You were such a soothing and compassionate presence and surpassed any expectations of what I thought the experience would be like. As a trauma survivor, it is hard for me to feel safe with people and yet Bambi created an environment where it felt safe to do this deep work. Nature Excursions: Depending on your length of stay (and if deemed appropriate for your unique needs), you may have the opportunity to interweave the powerful medicine of nature into your treatment experience. I will always be grateful for Dr Bambis kindness, expertise, and support as I was caught in a bad storm of suffering. The protocol remains largely the same whether we are using EMDR therapy for anxiety, depression, PTSD or any other symptoms. Connecticut and many clients travel from out of state and create a self-care retreat by staying for 2-5 days. You can choose a series of 2-hour sessions,half-days, one day, or multiple-day sessionwe keep our scheduling options as flexible as possible and there will be breaks for lunch, movement, getting fresh air, and other necessities. . She was able to guide him through past traumatic memories in a way that allowed him to. Evaluate Janets tri-phasic model of trauma treatment and its impact of current treatment methodology. We can also use EMDR therapy for children, as it is does not require many details to be shared about a traumatic event. Anxiety: Anxiety can present itself in countless ways, affecting everything from our ability to meet new people to the ease with which we drift off to sleep. In the years following treatment my marriage rekindled, my career changed (starting with a masters degree at age 60! Specialties PTSD Trauma Anxiety Sexual Abuse / Intimate Partner Violence LGBTQ+ Modalities EMDR IFS ART The Flash Technique What is Intensive Therapy? EMDR works exceedingly well to resolve unprocessed traumatic events and offers lasting results in fewer sessions than other psychotherapy treatments. That was a very nice thought but I had no idea that it would completely change my life. I knew I was in good hands Bambi demonstrated just the right balance of abiding kindness and exceptional knowledge in her craft as a trauma therapist. The process for getting started with Wilcox Wellness is very straightforward. I had not done a therapy intensive before and was hesitant, but Bambi made me feel comfortable right from the start. As long as they can follow simple instructions, we can use EMDR with children and achieve positive results. Below are some problems that can be addressed during our top mental health retreats using a combination of EMDR and Internal Family Systems Therapy much more quickly and effectively than in weekly trauma therapy or mental health counseling services: Depression: One of the most common symptoms of past trauma, depression can manifest as a general lack of motivation or interest in things that were once considered enjoyable or in severe cases as suicidal tendencies. You may also drive from Denver, Colorado Springs or Albuquerque, NM, where you will observe breathtaking landscapes as you drive through the Rocky Mountains to reach the northernmost part of the San Luis Valley. This is not an urgent response service. Join a cohort group of professionals in this ideal setting to learn and practice new skills. Child Abuse It would have been a much longer road of healing without Dr Bambis. EMDR Intensive Retreat Rates in Panama City Beach, FL or multiple sites in AL: Daily rate of $1,400/day on weekdays and $1,500/day on weekends *Lodging, transportation, and meals not included except the midday meal on Intensive days. Phase 7 - Closure: If the processing of the traumatic event is not complete before the end of a session, your therapist will guide you through the self-calming techniques learned in Phase 2 to reestablish a sense of balance before heading back into the outside world. She was always very calming and engaging. Does it feel like something is missing in your life, no matter how many mental health tools you have? Our Intensive Day Retreats equate to 20 sessions of therapy, which would typically be taken over approximately a 6-month period. Phase 6 - Body Scan: After the positive cognition has been strengthened and installed, your therapist will ask you to bring the original traumatic event to mind to see if there is any residual tension held in your body. Our clients tell us they feel lighter, transformed, or like a huge weight is off my shoulders. Why didnt I know about this sooner? they ask. We are so glad you are here and look forward to connecting! EMDR is not just for trauma. Like a lot of people, you might not have time for weekly therapy. While EMDR therapy is hard work, you actually don't have to try too hard. Bambi received her masters degree in 1987 and has been in practice ever since. You may not see these experiences as traumatic, per se, however, being able to clear these out can be the missing the link. New research shows that intensive therapy for trauma and stress can be extremely effective on symptom reduction. She genuinely cared and responded with attunement and warmth to the varied. As someone who has struggled with suicidal depression since childhood, I have done important work with many therapists, counselors, and healers. The connection between all of these conditions seems to be unprocessed negative emotions that become stuck in the mind due to their overwhelming nature, unable to be processed like our normal, everyday experiences. Think of it this way: when you go to the car mechanic, you dont go in lots of short, incremental visits. EMDR Therapy Intensives or "retreats" are designed for motivated individuals that want a lot of therapy in a short amount of time. We have found that regardless of the nature of the event and the severity of symptoms, past trauma can be healed when approached with skill and care. East Granby, CT Support the relationship between developmental trauma and health-risk behaviors as it relates to clinical treatment. At 56, I was finally myself. Bambi Rattner, Psy. I am aware of having more self-compassion, and lightness of heart as my sense of connection to others deepens. It seems impossible to describe the extent of the positive impact that Bambis intensive therapy brought to me. Adjunct Therapy Session. Assess for the clinical implications of traumatic stress symptomology, including hyperarousal, affect dysregulation, dissociation, body memories, and flashbacks. What To Expect In An EMDR Intensive Retreat, Next, well come up with a customized treatment plan that fits with your schedule. PTSD: Well known as a condition experienced by soldiers subjected to particularly traumatic wartime experiences, PTSD can develop from any number of causes. In the years following treatment my marriage rekindled, my career changed (starting with a masters degree at age 60! Bambi was an integral part to overcoming issues I was still dealing with from my past. She genuinely cared and responded with attunement and warmth to the varied emotions and experiences that arose in me. Differentiate between sympathetic (activated) freeze response and the parasympathetic (deactivated) dorsal vagal immobilization response in your clients experiences. Learn first-hand why it is such an effective treatment for both single incident PTSD and complex trauma. That was a very nice thought but I had no idea that it would completely change my life. I. nstead of making you talk through your problems, EMDR allows you to get right to the core of your issues and rapidly resolve them. We often integrate music, movement, visualization, and guided meditation into the healing process. Although EMDR is the primary vehicle for change, our approach to trauma intensives ultimately comes down to what works best for you. And then a trusted person suggested I contact someone who could help me make the changes I needed to make. She really helped improve my depression and anxiety in a short. After struggling with chronic Lyme disease for 13 years. You will be guided through our research-backed protocol where you'll get in touch with the core feelings and memories that have been disrupting your life, allowing you to successfully process challenging emotions and learn coping skills so you can move forward with more ease and trust. And sorroweven anger and a useful amount of fear. Do you continually end up in relationships that are unhealthy, but you dont know why? EMDR may be the gold standard for trauma and PTSD treatment, but that doesnt mean it cant treat other conditions. The mineral content of Joyful Journeys therapeutic artesian waters has been known to increase metabolism, accelerate healing, soothe muscles, improve blood circulation, detoxify the bodys lymphatic system as well as fight effects of fatigue, insomnia, arthritis and a depressed immune system. Bambi with her kindness, love and knowledge was the person that helped me to become my new version of. Bambi Rattner, Psy. My retreat went by so quickly, even while spending 7+ hours with Bambi every day. I had not done a therapy intensive before and was hesitant, but Bambi made me feel comfortable right from the start. An EMDR intensive retreat sidesteps this hurdle by packing every step of the therapy process into one all-day session (or multiple days, in some cases). Bambi was an integral part to overcoming issues I was still dealing with from my past. The number of days needed for an EMDR Intensive depends on the extent of the . I have been having more moments of connection with my children and have been more self-compassionate. My retreat went by so quickly, even while spending 7+ hours with Bambi every day. It doesnt erase trauma, but it reduces the emotional pain associated with it. The on-grounds greenhouse will be a primary source of your nourishment and can be visited for a quiet reprieve at any point during your stay. Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse: Physical abuse is an intense violation of our safety and autonomy. Literally. Beacon, NY Dr Bambi Rattner worked with me doing intensive EMDR after my mother had passed. Receive up to 6 hours a day of the standard EMDR protocol interweaved with other somatic modalities. We may have picked up the limiting beliefs that we are not worthy of love or care, or that we are destined to fail. Participate in hands-on practice of EMDR in a safe and supervised environment. You need to let all those emotions go to become your new self. She brought me through a week-long intensive EMDR retreat in a way that felt safe and productive. How an Intensive Works What a Successful Retreat Looks Like What is EMDR? She genuinely cared and responded with attunement and warmth to the varied. Dr Bambi Rattner worked with me doing intensive EMDR after my mother had passed. EMDR therapy training has equipped me to be a competent trauma therapist - something that, in my opinion, is an ethical imperative for anyone working in the mental health field. This workshop is intended for masters- and doctoral-level clinicians experienced in working with trauma. Locally sourced meals: You will be provided three nourishing and locally sourced meals each day, including snacks in-between. WHY CHOOSE AN EMDR INTENSIVE RETREAT? There is no homework to complete between sessions and no complicated protocols to learn. Our goal is for you to leave this intensive session equipped to process and work through past traumas. YOU DESERVE THIS, and as your facilitators we hold this truth as we walk with you every step of the way. Since my EMDR therapy retreat, I notice feeling better and better.