Fernando Jr, who narrowly missed out on a spot in the US Olympic boxing team, is set to make his debut at middleweight at the Grupo Sipse TV Studios in Merida, Mexico, on December 18. Its a blessing for me. All three kids work extremely hard and Im proud of them. TM & 2023 BoxingScene.All Rights Reserved. Yes! Amado Vargas, age 21, stands 5 8, and fights out of the orthodox stance in the featherweight division. Fernando Vargas, Jr. fought on December 18 in Merida, Mexico, scoring a knockout victory over Pablo Rosas after Rosas remained on his stool after round 2. .node-type-video #views-exposed-form-haymon-search-video-page i.fa-search::before { Its a blessing to have him in my corner. Fernando Vargas eldest son scored another knockout Saturday night. .w-100 { Sports were easy for me. All three of Vargas sons, FernandoJr., Amado and Emiliano, will square off against their respective opposition Saturday night at the Kia Forum in Inglewood. Fernando 'El Feroz' Vargas, Jr., son of three-time junior middleweight world champion Fernando Vargas Sr., will make his highly anticipated professional boxing debut against Pablo Rosas, (2-1) on Friday, December 18 at Grupo Sipse TV Studios in Merida, Mexico, it was announced today by his father. ", Vargas -- who trains his kids -- expects a win from each of them saying, "All of 'em by knockout. Vargas Jr. (7-0, 7 knockouts), who resides in Las Vegas, last fought on Nov. 26, 2022, in Carson (also on a MarvNations Promotions card), knocking out Alejandro Martinez in the second round. Following an amateur career compiling a record of 36-4, the 24-year-old southpaw Vargas Jr. is very excited to start his professional career and will be trained by his father in the professional ranks out of his Las Vegas, NV based gym, the Fernando Vargas Fighting Foundation. Zepeda vs Arboleda Fight Results & Highlights, Bek Melikuziev - Rosado Fight Results & Highlights, Tank Davis vs Garcia Fight Results & Highlights, Boxing Results: Rozanski KOs Babic, Bakole Wins, Hearn confident Billy Joe Saunders vs. Demetrius Andrade will happen, Leo Santa Cruz wants rematch against Gervonta Davis, Canelo vs Ryder: Fight Card, Start Time, TV & Stream Infos, Haney vs Lomachenko: Fight Card, Start Time, TV & Stream Infos, Canelo Alvarez vs. John Ryder undercard for Saturday, Canelo on Mayweather: They offered me the fight when I was 18, John Ryder ready to upset Canelo Alvarez this Saturday, Tim Bradley says Lomachenko will look to expose Haney late. Michael De La Cruz (0-1-1), another Ventura resident, will square off against Karpis Burushyan of Glendale, who will be making his pro debut. In the main event, three-time world light heavyweight titleholder Sergey Kovalev (34-4-1, 29 KOs), who used to train in Oxnard, will face Bulgarias Tervel Pulev (16-0, 13 KOs) in a 10-round cruiserweight bout. Vargas rocked Martinez with a right hook that made Martinez stumble and eventually landed flat on his back with 41 seconds to go in the second round. 6:02. The winner becomes the undisputed world champion at 154 pounds. A key factor in the judges decision, according to Dozer, was a 911 call placed while Rossi was being beaten. Fernando Vargas vs Terrance Jarmon 14-05-2022 Full fight. Im invested in this 100%, said Vargas Jr. Im blessed to have my father training me and my younger brothers. He can be reached on Twitter at FSalazarBoxing. Doors open at 5 p.m. Tickets could be purchased at purplepass.com/SimiValleyFightNight. By Fight Sports Dec 7, 2020 Last updated Dec 7, 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Download the TMZ App on the Apple App Store, Download the TMZ App on the Google Play Store. Its not every day that an existing unified world champion adds you to their team to help guide them to the next level of their journey. I believe in myself, and I know I have the drive to make it in boxing. Vargas Jr. vs Koboski - Watch Fight Highlights | February 5, 2022. Vargas would make the long walk after school from south Oxnard to the famed La Colonia Gym, where he would apply his trade that would take him to the 1996 Olympic Games and help him become a world titleholder five days after his 21st birthday. The judge could hear the head blows being inflicted, Dozer said, and he could hear women screaming.. Boxing Legends. Send me email updates and offers from TMZ and its Affiliates. straight ahead against Spence Jr. Former two-time world junior middleweight titleholder Fernando Vargas made his mark in the sport. ESNEWS. The fight will headline a three-bout Showtime telecast starting at 6 p.m. Francisco A. Salazar covers boxing for The Star and also writes for Ring Magazine and Boxingscene. Miranda (58-21, 22 KOs), who resides in Adelia Maria, Argentina, last fought on Oct. 15, 20222, defeating Cesar Velez by unanimous decision. The fight will be part of a BXSTRS Productions card that will air live on ESPN Knockout. Vargas continues to maintain he is innocent, but says he pleaded no contest for the sake of the other defendants. .addthis_sharing_toolbox.inline-post-share { Junior worked hard in preparation for this fight. .node-type-video #views-exposed-form-haymon-search-video-page i.fa-search::before { padding-bottom: 56.25%; Copyright 2022 Round By Round Boxing Gvozdyk trained for Saturdays fight at Extreme Boxing Gym in Santa Paula. Vargas Family Dynasty Docuseries, Episode 1. Fernando Vargas Jr. and Amado are both co-managed by famed adviser Egis Klimas, who was voted 2016 Manager of the Year from the Boxing Writers Association of America, for guiding Vasyl Lomachenko and Sergey Kovalev to the pinnacle of the boxing world, and Jose De La Cruz, who is best known for making Jorge Linares a multiple world champion. Hes the one that gave me my start in boxing and I want to carry on the Vargas family legacy. The show titled, Campeonata Nacional "Mosca" Cuentas Pendientes, a $12.99 PPV event, is presented by GRAND MEX-ENT, in association with the WBC. Gender Reassignment for Kids is Wrong 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. The Vargas brothers are not the only fighters with a famous last name on the card. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing. There is a lot of anticipation for his pro debut, now he has to show what he is made of and the fans are in for a treat to see the next generation of the Vargas family in the boxing ring., Mario Abraham added Its an honor to have Fernando Vargas Jr making his pro debut on our show December 18. Im sure he will get a great reaction from the fans and media in Mexico.. Known for his great footwork, Amado also has dreams and aspirations of become a world champion. Vargas Jr. started boxing at the age of 17. overflow: auto !important; Website SEO and Management by, Ammo Williams spoke with RBRBoxings Joseph Hamm, Styles make fights! Las Vegas, NV (December 7, 2020) Fernando 'El Feroz' Vargas, Jr., of Las Vegas, NV, son of the legendary three-time junior middleweight world champion Fernando Vargas Sr., will make his highly anticipated professional boxing debut against Pablo Rosas, (2-1) on Friday, December 18 at Grupo Sipse TV Studios in Merida, Mexico, it was . His answer might shock you. My sons have the DNA to become a champion. Timothy (1-0, 1 KO) will face Felix Vazquez (0-1) of San Diego in a four-round junior featherweight bout. Vargas, 23, who . The three fights will stream live on Fite.tv and TrillerFightClub.comstarting at 6 p.m. FernandoJr. (5-0, 5 knockouts), the oldest son at 25, will face Ohios Terrance Jarmon (3-0, KO) in a six-round middleweight bout. He looks like he never retired, supposedly what people were saying. They all have the skills to get there. Vargas Jr. started boxing at the age of 17. } Robert Scrappy Ortiz and son Timothy will fight in separate bouts. By subscribing, I agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, 2023 EHM PRODUCTIONS,INC. Fernando Vargas Jr ., the son of former light-middleweight champion Fernando Vargas Sr., will be making his pro debut. I didnt have an extensive amateur career, but Ive been sparring top pros since I was a teenager. Fernando Vargas Jr.. Brandon Rios I Am Going To KO Manny Pacquiao talks Fernando Vargas as fights EsNews Boxing. . I didnt want to see them fight because its a dangerous sport. Thanks to Mario Abraham and Max Boxing Promotions for giving Junior this opportunity. One of the youngest world champions. } 2023 www.vcstar.com. We just want to get this over, Arellano said, and enjoy our championship.. 1:00. emiliano vargas (fernando vargas son) got sick boxing . Former two-time junior middleweight titlist "Ferocious" Fernando Vargas is hoping the world sees that he's produced world champion-caliber offspring when his three sons star on a Triller. He knows he has a long road ahead but has tremendous confidence in himself. } Can't Miss, Undefeated Junior Middleweight Prospect and 'Son of a Legend' Fernando 'El Feroz' Vargas Jr., (6-0, 6 KOs), of Las Vegas, NV will open the 'Battle of the Best' Pay-Per . . Triller Fight Club 11 months ago. } } My boys have always been athletic, Vargas Sr. told The Star. Fernando Vargas achieved many accolades throughout his boxing career, including becoming a U.S. Olympian, successful prizefighter, and two-time world titleholder. The break actually benefited me mentally and physically, said the Baltimore, MD native who is guided in the ring by trainer Barry Hunter. height: 0; Kentucky Derby storylines: Training death puts early pall over Churchill Downs, Dig this: Long Beach States Mason Briggs could be next big thing at libero, Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies: How to watch, start times and betting odds, Elliott: Pissed off Kings must improve in key areas to break Oilers playoff stranglehold, Shohei Ohtanis seventh home run of the season helps Angels avoid sweep, How Palm Springs ran out Black and Latino families to build a fantasy for rich, white people, 17 SoCal hiking trails that are blooming with wildflowers (but probably not for long! } position: absolute !important; I kept doing it every day until (trainer) Eduardo Garcia saw me walk home. Canelo vs. Ryder: Remembering some of the best super middleweights in history. Vargas, 23, who pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit assault, must serve at least 60 days, beginning no later than Jan. 6, before he is eligible for parole. Following an amateur career compiling a record of 36-4, the 24-year-old southpaw Vargas Jr. is very excited to start his professional career and will be trained by his father in the professional ranks out of his Las Vegas, NV based gym, the Fernando Vargas Fighting Foundation. Vargas Sr., who is a 1996 Channel Islands High School graduate, was hesitant at first to have his sons pick up boxing, but supported their decision after seeing firsthand their commitment and dedication to the sport. top: 0; FAQ; . width: 100%; Thanks to Mario Abraham and Max Boxing Promotions for giving Junior this opportunity. Referee Kenny Bayless stopped the action at 1:46 of the . Hes athletic, but picked up boxing well after playing football and basketball in high school. Im a unified world champion at the top of my game and he will help me build my brand and handle the business aspects of my career., My goal is to be undisputed in 2021, I fought in January of this year and then the pandemic hit. /*-->