Steady Check Engine Light: If your check engine light is on every time you operate your Montego, you need to have it checked as soon as possible, especially if you notice performance problems or unusual noises. nothing registered, so there was no reading on my speed, engine heat gauge, fuel level, or tachometer. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. when asked why it is not no one call tell me. The most common cause of the problem is the oil pressure sending unit What you should do is spray the screw with some soapy water to see if you see any air bubbles indicating a leak. The Continuously Variable Transaxle is a fully automatic transmission . a police report was filed and pictures taken of the gear shift showing the car to be in park. my mercury dealer said nothing can be done. someone really missed the boat on this one. The failure mileage was 54,995. . the vehicle was not repaired. the contact did not allow the dealer to inspect any further. june 2012 the transmission was replaced by a ford dealership for 5,000. july 2012 the car went into fail engine safe mode, the codes pointing to the throttle body. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. that is irresponsible! The contact called the manufacturer who stated that the throttle body and transmission had to be replaced at her expense. Resulting injuries were head contusion, concussion and badly bruised arm and back. . Flashing Check Engine Light: If your check engine light is flashing, stop driving your Montego and have it towed to your nearest mechanic a blinking check engine light means you probably have a very serious problem with your car and you risk ruining your engine by driving it. just this week the passenger side rear brake caliper had to be completely replaced. Excessive oil pressure registering on the gauge can be due to a few different possible problems and would need additional testing to isolate the problem. Sport SUVs are a class all of their own; these vehicles are meant for a fun drive through the woods and across the trail but not necessarily to Grandmas house! The transmission check plug will typically be on the bottom or the side of the transmission and may also be next to the axle. the rear brakes were not working properly,as a result the front brakes were doing all the work. Mercury Montego Luxury: I have a 2005 Montego with nearly 100,000 I have a 2005 Montego with nearly 100,000 miles. *tr, After driving car 20 minutes and once the car engine heats up the transmission begins to buck and jerk while driving under 40 mph. Put in failsafe, has throttle but still runs rough, no codes Be the first to answer Mar 28, 2014 2005 Mercury Montego See all 2005 Mercury Montego Questions using the above referenced adapter and fill plug and pressurization system (aka, Transporter/Evacuator/Injector system) through the smaller access port in the center of the drain plug. of the 3500 miles, 2000 was on our trip. *tr, I bought a 2005 mercury montego used in 2012. starting last year during extreme cold weather the drivers side door will open but when you go to close it the door will not latch. haven't been able to have the light on long enough to get diagnostics done. the contact stated while traveling at unknown speeds, the vehicle jerked violently and erroneously accelerated. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. from what i have read on the forums this is a problem and for the transmission to all of a sudden not want to shift right who's to say someone gets hit because they couldn't get out of the way in time. Montego cvt transmission sticks sometimes when you hit the gas,and sometimes go into safety mode took it to the dealer they said no codes where found . facebook me [xxx] and let's get a plan. 552(b)(6). When the dealership replaced the transmission, there should have been a guarantee that the car was properly repaired, not just a guess! *tr, Drove car home day before, seemed fine. If youd like to further the mission of the Center for Auto Safety with an extra donation in addition to your Safety TuneUp subscription, please select an amount below. the car was driven approximately 2 miles when once again the transmission failed to engage and a loss of power was experienced. $125,745. x"H/2$}VXt"y)(&CJRhk$=wxJY pV? Unsubscribe any time. sine this form doesn't allow for multiple incidents, i have entered the most recent one. One filament is for tail lights and the other for brake lights. Went out next morning, car started fine, put into gear, car would not move. the vehicle was taken to a dealer for a diagnostic test who diagnosed that the mechatronics unit needed to be replaced. i commute 400 miles/week, and fear that this is a potential safety hazard that needs to be addressed and corrected. *TT, WDS COP KIT DIAGNOSTIC TIP COIL ON PLUG (COP) IGNITION SYSTEMS ENGINE MISFIRE OR ROUGH RUNNING. I seen several complaints on the internet with the same problem. Dash board gauges and controls. is listed as having been completed, yet the issue is still present. About 6 months ago all the dash indicators turned on. The contact owns a 2005 Mercury Montego. as i got further down the interstate, i heard a loud, screaming noise, and i continued to lose power. this is a ongoing issue and is very dangerous. *KB, GENERAL POWER TRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) PROGRAMMING PROCEDURES. I have a 2005 Mercury Monrego Premier AWD w/ the CVT transmission. the tire had bubbled in several places along the inner rim. the following day the failure recurred and the check engine light illuminated on the instrumental panel. The failure mileage was 40,525. The ETC_ACT and ETC_DSD PIDs should not used to diagnose possible ETB concerns. I have owned it for 5000 miles. *tr, Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. The linkage that controls the gear shift allowed the car to roll while the car was supposed to have been in park. Yet Ford will do nothing to address the issue or even say there is a major problem. only passenger side plug is carbon build up driver side is clean change plug doing same thing. the latch on my driver side door keeps freezing, keeping the door from staying closed. when the contact attempted to close the driver's door, the latching mechanism did not engage. The bulb is a dual filament bulb. Too many times to count 25 30 even more. it is my understanding that this throttle control ties into the transmission in which ford has had their share of problems. there were no injuries and a police report was not filed. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. *EH, HARSH OR ERRATIC UPSHIFTS/DOWNSHIFTS WRENCH LAMP ILLUMINATED WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P2544 VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 1/7/2005 AND EQUIPPED WITH THE (AWF21) 6 SPEED TRANSAXLE. i am not going to reclaim the car, and am afraid that drivetime is going to return this car back to a dealership to sale and endanger someone else's life. ford refused to assume any of the cost for replacement. What will it take to get Ford, Mercury to rectify this known issue? i am now told that the throttle body has gone bad. the vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. In freezing weather, door latches will not latch and the door remains open. When adding transmission fluid to your Montego, be sure to add it slowly as it will fill up quickly and is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill. *tr. I then checked the owners manual where it said it was for the throttle control, and transmission. but today i had to have my front driver side seat belt buckling assembly replaced as the whole thing ,covers fell off,and spring and tensioner failed to the point of not staying hooked together. it doesnt matter what speed either. 4 0 obj . when driving my 2005 mercury montego the complete dash cluster lost all functions and read outs, always at speeds above 30mph. See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. on 10/29/2011, the check transmission light alerted in car. we will pro ally never buy a ford product again due to safety concerns. the transmission is not acting properly.the car has a clunking sound when hitting bumps. Isn't efficiency great? Throttle will not work properly, won't let engine rev up. 2 days later the car went into fail engine safe mode again with the same codes with an estimate of $900. Tl*the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. *TT, TRACTION CONTROL LAMP ONNO DTCS PRESENT, OR DTC P1889 IN DIFFERENTIAL ELECTRONIC MODULE (DEM). *tr, 1check engine light (gas emisions) 2. failure is once a month then light goes off The. i was told it was the throttle body. 2005 Mercury Montego - Check engine light, the throttle control/transmission lamp warnings came on. while driving various speeds, all of the instrument panel gauges would illuminate and drop to zero and the seat belt indicators would illuminate and chime. the approximate failure mileage was 60,000. On january 8, 2011, the instrument panel of my 2005 mercury montego (same as ford five hundred) lost all gauges: no speedometer, no lights, no dash turn signal indicator etc. when i got off the highway i restarted the car but every few miles it would do the same thing. when i started the car at this time, the cluster panel and a/c were working, the backup lights were off (except when in reverse) and the wrench light was now off. Picked up car on 10/27/11. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673. i have radio , head lights , brake lights . It was traced to the cvt transmission. the manufacturer was notified of the failure. Mw. Purchased vehicle in Jan. 05 *tr. The contact was awaiting the call back when the complaint was filed. Powertrain: 3.0-liter V6, dual-overhead cams; continuously variable transmission; all-wheel drive with limited-slip . 2 0 obj Tl-the contact owns a 2005 Mercury Montego. I walked away from the total transmission choosing instead to search for another answer. Your Montego will have either a transmission dipstick or a check or fill plug to perform a transmission fluid check. Also the car wouldn't start. the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. however, i was always told there were no computer codes and that technicians couldn't "duplicate the condition." Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. a few times 9 or so the car would buck a few times. The vehicle was not repaired. the vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the automatic transmission valve body needed to be repaired. Tl*the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. the technicians were unable to duplicate the failure. went out next morning, car started fine, put into gear, car would not move. i had to pull over to the side of the road. extensive testing was done of the coolant sensor and related wiring and it was finally discovered that a bad spot in the sensor orange wire inside the harness at the back of the motor where it takes a sharp bend. let's get together and fight this one.. it's not fair!!!! Well, intermittent problems are a reality with electrical components. a couple months ago the transmission started jumping around, it seems like it would not go into to gear and when it does it will slam real hard. nobody seems to have answers for any of these questions. the contact stated that there was a voluntary recall for the brake pads. the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the transmission needed to replaced. 2005 Mercury Montego high beams are fine, no problem. It's been 1 month since this all started and still no answers or car to drive!! The contact and the driver extinguished the fire. i am an ase certified mechanic and this should be a considered a safety recall and any vehicle with the same diagnosis. this is a know problem to ford/mercury that the brakes are failing on ford 500s and mercury montegos. how they know this from a completely flat tire is beyond me. the contact stated that while driving 55 mph, there was a loud abnormal sound heard as all of the warning lamps illuminated and the vehicle stalled. Although there is a drain plug in the pan to remove the fluid, new fluid is added under pressure (30 PSI max.) they later stated that the part was available and that they have exhausted all options to repair the vehicle. the approximate failure mileage was 35,000. .it is over a 600.00 repair..i googled and others have the same problem. ford will not help in any way even though i firmly believe this is a factory defect. seems to me it is more of an electrical the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, where a diagnostic test indicated that the throttle body and alternator were faulty. By March 2012, the shuddering transmission and jerk was constant. while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle experienced unintended acceleration and crashed into the rear of a second vehicle. Remove Transmission Fluid Cap / Dipstick - Access point for transmission fluid, 4. mileage 78,000. these are unsafe conditions especially for night driving. when gradually applying the breaks, the car would begin to shudder. the failure could cause high voltage in the electrical circuit, which could have lead to a fire. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. >NxzdBhQi#* I own a 2005 Mercury Montego. Due to the failure, the contact crashed into a bush while attempting to park the vehicle. i took the car to the local dealership and they had an owner notification from ford to clean the throttle body. We have a massive and growing video library, but we don't have everythingyet. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego premier. The contact owns 2005 Mercury Montego. If your car is leaking a small amount of power steering fluid - see this video on how to fix the leak, The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now. the vehicle was taken to a dealer for a diagnostic test who diagnosed that the mechatronics unit needed to be replaced. i just got the car back today and it did it again! Parked car at home. Purchased car on 10/3/2011 from drivetime motors. *tr, My parents were involved in a head on accident with a drunk driver who had cross the center line, in which case none of the airbags were deployed. also when she attempted to brake, the vehicle would not slow down and at times would actually speed up. *tr, Car showed "failsafe engine mode" on the display panel and did not respond when i hit the gas almost causing an accident as i attempted to change lanes. I feel that my car has a manufacturing defect that is the reason I need a transmission and I also feel that $5,500 is a outrageous price to pay for a transmission for any vehicle. On the other hand, the car seams to accelerate normally while up shifting to speed although maybe the shifts are getting a bit harder than we were used to. the work was completed. *TT, TRANSMISSION HARSH SHIFTING NO DTCS MILEAGE OVER 20,000 MILES. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. the next day on county road 500n in indiana it did it again. this time i was ready to back out af a parking space, put the car in reverse and it surged backward. again engine begin to whine at high rate as if i was in neutral and had foot a gas. With careful driving I can minimize it but am not able to accelerate very well. the noise usually occurred when traveling in reverse. 2005 MERCURY MONTEGO COOLING FAN WILL NOT TURN OFF NOT OVER HEATING . *kb. before i go further we first took it to the ford dealership to see how muchit would cost they said it would start about 4,000 dollars we could not afford that and took it to a transmission place and it was finally fixed after being in the shop 14 day due to the fact that he could not get parts or anything from the ford parts department. My 2005 Mercury Montego with just over 18, 000 miles suddenly went dead, while partially pulled out in traffic. The current and failure mileages were approximately 77,000. Information redacted pursuant to the freedom of information act (foia), 5 u. S. C. 552(b)(6). i really think that ford should initiatte a call back on these transmissions, but they said they will not initiate anything unless national higway traffic safetiy and administration itnitalizes the call back. I need to know how to check and fill my transmission on a 2005 mercury mountneer awd can't find the check fill plug can you steer me in the right direction and how to adjust the linkage on the transmission. I had to pay just over $1900 on this repair--which I do not believe is fair, as it appears to be a defect with the cvt. 2005 Kia Sorento vs. 2005 Chevrolet Blazer: Which One Should I Buy? I have been trying to contact allan mullany, and benny fowler but have had no success. i called ford and they informed me they are no longer responsible for this. the car will randomly shut off when going down the road losing all power steering and power braking ability. after turning the car off and restarting, this sometimes (but not always), "fixes" the problem. keeps going into "failsafe engine mode" and the wrench light comes on but only for a few moments, then runs normally again after restarting. No other problem until I was at a stop light on way to destination. /Height 385 Mercury Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Car Program. i took my foot off the gas and got back into the right lane. the sudden acceleration lasts 3 to 5 seconds. this is particularly a problem considering i have an infant in the backseat most every trip. upon investigation, the contact associated the failure with nhtsa campaign number: 06v383000 (latches/locks/linkages) however, the vin was not included. My name is andre and I am a former employee of the Ford assembly plant that was in hazelwood missouri. Tire Pressure Warnin . the first incident of grinding noise happened at 100 miles. i pulled onto the shoulder of the road as soon as it was safe (i was on an overpass). Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open, 3. the contact stated that the vehicle's check engine light continues to illuminate. I have a 2005 mercury montego. this is obviously a computer issue within the car,same system that is in toyota's. the backup lights stayed on while in drive presenting a significant safety hazard. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. *jb the airbag light stays on, and the awd malfunction message displays in the information panel until i hit the reset button. i would never buy another ford product due to their lack of customer service and concerns with the safety of their product. stream from a safety perspective, is this a short in the system or is my airbag really malfunctioning? See all videos for the 2005 Mercury Montego. this required new pads and rotors be replaced. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. my car has the exact same condition that is in the recall but for some reason it is not part of it. need advice as to problem and how to fix. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. he has taken his vehicle to the dealer fourteen times and have been unable to permanently repair the failure. the failure and current mileage were 57000. My car would not go into forward or reverse. 8cyl Automatic. the failure mileage was 109,000. i've been told my car was not affected by the recall (#06s45), but i feel that i have the exact problem described and would like to get the issue fixed so i don't have to worry about it the rest of winter. Again engine begin to whine at high rate as if I was in neutral and had foot a gas. the vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. Something needs to be done since there are so many of us having the same problem. the shifting into neutral is a safety issue. when the tow truck put the car on the flat bed, the car tried to roll off even though the car shift level was in park. drive and reverse. i have been trying to contact someone to help me in a terrible situation. do something about it, before someone's hurt! the failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 64,000. with careful driving i can minimize it but am not able to accelerate very well. moisture would enter into the brake pads and the manufacturer installed new rotors in the brake assembly. the vehicle was not repaired. Also the "wrench" light came on. We own a 2005 mercury montego premier. *nm there were no injuries and a police report was filed. << my concern is that ford will not or wont stand behind their cars. it would suddenly accelerate even though i did not change the pressure on the gas pedal. these defects are serious, and i wish you would take them as such before someone gets killed. the vehicle then began to shake abnormally. when the jack dropped it sounded like the power screw slid. i seen several complaints on the internet with the same problem. Our certified mechanics come to you Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guaranteeFair and transparent pricing. i depressed the brake, put the car in park, and shut it off. *tr, My name is [xxx] and i am a former employee of the ford assembly plant that was in hazelwood missouri. The contact stated the vehicle would intermittently jerk when driving at any speed. the manufacturer was not contacted. While driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle began to jerk forward and decelerate while depressing the accelerator pedal. Child walked around to the trunk and used key fob to open the trunk. /TR/Identity $2,400.00 dollars for a "not quite sure" fix is a bit much specially after already sinking $600.00 into the problem. *tr, 2005 mercury montego premier has been experiencing rough and bucking transmission shifts at 2nd and 3rd gears, very occasional shift into neutral by itself while in motion and accelerating and shuddering transmission shifts during deceleration or braking since approx. I have a 2005 Mercury Monrego Premier AWD w/ the CVT transmission. On june 22, 2010 i noticed the engine warning light come on. Could be transmission related, could be throttle body related. four weeks later, the aftermarket brake rotors were rusted excessively. It's not fair!!!! The contact stated that the transmission failed. the failure mileage was 95,275. the current mileage was 57,080. the failure mileage was 54,956. updated 11/13/09. Complaints can be spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. 2005 mercury montego stalls, rough idle no throttle responce Cranks up, rough idle, stalls no throttle responce. The car has 72000K on it and has had three major problems in the past couple of months. Purchased car on 10/3/2011 from DriveTime Motors. i do still have the old part. The video above shows how to locate the on board diagnostics OBD plug location on your 2005 Montego, how to read the trouble codes and how to reset or clear the check engine light using a scanner on your Montego. the failure continued. one time it was so bad, we felt we had been hit. The video above shows where the transmission fluid dipstick or the transmission fluid check plug is located in your Montego and how to check the transmission fluid level. *tr. the next day i had it towed to paul creame ford to be checked. the vehicle was taken to the dealer and the wire that caused the temperature gauge to malfunction was replaced. the contact stated that after shifting into gear, the vehicle lunged forward abnormally. Only one powertrain was available in 2005-07 Montegos: a 3.0-liter V6 that was rated at 203 hp. i did not try the cruise control because i am scared to death. it is a common problem i would think there would be a recall on such a situation. *tr, Instrument panel lights all light up and all the dials drop to zero, traction control goes out which causes a huge safety issue in winter driving. i had an appt to take it in to a ford dealer to have it diagnosed. everything comes back on but will go out multiple times getting worse everytime. this is abnormal brake wear and the owners of ford five hundred and mercury montego should be aware of this issue. *tr. ford reference #06s45 the contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the check engine and transmission light illuminated and immediatetly after the vehicle stalled. however, the problem was never fixed. however to possibly avoid another accident, i crossed over to the other traffic lanes on order to get off the highway where i was still involved in an accident which totaled my car. the approximate failure mileage was 45,000. nobody seems to have answers for any of these questions. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle jerked without warning. This is a ongoing issue and is very dangerous. however, now the check engine light was on. the next day i called the dealership and explained the situation. the current mileage is 19,000 and failure mileage was 5,000. << Copart offers online auctions of repairable salvage and clean title vehicles on Mon. My check engine light came on, repair shop ran diagnostic test (70.00) 99,757miles 2007 Mercury Montego; said I need - Answered by a verified Mercury Mechanic . the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. I need help in getting this matter resolved. 203. a week later we put the fuse back in & smoke started coming from the mirror,again, so we pulled the fuse & have left it out. Before I go further we first took it to the Ford dealership to see how muchit would cost they said it would start about 4,000 dollars we could not afford that and took it to a transmission place and it was finally fixed after being in the shop 14 day due to the fact that he could not get parts or anything from the Ford parts department. upon gaining control of the car and getting it safely off the deserted country road into a field, i saw that the tire was completely deflated and barely hanging on the rim. I went to Ford dealer around 100k miles for a possible transmission read more Chris (aka- Moose) Mercury Technician 2,247 satisfied customers Chris (aka- Moose) Mercury Technician 2,247 you would think a corporation like ford would initiate their own call backs with the noted problems, just to save reputations, 2005 mercury montego has close to 90k miles. Upon testing, prior to pick up, the mechanic found that transmission to be a bad one. they now say i need a remanufactured transmission at a cost of nearly $5000. speedometer, tack, fuel gauge, and engine temp all set to zero. the dealer stated that they would repair the vehicle at the owners expense when the part were available. The dealer was not contacted. the contact noticed that the vehicle's stopping distance had increased when braking. *TT, WRENCH LIGHT ON, NO ENGAGEMENT IN DRIVE OR REVERSE AND DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0942. i tested the car daily with the same results, until tuesday, august 11th. Base price: $28,245. How much transmission fluid does my car take after a full drain, Why is my speedometer dropping at 0 when i get up to 60 mph? The failure occurred intermittently at highway speeds. If the battery is OK, Hi, is there any more information you can give us about the acceleration issue? the contact stated that the vehicle began jerking abnormally while driving 35 mph. _B@#X`u\Ro{KFP<9K (nJD7O+SL>%J,BOR1%JRqo *AyRm&N%..WGQO-xA2 I recommend having a technician come inspect your vehicle (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection) and clean the battery terminals and check voltages from the switch.