Hi Vikalp! I understand since my son is less than 10 exemption is possible even without COVID test. Make sure to travel with confirmed return flight tickets and show the same upon arrival at Delhi Airport. It is just a matter of overnight stay. If you or your daughter is found symptomatic in thermal screening at Delhi Airport, you will be taken to a medical facility for COVID-19 testing. You will be allowed to take onward travel without quarantine in Delhi. If you are traveling on Air India from SFO to DEL, the airline crew may check whether you have installed the app during boarding at SFO. I am filling expection under the death of family member category. Hi. Am I subjected to the PCR TESTING on arrival? There is quarantine for international arrivals, not for those traveling out of the country. We wish you get exempted from institutional quarantine. Dont worry. Will he be allowed to board flight to Kolkata if he shows confirmed tickets to Kolkata in a separate domestic flight? I will have to take a connecting flight from Delhi. Hi Anshul! How much time it takes to get the approval . You wont be quarantined in Delhi as Hyderabad is your destination. If you don't have airline lounge access but do have a Priority Pass, I'd personally recommend the ITC Greens Lounge, it's spacious and offers a decent food selection. You may need to show your return flight ticket when you arrive at Delhi airport. One of our son is less than 10 years old. 2. Our daughter is 7 years old. Simple: You can use them to book trips to destinations with limited award space, and you can maximize them by adding in long layovers (up to 24 hours) that give you a day in a new city. I will carry COVID report for exemption. It usually takes a few hours and you will mostly receive a PDF file to your registered mail ID. We are not sure if the self-declaration form is editable. A few more hotels are located at or near the airport. I hope my question is clear meaning in above situation would i. Hi Rajendra! All this process that MOCA is talking about is on paper only. The guidelines for international travelers to New Delhi are simple, given their travel origin being a non-risk country. You will be allowed to exit the airport without having to wait for the result. My wife will be travelling from CMH to EWR to BOM. GOD only knows whats going on in Indian govt. Thanks in advance. Pl update current rules if possible. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Hi , I have taken ticket for journey to India from Newwark USA by Indian Airlines Any other new amendments? You need to enter the number of the flight from the first port of origin. I need to travel to Delhi with her so that she can stay with the family and then I need to return back to Dubai in 3-4 Days. As per the rules, you are required to quarantine yourself for 7 days after arrival. Hi Subramanyam! I will reach on January 25. Only those traveling from Europe are subject to mandatory institutional quarantine in Mumbai. Subho pujo! My daughter is flying alone from Delhi, India - Munich - Montreal (Canada) - Detroit (US) all in one itenary. thank you Does Maharashtra also have similar requirements for those arriving from the USA with a negative RT-PCR test? I am travelling with my kids age less than 10 years. See our New Delhi Airport Guide for details and locations. Portland International has some over-the-top amenities, including a movie theater, while Athens boasts a world-class museum and the Singapore Changi Airport has a rooftop pool and a butterfly garden. Please do let us know if she has reached safely and got exempted. She is older and more then 74 she is living with me in ny at present . Hi Romi! Youll have to check in and go through security. . Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. I need to travel with her to Delhi so that she can stay with the Family and then I need to return back in 3-4 days. Required fields are marked *. Should I re-do this cinched PEX connection? Hi, HI Sri, do you have to have PCR negative test as well? Check here before booking an award fare. Or, they need to get tested for COVID19 and upload/submit a negative RT-PCR test result within 96 hours of their scheduled flight to India. I have my relwtive coming to india from singapore with RT pcr negative in past 72 hours.. Is it still mandatory for him to go ahead for institutional quarantine Pls advise.. Hi Monika! Hi Minakshi! All flights are priced on a one-way basis. Would I need to quarantine or retest in Delhi? You may enter your US number and then talk to the officer in-charge at Delhi Airport about the same once you land. My questions are. You may require a transit or travel visa for the third country. For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Indira Gandhi Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity. Hi Apurba! I am travelling to India from USA on Thursday. Our journey by flight from Boston London- Delhi Kolkata. so will i get the exemption Also, the assumption is I am traveling from a not at risk country. In that case he will send me the soft copy over email. Hi Shivangi! The result of the random test will be communicated to you. You can even book New York to Delhi via San Francisco and Singapore if youd like, though San Francisco cant be your stopover. We put together this guide of 9 things to do on a layover at New Delhi Airport so you can get the most out of your time: Choose from dozens of restaurants, cafes, and bars for a meal to start your layover. Hi Utkarsh! Hi Bee! I am traveling on 17th November from Chicago to Delhi then connecting to Bhubaneswar 2 hrs layover with same PNR along with my wife and 15 months infant. The big thing to keep in mind: Like most things with flying, things vary widely between airports, cities, and nations, so youll need to research your options in advance. Well for 96 hour RT PCR test should be from time of departing from omha or newark what are other formalities reuired Which is website for uploading RT pcr test for Mumbai Hi Divya! If I upload the rapid test before travelling, and I still undertake the covid test and it comes negative will they allow me to travel by train. My wife and kids are travelling to India on 21/Jan/2021. The BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security) have come out with an advisory declaring locally made Power bank as prohibited item not permissible for carriage on person, hand baggage and Check-In baggage, and air cargo consignment. Theres also a tipping point of maintaining health, says Woodward. Uploaded the result but exemption approval is still pending . Thank you for appreciating our efforts! Im travelling from TVM ( Varista) to Delhi & proceeding on same day to Newark, New Jersey by United Airlines, final destination Dallas, Texas. I am travelling from Oslo Norway to Delhi via Frankfurt, and then further to Lucknow with domestic connecting flight with in 4 hours. Hi, I am flying from the UK to New Delhi within the next 2 days, am I able to exempt myself from the 7 day institutional quarantine in New Delhi? We simply went through the security check and to the connecting flight to Chennai. Theres no institutional quarantine in Delhi for domestic travelers. Hi ,I am travelling to delhi from saudia via kuwait airlines with one stop at kuwait for 7 hours ,I and my family are fully vaccinated and will carry negative pcr repot .I have indian airlines connected flight to jammu.after 6 hours from arrival. Do I need a Transit visa in Delhi for an onward journey? Can I get exempted from Institutional and Home quarantine if I have a negative RT-PCR test performed 72 hours before undertaking the journey? 1) My flight Start time is 5pm from London Airport on 3rd April. There is no such restriction on domestic travel. Is that correct? It comes to 77 hours from time of travel. Required to collect their baggage from arrival hall and subsequently drop their baggage at the IndiGo domestic baggage drop counters at transit airports, even if travelling further on domestic IndiGo connecting flight. Or do I have to wait until the next morning? Thank you! I can get negative test report what other fomalities are required to be fulfilled. Fully-vaccinated travelers from non-risk countries should carry their vaccination proof. And It got rejected with the reason : Please apply again with authentic relevant document with attested by the Doctor and co-passenger RTPCR. If you are in transit, you can also use the Aqua Pods at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel mentioned in the Airport Hotels section. Simply pre-book your visit online or use your lounge membership program some locations even offer private day rooms and showers. Our flight from Dallas to Newark is at 1:15 pm and then from Newark to Delhi is at 9:45pm. The 72-hour clock starts ticking from the time your swab sample has been collected for the RT-PCR test. Anyway, we will check with our sources and update the article accordingly. I am really confused. I am also planning to take RT PCR test. This rule ensures everyones safety. Hi Sunny! O2 Spa offers spa treatments with a Thai-Indian element over in T3 Domestic and International Departures. If you gamble on leaving the airport and dont make it back in time to catch your flight, youre probably out of luck. Please be advised what yo do in that Case. You can fill out the self-reporting form and the exemption form within 72 hours prior to your journey from SFO. My mother-in-law is traveling from Chicago to Delhi. As per Delhi Governments mandate, all travelers from the UK are subject to mandatory institutional quarantine and thereafter, they can travel further within the country. But when airports are serviced by subways and trains, theyre the safest for layover plans. Routing rules are in short the rules that dictate how you get from your origin to your destination. Think museums, architecture, hiring a tour guide, or seeing a long-lost friend for a drink in a beautiful location that maybe only locals know. Since I have a 5 hr layover I was thinking of getting tested. Also what was the time difference between your arrival and domestic flight ? 1) Does the 72 hours prior RT PCR requirement will start from 2:24 PM (start of journey from Raleigh) or will it be from 9.30 PM which is the direct flight from Newark to Delhi? Because layovers are your choice, you can leave whenever you like, but seasoned travelers, including McGee, seldom leave airports for less than six hours. they are not accepting soft copies. Your email address will not be published. As per the revised guidelines, international arrivals with a negative RT-PCR certificate are eligible for exemption from both institutional and home quarantine. Thank you! Hi Debasish! I would not advise going around Delhi late at night unless you have your own car, specially as you seem to be a female. If not possible with just the exemption on the basis of Parent accompanying minor, would it be possible if get RT PCR test done and results are negative ? Thats unfortunate. Then youre in good company, because travel days can be draining. Pls suggest.. Hi Rasika, did you travel on 15th, can you share your experience. Passengers with RT PCR negative certificate are allowed to take domestic connections. Delhi International Airport Limited Now you can even book stopovers online, which can lead to incredible savings without spending valuable time waiting on hold for an Air Canada representative. Regards Rominder. Please let me know if that not correct. What is the process to take exemption. On a recent 10-hour New York layover, Woodward took the AirTrain from JFK, then an E-Train to 74th Street in Jackson Heights. Hi, I have booked Qatar long back for April 17 from DFW Doha Hyderabad. My mom has Indian passport and will be traveling to New delhi from US in Feb 2021. Travelling alone and the news about travellers being put to manadatory quarantine in Delhi worries me. I was told that even if we arrive late evening at our hotel / residence on a specific day, that day is also included in the 7 days quarantine. Thank you very much for responding to my questions. If it is more than 72 hours, you may be denied boarding. If they are traveling from the US and Delhi/Mumbai/Hyderabad/Bangalore is the port of entry and final destination both, the request for exemption may be approved in one of the special categories. My flight is on Feb 20th, I have applied for exemption with RT-PCR report more than 16 hrs ago, but still the status is showing as pending. As per the new guidelines, any international traveler can be exempted from institutional quarantine upon submitting a negative RT-PCR test upon arrival in India, and the test should be conducted within 96 hours of the scheduled onward travel to India and uploaded to the website of the primary destination airport. - New Customs Rules: International Arrivals now need to complete a new customs form with 19 questions (best to complete onboard their flight) - some of which pertain to gold - including on-person gold jewelry (a female passenger is allowed to wear no more than 35 grams of gold. In other words, can we retrieve the submitted form to fill in the missing details? This means you can fly Houston to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Oslo on the outbound. However, connecting from the other domestic terminals can make the journey much more arduous and complicated. My question is 1 ) Am I be treated at Delhi Airport as UK passenger ? This is quick and easy. hi there, I am travelling from Dallas, TX to Indore via Dubai, New Delhi. Where Can I find the undertaking form?? Delhi Airport is home to three terminals, aptly named Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Hi Niyama! Without Covid test report, Is it 7 days or 14 days of home quarantine after we get exemption? Do I and kids need to take a RT-PCR test on arrival? 1- Delhi option is Air India with an AI international flight directly to Hyderabad from Delhi as well. Not to worry! You wont be subject to institutional or home quarantine, if your travel does not involve a layover in the Middle East, Europe (including UK), Brazil, and South Africa. You wont have to be quarantined if your United Airlines PNR includes the domestic connection in India. Hi Joseph! If youre looking for uninterrupted sleep during your layover, there are sleep pods and a transit hotel inside the airport, and several hotels nearby connected by shuttles. I will get the RT-PCR test done for institutional quarantine exemption. My question is if I do the rapid test in New Delhi airport and is I am exempt from quarantine upon reaching my home destination to kolkata . However, your wife needs to apply for exemption on Air Suvidha citing the reason/category for exemption. Can I leave the airport and take my private car to go home without any other test or formality ?? I have to travel from USA to India for 4 days in last week of Aug21. Sometimes, applications are rejected due to technical glitches in the system. I have to travel from Dallas to Gorakhpur, but my flight to Gorakhpur will not be on the same PNR. Please confirm if RT-PCR exemption certificate is mandatory or not. I was wondering if there is any difference between RT-qPCR and RT-PCR? For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit. It only takes a minute to sign up. OR. Hi ,my exemption request has been rejected because of file ,can I rea apply again, Hi, I am travelling from Boston to Newark to New Delhi on 7th Nov for a family emergency, am accompanied by my wife and a 3 year old daughter. You can submit the self-declaration form along with the negative RT-PCR report. Save You Money For most people, layovers are unpleasant, and they'll pay more for direct flights. Thats rightthat seeming annoyance when youre booking your holiday travel and you cant get a direct flight can actually be a good thing. Urban trains tend to be the most reliable transportation, but its still usually at least a 30-minute trip to the city center, like in Madrid. We are planning to travel from SFO To Delhi in end of Nov. I am visiting my mother and brother because my father passed away this September end. Air Canada's Aeroplan program is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Bilt Rewards, Capital One miles, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy. If you are visiting India for 4-7 days, you must carry return flight tickets and a negative COVID-19 test report from USA. Itineraries within a single region must stay within that region. You are required to give intimation about your short stay and return travel to the district or state health officers deployed at Delhi Airport. Hi Archana! P.S you are doing a great work here, Govt. Thank you. You can also check our portal IndianEagle.com. If you are unvaccinated or partially-vaccinated, you will have to take an RT-PCR test on arrival and undergo home quarantine for 7 days. On 14th April, I am traveling with my wife and 3 years old son from San Francisco to New Delhi via a direct United airlines flight. Seems like we dont require a Negative PCR report c, correct? I have a flight from SFO to Mumbai via NY(EWR), in the Air Suvidha application i am supposed to fill out the flight number and seat number. Hi Samuel! On arrival at BLR Airport, you can take a road trip to your final destination and quarantine yourself there. Hi Mandeep! But there is no Undertaking form on the portal. I am seeking exemption from the Institutional Quarantine with a negative report, will my request succeed? According to the New SOP with effect from 22nd Fen 2021, I am supposed to do a self paid COVID 19 test on arrival, even though I may be tested negative on RTPCR within 3 days of departure from Europe. Hope you get exempted from on-arrival COVID testing given the emergency in family. 72 hours prior to your departure from Chicago, you need to fill out a self-reporting form, apply for exemption and submit a declaration on Air Suvidha (a section of Delhi IGI Airport website). Hi , I am travelling from Frankfurt to Hyd via delhi by Air India. 14 days home quarantine. I am not allowed to fly by AIr India from Feb 11th2022 till April 10th2022? The Ministry of Health considers RT-PCR tests valid for international arrivals. Apart from my PCR test, should i take the PCR test of the child as well or it is not required for the Minor? The govt website says 8th day of arrival but that is a bit ambiguous. Is this true ? Given the volatile situation, the regulations may be revised any time. Thanks for your prompt response. If I tell them Im travelling by train, are they going to quarantine me? You will most likely be required to purchase a new ticket. I have been checking last few days AirIndia flight status arrival time on Delhi airport from SFO. I am traveling from US to Mumbai on 23rd December Those who were subject to institutional quarantine before February 22, 2021 had to submit their passports and collect the same back after the quarantine was over. Hello, Is the quarantine rule of Delhi is applicable to me or I will be allowed to go to Cochin irrespective of exemption since mandatory quarantine is not there in Kerala. You will have to wait for the result of the test at Delhi Airport. If your US-India itinerary does not have transit in a country at risk and if you are fully vaccinated, you are not subject to post-arrival testing unless you are selected for random testing. Institutional quarantine norms have been relaxed. Hello, you guys are doing a great job answering critical questions for travelers. Hi Vineet! HI Mangesh! If not, you can take a COVID test after arrival at Delhi IGI Airport. I have my father expired a month back. Hi Varsha! Once off your inbound flight, follow the signs toward the transit area. If this happens, you can try politely ending the call and calling back for another representative. Using the information presented here, you can create complex itineraries that let you stretch your Aeroplan points to see more of the world. Is this understanding correct? Type of COVID-19 test. Check out our remarkable services & facilities Flight Status Immigration and Customs Place to Relax Cab Services Dining Interactive Retail Maps FAQ Or, you will transit in a third country while traveling to Delhi from the US? Could we check if we have to be in quarantine in Delhi on our arrival from Kerala for those 3 days? Is The White Lotus breaking up with Four Seasons ahead of Season 3? I am travelling from Germany to India on 10th December, 2020. Also, if I will be allowed back to board the domestic flight after 2 days on 14th March? Can my wife get exemption as my daughter is under 9 ? If I fill exception form before 96 hours how can I upload test report or proof ? That is a generic response. Hello, If Delhi is the final port of arrival and if they take private transport to reach the destination in Delhi, they do not need an RT-PCR test. I spoke to Delhi airport 24 x7 helpline and they confirmed that if the exemption is given to a PNR which has a domestic journey then no PCR negative certificate is required. Hi HKG! Can I go out during 12 hr? My Delhi to Kolkata flight PNR is different. I need to go to Delhi because my mother is critically ill, and I dont want to risk her getting an infection so I dont mind quarantining somewhere else, but there doesnt seem to be any information about that anywhere! With that in mind, you can book something like this for 150,000 points and just under $180 in taxes and fees. 2. Or since it is same journey, and technically Delhi is just transit, the Us report would work even though it by the time I arrive in Hyderabad May be over 72 hr old You will undergo either institutional quarantine or home quarantine in Nagpur. Hi Lijo! Is this acceptable? Hi Raj! Hi Subramanyam! I got the scanned copy of result from the lab mentioned their address , lab number ,phone number and which stamp was expected? Most probably, they will be allowed to travel. All international flights depart from Terminal 3 (T3) of the airport, so you don't have to worry about leaving the airport area. OR In USA it take 3-4 days to get the result, do you have any information on time window extension to 96 hrs. If you are found symptomatic in thermal screening, you will have to take an RT-PCR test at Delhi Airport. I am asking because I need to schedule my next flight. My daughter is 8 and boy is 13 years old. I am travelling from SFO to Mumbai and am taking the COVID Test on the 25th that has a 24 hr turnaround guaranteed. I am travelling from USA to Bangalore via Delhi . We will do the RTPCR at Delhi. Since travelers from high-risk countries must arrive with a negative RT-PCR test report, they may not be subject to post-arrival random testing at New Delhi International Airport. Hi David! Hi Prathap! You will be allowed to proceed for the connecting flight after giving the sample. hi Indianeagle, I have few questions. I understand, we have to take COVID test 72hrs before the journey, So I have booked test on 31st March at 5:30pm. But i will be allowed to go out of airport during the layover of 7 hrs. Hi Your last item in FAQ says US citizens cannot travel on Air India. You must mention Chennai as your final destination; otherwise, you will be subject to institutional or home quarantine in Delhi. I heard that there is mandatory quarantine for passengers arriving in Maharashtra. You are an international traveler, not a domestic traveler. If you dont leave the immigration area during transit at Amsterdam Airport, you wont be considered as an arrival from a country at risk. 1. You can read our full review of the Aeroplan card here to learn more about its benefits. Hi Sunil! Today, its less of a technological challenge than one of simple human endurance.. I am confused on what are the rules for US citizen with OCI card to travel to India regarding quarantine? Therefore, traveling to Nagpur from USA, irrespective of a negative RT-PCR test result, there is a quarantine requirement (either at home or institutional). Yes you will be able to travel to Jaipur. Reason being Im planning to undertake covid test at new delhi airport after reaching Delhi. Hi Shina! On successful submission, You will receive a PDF to the registered email ID and you need to print out the PDF. Can you help. You will have to fill out a self-declaration form on Air Suvidha portal and also upload your negative RT-PCR report not older than 72 hours before your departure onto the same portal. The airline could give you a break, but they are not required to do so. Hi Varun! The final destination is also Delhi. WillI be exempted at Delhi if I would be carrying a negative RT PCR test done within 96 hours of departure? Many lounges here offer access to any traveller, no matter your airline or flight class which means you can fly Economy Class and pay to enter. 2. Hi Kathan! Since I am just transiting, would there be Covid report check in Delhi? Hello Sir! We have little knowledge about institutional quarantine facilities in Delhi. For more accurate information, you can call Delhi airports helpline number. How can it be possible to do both of these things? I have to travel from Newark to Delhi and then go to Ludhiana by road. Whatre Lufthansas New Routes to India? Free WiFi is available and the airport has a number of power outlets and mobile charging machines scattered throughout. Can my children get exemption from RT PCR Test? This means you can fly from New York to Delhi via Sydney if youd like. I really appreciate this website and forum with so much helpful information. Since train is a public transport, we doubt you wont be allowed to continue domestic journey without a negative RT-PCR certificate. Please be advised to call the helpline of Delhi International Airport. Both you and your kid will be required to submit your swab samples for a molecular test upon arrival at Delhi Airport and wait till the result arrives. I have applied for exception under Parents Travelling with below 10 years old child and got approval. Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated. The difference in price could be considerable. In the exemption form, I had attached my negative COVID report from National Health Services (NHS) UK. Hi Team, I know I can be of great help to the family. There are also airline transfer desks in case you need a print of your boarding pass. Also how much time does all this procedure take, with and without being made to wait for test result? You need to get an RT-PCR test not older than 72 hours before your departure from Dallas. residence. a. While Pluck is open from 6.30 am to 11.30 pm, Kheer, unfortunately, opens only in the evening from 7 pm to 11.30 pm. I have a overnight layover in Delhi then proceed to Goa. Also on tap was a visit to an Indian grocery shop for special chili flakes for her friend shed soon see in Europe. In that case, will we have any issues in boarding the connecting flight to Bengaluru? if they are from the UK, then no exemption. I am flying to India on 29th January from France. Travelling parents/guardians should note that it may not always be possible for parents to have access to the child/children during their period of isolation. It is mandatory at Delhi Airport. ,I am travelling from Netherlands to Delhi on 27th December and then to Jaipur with domestic flight. Hi Sharad! Hi Phani! However, you should confirm this with the check-in desk or call the airline beforehand. If that is problematic, I can cancel and book another appt; will probably lose the booking fees, but thats ok. Hi Kumar! Hi Vinay! This is making me feel that I cannot go to India, as the risk of this is too awful. Will there be any help from airport to make our process quickly and catch connection flight on time. Our connecting flight to Indore is in 4 hours upon our arrival in New Delhi. They just spent a few hours at Heathrow and did not leave the aiport. Venkataraman V S . I take that back. Have a meal break in between you want. However, it's probably safe to put aside at least 1.5 hours for most flights. Please let me know. As due to Japanese I had to translate and send and I attached original Flying from USA to Chennai via dubai-Emirates. Do you think I have enough time or book a later flight. Using the hub-and-spoke system allows airlines to create a budget-friendly means of ferrying customers between major destinations, where they will transfer to connecting flights for their end destinations.