Just wonder if this info is reliable, and if it is, why hasn't Princess adjusted the schedule of available cruises on the CB for the dry dock period. 40 Destinations, 87 Nights. from $995/night. So do we as we are also booked on the 5/14 cruise. After arriving at the facility in mid-April, the Rhapsody of the Seas is undergoing a scheduled drydock at the Damen shipyard in Brest, France. :'):'):') Just looked for myself and I concur with your eyesight, wisdom, and all other good traits I am sure you have. Explorer's Lounge hostsevents for everything from Wii sports tournaments to art auctions, plus comedy shows and magicians. Snap a pic of the Hollywood sign, stroll down the Sunset Strip and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, or visit Paramount Studios. Hugged by the aquamarine waters of the Pacific, Catalina Island and the Mexican Riviera have everything going for them delicious cuisine, pretty historic towns, pristine beaches and even a world-class wine country. Known as the City of Angels, Los Angeles could more accurately be dubbed the City of Endless Adventures. In early-September 2018, Caribbean Princess became fleet's first vessel with installedCarnival Corporation's OceanMedallion technology(wearable devices allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities, as well as interactive entertainment). From staterooms that offer a more restful sleep, to endless tempting new dining options, the newly reimagined Reef Splash Zone for kids and families plus other upgrades, you'll find Caribbean Princess herself has come back new. Can someone point me in the direction of a current dry dock schedule? Bridge cams. " + cards[0]['totalGroups'] + " Itineraries" : "" }}. Crew Center is website run by ex-crew members sharing their experience and Insights about life and work on cruise ships. Theres something happening around every corner; luckily, you have a whole cruise of days and nights to experience it all.1. Reef Splash Zone (kids aquapark / without waterslides) was added during drydock refurb 2019. The number of interconnectingcabins (for families) was increased with an additional87 pairs. Sleeps 10 4 bedrooms 4 bathrooms. The 16-days long itinerary's ports of call were in Greenland (Nanortalik, Nuuk, Qaqortoq) and Canada (Halifax, Sydney, St Johns). "Slice Pizzeria" (formerly "Prego Pizzeria") offers Neapolitan-style pizzas, Deep Dish Focaccia (with marinara, meatballs, cheese), California Artisanal Toast, Sliced Stromboli (calzone filled with deli meats and cheese). The surrounding lounge area is furnished with comfortable sectionals. Voyager of the SeasCruise Line: Royal Caribbean International Capacity: 3,100 Tonnage: 142,000 Year built: 1999 Shipyard: Damen (Brest, France). A true story about a man overboard situation, caribbean_princess_cruise_ship_itineraries_2023.pdf. Currently at one of the drydocks of the facility, the 2012-built vessel is undergoing routine and class work, which include engine and thruster overhaul, hull repainting and more. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". From family-friendly stateroom options to enriching youth and family programs, quality time is time well spent. Head to the Grove for more budget-friendly designer offerings, and stroll down Melrose Avenue if you're looking for boutiques and vintage items. The 1995-built Marella Discovery 2 is presently in a drydock at Navantia, in Cdiz, Spain. Carnival BreezeCruise Line: Carnival Cruise Line Capacity: 3,650 Tonnage: 130,000 Year built: 2012 Shipyard: Navantia (Cdiz, Spain). To be concluded in February, the refit includes substantial hotel upgrades, in addition to extensive technical work. https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, north carolina now from upper state ny Plattsburgh area. Your Vacation Effortless. At least that was the story from the cruise line. , I shared it before on my roll call since we also thoughtit was going to effect our Emerald cruise. BalmoralCruise Line: Fred. It does not store any personal data. I believe the correct dates for the drydock for her is March 20 - May 13th 2022. Not so great a cruise. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos. Catalina Island has long been a favorite spot to escape the bustle of LA. During the three-week shipyard stay, the vessel saw its propulsion problem fixed and also received Carnivals new red, blue and white livery. Free expert cruise tips and news from Cruise Hive! Work on the 170,000 square feet facility at Pier 10 was meant to start in April but . This could include repainting the hull, propeller maintenance, etc. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". On Sunday morning, guests scheduled to board Cunard's ship Queen Mary 2 were informed by the cruise line that their transatlantic crossing voyage was canceled the day they were supposed to board. Marella Discovery 2Cruise Line: Marella Cruises Capacity: 1,804 Tonnage: 70,000 Year built: 1995 Shipyard: Navantia (Cdiz, Spain). California Coast & Mexico cruises on Ruby Princess through August 21 Princess Cruises announced the 2023 Canada & New England cruise and cruisetour season, on sale May 5. Sign up. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Cardiff, Wales (UK) #1. Costa SmeraldaCruise Line: Costa Cruises Capacity: 5,224 Tonnage: 182,700 Year built: 2019 Shipyard: Damen (Brest, France). Minor updates to its interiors are also on the program. I believe the correct dates for the drydock for her is March 20 - May 13th 2022. We make sure cruisers are fully prepared for their cruise vacation with tips on ships and ports. I hope for all that are on the May 14th cruise that all is well ans safe cruising. Ugh--had to change *again*. Its the only Vancouver-bound cruise the line has cancelled so far this season. I had no idea the ship would take from 20th March when it returns to Fort Lauderdale after 13th. Jadn 13 thank you for responding so quickly. Dinner here is served and costs USD 12 pp. Indulge your appetite whenever you wish on board Princess. With family travelers in mind, Caribbean Princess debuts 87 interconnecting staterooms, offering more room and comfort for all family members to enjoy. Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features. That seems a little too close for comfort. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. If it is above, is this why they have not "rushed" to put the CB into dry dock? A new category cabin (Club-Class Mini-Suite) was introduced with VIP amenities and reserved -dining area. The Skys project also includes hotel side maintenance, with replacement of mattresses, carpets, galley utilities and more. so are we and a little concerned about the first cruise after that major drydock. The huge renovation will begin on March 26 and will last for two weeks. See how many new discoveries you can fit into just a few days on unforgettable weekend cruises out of LA. The Costa Smeralda recently completed a two-week drydock at the Damen shipyard in Brest, France. The newly-added Game Zone hosts family fun competitions and features oversized backyard games (the likes of Jenga, Cornhole, Connect Four). Wonder if it can make it back Singapore in 2 days. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. The SeaDream I is going through a major renovation at the Navalrocha shipyard in Lisbon, Portugal. The Celebrity Summit is presently in a drydock in the Grand Bahama Shipyard, in Freeport, the Bahamas. Fresh from its 2018 dry-dock refurbishment, Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas sports new Oasis-class amenities and activities, including expanded dining options, nightlife, and Broadway-style entertainment. The AIS position was reported 2 hours ago. I'm booked on that cruise! From extensive conversion projects to regular class work and emergency repairs, Cruise Industry News compiled data about some of the major drydocks presently underway. Had a great time though - just hope my sailing in June is smooth (I made sure to book cabin mid-forward) Seems all $$ money put into recent renovation was cosmetic? All Rights Reserved. Another fan-favorite stop on cruises from Los Angeles to Mexico, Cabo San Lucas totally lives up to the hype. Caribbean Princess current location is at Caribbean Sea (coordinates 17.35581 N / -84.43271 W) cruising at speed of 13.3 kn (25 km/h | 15 mph) en route to USFLL>KYGCM. The fleet matesCoralandIslandcontinued to transit the canal through the 3 old locks (Pedro Miguel, Miraflores, Gatun). These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Just Donhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLLdMovie Relatedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_esFor those of you who are wondering, yes I am a Travel Agent and I work with anyone in Canada and the United States :) Need to contact me with questions or to book a cruise? That's the day she's scheduled to set sail for our Alaskan cruise. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Princess also knows the cancelation is extremely disappointing and is making it right for the 1,600 guests who were to sail with us on this voyage with a full refund of the cruise fare and a 100% future cruise credit equal to the cruise fare paid on this voyage, said a representative. Theater's show programs have been upgraded with the new production show like "Bravo". Posted 21 minutes ago. According to Ambassador, the 1991-built vessel is also being brought to the latest environmental standards. Unless I'm reading the Princess website incorrectly, it appears that there is a CB cruise that ends on 4/13/2019 and the next cruise embarks on 5/14/2019. Following the 2017 refurbishment, the ship's pool deck (15) offers 4 outdoor dining options. RCI drydocks are usually conducted at the shipyards in Freeport (Grand Bahama), Singapore, and Cadiz (Navantia's shipyard in Puerto Real). From rejuvenating spa treatments and the tranquility of a top-deck retreat reserved just for adults to our state-of-the-art fitness centers, youll find all the elements to come back new. I too am wondering why it is taking Princess so long to cancel these cruises. Dinner includes family comfort foods, PB&J bar ("Peanut Butter and Jelly"). Cruise Industry News 1996-2022. In April 2013, the liner was deployed back to Europe for the British Isles and various Northern European itineraries in Baltic Sea. The Palm is for fixed-seating dining, whileIsland and Coral are for passengers who have chosen"Anytime Dining". Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. from $650/night. The music system and lighting were upgraded (to the steps and swimming pool) and new wall lighting was installed for the evening open-deck parties, activities (including stargazing and educational kids programs) and themed events. 21 reviews of Princess Cruise "7 day Island Princess Alaskan Cruise Note: My bf and I were probably one of the few younger couples on the ship. 816. I think we can probably forget about this cruise being a GO for several reasons as stated above. A 2022-2023-2024 Drydocking Schedule organized by ship, dates and region, along with historical drydocking time sheets. Sapphire Princess - 2018 dry dock (2-week project, completed inSingapore): All cabins were upgraded with the custom-made Princess Luxury beds. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. According to the local media, the 2019-built vessel underwent technical work that included the application of antifouling paint to the hull, in addition to modifications to the upper decks, with the installation of new safety bars on open decks. I was just in contact with my TA about the Diamond. The vessel will also receive new teakwood decking, two new jacuzzies, an upgraded marina platform and more. I wish the schedule showed what the drydock entails as that seems like a long time. 310 cruise ship visits scheduled for Canada Place in Vancouver in 2022, Compass compromised: Card skimmers found at Metro Vancouver Canada Line stations (PHOTOS), You can get super cheap flights from Abbotsford to Los Cabos for $200. Millions of travelers rely on Cruise Hive in the United States, Europe, Australia, and around the world. It did effect my Emerald cruise. Maybe this kind of timing is commonplace. The new Piazza-Vines Wine Bar is the place to try over thirty wines by the glass while snacking on artisan cheeses, sushi and tapas. You can also read the Latest Cruise News, Download Ship Itinerary, or take peak at the Crew Galleries. Free buffet-style breakfast and lunch choices include egg dishes and ramen bowls. Grand Princess is one of six ships that will be visiting Canadian ports during the 2022 Alaska Season, according to the cruise line. One way Panama Canal LA to FLL (and the reverse) is 15 days, so adding in LA to Portland would be about 18 days. And the Falklands banned large cruise ships from coming there during the upcoming season more than two months ago. Whats more, youll have just as much to look forward to in between shoreside discoveries as you sail onboard the Amplified fleet-favorite, Navigator of the Seas. The redesigned area now includes a large-sized Splashpad (outdoor water playground) fitted with splash pool, water cannons, water sprays, showers, interactive whale-like structure (with a "raining" fluke). Price-in exclusive amenities also include expedited dinner seating, priority services (embarkation/disembarkation), complimentary wine, expanded menu, premium bathrobes. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Personalized. Princess Cruises will be putting the Caribbean Princess through a major dry dock in Freeport. The company uses it as a port-of-call on voyages in the Caribbean. Pacific Explorer (previously known as Dawn Princess) is a cruise ship operated since June 2017 by P&O Cruises Australia, a cruise line brand owned by the Carnival Corporation & plc.It is a Sun-class cruise ship built by Fincantieri, Italy, in 1997, and features eight restaurants, four swimming pools, five hot tubs/spas/whirlpools, seven lounges and bars, and two children centres. Wet or Dry dock i just hope it's ready. Olsen Cruise Lines Capacity: 1,340 Tonnage: 43,537 Year built: 1988 Shipyard: A&P Group (Falmouth, England). From her nearly 900 balconies to the breathtaking three-story Atrium, you'll discover a relaxing atmosphere filled with an array of world class entertainment and dining options . Some where I did read that the fix will take 8 weeks. Club Fusion Lounge (hosts dance classesandquizzes, after 7:30 p.m. becomes Disco & Nightclub), Scoops Bar (Sundaes Ice Cream Bar, complimentary), Outrigger Bar (poolside bar);Tradewinds Bar, Caribbeans Lotus Spa complex; Beauty Salon;Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio), Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema), Video Games Arcade; Teen Center; Youth Center with Paddling Pool and outdoor playing areas, Calypso Reef & Pool area; Neptunes Reef & Pool area; Pirates View Pool area (served by Morgans Bar), The Skywalker (Jogging Track); Sports Court (volleyball,basketball, European football);Princess Links mini golf course, Cybergolf simulator. Princess Cruises will be putting the Caribbean Princess through a major dry dock in Freeport. By The second at-fee restaurant ("Steamers Seafood" offers steamers with regionally sourced seafood (Black and Blue Mussels, Scallops and Sausage, Classic Clams, Crab-stuffed Flounder). Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida, Princess Cays, Eleuthera Bahamas private island, Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos, Roatan Island, Mahogany Bay-Coxen Hole, Honduras, Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya, Princess Cruises unveils Europe 2024 voyages and cruisetours, Dozens of Princess Cruises' passengers left stranded at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, Florida). This vibrant city is one of the brightest jewels of the Baja coast. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. dunno - I'll just sit back and see what the experts and insiders state, They can type anything on the bridge camtitle that they want. Follows the complete list of Caribbean Princess restaurants and food bars. They will however be addressing much of the normal DD maintenance items along with new additions to the childrens area on the outside deck. What is being done on the Caribbean Princess in dry dock. Caribbean Princess itinerary program is based on cruises in Europe sailing out of Southamptonand Caribbean voyages from Houstonand Fort Lauderdale. Indulge your sweet tooth with unique ice cream flavors like chocolate caramel potato chip cupcake at Salt and Straw. Stop by one of the many food trucks for carne asada tacos. Time out of service will be from March 19 to May 13, as our March 13 cruise was shortened by a day. Located aft-portside on Deck 17/Sports Deck (beneath the ramp leading to Skywalkers Nightclub on Deck 18), the water park was added as a new section to the original aft swimming pool (Pirate's View). Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The program of work for the Fred. This should give some idea on what happens during a dry dock. Rating: Princess Cays is a famous tourist resort situated at the southern end of Eleuthera island, Bahamas, owned by Princess Cruises.