Hes a colonel of Marines, and that was box or a niche that I fit nicely into being a corporal of Marines. That allowed for growth in me, and API, American Pistol Institute (now Gunsite), was at a stage in its life where it was growing. Hace an DOD ID card. Who wants to feed that damn burro and clean up after it? I know it, I know how it works, I know how to take care of it, Im confident in it and my ability to hit with it. But for the rest of us, maybe a rifle and a full kit of parts? Time to assess your role as a citizen. To begin with, this Thunder Ranch is a full-size 1911 with a 5-inch barrel, made entirely of steel, and weighing in at a solid 41.3 ounces. (Think $10k and up.) If its the apocalypse we concerned with, in the event of an actual apocalypse you will be forced to scavenge and scrounge parts to replace pieces that are worn out on your rifle. The CZ SP-01 Shadow wins most of the IPSC competitions for good reason. This is not the first time Mr. Smith or his proxies have created a gun. (Oh, wait), Hehe. Honestly I would go with an AR in 7.6239. Thats a pricey revolver for the average folks. Cold Shower Face And Body Wipes | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Review: Taurus G3 Tactical | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Video Review: Browning Citori Hunter Grade II Over/Under Shotgun | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage 93 Minimalist Rifle | NRA Family, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Make Mine Metal: The Alloy-Frame KelTec P15 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Preview: Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Competitor | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. Oh and theyve been running 5.45 since the AK 74 which was started in 1974. ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. I think it is a great way to learn every part of your rifle, and if something breaks you know how to fix it. Precision has been in business since 1999. Mike Pannone of CTT Carries a CZ. And that translates to any other AR you may come across from battle field pickup, to a friends rifle. I dont care how much money you have in your AK or SCAR or Bren 805 or FAL or G3 or M1A, or whatever, your main rifle SHOULD BE an AR15 in 5.56 NATO(NOT .223 Rem, NOT .223 Wylde because a milspec NATO chamber feeds the widest range of ammo). And, Im positive, the vast majority of ARs do. The .38 Smith & Wesson Special, designed in 1898, rocked the handgun realm with its ballistic performance making it a cartridge for the history books. He is one of the most interesting men Ive ever met. Throw a couple spare part kits in the BOB, and your golden. In the video below, gravel-voiced Thunder Ranch gun guru Clint Smith (not shown above) pontificates on a number of gunfighting topics at a recent rifle course. After reminding his acolytes that they need to be able to pick up and run firearms discarded on the battlefield, Mr. Smith goes there. The caliber war, I mean. Its a heavy beast, but i cant afford to miss as my protection detail has me in crowds and around children. Clint taps into Beavertail grip safety BTW: 7.62 x 51/308 is what NATO will be carrying, and the Chineese and Ruskies will have 7.6239 so diversify its not all about 223. Im a buy, dont build gun guy. So i carry a CZ, if its good enough for a Delta Team member missing his right eye, i can submit myself to learn from him.. First, no one really builds an AR Even the AR Manufactures assemble the parts from a few background foundries that cast / mill the parts to Mill spec. Expensive yes, but far cheaper than any of the custom revolvers out there. WebClint Smith Signature. Patrick Sweeney reviews the Nighthawk Custom Combat Special designed by Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch. +1 on building an AR. Buy 2 or 3 of the same rifle, same caliber and practice, practice, practice! He allowed me to grow, and he allowed me to grow inside something that was also growing. Yellow Devil, if you think that was somehow salty, do stick around, I brook no blatant stupidity or ignorance, and Im happy to argue a point with anyone especially Ian, he should know better. When I was there we started doing double classes, which was really good for growth from an organizational standpoint: How does this range work? They need to be managed. ), "Beware the man who only has one gun. https://youtu.be/H0qe45Z8wfk. Riots over the results will prevail, resulting in chaos in government. His work appears very, very nice. Buy a top shelf AR and a decent boltgun in a larger caliber. In the video below, gravel-voiced Thunder Ranch gun guru Clint Smith (not shown above) pontificates on a number of gunfighting topics at a recent rifle course. From there it can be mounted with an SB Tactical SBA3 brace, Midwest Industries folding buffer tube, or a Gear Head Works Tailhook brace with a MI folding strut. Again, Im going by what I see. Waiting for the video to load doesnt count towards your time. I generally dont include improved full-power rounds like 7.62 NATO when wading into battle over normal intermediate rounds. A tactical tiger with a load bearing rig can handily carry all your extra ammo, spare minigun barrels, and beer. No matter how many mags, they should all be loaded though. Take the best that exists and make it better. You should definitely build your own rifle if for no other reason than to learn how to replace parts. Lanyard loop So we basically stayed in a village and worked with the Vietnamese soldiers. But they are very different in design philosophy, even tho both work towards the same goal. Thanks you enjoyed this post, hit that like button, share it a friend, and subscribe. If TEOTWAWKI occurs, it will be because if something worse than a mere collapse of a government. Therell be a f*ckload of .223 laying around.. (Assuming you dont stay in your domicile, and wait til everything runs out. Then look at how many parts kits you see for the AR. Even in most collapsed societies there is more farming and trade and commerce than deadly violence, although there is of course an unacceptable level of violence when order is degraded. I carry a revolver. Yet there is still trade, commerce, farming and rudimentary industry. Mainstream preppers have action movies, video games, and zombies in mind. The Thunder Ranch AK pistol also comes standard with RD LBE Unlimited G3 AK Trigger. My familys business, or trade so to speak, was law enforcementmy dad, my brother, my uncle. If its in the house, its in the family. lives depend on me not missing. ACP-arms response was not quite on the mark. did not say it was not good defense firearm. When I started as a police officer, I had to go to revolvers. Mr. Smith also have Les Baer make a line of 1911 with his Thunder Ranch name on them. My wife doesnt walk, so Im not heading to the hills anyway, just going to hunker down here until the drugs or the food runs outor both. Q:You teach a lot of different kinds of courses here at Thunder Ranch, what is your favorite one to teach?A:Urban Rifle. Because when the SHTF, those helpful youtube videos may not be available. I took Vietnamese, a southern dialect, and I went to Vietnam. This is the sort of buzz phrase no one bothers to think through because theyre too biased for their favorite whatever. Smith & Wesson Model 317 Kit Gun 22LR J-Frame I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead. Rifle Dynamics & Thunder Ranch Team Up For The Thunder Ranch RD700 Pistol. My home built rifles, including one from an 80% lower, run just as well as the M&P 15s I own. Sowhat is my sincere, heartfelt recommendation? ? Fuck youuu!. Finally, someone who times their screws and doesnt resort to such hackneyed nonsense as allen-head grip screws. Which is why my current vehicle is a mundane, grey, 18-year-old Expedition XLT. Great Source. So we added the lightning bolt. I need to love my wife, take care of my dogs, defend my country, take care of my health and I have no foreseeable goal to retire. The .45 ACP is a low-pressure cartridge, compared to just about any modern pistol cartridge. Whats the problem with that? To stay up to date with the website, hit that subscribe button. Anything other than an AR15 and you are dependent on a stationary weapons cache at least for parts. I want to teach a class a week after Im dead. most of us are better off with standard rifles from a reputable manufacturer, you need to keep some loaded clips for your firearm around cause in an urgency you dont want to have to load. My mantra to my students isWalmart calibers because when things get really really bad, standard calibers were developed, tested, marketed and issued for a reason. Theres a reason for that), This may have something to do with the whole Gun Jesus thing: And that is NOT a detriment to them. I chose .308/7.62X51 for this reason. So, you wonder, what does Mr. Smith carry for personal protection? One of the advantages of the modern war on terror is theres been a remarkable improvement in projectilesDPX, POWR Ball, the Honey Badger. You may be able to save yourself and your family. Yeah, well thats just like, your opinion, man. James Yeager recommends keeping a spare fully assembled bolt in the battery compartment of your grip just in case you break an extractor or shear a locking lug because the AR15 bolt will do both. That said I have at least 200 rounds for any other weapon/caliber.. As Colonel Cooper said By the time you go through 200 rounds, it will have already been determined whether you get to keep your weapon. During the summer I had the opportunity to visit Clint and Heidi Smith at their Thunder Ranch training facility in Oregon for the unveiling of the Nighthawk Just my $.02. ", "Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. 2002-2023 Buckeye Firearms Association, PO Box 87, Blue Creek, OH 45616. Neither the chinese nor russians use 7.6239.. You are right i guess the AK 15 the possible replacement for the AK 103 (7.6239) for the Russians and the Type 56, 81 for the Chinese dont exist. I understand the multiple copies of the same gun idea, and have family who have done just that. My gently used, $400.00 G17 will kill an asshole just as dead as a $10,000 whatever. I still have a soft spot for the M-1 Garand and M-14 though. I only own firearms I use on a daily basis (CC handgun and full size tactical handgun are all I need) and feel much like Sgt Maj Plumley in We Were Soldiers Once. However, keeping a spare parts kit or two around to keep all three running would be better. I built my M4orgery. I think you underestimate just how much truly cheap surplus x39 is still hanging around in garages and closets. Hand-cut 30lpi checkering front and rear Does that 33 minutes include the haggling over the price? Besides that, in my experience the home builds have been more reliable than a factory built Sig. ), I think 100s of mags is overkill, but Im just a dumbass civilian that works a bluecolar job. The gravelly voiced trainer is famous for his take-no-prisoners take on armed self-defense. Easily. Back in 2020, Rifle Dynamics and Thunder Ranch brought us the Thunder Ranch AK, built under the design specifications of Clint Smith. .40SW is just hype. The entire industry SHOULD revisit the triangle bolt design from the Leader Dynamics MK2 and engineer a retrofit for the AR15. Yes, that includes .308, .30-30, 7.6239, and .22 (regardless of any shortage)and probably a dozen others. Also as a purely practical matter, the most probable reason to actually have to use a firearm will be in your home, not out on any long-range battlefield (where, BTW, your 300 yard shot is very rare), where the shotgun is actually a better weapon, as far as the need to stop a threat is concerned. Note I say nothing about which breaks less. I thought of it being an 80% build. I can build my AR to my needs, and it is just as or more reliable then most manufacturers rifles. The Rifle Dynamics Limited Edition Thunder Ranch RD700 pistol retails for $3,250. . Sounds like a smart man to me, I have Standard length magazine release Ive built three, including one from an 80% upper, and guess what? No do overs, indeed. Still, every place has its drawbacks. He was also a vegetarian and hated tobacco, so all you vegetarians & anti-smokers are nazis, mmmmmk? Because Im more of a form follows function guy, that colors what I buy. Clint Smith, President and Director of Thunder Ranch, is a Marine Corps veteran of two infantry and Combined Action Platoon tours in Vietnam. Thats a bit much. Its a lot cheaper than having someone else do it. Its Legos for adults. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I know all. lucky genetics. Clint Smith , President and Director of Thunder Ranch , is a Marine Corps veteran of two infantry and Combined Action Platoon tours in Vietnam.His experience includes seven years as a police officer during which he served as head of the Firearms Training Division as well as being a S.W.A.T. +1 Thinking one is going to live through thousands of rounds of gun fighting (unless one is on the big side of an extremely asymetrical match) is indeed arrogance and idiocy. WebM4E1 TR EDITION. I have a good plan to get out of the suburbs into the country well before its too late and multiple friends with extra temporary living space and extra long arms, and if the time comes that I need a rifle well before then, there will be plenty of common (AR or AK) rifles in common calibers around to acquire/steal/take/etc. I am seeking to appeal to all demographics so from the novice, to experienced, along with LE and military communities. Suarez has the RMR topic dialed in. That said, Im going to be a fricken goldmine when they kill me. Polished blue finish Depends on the range. Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: J.S. member and precision rifleman. Very entertaining to see that the same Im an operator advice is still making these YouTube goobers money. If you are as poor a pistol competitor as i am, youll quickly find out what training and equipment can fix that problem. Call it direct inpingement or not, the bolt inside carrier does work as a piston. I was an M79 grenadier, so I used a 40 mm grenade launcher and was issued an M1911 pistol. This limited edition AK pistol is built to Smiths design specifications and bears the Thunder Ranch logo with a Tigerstripe finish. Q:And, just to set the Internet on fire, again9 mm vs. .45, any thoughts?A:Doesnt matter if you dont hit em. Big Bill About more parts for ARs than for AKs being available at gun shows, the MAIN reason for that would not be your point. Throughout this time Clints first-person observations of tens-of-thousands of students has given him a front row seat to see what works and what doesnt in both theory and actual application. What an excellent thing to get in a chest pounding match over, bravo! Ironically enough given the popularity of a certain Austrian handgun Mr. Burtons company is dedicated to perfection. And if Mr. Smith is saying .223 is the one cartridge to rule them all rifle-wise, whats with that ammo arranged in front of him? Ive never had a problem with my builds except the staked Anderson BCG gas key loosening on my 300 blk. Three of each gun? So, an old curmudgeonly gun guy with an abrasive attitude and no shortages of opinions. A long time. Jews dont conspire with eagles in nest building. measure of recoil. Be Humble. My mom and I went to Sears and Roebuck and we bought a Savage single-barrel .410 shotgun, which I still have. His experience includes seven Smith & Wesson also offered the .44 Special in a 5-shot Model 696 L-frame along with a Model 296 lightweight five-shooter. Everybodys got something to worry about. Rear sight modified for one-handed operations Its readily available, even during the post SH craze 7.6239 was always on the shelf where as .223/556 was never there. Just layin around? And even then, pull enough ops and you still risk gettin killed. High end firearms are like project cars. The 1911 is still viable as a self defense tool. Q:To the best of your memory, what was your first experience with firearms?A:I actually had my first firearm when I was 12 years old. I have several rifles that shoot the 7.6239, and dont want to have to stock another caliber. People have been farming, trading, running shops, and manufacturing for thousands of years for profit. white grips, custom checkering, $10k tag. I had to trade two older S&W .357s and Glock 19 gen 4 to get my Performance Center 627. First, I agree on the viability of the .223 round. Dont we already have chaos? Its just like, as you know, I dont have a stopwatch on my range. It still shoots sweet! During the summer I had the opportunity to visit Clint and Heidi Smith at their Thunder Ranch training facility in Oregon for the unveiling of the Nighthawk Custom/Thunder Ranch Combat Special pistol. Building an AR-15 is not hard. With thousands of rounds through them. If i had not built at least one AR i woud have no idea how to fix the ones I have. That Glock employee that writes ads for them called magazine articles? We protected them, we kept them from being kidnapped or intimidated by the North Vietnamese or Viet Cong, and we watched over them while they brought in their crops. These guns are an investment in quality as well as the linage of pistol craft witheach example accompanied by a numbered build sheet signed by Clint Smith and Jason Burton and bearing both the Thunder Ranch and Heirloom Precision logos. Read more. My second would be Jeff Cooper, Mr. Cooper. Just like my AK does. Ive got enough spare parts that I will build another very soon. As to the video guy, I have to disagree on dont build your AR, buy one! Yes! Shotguns have a very high velocity of recoil. We have a shotgun drill called Rolling Thunder, but Rolling Thunder is too wordy. Kimber myself. He did the 80% and I did the hammering of the tiny parts. Rear sight modified for one-handed operations A Jason Burton custom 1911 built on a co-branded Colt Series 70 pistol. That way, you know your rifle, its parts, how its built and functions. Hundreds of mags each? Nobody that ever got into a firefight ever said, OH GOD WISH I DIDNT HAVE ALL THIS AMMO. It doesnt happen. ", "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language. ", "The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win. So having the tools and experience to actually change out parts on your rifle is not a bad skill. They brought out Goat Face with freshly ground horse radish. Not that they couldnt, just that they will probably never need to. So the difference between how much .223 and how much 7.6239 is completely and utterly irrelevant. Parting one out to keep the other two running isnt the worst idea in the world. Hell, its even got the rings on it. I believe he has good advice but it is still advice. But my first reaction was, No light, no light rail, and no RMR. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ", Complete Legal Protection for Armed Self Defense - Read This. I really dont get a ten grand handgun of any stripe, barring the extraordinarily rare or the extremely enhanced/decorated, in which case youre paying for the engravers painstaking time and skill. Hurricanes, wildfires, blizzards, ice storms, pollution, tornadoes, volcanoes, flash floods, nuclear power plants, earthquakes, whatever. The receiver of Thunder Ranch AK pistol can be fitted with Picatinny rail rear trunnion. As it is, buying a high end firearm that just goes up in value, makes a lot more sense than many people that buy a new automobile or truck that loses most of its value within 5 to 7 years. Q:Any story behind the name?A:Thunder Ranch? ( oh, what GUN does Clint Smith carry every day. From his Oregon Eagles Nest (Im Jewish, dont judge), Whats the issue with Jews and eagle nests? so i suck it up and carry heavy. That said, I prefer 7.62 NATO over 5.56, simply because I shoot better with it. That makes you a moron and certainly soon to be dead shortly after the SHTF. .233/5.56 are completely viable rounds. Clints advice is sound, and I believe well intentioned. If you want it, youre going to have to take out the owner first. Usually the face mask, after removing the hairs of course, and tongue rolled together into a packet and cooked in broth. The stainless barrel bushing on a blued barrel/slide/frame Im not so sure about the visual appearance of that Im going to go off and think about that. A recoil-operated semi-automatic pistol, chambered in either .45 ACP or 9 mm Luger, the Combat Special is a blending of Smiths old-school grit with the old-world Savage Arms Impulse Elite Precision Rifle: Smith Gunnery Sergeant Hartman for civilians goes on to list an AR-15s owners two greatest enemies . you really don't start to see a difference until you get up to .44 mag and 10mm. In which case markets, farming, commerce and industry will still exist, albeit perhaps degraded. My desire and passion to constantly strive for perfection drives my work and vision for my craft. Ian has always been very specific what the AR-15 system is, and pointed out that true DI systems would be the Swedish AG-42 Ljungman/Hakim or French MAS-49. WebFactory New In Box Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special 45 acp . The man is a straight up legend in the shooting community. ", "An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity. It doesnt group well, its very vulnerable to wind drift, it doesnt tumble inside soft tissue and basically just icepicks .22 caliber holes. . And if you can afford Mr. Burtons Thunder Ranch 1911, youre going to have to wait. But a whole second rifle? Therell be bucket loads of that laying around too. Eagle meat, in German Teller Fleisch, is the phrase in restaurants for special of the day. I recall ordering it in a lovely old-style Bavarian restaurant about 23 years ago, one located on Sankta Anna Strasse in Mnchen. A hurricane is a your EDC pistol will do just fine scenario, not a Im going to expend tens of thousands of rounds of ammo scenario. Heidis mom lives in Bend, so that brought Heidi back a little closer to home. In the tribal areas of Crapistan, er, I mean Pakistan, the world as we know it doesnt exist. I did one deployment to Afghanistan and my second was on apart of 31st MEU. Thats why high speed low drag operators, such as my self, have tigers. Featuringunsurpassed quality and attention to detail, eachpistol is individually handcrafted to represent Clints idea for the pinnacle of carry guns. Yeah a hundred + mags?! Made from premium-grade, vegetable-tanned leather, the Burdette Custom Holsters Detective SA-35 holster is a custom outside-the-waistband (OWB) model for the Springfield Armory SA-35 semi-automatic pistol. Meh. As for his assertion not to build an AR15, its good advice for most people because most people dont know what theyre doing with tools or bother to research parts based on compatibility and reliability. But our county, Allen County, Indiana, was the first county in Indiana to go to auto pistols, and thats because I took my deputy chief to Gunsite, we took off our revolvers, put on our auto pistols and took the class. In law enforcement, people only attend training because they are required too, but [Gunsite] was the first environment where I saw people that really did want to learn. Mookie said much the same thing, you either build guns or you use them you dont hear a lot about Samurais hammering out their own katanas back in feudal Japan. Rifle Dynamics and Thunder Ranch are teaming up again to bring another Limited Edition build brought to you by the legendary Clint Smith. and that was before all the news about negligent discharge Tried the Walther P-99 in 40, liked it but could not shoot it to high competency, ditto for the Browning Hi Power, really wanted to like it, but could not shoot it well. As long as you dont go to far off the Mill spec reservation All you really need is a good YT video and a few special punches, an armors tool and bench vice to assemble an AR. Or what parts are more important than others. The entire package retails for less than $1,200. ALL of Clints advice is based on Murphys law, and therefore its all GOOD ADVICE. Not in my house. In the US? Fuck me right? You need to do it consistently and repeatedly so you can do it under duress. If nothing else . If you're not loadin, you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick. Out. Unloaded mags are useless. Yes, every once in a while you get lucky and purchase a Yenko Mustang, but that is the exception, not the rule. Now I need to think about where to transfer them tomorrow. It can be upgraded to the Krebs Custom enhanced safety lever or a lever with Rifle Dynamics safety The pistol can be ordered and fitted with one of 4 different muzzles devices: Forward Controls KeyMo Flash Hider, Huxwrx QD Flash Hider, Dead Air KeyMo Flash Hider or Muzzle Break, SilencerCo ASR Flash Hider or Muzzle Break. ", "If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. The three red stripes are for accuracy, power and speed. The AR, OTOH, is not cheap to build, took several design changes to become reliable, and is more labor- and parts-intensive to maintain. +43 cookies to you. Tried a Glock, did not like it, could not shoot it well and stove piped all the time. Centuries old, so believe it. Both demand high dollar prices today. The sight is the last visual control over the projectile, the trigger is the last physical control. If you have to kill a person, a coyote, or a bobcat, 223/556 is just fine. Clint and Heidi Smith were generous enough to let TFBTV use Thunder Ranch for free to film this series in order to get the word out at no cost to any of our viewers on how to select and use an urban rifle. Q:On your journey in firearms training, was there anyone in particular who left a lasting impression on you?A:There are two. WebClint showed us what he thought was a very good, reasonably priced rifle. Hello, everyone and welcome to The Loadout Blog. Gosh. That's ridiculous. I think Id prefer to be sitting next to the guy with a 9 mm thats hitting everythinghe's shooting at than the guy with the .44 magnum that wasnt hitting anything. Shop for your 22 ammo too! and they get tons of ammo cheap, and lots of training at no cost to the officers. Hand-cut 30lpi checkering front and rear And if it does, a primitive pimple on the ass of your attackers wont be enough. I will post content once a week at minimum or more often if time allows. And that the author didnt know about the Baer guns. Get a parts kit for the parts that are most likely to fail; I understand that. Ive also been in the trades for over fifteen years so Im very comfortable with tools and taking my time. I dont huntcity born and raised, I was never taught, and if I shot an animal or a bird, I wouldnt know what to do with it next. Be savage. In this episode of TFBTV filmed at Thunder Ranch, James Reeves interviews legendary trainer and good friend, Clint Smith, about his five favorite guns. The Thunder Ranch product line is a joint venture between Aero Precision and Thunder Ranch. not so much. Again, the AR is a good platform, but it isnt the be all and end all. Carry stuff I want so i can take it from you., Oh, I like that one. This Clint Smith 1911 item is a VERY nice glamor piece. Some even shoot well in just a few rounds. Even in Wild West, there was more cooperation than combat. I dont need people to shoot fast, I need them to shoot well. Novice to deadly competent with good training in under 1,000 rounds. so after 3k rounds, the officers ALL shoot Glocks really well. Second, I agree on the idea of three rifles of the same brand and model. Im more likely to need to a retirement cashe than an apocalypse cashe. Curious, would the felt recoil in that featherweight .45ACP be less than it in .357? I love it. I have no idea why/when gun jesus became his handle in the community, but suffice to say, I would readily debate him if this is, in fact, his espoused position. The bonus being, unlike a burro or lama, you can feed them your enemies. WebAction Finish Metal Finish: Matte Cerakote, Black Stock Finish: Dipped, Multicam Barrel Length 18 in. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments. Thats what makes it part of a well rounded hobby. That ammo isnt going anywhere (except into someones bunker at some point) regardless of how much SHTF. For the first three years it was teachable but slow. Shortlengthsolidaluminumtrigger If it doesnt exist, create it. Q:What is the most common mistake that you see while training, and what is the correction?A:Manipulation of the trigger. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. And that a simpler, less ambitious design should break less. Heirloom Precision Gold Line front sight To wrap it all up the pistol comes with a standard safety lever. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Good luck finding all that shit weird ammunition, okay, when the apocalypse starts, OK . With over 40 years of teaching people to stay alive in a harsh world Clint Smith, director of Thunder Ranch, Inc. and International Training Consultants, has seen allot of guns come though his schools. But the issue is that, even with todays great prices, buying three gets to be an expensive proposition. The pistol ships with a RD soft case and (1) 30-round magazine.