Click below for a FREE LESSON! You do not have access to www.brownells.com. Features like Cold Hammer Forged (CHF) barrels, an ambidextrous safety selector to accommodate right- or left-handed shooters, an ambidextrous Grip-N-Rip charging handle, flared magwells for easy insertion of magazines, and buttstocks with non-slip cheek welds and quick-detachment points. Thankfully, Daniel Defense was kind enough to send a couple of their 32-round magazines out for testing as well. Any rifle with a V7 in its name will feature a rail with an M-LOK attachment system. If you want a quality, reliable rifle that you can depend your life on, give the DDM4 V7 a try. DD5 V5: This rifle (along with the HUNTER version) features a 20-inch barrel, the longest in the DD5 series. The difference between a rifle and short-barreled rifle is that an SBR has a shorter barrel or a shorter overall rifle length. Specifications and pricing subject to change. The cold hammer forged (CHF) barrels come in five barrel profilesM4, Government, Lightweight, Strength-to-Weight, and Stainless Steel. While the approach tries to find an ergonomic angle that reduces wrist strain, the opposite is true. A 15-inch MFR Rail with seven surfaces for accessories features an M-LOK attachment system. Daniel Defense delivers a reliable, accurate AR-15 in the DDM4 V7 with enough extras to keep 5.56 fans interested. DD5 V4 HUNTER: This rifle is available in .260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor, or .308 Winchester. While I have a deep enough professional background to appreciate all black rifles, there is a special place in my heart for rifles that are specifically designed for the man in the arena, to paraphrase former President Teddy Roosevelt. Bob Meinert, FN Marketing Director, introduces FN's first commercial pistol suppressor, the FN Rush 9Ti. Its also equipped with the same Rail Interface System handguard chosen by USSOCOM for CQB operations worldwide and is available in two finish colors: Black or Flat Dark Earth. Give a Gift The selector has anice, tactile click. Privacy Policy. The Daniel Defense V7 LW is the first rifle in the DDM4 lineup to feature the M-LOK attachment technology with the Daniel Defense MFR 15.0 rail. And now for the differences. The grip has a slightly more vertical angle and was comfortable to use. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. By having a stabilizing brace instead of a stock, a Daniel Defense pistol is not considered a short-barreled rifle and does not fall under NFA restrictions. The Price for a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 has increased in cost by $118.75 in 2023 compared to 2022. Authorized dealer of Daniel Defense rifles for sale including the Daniel Defense m4 Carbine and Ambush rifle. For the first time in its lineup, Daniel Defense combined a number of innovative products into one gun in the form of the DDM4 V7 Rattle Can 5.56. But that wouldn't be fair to G&A readers who want a serious work rifle. Hell, it's what I worked my ass off for the past 20 years. Ben Voss FN Product Manager talks about the new FN SCAR 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber pistol at SHOT Show 2023. DDM4 barrel lengths range from seven inches (on the DDM4 PDW) to 18 inches. 8/8/20, Review by This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. Fit and finish are 2nd to none, and Daniel Defense quality is like no other. The mid-length gas system has a smoother recoil impulse, which keeps the shooter on target at a faster pace than previous models. Unlike DDM4 rifles, DD5 rifles feature an adjustable gas blockeasily reached through the railwhich allows for consistently reliable suppressed shooting by reducing blow-back and making the gun eject just as smoothly and reliably as when un-suppressed. I shot both guns from prone over a pack with an optic that made sense for the intended purpose of the carbines: the Trijicon TR-24G optic in a LaRue mount. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Daniel Defense makes quali Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Daniel Defense DDM4V7 S, URG, 5.56, 1/7, GOV, LPG, MFR XS Rail 10.0, DDFS Complete Upper Receiver w/ Flash Hider, Black, 11.5in, 23-128-00275-047, This item may be regulated for export by the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Department of Commerce. I enjoyed the ambidextrous fire selector, which comes stock. I clean it the best I could but still looks bad. Theyre not foldable, but they dont get in the way even with an optic mounted. All Rights Reserved. Thanks for the review. Granted, 55-grain Wolf is not exactly match-grade accuracy ammunition, but I was happy to have it in the current shortage we are experiencing. Everything in the world of tactics is a compromise, and building rifles is no different. The only nit I have to pick is that with such a premium rifle you should get a better trigger. . As I mentioned before, the barrels are cold-hammer forged, chrome plated and 4150 CV ordnance steel. For more information, please see our Scan this QR code to download the app now. Minor gripes aside, the trigger did what was expected of it, with a bang each time. Daniel Defense provides its own proprietary flash suppressor on the end of the muzzle, and there is a 15-inch MFR handguard with M-LOK all around that covers the whole affair. gear. The only downside I would say is even at that price I still made upgrades like trigger and heavier buffer But if im betting my life on a rifle I'm willing to put extra into it. Made in USA. In slow fire, it is almost imperceptible; however, during faster strings of fire it becomes evident. I wrote them on the subject and received no reply. Because I'm of the curious type, I ran a little experiment. With the V11, I noticed that groups would open up just a bit with the fourth and fifth shots of a five-shot string. As the moniker suggests, these rifles are modeled after the iconic M4 carbine used by U.S. military forces. In a free-floated AR platform, I would expect intrinsic accuracy to be roughly identical, especially if both barrels were made with equal attention to quality. featuring Daniel Defense Law Enforcement Sales Manager Joe Marler. Call (866) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. While similar at first glance, these rifles are actually substantially different. This creates a more dramatic funnel inwards towards the chamber. It can, however, feature a stabilizing brace. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. DDM4 rifles share many of the same features, which make them Daniel Defense products. Upon receiving the product everything looked great, however, upon further inspection, the BCG had some form of erosion occurring looked like pitting and rust. There's another myth floating around in regard to lightweight guns (and lightweight barrels in particular). The color is striking and is complemented with black furniture for a visually appealing and suitably low-profile package. If you're not satisfied with your current rifle's performance, upgrade it with all the components included with this Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 S 11.5in 5.56 Complete Upper Receiver w/ Flash Hider. This is an important distinction because possessing or purchasing a short-barreled rifle is restricted by the National Firearms Act. Description The Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 Semi-Auto Rifle comes outfitted with a CNC-machined, 6061-T6 aluminum, Type-III hard coat anodized, free-floating handguard, featuring M-LOK attachment slots. Equipped with a red dot, the scope functions as an RDS with true 1x magnification and has a first focal plane reticle (MOA) that increases in size as the magnification increasessomething these aging eyes greatly appreciate. Both trigger groups are at the top-end of the familiar service variety, insofar as they are relatively smooth and break fairly cleanly and consistently with slight overtravel. Daniel Defense makes the right fighting gun for us regardless of our mission. Its an incredibly solid, high-performing AR-15. 4) The joke is that because DD has built itself as a quality brand, it's the most common "high end" rifle in stores, hence when novices, boomers, and potential school shooters don't know much about AR's and ask for "the best" AR, they're handed a DDM4V7. Nowadays, making a lightweight rifle is not difficult. The new RIA 5.0 Sporting Pistol from Rock Island Armory features a patented RVS Recoil system that maximizes barrel mass and linear movement to give shooters super soft recoil. Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 Rattlecan Rifle 5.56 NATO 16 in No Mag CO Compliant | 02-128-02267-067 5.56 NATO (223 Rem), Semi . I picked up my V7 SLW a year ago now and have put 2000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Threaded barrel, M-LOK, and a rail up top its got plenty to offer. Everything fed reliably, and I had no failures whatsoever. Daniel Defense rifles are lighter, stronger, and better than other tactical rifles for sale on the market today. The Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 S 11.5in 5.56 Complete Upper Receiver will fit any Milspec AR15 pattern lower receiver. I finally purchased a Daniel Defense after waiting 11 years. Just something to keep in mind Daniel Defense great rifle just need to put sights on them without the extra prices. This is what they mean: DDM4 V1: This 5.56mm rifle is Daniel Defenses original flagship rifle, introduced in 2009. My new favorite AR to shoot. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. Things get obnoxious if youre trying to take accurate shots for groups and such, though. If you only plan to purchase one AR-15, you cant go wrong with the DDM4 V7 from Daniel Defense. The new rifle is built on an aluminum billet chassis with carbon-fiber forend and cheek riser featuring V-block bedding. I recently spent time with the latest from Daniel Defense, the DDM4 V11 SLW and DDM4 V7. Check out this video featuring Daniel Defense Law Enforcement Sales Manager Joe Marler. Having an outstanding rifle, I was not about to mount a subpar optic to test it out. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). But essentiallyits good stuff. Initially delving into the world of guns in his teens through a passion for history, John has been hobby and desert shooting with friends for years. The gun has quickly become my favorite at the range. Will it succumb to hard use? While the furniture of the rifle can vary slightly with each rifle, the main differentiator of the rifles in the DDM4 rifle line comes down to whats in front of the upper receiver. Nope, this is not another one of the low-end. Personally, I like the angle on the pistol grip, but that is for each shooter to decide. If your Daniel Defense product shows evidence of such defects, Daniel Defense will make every accommodation to fix, repair, or replace your product in the most expeditious manner possible. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. What type of handguard does it feature? As for disposable income, you're talking like that's a bad thing? The right side lever was as long as the left side and it dug into my right hand while in the fire position. All Rights Reserved. We only have 1,000 rounds or so through this rifle, but the fact that our older DD is still kicking after a decade is a testament to this brands longevity. The permanent suppressor extends the barrel length to 16 inches, so only one ATF tax stamp (for the suppressor) is required to purchase this rifle instead of two. Your needs should drive your gear.