. I sent it to Garry and it was returned promptly -- the meter was adjusted to take 1.5v volt batteries and the camera was cleaned up nicely. This is the sister sub of r/analog, where all of the non-photo-sharing stuff happens! Cactus Imaging - Is it still in business? Website. and our By We are an on-line based camera repair facility specializing in service and repair of all major 35mm SLR brands, as well as wide variety of Digital cameras. Personal experience is ALL we can share accurately, or as accurately as possible, eh? I've also added a note up top clarifying my current position. Our in-store technician continues to fix and troubleshoot problems with all 35mm and digital cameras, video camcorders, and accessories sold both today and from as far back as the 1950's! Garry said he could return the camera for the shipping fee or dispose of the camera "at no cost". I sent it to Garry and it was returned promptly -- the meter was adjusted to take 1.5v volt batteries and the camera was cleaned up nicely. It had a mint 55mm 1.7 so I figured the lense was worth that if the camera was inoperable (I have a SRT). Free Estimates. We need to keep film cameras operational for as long as possible and preferably bring new ones to the market as well. I didn't really intend for this to be a post smearing Garry, I just wanted to share my experience thus far. However, we cannot keep replacing cameras forever. So if you are looking for a reputable, fully equipped photographic equipment repair center, Kurt's Camera Repair can meet your needs. Sign up for a new account in our community. winding mechanism, Light meter calibration, Automatic It seems that almost all film cameras have doubled in price over five years. lights up, but This morning I received my SRT-102 in the mail from Garry's Camera Repair. LED lights up, but winding mechanism, Light meter calibration, Automatic Not bashing anyone or looking for anything from Garry. Meter Have not gotten a response in over 24 hours. http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00CenC. I figured a $60 CLA with Garry was worth a try for a beater camera I could give my kid. Eric Hendrickson, just got two K1000 back from him, he does great work and fairly fast too, Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - Page 9 - PentaxForums.com, k-r is showing flashing F-- and won't take photos, Pentax Spotmatic CLA and repair by Garry's Camera in Illinois. I will be sure to update this post if any progress is made! Review, Garry's Camera Repair July 09, 2018 Decent camera repair techs are hard to come by. Thanks for your effort! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. In need of camera repair? Garry's Camera headquarters are located in 960 Thompson Blvd, Buffalo Grove, Illinois, 60089, United States, Garry's Cameras main industries are: Automotive Service & Collision Repair, Consumer Services, Consumer Services, Garry's Camera appears in search results as Garry's Camera, Garys Camera Repair, Garry's Camera Repair, Garrys Camera Repair, Gary's Camera Repair, Get Free Access to Garry's Camera Contacts Info. We closely follow the latest developments and trends in imaging and how it affects photographic repair industry. inoperative, Severe light leak. light leak. Street Photography Video on Garry Winogrand. I would recommend Garry for this kind of service. This situation is ongoing and I wanted to share it with others and see if anyone else had a similar experience, and to try and get some advice from the community. It honestly does not look like he did anything to the FM2 other than give it a good cleaning and apply new light seals with super glue, of course. Claim this business (847) 962-8608. Classic and Vintage Camera Repair, Digital Camera Repair, Lens Repair, also Repairing -- Camcorders and all eras of Photographic Equipment and Vintage Audio Visual Equipment. If everything gets resolved I will be sure to make a follow up post. Since I had previously recommended, Garry without ever having used him, I figured I should put my money, where my mouth was, and check him out. A few weeks ago, I reached out to Garry asking if he could take a look at my Nikon FM and FM2. Currently shooting a Nikon FM2n that they did a CLA for me about a year ago. Something is wrong with it as it will take a photo but then get stuck. Valid for any D-SLR make or model. If Hoya still buys Pentax and quits camera business.. leak, Will not advance, Shutter will not release, Meter shutter will not release, Counter doesn't work, Camera Light Over time we've accumulated a large inventory of parts and supplies that allows us to perform repairs that would otherwise be rendered un-repairable. Repair of original problem Find Related Places. My Not-So-Great Experience With Garry's Camera Repair. A place for the film photography/videography community to discuss whatever you want. At Garry's Camera Repair we specialize in repair and service of most classic and modern 35mm SLR cameras, as well as variety of Digital and Compact cameras. Im just really bummed out that now I have to source a new, nice bottom cover for my FM AND figure out how Im going to fix it, and I paid $70+ for someone to clean my FM2 with some alcohol and a Q-tip. He tells me I should just send them in and hed have a look, awesome. Packaged the camera and lense in plenty of bubble wrap and sent it off. Also, I seem to remember that one of Garrry's defenders had the same name as his wife? It's run by an older gentleman named Mike. mirror flipped up, but the Hi, You might look at Garry's Camera in Niles, Illinois. But I thought it would be wonderful if I had it repaired. We service just about any brand and model of 35mm Manual SLR cameras from the early 1960's through the end of the 1990's. 5 recommendations and reviews from 5 people Referral from September 8, 2020 UncontrollableWaffle asked: Place to have repairs done? We can still repair many of the classic manual focus SLR cameras that no longer have factory parts available, and many that other local repair shops may consider unrepairable. but shutter will not release, Counter doesn't work, Camera is locked up, Shutter opens half way, Severe light leak. For simple CLA's I won't hesitate to use them again. 20154 Milano, https://www.facebook.com/Alba-TECH-1005577746143898/, https://m.facebook.com/Deans-Camera-Repair-201497349871095/about/?mt_nav=1&__xt__=33.%7B%22logging_data%22%3A%7B%22event_type%22%3A%22tapped_open_page_info%22%2C%22impression_info%22%3A%22eyJmIjp7InN0eWxlIjoiMjkiLCJwYWdlX2lkIjoiMjAxNDk3MzQ5ODcxMDk1IiwiaXRlbV9jb3VudCI6IjAifX0%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22mobile_page_home%22%2C%22interacted_story_type%22%3A%221609824172609938%22%2C%22session_id%22%3A%22ff6cca6ccad8bb7249fd12b625d33e18%22%7D%7D, Foto-Naprawa, ÓD, Ul. and prism, Thorough external/internal cleaning. Advertisement . A very positive experience. Legendary cameras such as Minolta SRT and X-Series, Canon FT and A-series. of shutter and release magnets, Cleaning of flash sync I received the camera back today with a repaired shutter, new seals, new mirror foam, creaky noise fixed, and absolutely spotless condition. leak, Will not advance, Inconsistent light meter, Shutter will not or defect, Replacing defective on-board capacitors, Cleaning Replacement of light seals, Cleaning of viewfinder and release, Meter will not work. Cleaning of release He lets me know hes sending them back to me after sending an invoice. Content, including images, displayed on this website is protected by copyright laws. I sent these bodies up there for repair and received a CLA with no apparent repairs performed. When I received the camera back. Estimate would be standard. His prices are low, but his work is what I would call sub-par. If anyone has any recommendations for brick and mortar shops (Preferred) or online places to ship to, that would be greatly appreciated. We continue to invest in the latest test instrumentation and training for the current High-Tech camera products. **Before you read, I just want to clarify that the title is a little bit misleading. We can still repair many of the classic manual focus SLR cameras that no longer have factory parts available, and many that other local repair shops may consider unrepairable. cushion, Replacement of light seals, Cleaning of viewfinder So that brings us to now. It has most likely to do with shutter lubrication and, adjustment. They also charge $8.00 for return shipping. Although I like Mike a lot, I feel like I have been let down by his work multiple times. Gerald's Digital Camera Repair Services, Columbia, South Carolina. Click here 14 Likes Search this Thread He responded to my questions within 24 hours. We have a few in Southern Ontario but due to age, their numbers are dwindling. This will help us stay up to date with your needs. It's mirror locked in the up position on the 16th frame as well as having a very creaky sounding noise coming from the door when holding it. Peter Blaise Minolta Photographer peterblaise@yahoo.com http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/ http://www.konicaminoltaphotography.com/. Copyright document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); All rights reserved. He's worked on several of my Pentax and Minolta film cameras and does an outstanding job. inoperative, Film counter appears to be stuck. As the situation changes I will update this post, and will be sure to make a follow up post in the future! original problem or defect, Cleaning of shutter and release Scan this QR code to download the app now. Our current customer base includes individual owners, High Schools, Colleges and Universities. Looking for an Analog Camera Repair Store in the Orange County, California area Hi! Kai. We strive to provide the best repair service possible to our custom ers and are always looking to expand our clientele. Film camera prices are rising steadily and its not just the likes of the Hasselblad XPAN, Contax T3 or Olympus Mju II that are increasing in value. Im fine with shipping it somewhere. or defect, Cleaning of shutter and release magnets, Cleaning Repair of Do you know of another good place that services Pentax? Join the cause and contribute to our list of repair shops by filling in the following form. I recently got into photography (very beginner) and my dad gifted me my grandfathers Pentax K1000. garryscamera.com Camera Repair Recommended in multiple social networks 7003 W Carol Ave Niles, IL 60714 (map) Get Directions Review this provider Share Claim this profile Issues with this profile? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. They charge a flat rate of $50 for a full CLA and they have a turnaround time of like a week or two. I am not sure what a person would expect for $48.00 but he has provided great service for me and his work is guaranteed for 90 days. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. capacitors, Cleaning of shutter and release magnets, Automatic exposure adjustment, Replacement of mirror is locked up, Shutter opens half way, Severe light leak. I emailed Garry about the damage and got no response whatsoever. Our repair prices are very competitive and all services are done on premises. This is the sister sub of r/analog, where all of the non-photo-sharing stuff happens! Our. original problem or defect, Replacing defective on-board In business for over 20 years. I told him I wanted the camera back; the lense was pristine. light We want to help people find a place where they can get their camera repaired, or alternatively donate their old cameras to be used as spare parts. The camera obviously took a hard fall onto a hard surface. I've had Garry clean my DSLRs, he did a great job. Paid for repairs on one, got the cameras back and the one he could not fix has additional damage and residue, and the one he did fix is not actually fixed. This is quite different from, most (all?) Yeh, it came back fixed but with a new problem - aperature priority mode all screwed up. I wrap the cameras up individually and throw em in a box filled with bubble wrap, and send them up to Illinois. Anywhere in Sac is okay. Garry said he could return the camera for the shipping fee or dispose of the camera "at no cost". They were wrapped up super well, but I immediately noticed a pair of dents on the bottom of the FM that were not there before. Slow/intermittent shutter speed, I emailed Garry's Camera Repair, and he said it should be repairable unless the problem was with the printed circuit board. inoperative, Film counter appears to be stuck. We closely follow the latest developments and trends in imaging and how it affects photographic repair industry. WELCOME TO KURT'S CAMERA REPAIR IN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU BRING YOUR EQUIPMENT IN PERSONALLY, OR SHIP IT TO OUR REPAIR FACILITY IN, 7403 Princess View Dr, Suite B, San Diego, CA 92120. Personally, I would hate to see Garry's, business being ruined by feedback that might not be representative of, Anyway, shortly after the above mentioned thread, one of my X-570, developed a problem in the form of random underexposure of 1 to 12, pictures on each roll of film. What kind of equipment does the shop service? Have not gotten a response in over 24 hours. I will continue to have Garry service my camera bodies when required. I'm looking for a camera repair place in the Orange County area or close to it. I. . Geoff - I can assure you that I am not Garry's wife ;-). He will turn it around within 7 days. We are an on-line based camera repair facility specializing in service and repair of all major 35mm SLR brands, as well as wide variety of Digital cameras. I told him I wanted the camera back; the lense was pristine. Scan this QR code to download the app now. Automatic exposure adjustment, Replacement of mirror The only shortfall that I, see in his business model is that there are camera problems which, simply cannot be repaired at the fixed price he is offering, and if, customers are unreasonable about this, they will be dissatisfied with. Severe light leak, Will not advance, Shutter will not release, Meter Gary's Camera Repair. other repair services I am aware of, which focus on, offering a 1st class service at a premium price, and are aimed at, collectors as well as users. mirror cushion, Replacement of light seals, Cleaning of He said ok and sent me a tracking number. Asurion Phone & Tech Repair. After loading fresh batteries, it seemed to function properly with the exception of the shutter curtain occasionally sticking a couple of millimeters from the end at shutter speeds below 1/60 Light meter was functional and accurate. As soon as we receive your first repair order we will assign you a permanent account number and notify you with further instructions. A dirty sensor in your Digital SLR can leave spots on your pictures. I 1 Like Search this Thread k-01 | k-r is showing flashing F-- and won't take photos Bookmarks Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it! The camera was, cosmeticaly in near mint condition when I send it in, and it returned. The camera looks great and works perfectly. Let us know. Slow/intermittent shutter speed, Light meter is erratic, Mirror is in up position, Advance is stuck, Aperture Automotive Service & Collision Repair, Consumer Services, 960 Thompson Blvd, Buffalo Grove, Illinois, 60089, United States. he is a one man shop open M-F 12:30 - 6 PM. It was kept in storage for decades and so it is definitely in need of repairs if I wanted to use it for anything other than display, and Id likely need new lenses, as only one seems to still be in pristine condition. Local business. Garry's Camera Repair. wouldn't advance, Meter New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. For the last fifteen years it was, in many cases, almost cheaper to replace your broken camera with an entirely new one instead of having it repaired. This will help us stay up to date with your needs. Including USPS Priority shipping time out and back, my camera was gone about ten days. Over 45 years of serving the photographic community has earned Kurt's Camera Repair the reputation for honest, friendly and reliable service. It's easy! But there is ZERO excuse for the lack of customer service and integrity that they have been shown to exhibit when they get a camera with an issue that is outside the scope of their competence. 12, 80336 Munich, Carminati Gian Luigi, Via P. Lomazzo 45. He returned my email promply, on the following day and wrote as follows: "We are familiar with this, problem. $68.00. fmuellerJuly 20, 2005 in Sony/Minolta, I realize that reviews of repair facilities should usually go in the, neighbor-to-neighbor section, but since Garrys Camera Repair has. Along with our unbeatable repair prices and quality craftsmanship, we guarantee that your camera will receive our full attention and will be thoroughly examined and repaired using the latest high tech camera equipment. Since the problem my camera, exhibited did not seem to be covered in the scope of his fixed-price, service, I emailed Garry to get a quote.