The fee for a treaty trader, treaty investor, and treaty applicants in a specialty occupation (E category) will increase from $205 to $315. I got my H1B ext. i have received the confirmation of permanent residency from canada and now i am thinking to go to India for H1b stamping (first time stamoing from F1 to H1B). You cannot paste images directly. If you have no long term status in The Bahamas or Turks and Caicos Islands (e.g. None of these times are guaranteed and all applicants should expect delays. To apply for a visa to travel to the United States: In preparation for the interview, applicants must collect the appropriate documentation related to the purpose of travel. First, your employer must file a new I-129 petition, along with applicable fees and supporting documents. One went for F1 to H1B visa and other for L1 to H1B visa. The applicant bears all responsibility for qualifying for a visa. H1B : General ; H-1B Stamping in the Bahamas H-1B Stamping in the Bahamas. Based on this article I understand that Mexico and Canada are not the rt option for me. I heard that people from Biology background need additional security clearance. They have revoked and sent my petition to USCIS and they told that they cannot process my application since am foreign national. (If previously under J-1 in US) any applicable waiver of 2 year residence rule. Will my F2 visa still be considered to re enter to USA or not. Hi UmaJed I think I have same case as you. *Please note that all applicants must provide a certified English translated copy of all non-English language birth certificates. The service for the renewal or stamping of non-immigrant visas including H1B, which was in place until 2004, will be resumed on a pilot basis later in 2023. Pick something that you are comfortable going withthere is nothing called best, everyone has their own opinion and perception. A visa application or appointment does not equal visa eligibility. #42 Queen Street Note If the applicant is changing employers, the case does not meet the criteria for Embassy Nassau. Third country nationals are applicants who do not hold Bahamian or Turks and Caicos Islander nationality. In addition to the documents listed for the H1, you must also provide proof of dependents relationship to the primary applicant (must be original or certified copy if English translation, must be a certified translation). Currently I m on my 3rd H1b visa. Or from the country of residence (in our case: Netherlands)? Consular Services L lalalala Registered Users (C) Dec 27, 2006 #3 you are a visitor and not an immigrant, refugee, student or worker), the best place to apply for a visa is in your home country. Can I go to Bahamas now. More information below. By When are you planning to appear? The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Nassau is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States. Have you got any confirmation yet ? Chandra8 Members 18 Posted July 9, 2014 My attorney says that it is a risk to go or stamping in Canada. Can I go to Jamaica for stamping (would it be ok for first time H1B?) I have been working for the same employer since 4 years. What's the most comfortable solution for getting your first H1B visa stamped? By PP454, November 16, 2021 in H1B : General. I am yet to book slot for H1B interview. If you have Canada PR that is a legitimate reason to go there and do stamping as they asked me that question at the entrance of consulate. Hi, my husband is on H1b full time, got a project in Canada, company applied for work permit, going to get his visa stamping interview in Canada soon, can anyone suggest specific documents he need to carry? Anyone had recently went to Bahamas for H4 to H1, not the first time stamping? I may tend to disagree with the responses provided for the above two cases. Photos must meetState Department Requirements. I have a question for you that do you need to have first H1B stamping in order to renew you second H1B? The U.S. Embassy also acceptsrenewal(with no change in employer or job status)visa applicationsfromnon-residents of TheBahamasand Turks and Caicos Islands only when the original visa was issued in his or her home country. Also planning to apply for an expedited appointment request, since my work is critical to US Nat Govt. renewal my H1-B visa since I am holding valid I-797 petition and currently residing in USA. First time, non-resident applicants are requested to apply for these visas in their home countries. Alerts and Messages for Your link has been automatically embedded. Occasionally, applicants require additional, lengthy review, which may significantly delay travel to the United States by days, weeks or even months and would require the applicant to seek permission from the Government of The Bahamas to remain in the country while processing occurs. To mail your petition, use the address listed on Form I-129. A renewal is a case where an applicant for the same type of visa is made and does not include persons who seek to change from one visa category to another or who are seeking any other type of change of status even if that change has been authorized by the Department of Homeland Security.. Did you get the stamping done in Bahamas? So I dont know what your case is. My relatives are in Toronto and in Vancouver. I am considering Bahamas or India (home country). You can keep working in US and do a Change of status without getting visa stamping done as long as you do not leave the country and try to re-enter. All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear! There is lot of conflicting information on the web regarding weather an Indian citizen working in the US on a H1B visa needs a Bahamas Visa to go on a cruise. My Visa Stamping got expired in Month of December with my Wife and Daughter as same. Pay stubs/pay slips recording salary paid over the last 3-6 months. India does not seem conducive now, especially because you have to go on loss of pay, there are no flights to Canada if you want to return. Could you please help me as to how u managed to get your H1B status for your wife. Applicants who entered the U.S. in one visa category and are seeking to re-enter the U.S. in a different visa category, Applicants who have been out of status in the U.S. having violated the terms of their visas or having overstayed the validity indicated on their I-94s, Original or copy of the Notice of Approval, Form I-797, Pay stubs/pay slips recording salary paid over the last 3-6 months. The reason is, it is much easy to verify your education certificates, work related certificates etc if you have from your home country. Any inputs will help I got visitor visa for CANADA and i am planning to attend the interview. Did not go for stamping. Thanks in advance. Hi Sam, Your L1 and H1 are from same employer? You are using the wrong link. Attend the interview with all required documentation. If so you would have got your new I94 with your H1B approval that is your I797 petition if not then you need to apply for Change of Status(CoS). Travel to USA Processes, Samples, How to Guides, US immigration website Tijuana Visa Services, Non Immigrant visas for TCNs US Matamoros Consulate website, US Canadian Consular Embassy website H1B visa required docs, Visa Appointment registration System in Canada, Employment Non-Immigrant Visas Bahamas Embassy, How to make USCIS Expedite Request? has anyone had a similar case? Please let me know which one it true or where can i find a definite answer. Different consulates have different policies on TCNs (Third Country Nationals). 1. Anyone who has applied for and been refused visa issuance at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate is prohibited from re-admission or re-entry to the United States in the same visa category, even though they are in possession of a valid . Now my company has sponsored l1b visa blanket petition. my employer is Canadian company so there is 0 operational ties to India so not sure even travelling back to India how it will help. The F1 was changed to H1 status by Oct16 and as the employer doesnt had a project, i changed employer and now i am on job. Please visit the website for information on the required documents. Yes, new employer can apply for cap-exempt petition + COS. How did you manage this situation did you travel Canada or your home country to get this stamped ? I am going for stamping tommorrow as I dont have option to go to India now. It is opposite the BritishColonial HiltonHotel. Next option is for Canada, see it is risky in Canada if you do not have US education or experience in US as they clearly mention on consulate site of Canada. Hi, Need urgent input. I am an Indian citizen currently residing in US on an H1B visa. But first, a new I-129 petition with applicable fees and required documents showing . If you already have it approved and effective, then you should declare it. Hi All, I came to US on L2 visa 7 years ago, worked on EAD for a couple of years, my company sponsored H1B as a consular processing and a year later change of status, I have been working on H1B since then. If you are in US you have few options either get visa stamping in a neighboring country like Canada or Bahamas. I am in the same boat, I changed my plans. With the exception of a limited number of student visa appointments, all routine visa services at U.S. Embassy Nassau are currently suspended. She was NOT handed any slips in visa interview. Call center hours are from 9:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique. If previously under J-1 in U.S., any applicable waiver of the 2 year foreign residence rule. The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Embassy and we have no storage facilities for them, so please leave them at your home, your hotel, or in your vehicle: This list is not all-inclusive. if yes, did you get the stamping done? or should i go India first to get H1b stamping and then canada to get PR card? planning to attend Canada first , if they say to go back to home country ,then I want to use the other appointment date in india ( the reason why I am trying like this is now a days visa appointment waiting time is too much like 3 months ,but I have only 3 weeks vacation .can I book in advance like this? I have booked my first H1b stamping in Toronto(Dec 2021). There is no timeline as such for the responseNot to scare you, but it can take few days to months depending on the case complexity. The approval notice says consulate location as my home country however I am living/working in a third country. Yes you can. She is supposed to fly coming Friday on 25th September. Please advise. Applications for minors require a parent or guardian with a valid visa and a birth certificate or adoption decree connecting the applicant to the parent or guardian. Hi Administrator, Can you help me with my situation same as Kelsey ? Note: The Department of State is committed to facilitating legitimate travel to the United States for both immigrant and nonimmigrant travellers. No need to go to India. Original or copy of notice of approval formI-797. My Q was: Can I travel toNassau, TheBahamastorenewal my H1-B visa since I am holding valid I-797 petition and currently residing in USA. My husband has to apply for H1b visa (cap exempt) soon for the first time. US Visa Approval & Refusal Rates by Country and Visa; H1B Visa Tracker (FY 2024) US Visa Stamping Dropbox (Interview Waiver) Tracker; Your previous content has been restored. Check consulate website or speak to you school. We do not have stamping for the extended H1B visa (the current stamped visa has expired in Aug-2016). Successful applicants for work related visas should expect that it may take twenty-four hours to several days for a visa to be issued, depending on processing time required. Proof of work experience in the applicants home country with the same religious organization they will represent in U.S. Display as a link instead, Can I go for H1B stamping in Canada. Thanks for posting such details. Please update this thread with stamping experience in Bahamas. I am on H4 visa just like your wife. You cannot go to Mexico for first time H1B visa stamping or any kind of Change of Status. Pasted as rich text. Im on L1A and currently in US. Got email from US Consulate at Mexico that H1B & H4 are technically considered as same H visa category. so change of status stamping between those 2 visas is possible in mexico. Or should we plan a trip to Canada, get PR stamped and then directly go to India for H1B stamping before coming back to US? H1B Visa 2024 Tracker. Your link has been automatically embedded. Calculate the filing fee: The filing fee for an H1B visa petition is $460. 2. I have not been to US so far and this is first time. Ive a bit complicated case and wish to know what you think: 1) Came to US on L1B in 2004 2) COS from L1B to H1B in 2007 and been working in EVC model since 3) Got H1B stamped in Mexico in 2008 4) 2 Extensions applied and approved till Sep-2013 (needless to say, I140 approved and I485 applied) 5) Applied extension prior to Sep-2013, but changed client in Nov-2013 6) RFE in Jan-2014, responded by Apr-2014 and simultaneously applied for new petition in Apr-2014 for consular processing (all due to client change) 7) In a period of authorized stay since Sep-2013.